Witchy Weekly Challenge - Catch up: Potion Making!

For my entry to the weekly catch-up this run I will be offering my banishing oil. This oil is one that took me a great while of trial and error to come up with one powerful enough to work on a spirit that had hitched a ride with an old antique grandfather clock I had bought and at the same time banish an entity that was living in my basement causing issues. I would not recommend it for any spirit or entity over an LVL 7 though because after LVL 7 it is best to have someone who works with the harder spirits involved unless you really know what you are doing. I have enclosed the pdf and the invocation for all to use. @Francisco if you would like to use it here as well you are more than welcome.

banishingoil2022.pdf (814.9 KB)

18 Likes

Thank you for sharing your oil recipe & I’m happy that it worked on the stray spirit that was hitching a ride.

I hope you don’t mind that I linked this to the main challenge thread so it can easily be found when the time to give credit comes. :hugs:

9 Likes

Thank you. and I don’t mind at all.

9 Likes

Oh wonderful, thanks for sharing! I’ll have to download it and save it for later :blush:

8 Likes

Wow, @LadyDennaRahl- thank you so much for sharing your potent banishing oil, and an extra thank you for the pdf! :raised_hands: :heart: It is a really lovely recipe and it’s so kind of you to share- this oil is a wonderful addition to anyone’s BoS :open_book:

Great work and thanks again! :blush:

6 Likes

It’s my pleasure I have many other pages I’ve made over the years that I’m currently reformating and turning into pdf files.

7 Likes

What a fun project, Charlaine! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It must be really neat to go back through old recipes and spellwork and re-find treasures :sparkles: Hope you have fun with it! :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing…I am in need of a good banishing oil :black_heart:

7 Likes

I’m sorry, I can’t read the font very well. What type of nail does it say?

6 Likes

Here you go :blush: I copied it over for you. It says 1-3 iron nails.

With intent gather the following
ď‚· 1 large bottle with stopper and label
ď‚· Carrier oil: Olive, Caster, or another neutral oil. Not coconut.
ď‚· Red or White wine Vinegar
ď‚· 1TBS Holy water or blessed moon water
ď‚· 1-3 Iron Nails depending on size
ď‚· 9 Whole Cloves
ď‚· 1 tsp black or mixed peppercorn cracked
ď‚· 1/4tsp paprika
ď‚· 1TBS Guava Leaf
ď‚· 1TBS White Sage leaf crushed. (1/2TBS if powdered)
ď‚· 1TBS Basil
ď‚· 1/4tsp Cayenne powder
ď‚· 1/2Tbs Crushed Red Pepper
ď‚· 1 or 2 Bay Leaf Whole
ď‚· 1/4tsp Dandelion leaf
ď‚· 1/4tsp Fennel Seed
ď‚· 1TBS Granulated garlic
ď‚· 1/2tsp Stinging nettle leaf
ď‚· 9 grains of myrrh resin
ď‚· Juice from one aged lemon

8 Likes

Oh haha. Thank you so much. Idk why I didn’t think of that lol :laughing:

7 Likes

@LadyDennaRahl and @MeganB sweeeeeeeettt i have all of that!!! Imagine that lmao :laughing::laughing:

Do u mind if i copy that into my BOS, @LadyDennaRahl ?

7 Likes

just a heads up if anyone doesnt have guava leaf, u can always substitute it for passionflower.

7 Likes

Oh that’s good to know - thank you!

5 Likes

Thats why i added it as a pdf

7 Likes

@LadyDennaRahl

Thank you :pray: so much for sharing your Banishing Oil recipe. I do have a question for you about the recipe. Why do you say, “Not Coconut?” That would be my first choice! I always use Fractionated Coconut Oil in all of my magic potions. I’m just curious…

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

5 Likes

In my experimentation in perfecting this oil, I found that coconut oil was unable to handle tougher class spirits working mainly on up to class 3 or 4. Olive oil on the other hand I found is a stronger oil working well for up to class 8 or 9. While I personally don’t work with that class of spirit I have a couple of dear friends who are professional witches working solely with high-class spirits and the like. They worked extremely close with me in protecting this oil and what class spirits it worked best on.

A very little bit about olive and coconut oil

Olive oil is one of the oldest documented oils with a history of over 6000 years estimated. This makes it known in many circles as a sacred oil. Coconut oil has a history of around 4000 years. While it is also a sacred oil it was taught to me to be used only for positive energy spells suck as luck, love, etc. I was taught to keep it away from the workings of anything dealing with spirits, evil, darkness, etc.

6 Likes

@LadyDennaRahl

Thank you for your answer! This has “opened a new door” for me and makes so much sense. :bulb: I understand now and it “fits” perfectly.

I use Fractionated Coconut Oil (FCO) because the fat has been removed so which means it won’t stain my clothes. I’ve always been kind of klutzy :roll_eyes: FCO is probably best for blends I apply to my skin. But for magickal workings, I will be using Olive oil.

Thank you again, I so appreciate the life-changing :zap: information you have shared!

In gratitude :pray: always

6 Likes

@LadyDennaRahl i use olive oil for everything unless otherwise requested. Or i just get a bug up my butt about it, and ill switch.

As for spirit classes can u elaborate more for me, privately if u prefer.

4 Likes

tried to send you a message said I could not.

4 Likes