🚪 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Passage Into the New Year

Unfortunately, last night I was not feeling very well (sinus pressure in my head :frowning: ), and was unable to perform any rituals, But, this morning, I did :slight_smile: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

To ring in the New Year, I used a suggestion made by @Francisco. As I do a lot of work in my kitchen :cookie: :doughnut: :hocho:, I was drawn to setting my intentions for my whole household and blew cinnamon onto the doorstep of my house. Today, as I clean the house, I will be ritualistically sweeping out all of the negative energies and sweeping in all of the positive energies, and ending the day with a cleansing meditation/spell :candle: , a road opener :national_park: prayer to the elements, and finally a ritual bath and self re-dedication. I must say, I am excited to perform these rituals today! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Wishing each and every one of you a prosperous and safe 2022!

Blessings to all of you!

:purple_heart: :blue_heart: :green_heart:

9 Likes

First of all, happy new year to everyone here!!! :partying_face::tada::balloon::clinking_glasses::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
What I accomplished for this challenge was an actual challenge!!! I did the Swedish Death Cleaning

What you do is clean your clutter as if you’re leaving it for your family to go through when you’re passed on/dead. You wouldn’t want them to be burdened with all of your trash, so clean it up because you can’t bring it with you! It’s also a way of winter cleaning as opposed to spring cleaning.

I began with my son’s room and make my rounds. Afterwards I did a cleansing ritual to rid the old and bring in the new. It was a video I believe or post made by the beautiful @SilverBear on her site. I’m sorry I forget the title.

11 Likes

This is the first weekly challenge I’ve actively participated in. I’m changing several things going forward:

1. I will be using a hard bound notebook for my book of Shadows.
  2. I am going to go out of my way to take care of my physical and mental health.
  3. I am working on procrastinating less.

Yesterday I made myself a calendar with a lot of the things I want to be reminded of. Today I’m going to work on making a list of things I think I should be doing more; eating healthier, getting outside more, and the like.
This evening after I wake up I’m going to do the Road opener spell.

I would like suggestions on other healthy habits to work on , if you have any, it would be very appreciated.

13 Likes

Hope you get to feeling better Athena! Sinus headaches are the worst!

And your plans sound lovely! I hope you’re able to do them all!

Heh. That sounds like a chore! Good luck with that, I just figure I’ll let everyone take my leavings when I’m gone.

Those all sound good @Torista! I’d put meditation in there too. That’s what I’m going for this year. We’ll see how it goes.

10 Likes

To ring in the New Year I took some time to think about 2021. What my expectations were and what I had wanted to be and go differently. I wrote down on paper these things as well as that I was releasing them. I wrote what I was welcoming in the new year and what I wanted to be filled with and how I was letting go of the negative. I then folded the paper and placed it in my cauldron and with intention I lit the paper and let it burn.

9 Likes

Uaho interesting challenge! To begin, I went a little more methodical since I decide to do some
Shadow Work and gratitude work for the New Year. I began by writing a letter to my self and how 2021 change me accompanied by New Year Tarot spread. Then, I decided to do a release bath with epson salt, lavender, rose and hibiscus petals, and rosemary. I did a gratitude and release prayer while showering since it is the best time for me to let my guard down and be more vulnerable. Tonight, I will do my Dark Moon release ritual and plan my New moon ritual for Monday. One of the things I want to focus is on my craft, so I will try to meditate more frequently and focus my intentions to increasing and growing stronger than ever.

11 Likes

Haha I can just see my dog’s digging up my pot plant if I tried that but it does sound like a nice tradition

11 Likes

Thank you I think I will try this even though we are the 2nd of January here in Australia

10 Likes

Happy New Year everyone & hope you all have a Blessed Be 2022. :partying_face: :clinking_glasses: I am looking forward to a better 2022.

I’m gathering some ingredients for a New Year Spell Jar, and a Self Love Spell Jar,
seeing if I have all the ingredients.

I brought in the New Year this year with a Guided Meditation, with my intention for 2022
to focus on my witchcraft and let the rest come & go as it wants to. I will be stronger,
trust in myself more & my protect myself better in this New Year.

Happy New Year :clinking_glasses: :heart: :heart: :heart: you all.

9 Likes

Go right ahead! I hope it works well for you! :blush:

7 Likes

@CrashaNova that sounds very cathartic! :grinning:

7 Likes

@Torista I agree with @Amethyst. Meditations would be a good thing to add. They can help center and ground you while setting your intentions. :smiley: This is something that I am going to try to do more of, myself.

8 Likes

@Amethyst It was a challenge, but as today is Saturday, I feel that I can accomplish my goals for today. The night is still young, and the moon is becoming full. :new_moon: We will what the night brings :smiley:

7 Likes

For my challenge entry I made a good luck spell jar.
The jar contains:
Rosemary, rosehip, sage, ginger and cloves for luck, Peace, wisdom, healing, and success.
On my altar I lit a green candle and the crystals I placed were Tigers eye, rose quartz, aventurine, citrine.
My chant:
By the moon and the stars
That forever shine
When the rippling water
meets the Earth by design
With gratitude in spirit
And through the divine
Through the pentacle of fire
In which we combine
The elemental winds of luck
Will be mine

And since the new year is about self-love and self-care, I made an affirmation jar and every morning I will pull a positive affirmation to start my day.

13 Likes

I love that!

6 Likes

I hope you were able to get around to it!

7 Likes

This is my entry for the Weekly Witchy Challenge: Passage Into the New Year.

Entry #1 Protection & New Year Spell Jar
Ingredients:
White Candle
Himalayan Pink Salt, Daisy Petals, Rose Petals, Lavender, Sugar, Black Pepper Corns, Ground Sage, Coin, Intention/wish, Cinnamon, Salt, Black Pepper, Basil, Rosemary.

Light the Candle: Chant this chant 3 times.

Elements of the Sun,
Elements of the Day,
Please come this way.
Powers of Night and Day,
I summon thee,
I call upon thee,
To Protect me!
To Guide me!
To Grant my Wishes!
So mote it be.

Entry #2: Happiness Prayer Jar
Ingredients: Yellow Candle, Pink Salt, Lavender, Daisy Petals, Rose Petals, Sage, Rosemary & Sugar.

Light the Yellow, and say this Prayer:
O gracious Goddess,
O gracious God,
Lend me health, strength, and love
During this coming year.
Assist me with challenges ahead,
Share your divine wisdom,
Teach me to respect all things,
Remind me that the greatest power of all is love and happiness.
Blessed Be.

Protection & New Year Spell Jar

Happiness Prayer Jar

Blessed Be.

13 Likes

New Year’s Eve Cleansing Bath

1. Fill a bathtub of warm or hot water with rosemary leaves or rosemary essential oil.

2. Light a white candle beside the bathtub. As you soak in the bathtub, think back on everything that has happened in the past year. Were there times you might have said or done something that caused harm to others, consciously or unconsciously?

When the answer comes to your mind, say the following:

As the old year ends,
I wish to make amends for any harm I have caused,
consciously or unconsciously
As the new year begins,
may I find the strength from within
to do better by myself and by all beings

My best friend, who picked and sent some herbs to me for Yule/Christmas sent me some plantain. At first, I was confused when I looked it up because I was getting pictures of plantain bananas. The leaves were certainly not from any banana tree. :laughing:

What she sent me was actually ribwort or buckwheat plantain.

Pic from Etsy

It’s a very common weed in the US. After doing some research, I learned that plantain is/has been a go to herb for all sorts of ailments. They can heal bruises and cuts, reduce swelling, and staunch the flow of blood. They are excellent to drink (or eat) if you’re suffering from a respiratory illness such as the common cold or bronchitis. They can heal stomaches and ulcers. In addition, the seeds can kill parasitic infections.
It is feminine, ruled by the planet Venus and the element of Earth. It can be used in good luck/protection spells, so I thought it would be perfect to include it in the following spell.

Draconic Protection Spell For The New Year

1. Light a red candle on your altar and say the following:

O Tysteal, Great Dragon Sheppard Goddess,
*I humbly invoke your name
as I write down what I need or want to achieve in the new year

1. Write down your goals on a piece of paper.

2. Place some ribwort/buckwort plantain between the piece of paper and put it in an envelope.

With the protective energy of plantain,
may good luck and fortune be at my back as I pursue my goals.

1. Seal the envelope with red wax from the candle. Do not open it until the following New Year’s Eve.
10 Likes

Beautiful work everyone! :clap: The magick of the coven shines so brightly, what a way to welcome in the new year! :blush:

It’s time for a friendly reminder!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and haven’t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: January 4th, 7:00 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time Zone)

Blessed be! :door: :fireworks:

9 Likes

I didn’t do very much for the new year. On New Years Eve, me, my daughter, and my mom all wrote down things we want to release on paper and burned them. Then we wrote down our wishes on bay leaves and burned those as well. Then the next day I buried the ashes in my garden with the wish that as my garden flourishes so too do our wishes. I’ll be cleansing my home tomorrow and then finishing up the cinnamon ritual from our weekly ritual last week :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes