Black Moon Lilith in Your Natal Chart - Weekly Witchy Challenge

I decided to do the Black Moon Lilith aspect of the Natal Charts. I have done birth charts, my Chinese Zodiac, & Primal Zodiac in the past. So after thinking about it a little bit, I decided that I wanted to do a part of the birth chart that is kind of not really talked about.

Contrary to popular belief, the first woman in the Garden of Eden was not Eve. According to an ancient Hebrew legend, the first woman created by God was Lilith, a woman full of beauty and ability to enjoy her sexuality. She was made of the same substance as Adam, not taken from one of his ribs. All was well in Paradise, until the time for sex arrived.

Lilith didn’t want to be a slave to anyone. She wanted to be a companion with the ability to share and enjoy. She didn’t want to be subjected to Adam in sexual relations. Actually, she wanted to be dominant in that arena. Lilith defied Adam’s orders, and even God’s. That’s why she was expelled from Paradise.

And so it came to be that a woman’s sexual power was known as something dangerous, something wrong. Maybe that’s why the Church has always seen sex as sinful.

The Astrology of Black Moon Lilith

Black Moon Lilith is not a planet or body, but rather a point, and should not be confused with the asteroid, Lilith. You can look up your Black Moon Lilith sign here, and to find its positions through the years, see the Black Moon Lilith ephemeris (along with White Moon Selena, Lilith’s counterpart).

In your natal chart, where Lilith is by sign, house, and aspect is where you may have felt ashamed, shamed, ridiculed, stifled, deeply misunderstood, or repressed in some manner. For whatever reason, you are wary of expressing those traits or parts of your personality freely and unapologetically, and you can feel quite uncomfortable with people who are doing so.

There can also be a binging and purging cycle involved with the traits of Lilith’s sign or house wherein we overdo or go all out, expressing these traits in extreme, then feel bad for doing so. This leads to a purging stage in which we reject or deprive ourselves of the traits. Eventually, the need for them is strong and we go to extremes again, perpetuating this self-destructive cycle.

To work through this, we need to learn to accept these traits in ourselves and express them in ways that we’ve transformed or made to fit our lives without fear or guilt. We may have too-high expectations of ourselves in these areas, and we can convince ourselves we don’t care. It’s difficult to go there since fear and shame can be mixed in, but it’s also empowering.

Lilith in the Birth Chart

Lilith represents the creative energy that unites sex with spirituality. It is the instinct of enjoyment and the dark force that exists in every creative process.

It’s interesting that Black Moon Lilith is in each zodiac sign for about nine months, the normal length of a pregnancy.

In the birth chart, Lilith represents the point where we can become transgressors, that is, where we can “cross the line.”

But that is not necessarily a bad thing. If you make it work for you, the sign and house where Lilith is indicates how you can achieve lucidity, personal affirmation, and the ability to enjoy. However, if Lilith is poorly aspected or you have not integrated it into your personality, it can represent issues in which you can be submissive or suffer repression.

But the Black Moon cannot be approached solely with reason or logic, since it’s related to instincts and its nature is powerfully intuitive.

Its interpretation in the birth chart doesn’t seem have the same importance as the Moon, the Sun or the planets. However, it’s worth paying attention to Lilith because it reveals yet another dimension of the character.

In my Natal Chart I have Black Moon Lilith in Gemini.

Lilith in Gemini

She can feel uncomfortable if speaking too much or too little, or for her intelligence or social skills. She may be wary of people who seem to be indulgent in these ways – who are social butterflies or who talk too much or who seem to flaunt their intelligence. Her curiosity may have been stifled in some manner. Owning and accepting this side of the nature can be empowering. She can be wicked with what she says when angry! Shame in these areas can lead to extremes of behavior and a feeling of being out of control. Working on self-acceptance is the key to empowerment.

Planet Aspect Planet Orb Value
Sun Conjunction Uranus 2°49’ 374
Moon Sextile Mercury 0°33’ 302
Moon Square Lilith 4°11’ -27
Mercury Trine Mars 7°48’ 4
Mercury Square Saturn 2°39’ -47
Venus Sextile Saturn 2°39’ 109
Venus Trine Lilith 4°45’ 43
Venus Conjunction X MC 1°46’ 346
Jupiter Trine Uranus 6°30’ 19
Jupiter Opposition I ASC 2°05’ -100
Jupiter Trine X MC 7°11’ 7
Saturn Trine I ASC 4°12’ 13
Saturn Sextile X MC 0°53’ 46
Neptune Sextile Pluto 0°32’ 54
Neptune Opposition Lilith 7°21’ -7
Neptune Sextile N Node 0°04’ 20
Pluto Trine Lilith 6°49’ 1
Pluto Conjunction N Node 0°28’ 0
Lilith Trine N Node 7°17’ -1
Lilith Trine X MC 6°30’ 0

:milky_way: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Astrology: Reading the Skies

Information on Black Moon Lilith in Your Chart from:

Cafe Astrology: Black Moon Lilith & Astrolibrary: Black Moon Lilith in the Zodiac

21 Likes

That’s a great point!! I’m still reading so I might edit and add something else lol

Ok this is interesting!!! I need to look it up for my chart. I can relate to a lot of what you added!! If you’re one to understand astrology and work with it, life would make so much more sense. But for me, I’m a whirlwind :tornado: of confusion!!! :joy::sweat_smile:

Thanks for all the great information here, @Susurrus your awesome :sunglasses:

9 Likes

You’re welcome! I’m a bit of a whirlwind too so learning this is a bit harder. I figure the more I read about it & learn, the more I will retain over time.

7 Likes

This is so interesting because I didn’t have this one in my original chart. I had to use the link you included to find mine. Apparently, my Black Moon Lillith is in Capricorn.

Your test is related to your sense of responsibility and foresight. You may experience delays in finding or developing your career. If your Black Moon works well, you will have a sense of discipline and duty, so you will achieve prestige. However, you can also be too cold or demanding of others.

Black Moon Lilith symbolizes inhibition of some form without necessarily having to do with sex. In Capricorn, it leads to solitude and introversion and deepens the inner life even more.

As for sexuality, we find it diminished to the point of sublimating it or literally rejecting it. On rare occasions, the approach to the body is through auto-eroticism.

There can be forms of love with people of a very old age in which simple friendship prevails. (from Astro Library

I do not relate to this at all :laughing: That’s so interesting. I wonder if there is something else in my chart that makes this astrological component less? Or affects it differently?

8 Likes

Omg! soooo many signs lol :joy: My brain can not process them all lol. Thank you for this info though :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: every little helps me :heartpulse:

7 Likes

Lilith is typically in 4 places on your chart. Interesting that you couldn’t find it though! I couldn’t find Chiron in mine to save my life! I had to use your link but only found out what sign it was under. I did find Lilith in 6 places on my chart. I had to look at the graphics part to see the little black moon & where she was hiding. :rofl:

5 Likes

It will get easier with time! I promise!

5 Likes

Black Moon Lilith

Black Moon Lilith has two positions: Mean and True or Oscillating. To be technical, Black Moon Lilith is the apogee of the Moon (the farthest point in the Moon’s orbit), and this movement is almost ridiculously wonky.

It’s really all over the place!

The exact position is called True or Oscillating Black Moon Lilith (sometimes labeled True/Oscillating). Mean Black Moon Lilith is the averaged-out position (smoothing out the wild movement).

There is debate about which is “better” or “accurate,” but you can look up both in your own natal chart and see which seems stronger or makes the most sense for you. Personally, I find True Black Moon Lilith tends to be a bigger influence in the natal chart, while I only use Mean Black Moon Lilith in transit (predictive work).

Dark Moon Lilith

Then we have Dark Moon Lilith.

Some people call Black Moon Lilith Dark Moon Lilith, but they’re not the same point (repeat, not the same point!). Given the confusion, to make it clearer, Dark Moon Lilith is more often called its other name, which is Waldemath or Waldemath Moon.

Waldemath is basically just a shadowy dust cloud. It’s only thought to exist and hasn’t actually been discovered (well, it was thought to be discovered by scientist George Waldemath, who it’s named after, but he later took that back; others have believed that it actually is there though, so it’s totally up for debate from a scientific perspective).

Asteroid Lilith

Finally, we have asteroid Lilith. This is the only physical body for Lilith since Black Moon Lilith is just a point in the Moon’s orbit, and Waldemath Moon is just a theoretical dust shadow.

Since asteroid Lilith is the only physical body, some argue that this is the most important Lilith (but Black Moon Lilith is still the most used).

Lilith’s position in the natal chart tells where you meet your shadow self. Black Moon Lilith is a mysterious, refined, unconscious energy that can manifest in rejecting something, or alternatively, being extremely fascinated with it, I have Lilith in the VI House.

I’m with you though, there are parts of my Lilith(s) that I really don’t identify with at all. I knew she was in 4 places & wasn’t expecting to find her in 6 places of my chart.

I hope this helps @MeganB, Lilith is a busy lady in the charts :rofl:

Four Liliths

6 Likes

Café Astrology says

Lilith in Cancer has felt ashamed for being needy or dependent for whatever reason and feels awkward or even angry with people who display these traits without apology. Their nurturing nature was stifled in some way and they can feel very uncomfortable asking for help and/or expressing their own nurturing nature as a result. This discomfort can lead to extremes of behavior in this area and then misgivings afterward, and the cycle then continues. Working on self-acceptance is the key to empowerment. This can also apply to Lilith in the 4th house.

Interesting… my Sun sign is also Cancer, and that combination I think I can see in my life pretty clearly… I’m by nature very gentle and loving, but living in my childhood home I wasn’t allowed to express it freely and developed a block there, leading to isolating myself from others for protection and convincing myself that I don’t need anyone. :broken_heart:

Imagine my surprise when I learned that some people are quite lovely and I can’t get enough of their company! :flushed: :heart:

Loved this post @Susurrus! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Lilith has become a beloved goddess to me, weaving together empowerment, playfulness and shadow work in such a beautiful way. She has taught me a lot about my body and soul :black_heart:

7 Likes

Black Moon Lilith, Dark Moon Lilith, Asteroid Lilith- oh my! :laughing: There really are so many things to explore in astrology! I was super curious about Lilith in my chart after reading this piece, but I just stuck with finding my Black Moon Lilith.

From the link Siofra kindly shared, I found that it’s in Aries in my chart :aries:

Lilith in Aries has felt that asserting themselves and making executive self-centered decisions is selfish or otherwise wrong. They may have felt shame for displaying self-centered traits, for taking the lead without asking, or for making self-centered choices. They may feel wary of people expressing Aries traits, largely because they are shocked at how they can do so without apology! There can be some fear of taking the lead, asserting oneself, and making executive decisions, but a simultaneous desire to do so, which can lead to extremes of behavior in these areas. Learning to accept these traits in themselves is the key.

[From CafeAstrology]

I’ve mixed with this one- I can see some of these traits, yes, but at the same time I’m also extremely independent and have no trouble with taking the lead, following desires, and getting things done :muscle:

Perhaps this means I’m in tune with Lilith in my charts? Due to overcoming some past challenges, perhaps I’ve already followed Lilith to where I need to be. Or perhaps it’s a message of situations to come in the future! :telescope:

Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful information about Black Moon Lilith, @Susurrus! This was a really fun one to explore- it was a pleasure learning about! :clap:

6 Likes

Interesting! When I did it through the link you provided, it only gave me one. I’ll have to look into it some more!

6 Likes

Good morning! The link is for Black Moon Lilith in your chart. Have fun! I had to go run my chart again to find Chiron & Black Moon Lilith in the signs & the houses. Then my daughter & friend wanted their birth charts. I found out that my daughter & I both have a Capricorn Rising! So that was interesting over the weekend.

8 Likes

So wonderful! I wanted to mention Im a scopio sun and lived in Falmouth until May this year. Wish we had met sooner!

Also youre one of the only people to bring up the lilth aspect Im intrigued to revisit this.

6 Likes

@nana1 I have lived here since 2002 or 2001? Before that, I was born here & when I was 5ish… we moved. I came back after I had my 2nd son.

I have a Scorpio Sun, Virgo Moon, & Capricorn Rising. I found the Black Moon Lilith so intriguing when I first read about it & it was perfect for the challenge. Once I can focus again, I am going to start revisiting astrology. I have had a challenging few months recently. Just now getting back into the groove.

6 Likes

Here is mine.:You have Black Moon Lilith in Pisces.

The symbol, or glyph, for Pisces is .

Your Black Moon Lilith is at the following degree(s): 3° 09’ 59"

6 Likes

Lilith in Pisces has felt ashamed or off for being needy, compassionate, or wishy-washy, or for their spiritual side, and this person can feel uncomfortable or annoyed with people who resist labels, who are not very assertive or ready to take the lead. Rejecting or feeling ashamed of their basic needs in these areas can lead to extremes of behavior and repeated cycles of binging and purging with these traits. The key to moderation and empowerment is self-acceptance. This can also apply to Lilith in the twelfth house.

I am really feeling this… I feel so much judgement for myself being fickle.

Any guidance on self-acceptance and growing in conviction…

6 Likes

Warm greetings from yet another Scorpio Sun (who also grew up in MA- such a coincidence! :grin:) :heart:

While there are plenty of spells that help folks move along the road of self-acceptance, accepting oneself is something that tends to take a lot of dedication over a long period of time.

In addition to using daily affirmations (@Christina4 posts new beautiful ones here in the forum every day!), I’d recommend carrying a rose quartz crystal (promotes self love), and perhaps trying this See Myself Oil.

I’m a huge supporter of self love work, so I highly recommend looking into self love spells! The Self-Love & Appreciation Spell is a personal favorite of mine.

Your Lilith in Pisces has pointed a direction forward for you, Nana- I’m wishing you all the best on your path towards self-acceptance! :pisces: :pray::heart:

5 Likes

Wow, I didn’t know about the Black Moon Lilith. Surprisingly, a couple of weeks ago I heard for the first time about Lilith but didn’t research too deep about that topic. It’s so nice to know that there was an empowered woman before Eve :slight_smile:

It seems that my Black Moon Lilith is in Aquarius, and what it says about it is very interesting. I always used grupovenus.com to check my natal chart but your website seems to have much more info. Now, it’s time to read some more, lol.

Thanks again for sharing all that. Blessed be!

5 Likes

@RyuWyn another topic that may interest you in your chart is Chiron.

Where is Your Chiron? - Weekly Witchy Challenge

There is discussion & how to find it in the above link. I love updating my natal.chart with new aspects & learning about them.

5 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes