đź•“ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

:partying_face: :heart:

Thank you for the reminder, Siofra! Yes indeed, for those amazing folks who have done all the challenges (I think there’s only two of you right now!) or anyone who has a most favorite challenge, you can indeed jump back in and earn a double badge if you so choose :grinning:

Ohhhhh it’s gorgeous! :star_struck: That’s definitely a way to gather objects and use them to craft something magickal- a great entry to the challenge! Good luck and can’t wait to see how yours comes out, Jessica :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Aww Amethyst- your poor lungs! I hope they are feeling better every day :pray::heart: Sending healing energy and big e-hugs your way! :people_hugging: :sparkles:

I love your enthusiasm, Amber! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Good luck and have fun with your challenges this week! :star2:

Hahaha you made me doubt it myself for a hot second- I went back in and counted again :joy: It is crazy, but we are really at challenge number 90! :tada::laughing:

As for a party for the 100th challenge… hmmm, sounds like fun to me! :partying_face:

They flew right by, didn’t they? :laughing: We’ll be at 100 before we know it!

I love timing the Earth-Friendly Witchcraft theme with upcoming Earth Day, and bath magick is always a great choice if you ask me! :bathtub: :smile: Good luck and enjoy, Kasandra!

It sure is a lot of challenges haha! And hooray- I’m looking forward to seeing which challenge(s) you choose, Rachel- enjoy! :partying_face:

10 Likes

I think that’s team Amethyst & Siofra… :laughing: but I sent @Amethyst a PM because I have an idea for her, just not for me. Her’s is easy though if I’m right :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

10 Likes

Thanks love! I’m on albuterol and antibiotics so it’ll get better, it just hurts for now when I breathe. And I’ve gotten kinda used to breathing. I like doing it.

10 Likes

Okay, so since figuring out how many badges I’m actually missing (25 if you must know! :scream: ) I’m going to go for the two oldest ones that I am missing.

First up is Experimenter from the Try Something New challenge!

One thing I have never done before is candle wax reading. And honestly, this is pretty fitting since there’s a brand new blog post on Spells8 about pyromancy. But anyway, I decided to set up a little bowl in front of me with a candle and meditate for just a few minutes. I just asked for some general messages, insight, guidance, etc. about my money bowl since I lit the candle with my current money bowl candle. I didn’t ask anyone in particular, just my higher-self at this point.

I’m not sure if this is because I used a chime candle and just held it over the water and let it drip, but I’m not entirely sure I did this right :laughing: anyway, here are a few pictures of my experiment with wax reading plus my possible interpretation of the things I see in the water.

I let the wax settle a bit before trying to look for symbols. That’s why the last two pictures look slightlyl different. Anyway, in the wax, I see three different things. The first thing I immediately saw was the figure I circled in yellow that appears to be running toward me. The big blob of wax on the bottom looks like the sole of a shoe to me, giving the impression that something is running. Then the wax figure circled in red reminded me of the shape of a dollar sign. Circled in green is another little blob of wax that I can’t figure out. Overall, I’m taking this reading to mean I am chasing money (obviously) and that it is close enough in my reach but I may be trying too hard.

I definitely welcome any other interpretations or symbols you may see in the water!

Next up I’ll do the Dream Magick challenge to get the Oneiric Witch badge!

11 Likes

In the yellow circle I kinda see a scorpion maybe :woman_shrugging:
I really like your interpretation of it. I think you did a great job!
:rose:

10 Likes

For my catch-up challenge, I picked Magick in the Arts! I decided to try my hand at lino print. I have never done it before, this is my first attempt. Hopefully, you all can tell what things are supposed to be.

IMG_5590 IMG_5591

I tried making the print on a few different types of paper the first one ripped. Then I forgot to do my lettering backward :crazy_face:… thanks for digital editing I flipped a few to read correctly lol. Not too terrible for a first try. Now I’m going to go rest my hands. That was a lot of carving.

:star: :star: :star:

13 Likes

@JollyStar
I love it, it looks awesome!
:heart:

9 Likes

Yay!!! I love catch-up challenges!! There are so many either I wasn’t a member for or ones for ones that I didn’t have time or inspiration.

I am not sure which my projects qualify for… either Magick on the Go or All About Altars. I suppose a bit of both but I guess I have to choose one - Magick on the Go it shall be!

Seeing the post from Satu_TheGreenWitch and the amazing travel altar she brought with her on her vacation, I was inspired to create my own!

I happened to have a few Altoids tins laying around that were perfect for this challenge. I also decided that since I was making myself one, it was the perfect time to make a second to gift for a friend for her birthday.

I chose a wintergreen tin for my friend’s altar

and lined the inside with flowery printed papers.
Then for the fun part, picking and choosing the contents!

I chose nature-themed items for the most part

• Cowry seashell
  • Pink Himalayan salt
  • Frankincense
  • Moss
  • Wand stick
  • Rose quartz (the larger rock in the top picture didn’t fit so I had to switch it)
  • Jasmine flowers
  • Roses
  • Acorn
  • Feather
  • Matches
  • Candle
  • Palo santo
  • Goddess charm

Then I went to work on mine! I chose the cinnamon tin

and lined the bottom with silver paper and the top with a chart of pendulum divination.

The contents were lots of fun to chose.

• Moss
  • Quartz pendulum
  • Palo santo
  • Stick wand
  • Matches
  • Handmade (by me( bronze crow coin
  • Pentacle
  • Key
  • Silver leaf
  • Goddess charm
  • Seashell to in which burn small offerings
  • Seashell
  • Acorn
  • Feather
  • Pink Hyamuian Salt
  • Roses
  • Jasmine
  • Frankincense

Both are now sitting open to be charged and cleansed by the moon overnight.
I am so thrilled with how these came out that I have ideas for more… one dedicated to Artemis, one to The Morrigan. So much fun!

Perfect timing for this catch-up challenge! Thanks as always for encouraging my practice to grow :heart:

18 Likes

Wow @Artemisia! These are stunning!! I love them…especially the natural materials you used!! Just beautiful!!!:heart:

11 Likes

@Artemisia Your travel alters are awesome! I didn’t think you could get so much in an Altoids tin! It’s like magic :crazy_face: . I have tons of tins (like 30+) floating around. My oldest son LOVES them. Such a cool project!

11 Likes

@Amethyst I am very glad you like breathing lol- I’ve found its one of those things we don’t appreciate enough until a stuffy nose or head cold comes along and turns it into a chore :sweat: I pray the new meds help to give the bug (or whatever it is!) the boot for good- stay strong, Amethyst! :heart:

@MeganB Good for you for venturing into the world of wax readings! :partying_face: We get a lot of questions about wax readings in the forum and I’m always like uhhhh not a pro here, just gonna have to slap my tea reading knowledge onto candles and give it a shot :joy: I really like the idea of dripping the wax onto water- I think it makes it much easier to pick out shapes that way! :+1: I really enjoyed your interpretation of the wax- may the finances truly be within your reach! :moneybag: :two_hearts:

@JollyStar Oh my goodness- look at that print! :heart: Is this really your first try with this type of print-making!? It’s amazing! :heart_eyes: You’ve got natural talent, Amber- count me impressed! May I ask what you’ll do with your masterpiece? I think it would make a great page (or even cover!) for a sacred book :open_book: :blush:

@Artemisia What a clever way to take your magick on the go, Kat- and that is super sweet of you to make a second one for your friend for her birthday! That is a perfect bday present if you ask me :gift_heart: :blush: I am both amazed and impressed by just how many things you were able to pack neatly inside the tin- great work! :clap:

10 Likes

For Celestial Exploration I decide to add my natal chart to my grimoure and look into what the more vague items that were included.

• Midheaven is the highest point of the horizon that any planet can reach.
  • Ascendant is the far left point of the horizon.
  • Part of fontune is the location of the moon and the sun rises.
  • True north node or Northern node is where the moon’s orbit around the earth intercepts the Earth’s orbit around the sun.
  • Lilith is the moon’s apogee.
  • Juno, Ceres, vesta, Pallas, and Chiron are dwarf planets.
12 Likes

Wow, Honey, Just Wow
Garnet

10 Likes

That looks amazing! I know nothing of birth charts. It’s kinda like looking at my son’s calculus book. It’s on my list of stuff to learn about. That is really awesome!

11 Likes

I thought I’d tackle a second entry to the catch-up challenge. I’ve been looking at knot magic for a while, it’s quite appealing to me. I do tons of work with thread, yarn, and rope. I crochet, knit, macrame, and tat. That is just what I can remember right now lol. So I am doing the Of Spells and Strings challenge.

I did a stylized witches ladder. I changed the words and it is intended as a love strengthening spell. I lit a pink candle and lit some cinnamon incense while making the ladder and saying the words.

By knot of one, spell is begun,
By knot of two, for me and you,
By knot of three, we can agree,
By knot of four, this love we swore,
By knot of five, together we thrive,
By knot of six, problems we fix,
By knot of seven, together is heaven,
By knot of eight, for each other, we wait,
By knot of nine, our love combined.

I added a heart charm for love,
turquoise for communication,
lapis lazuli for attracting kindness and love to help relationships,
obsidian to protect from negative energies,
amber for lasting love,
tiger’s eye to promote trust.
I choose the colors to represent us by our hair colors, black for me and reddish-brown for him.

I got all the stone information from the A Guide to Crystals app on my iPhone.

IMG_5597

:star: :star: :star:

14 Likes

@BryWisteria I was thinking of using them on my divider page for herb and plant info. I did try to make the herbs all realistic to show the ones that I have used. I do like your idea of putting it on a cover too. I need to get some better ink/paint for the print maybe it will come out clearer.

9 Likes

@JollyStar - as a fellow “I’m going to try this & see how I do” crafter, you did an amazing job on those prints. I love them! I may have to look into that.

Your knot magic is beautiful too with crystals at the end. Also something I’m not very good at, but my hands don’t always cooperate what it is that I want them to do. :rofl:

@Torista I love birth charts! Actually to help break it down there are topics regarding specific points in your chart & a website with FREE basic astrology lessons:

Black Moon Lilith in Your Natal Chart - Weekly Witchy Challenge

Where is Your Chiron? - Weekly Witchy Challenge

Retrograde Planets in your Birth Chart :dizzy:

FREE Astrology Basics Lessons

@Artemisia I have wanted to make a travel altar & I have a son that is into gums & Altoids & the like… I love the idea of having 1 for the Morrigan & 1 for Brighid too. :triquetra: or one that is just Celtic based & I can go where I want with what is inside.

You did a great job & I love the process & choices that you made! :heart: Great job!

11 Likes

@JollyStar
I was my sons reference from K-5. After that, math was like speaking in tongues. My husband, the professor, then took over.
Garnet
PS: My son wanted him fired!

11 Likes

Once they started their new way of teaching math & the new names for things they were learning & how… I had to step down as a homework helper because it was like relearning something the hard way. :joy:

10 Likes

Oooh! Thank you so much!

10 Likes