🎨 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Magick in the Arts

@Saulamay click on the little 3 dots in bottom right hand corner, it should bring up a little trash can to delete the post. & that game with the word is an awesome way to do it too! Very creative!

@Francisco that’s a good rendition too! You did great!

6 Likes

@Francisco well done!

@Rowan yes feel free to use it

8 Likes

I totally agree @janelle- arts and crafts are a great way to find your zen and get into Flow :relieved: :sparkles: You always have such beautiful projects- I can’t wait! :star_struck:

Good luck, @Christina4- let your creative spirit shine! :sparkles:

You are a very talented and crafty witch @Susurrus- I’m looking forward to seeing your new projects! And thank you for helping with the questions- you’re awesome! :sparkling_heart:

Choices, choices @Amethyst! :joy: I know whatever you choose will turn out wonderfully- have fun! :heart:

That is absolutely perfect @Rowan- and how exciting! Good luck with the scrying mirrors and sigils :grin:

Hooray @Kasandra! I’m so excited to see what you will draw- enjoy! :writing_hand:

@Saulamay I am in awe- that is amazing! :clap::heart_eyes: It is such a fun idea to take the first letter to drive the poem, and you even wrote one for Spells8! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you for sharing your poetry- it brought a smile to my face :heart_decoration:

Your miniature altars sound adorable @AliceInWonderdab- please feel free to post a picture if you can! I would love to see them :two_hearts:

Nice job @Francisco- you have quite the talent for poetry too! :raised_hands:

10 Likes

Thank you! I don’t know how talented or crafty I am but I have fun making things. I made a phases of the moon dish last night & I’m waiting for it to set so I can take it out of the mold. I will take some pictures of them in the molds then the final products when they come out & post them. I’m learning to use more than one color. Then I will learn putting flowers and baubles in them. I even bought some metal charms that are fillable. One set is butterflies, I love them, & the other set is a planet, star, & moon.

9 Likes

That’s wonderful @Saulamay! A very cool poem! I’m envious!

And @Francisco you did well too! LOL. Very cute!

8 Likes

I made these for gifts. I have a few witchy friends getting dishes with covers, tealight holders, a plate that has the phases of the moon raised. Maybe good for holding multiple tealights or some other use. I have found a wonderful, easy resin to use that is safe for indirect/direct food contact! Costs a bit more, but you never know what they may have on or in them. I really enjoy this craft because I can make so many different things, I can even make my own molds! So far I’ve gotten the hang of 2 or more colors & adding glitters & pigments. It’s easy on my hands & calms my anxiety. Oh! I can also make necklaces or keychains from the moon phases if I don’t fill in the dish part!

17 Likes

Awesome looking work @Susurrus! I’m glad you’ve found a craft that you like and is easy on your hand!

7 Likes

See, GO YOU! I knew they’d turn out FAB-U-LOUSSSSS!

6 Likes

@Susurrus Great idea for gifts!! I love the colors! And for some reason they make me hungry!! :rofl:

6 Likes

@Susurrus those are beautiful, you did a great job on them.

5 Likes

Oh, dear. I almost chickened out from posting this drawing.:sweat_smile:
This is a little embarrassing for me to say, but when I was reading about the Triple Moon Goddess in Scott Cunningham’s Wicca: A Guide For The Solitary Practitioner, Princess Serenity from Sailor Moon came to my mind. In fact, she still comes to mind whenever I think about the Triple Moon Goddess.
So… this is who I decided to draw!

At university, I had to drop an art class because my professor was a tough grader… and a harsh critic. So much so, I stopped drawing for a while. Then one day, I took out some paper and pencil and started drawing again.
I don’t care anymore if “the proportions are uneven”, if I “pressed too hard with my pencil” or have “erased too many times.” I’m not drawing to have my art hung in the Louvre; I’m drawing for relaxation.

13 Likes

It’s gorgeous! I could never do what you do, I know, I’ve tried. It looks amazing. Great job!

Thank you @Francisco @Rowan @Saulamay @Amethyst

I appreciate the support & kind words. I got a couple of dishes in today that I am going to try. They have a pentacle in the center too. Then I have the tree of life, zodiac wheel, & the Goddess coming in for molds. Also 2 molds to make small jars. I cant wait to try them & the metal charms I have.

8 Likes

@Susurrus , these are so Kool! Awesome!

5 Likes

Those are stunning @Susurrus! :heart_eyes: The molds are PERFECT for witchy gifts and decorations, and I just love the colors you choose! It really sounds like you are having a blast making these- it is so fun to see your beautiful creations! Enjoy, Krissie :sparkling_heart:

Wow, @Kasandra! :star_struck: Your drawing is simply gorgeous- you brought Princess Serenity to life :sparkles: I’m so sorry your art professor was so harsh- it really takes the fun out of a subject that doesn’t actually have right or wrong answers. I’m glad you have found a way to enjoy art and develop your natural talents on your own- good for you! :raised_hands: :heart: Thank you for sharing your beautiful picture :two_hearts:

9 Likes

If it makes you feel better my email address the name I use online a lot is Amejisuto, which is Japanese for Amethyst. I was in an anime mood at the time.

Beautiful picture of Usagi! I’m glad you got back to drawing because that’s good! Who cares what some critics might say, you’re doing it for fun! Good job!

7 Likes

Thanks! :sparkles:
Yeah, I always seemed to choose the classes with the hardest (and harshest) professors. But luckily, I dropped that quickly. History of art was easier and more interesting. :laughing:

7 Likes

アメジスト(Amejisuto)? I once knew Japanese at an intermediate level (somewhere between 3 or 2 on the JLTP - Japanese Language Proficiency Test) and I never knew that was the word for Amethyst. :laughing:

I don’t consider myself an otaku anymore, but I still love to watch anime! I love it for the various art styles and the storylines (which I find more interesting than American shows).

7 Likes

Ahhh i’m so excited for this challenge!!! :art: :camera:

Most of you know that i’m an Art Witch :wink: Im finishing up my last semester in school right now as an Art Major in college. Im not on here that often but I try my best and plan on being more active once i’m done with school! Please check out my website where you can see some of my work, social media, and purchase my art!
https://www.marissaalexisphoto.com

Here is a watercolor painting I did of a crescent moon :art: :crescent_moon: :art:

Id also like to attach some art witch inspiration for everyone! :art: :art: :art: :art:

Art Magick
Art Magick is pretty self explanatory - if you are the artsy type, than this may call to you. Using any type of creativity to manifest your desires is what this type of magick calls for. It can be used with most other types of magick as well. This type of magick works by using intention while being creative in some way. You could be painting or sculpting, but also you could be decorating a room, scrap-booking, making a vision board, or anything that requires creativity.

11 Likes

Yay! My day off tomorrow lines up with this challenge that’s right up my alley! I already had plans to create & also to practice my craft, looks like it’s 2 birds, 1 stone!

:grin::grin::grin:

7 Likes

That is a gorgeous watercolor painting @Missa !!

7 Likes