šŸ•“ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

@Artemisia Your travel alters are awesome! I didnā€™t think you could get so much in an Altoids tin! Itā€™s like magic :crazy_face: . I have tons of tins (like 30+) floating around. My oldest son LOVES them. Such a cool project!

11 Likes

@Amethyst I am very glad you like breathing lol- Iā€™ve found its one of those things we donā€™t appreciate enough until a stuffy nose or head cold comes along and turns it into a chore :sweat: I pray the new meds help to give the bug (or whatever it is!) the boot for good- stay strong, Amethyst! :heart:

@MeganB Good for you for venturing into the world of wax readings! :partying_face: We get a lot of questions about wax readings in the forum and Iā€™m always like uhhhh not a pro here, just gonna have to slap my tea reading knowledge onto candles and give it a shot :joy: I really like the idea of dripping the wax onto water- I think it makes it much easier to pick out shapes that way! :+1: I really enjoyed your interpretation of the wax- may the finances truly be within your reach! :moneybag: :two_hearts:

@JollyStar Oh my goodness- look at that print! :heart: Is this really your first try with this type of print-making!? Itā€™s amazing! :heart_eyes: Youā€™ve got natural talent, Amber- count me impressed! May I ask what youā€™ll do with your masterpiece? I think it would make a great page (or even cover!) for a sacred book :open_book: :blush:

@Artemisia What a clever way to take your magick on the go, Kat- and that is super sweet of you to make a second one for your friend for her birthday! That is a perfect bday present if you ask me :gift_heart: :blush: I am both amazed and impressed by just how many things you were able to pack neatly inside the tin- great work! :clap:

10 Likes

For Celestial Exploration I decide to add my natal chart to my grimoure and look into what the more vague items that were included.

• Midheaven is the highest point of the horizon that any planet can reach.
  • Ascendant is the far left point of the horizon.
  • Part of fontune is the location of the moon and the sun rises.
  • True north node or Northern node is where the moonā€™s orbit around the earth intercepts the Earthā€™s orbit around the sun.
  • Lilith is the moonā€™s apogee.
  • Juno, Ceres, vesta, Pallas, and Chiron are dwarf planets.
12 Likes

Wow, Honey, Just Wow
Garnet

10 Likes

That looks amazing! I know nothing of birth charts. Itā€™s kinda like looking at my sonā€™s calculus book. Itā€™s on my list of stuff to learn about. That is really awesome!

11 Likes

I thought Iā€™d tackle a second entry to the catch-up challenge. Iā€™ve been looking at knot magic for a while, itā€™s quite appealing to me. I do tons of work with thread, yarn, and rope. I crochet, knit, macrame, and tat. That is just what I can remember right now lol. So I am doing the Of Spells and Strings challenge.

I did a stylized witches ladder. I changed the words and it is intended as a love strengthening spell. I lit a pink candle and lit some cinnamon incense while making the ladder and saying the words.

By knot of one, spell is begun,
By knot of two, for me and you,
By knot of three, we can agree,
By knot of four, this love we swore,
By knot of five, together we thrive,
By knot of six, problems we fix,
By knot of seven, together is heaven,
By knot of eight, for each other, we wait,
By knot of nine, our love combined.

I added a heart charm for love,
turquoise for communication,
lapis lazuli for attracting kindness and love to help relationships,
obsidian to protect from negative energies,
amber for lasting love,
tigerā€™s eye to promote trust.
I choose the colors to represent us by our hair colors, black for me and reddish-brown for him.

I got all the stone information from the A Guide to Crystals app on my iPhone.

IMG_5597

:star: :star: :star:

14 Likes

@BryWisteria I was thinking of using them on my divider page for herb and plant info. I did try to make the herbs all realistic to show the ones that I have used. I do like your idea of putting it on a cover too. I need to get some better ink/paint for the print maybe it will come out clearer.

9 Likes

@JollyStar - as a fellow ā€œIā€™m going to try this & see how I doā€ crafter, you did an amazing job on those prints. I love them! I may have to look into that.

Your knot magic is beautiful too with crystals at the end. Also something Iā€™m not very good at, but my hands donā€™t always cooperate what it is that I want them to do. :rofl:

@Torista I love birth charts! Actually to help break it down there are topics regarding specific points in your chart & a website with FREE basic astrology lessons:

Black Moon Lilith in Your Natal Chart - Weekly Witchy Challenge

Where is Your Chiron? - Weekly Witchy Challenge

Retrograde Planets in your Birth Chart :dizzy:

FREE Astrology Basics Lessons

@Artemisia I have wanted to make a travel altar & I have a son that is into gums & Altoids & the likeā€¦ I love the idea of having 1 for the Morrigan & 1 for Brighid too. :triquetra: or one that is just Celtic based & I can go where I want with what is inside.

You did a great job & I love the process & choices that you made! :heart: Great job!

11 Likes

@JollyStar
I was my sons reference from K-5. After that, math was like speaking in tongues. My husband, the professor, then took over.
Garnet
PS: My son wanted him fired!

11 Likes

Once they started their new way of teaching math & the new names for things they were learning & howā€¦ I had to step down as a homework helper because it was like relearning something the hard way. :joy:

10 Likes

Oooh! Thank you so much!

10 Likes

You are very welcome, I have other information on my laptop about navigating birth charts & a couple of beginnerā€™s books. I will find the names & authors & let you know. I did read them for book clubs, but I canā€™t remember which book club I read them forā€¦ soā€¦ Iā€™ll look in my witchy library instead :laughing:

You can also do a search in the forum for astrology either as a topic or tag & more information about the subject will come up. We used to have astrology readings & forecasts in the forum & it has been used in challenges over time. I donā€™t want to overwhelm you, but if it is something you are truly interested in, there is a wealth of information in the forum & about witches within the coven. :infinite_roots:

The Lunar Nodes

Astrology 101 - The Outer Planets

Sorry, found a couple of more interesting topics for you about astrology. :rofl:

9 Likes

For the :bathtub: Scrub-a dub, Magick in the Tub, I took a hot bath with chamomile essential oil and a hot mug of chamomile tea. I had drank some Red Bull earlier to try to get rid of a headache from the weather whiplash and all it did was make me jittery, but the chamomile helped me calm down and made my headache go away.
On a side note, I donā€™t understand how anyone can stand energy drinks on a regular basis. Maybe thatā€™s one of the reasons a lot of customers arenā€™t very patience anymore; :thinking: energy drinks have their blood racing!

11 Likes

My first entry for this challenge is ā€œThe Thrifty Witchā€. I love shopping at Goodwill and Thrift shops. I have found so much witchy stuff. My rose quartz candle holders and my bosom are my favorite finds. I have even found a witch shadow box with crystals in it. But, for this challenge I have to include my rosemary bush. My husband bought it for me several years ago. It was in the shape of a Christmas tree. After Christmas was over, it was looking pretty puny, so I decided to plant it in the front of the house. I didnā€™t think it would survive, but this thing went crazy! I never buy store bought rosemary. I use it to cook, make smudge sticks, rosemary oil and use in spells. I love my rosemary bush!

11 Likes

Current situation dealing with i was worrued i wouldnt get a chance to do sonething during this catch up week. But i decided in order to find more balance in life i needed to set boundaries and make my wellbeing a priority as well as others. Balance something youd think a libra sign would br better at. But so im going to give this a go. Even if its just an attemmpt at one or two that could assist the situation im in. Its going to take some thinking of what i need but originaly was thinking the healthy dose of stones and crystals and the art magic one. Then i saw the intent and goals one which i think moving forward could be helpful. So i might need to choose. I did make my wellbeing and the buisness starting a biy more of a priority by recognising what extra training i needed which includes art therapy, shamanic couch, crystal healing, herbalism, yoga, taichi and so on. I signed up for a few courses on udemy that were going on a sale that covered aspects of holistic wellbeing that i wanted to look at with my buisbess oh also one on making aromatherapy candles. Im not sure that ill get much time to do any art magic this weekend but the courses having videos can watch may allow some learning in holistic wellbeing that i need not only for me but for my buisness. So thinking about it as i write this i think as i am already going to be using crystals for helping tbe situation dealing with and i do wear crystals as well i think the healthy dose of stones and crystals may be one ill try and the goals and intent one might be the other. Even if i cant do the art one now, maybe i can look at where i want to head in the rest of the year and what i need to do to achieve it and look at any meditations or items need to help create that future im trying to create might end up beinf my second one. So :crossed_fingers:on how i go. Hopefully i can pull this off and still get other things done that need as well. Good thing was i got all my washing and most of one part of work stuff needed to do. Avtually a big chunk of the work which im proud of myself for being able to pusg throufh to do, but now that means i can look at balancing out other areas of my life so my life doesnt just exist of working all tge time. Maybe i need to leaen to be more like my sun sign and have a bit more balance in life. So againā€‹:crossed_fingers:i can find some balance and do at least one of those challenges, if anything i might at least get to listen to one or more of the videos on one of these topics like crystal healing or herbalism or one of the many courses signed up for. My buisness is all about helping ppl just as much as currently needding to do in my job. But one is more in the area im passionate about and would allow a healthy life balance than what i have now but, its a matter of getting there. So heres to setting goals and achieving them and using nature aspects, practical tasks and magic to help achieve those goals. Ive got a start point on the crystals. So thats good and am idea where im wanting to be headed wjich gelps the other challenge im thinking of doung and both fit into what i need right now so. . Hopefully this will go ok trying to work on these over the weekend.

11 Likes

Iā€™ve started my little pendulum bottle.

I used a clear quartz pendulum. I donā€™t have many so i asked if it minded being put in the bottle. It said no. So I cleansed my bottle with White Sage and Palo Santo incense. I ā€œborrowedā€ a cake skewer from the kitchen drawer. Poked a hole through the cork stopper to thread the pendulum chain through. I sealed the pendulum in place with a little black wax for protection. I lined the bottom with some sea salt. Iā€™m just waiting for my little Clear Quartz, Amethyst and Labradorite crystal chips tp arrive. Hopefully theyā€™ll be here Tuesday and I can finish it off.

Not gonna lie I may just brick it if it starts moving all on itā€™s own for the first time.

10 Likes

For the :dove: Earth-Friendly Witchcraft challenge, I said a blessing over my best friendā€™s indoor garden. Sheā€™s growing tomatoes, peppers, rosemary, sage, parsley, and thyme. Once the herbs are grown, she plans to send some of them to me for my Craft.
A few days ago, one of my former coworkers, who is a devout Christian and one of the nicest people Iā€™ve ever known, came by and gave me a homemade chocolate cross (probably the best Iā€™ve eaten) with an Easter blessing. I edited some of the words to make it more pagan and that was my garden blessing.

May this garden haveā€¦
Warm sunshine during the farming season
Abundant rainfall to grow the seeds
And the great goddess to protect it from anything that would harm it

May all who partake in the harvest haveā€¦
Faithful friends who are always near them,
Laughter to cheer them,
And when their prayers are said,
may the gods hear them

10 Likes

Again?! You have all the badges?! :sweat: I need to catch up!

Ohh thatā€™s an interesting concept! Iā€™ve never heard of a pendulum jar!

I can see the Scorpion now if I turn the image around lol I didnā€™t even think to look at it from different angles :woman_facepalming:

That looks so, so good :heart: I think you did an amazing job!

Aww those are so cute! I love the little travel altars you put together :heart:

Thatā€™s exactly how I feel :laughing: and I feel like itā€™s all very, very personal when it comes to symbols so that just adds on another layer of I donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing to the process lol but thank you!

You never cease to amaze me with all the wonderful things you add to your grimoire. I donā€™t think I could ever draw my natal chart by hand, let alone understand what it all means :laughing:

Jolly this is beautiful :heart: :heart_eyes: I love the added elements and the charm you chose to speak, adapting the traditional knot magic charm to suit your intention!

Iā€™m glad you were able to find a soothing thing to do both for your nerves and your headache. As an energy drink lover (not Red Bull though, thatā€™s gross) I can say I drink them for the taste. However, I have noticed that the older I get the more they tend to negatively affect my anxiety :grimacing: itā€™s about time I stop drinking them lol

Oh wow, your rosemary took off! I absolutely love that :herb: I have a rosemary plant that I had put in my garden. It was starting to look very puny and not-that-great but come to find out rosemary doesnā€™t like a lot of water. Well, I live in Florida where it rains almost every day during the summer! It was getting way too much water. I moved it to a pot and itā€™s doing much, much better now :heart:

Amen to that! :clap: :clap: Hereā€™s to working on having balance in our lives!

Itā€™s looking good so far! Itā€™s got me thinking about making one, too, though I donā€™t have an extra pendulum lying around somewhere. Maybe if I find one that calls to me Iā€™ll do this. If not, oh well! Iā€™ll store the idea away for another time.

That is so kind of you :heart:

10 Likes

I did try to draw it by hand but I ended up printing it out cutting it out and taping it in.

10 Likes

My second challenge entry is from ā€œMoon Magicā€. How can you not do a full moon spell when itā€™s a full moon? This spell came from @SilverBearā€™s ā€œFull Moon Oilā€ from Spells8. Itā€™s still daylight here, but the full moon was official at about 2:30. I didnā€™t have any jasmine but the honeysuckles are in full bloom so I replaced the jasmine with the honeysuckles. I also put a sprig of rosemary in it. I am going to use this oil as a bath oil whenever I have low energy. When the sun sets I will set it outside to absorb the power of the full moon. I almost forgot, I also put some rainbow moonstone sand that I got from @SilverBear in the bottle to give it a little extra punch.

11 Likes