šŸŒ• Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Moon Magick!

Merry Meet to All! :sparkling_heart:

Once again, a warm thank you to all those who joined in on last weekā€™s challenge: Divine Magick!

From a very special request, the theme for this weekā€™s challenge will beā€¦

:crescent_moon::full_moon: Moon Magick!:first_quarter_moon::new_moon:

Moon Magick is often one of the first areas of magick encountered by those new to their magickal calling. There is something so enchanting and powerful about the moon and itā€™s many faces- and depending on the phase of the moon, there are many possibilities for different types of spells and rituals! :sparkles:

Many benefits and enhanced abilities await you if you choose to strengthen your moon magick! :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

Are you ready!? Itā€™s CHALLENGE TIME!!! :trophy:

STEP 1: Practicing Moon Magick :first_quarter_moon:

Moon magick is as diverse as the phases of the moon. Each phase of the moon has different traits that you can draw upon and invoke. A complete guide to each of the magickal properties of the moon phases can be found in Spells8 Moon Magick: Spells for Every Lunar Phase.

Moon-Magic-Phases-Spells-Rituals

For horoscope enthusiasts, there is also a special type of moon magick involving Zodiac Meditations, that you may be interested in trying.

Magic-in-the-Moon-Video-Training

This week, on the night of Tuesday, September 1st we will be blessed with a Full Moon! :full_moon: This moon is called the Full Corn Moon :corn: and will reach its height at 1:23 AM EST on Wednesday morning. A note that this is not the ā€œHarvest Moonā€ (the moon closest to the Autumn Equinox/Mabon) as this moon will happen in October this year.

You can read more about this full moon, including history and other names for it in the Old Farmerā€™s Almanac.

Full-Corn-Moon-Witchcraft-Ritual

Many witches consider the full moon to the most powerful time to draw on moon energies. The Spells8 Moon Spells Guide says the following about the full moon:

Full-Moon-Ritual-Spells

The full moon favors communication and social interaction. This phase is very favorable to deal with romantic issues, as it can be a true aphrodisiac. If you have been working on a love spell, this is when you will see the best results. Act on your desires and take chances!

As this moon enhances communication with the spiritual world, any kind of ritual that is performed under the Full Moon will experience a boost of Power. Divination rituals are especially strengthened by this moon, like any personal spellwork that could use a major boost, including rituals for abundance, protection, love or wisdom. Your chances of success are greater than during any other lunar phase. Use the power of the full moon to cast any type of spell with confidence .

[From Spells8: Moon Phase Spells: Full Moon]

Not sure where to begin? To help get you started with your moon magick, here are just a few ways you could indulge in the many benefits of the moon for this challenge:

For even more spells specific for drawing on the energies of the full moon, you can visit Spells8 Full Moon Magic Spells Page.

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft-750x500

These are just a few possible ways to practice moon magick- feel free to find or create your own- creativity is very welcome! :hugs:

STEP 2: Share Your Experience! :writing_hand:

To participate in this challenge, you must share your experience!

Feel free to share a moon spell or ritual, talk about a personal experience with the moon or moon deity, learning more about moon phases, etc.- so long as it relates to moon magick, your wisdom and experiences are very welcome in this challenge! :+1:

Please feel free to create a new post in the forums (and donā€™t forget to mention the challenge!) or write about your experience below! :memo:

:gift_heart:
For all those who pursue the magick of the moon, there is a special shout-out and small prize waiting for you!
:gift_heart:

:exclamation: This challenge will be open for: 7 DAYS! :exclamation:

To join in, please post about your moon magick by 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time) on Friday, September 4th!

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

A warm reminder that this challenge is very open- all are encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique practice. There are no right or wrong answers so long as you practice respectfully, and there is no way to ā€˜loseā€™ the challenge if you participate ! :hugs:

This challengeā€™s goal is to help you help yourself! By learning about this mysterious and powerful aspect of magick, the hope is to both help you further diversify and strengthen your practice, and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another :two_hearts:

May the light of the moon guide you onwards and upwards, and may her gentle rays illuminate many blessings to come!

Blessed Be to All! :sparkling_heart:

15 Likes

iā€™ve always felt such a strong pull towards the moon and i check the lunar spell section on this site everyday and will work with the suggested chants and meditations. So im very excited to partake in this challenge. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yay! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:Thank you @BryWisteria! :sparkling_heart::full_moon:

4 Likes

Whee! This one is going to be fun! :full_moon:

4 Likes

My number! 1:23!

Insert mischievous laugh :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

WOOHOO! I Love the Moon! Canā€™t Wait!

6 Likes

What a lovely challenge, canā€™t wait for the Full Moon :blush: :full_moon: :last_quarter_moon_with_face:

5 Likes

This is going to be awesome. Ive never done any moon rituals beforeā€¦

4 Likes

Hehehe you see, @BryWisteria you brought out the witch in us with the moon challenge!!! We all love the abundant moon! :waning_crescent_moon::stars::sparkles::dizzy: Canā€™t wait!

3 Likes

Like Brianna said, this coming Full Moon is known as the Corn Moon or Grain Moon because itā€™s usually the time when grains are harvested (in the Northern Hemisphere).

Hereā€™s a ritual and printables for some Full Corn Moon Magic!

Full-Corn-Moon-Witchcraft-Spell

10 Likes

Yas!! Canā€™t wait! Moon rituals have been my favorite! Been doing them since getting into Wiccaā€¦

5 Likes

Questionā€¦My moon app says that moon will be full at 100% on Wednesday. So it is on Tues than?

Thank you

6 Likes

thankyou iā€™ll add that to my BOSL

5 Likes

it starts on Tuesday but the moon will be at its highest point on Wednesday

6 Likes

Thank you for the info!

6 Likes

@BryWisteria I have some info on this particular full moon which I will share Monday :blush: thanks again :heart::heart::heart:

7 Likes

It depends on your location because the peak (100% illumination) this month happens around midnight between September 1st and 2nd. (Tue-Wed)

But a 98% or 99% looks about the same from Earth so (in my opinion) the days before and after are also good for working with the Full Moon. :full_moon: :+1:

It really depends on how critical you are about it being 100% full. The Moon is constantly changing so one could argue itā€™s only 100% full for about a minute, then itā€™s back to 99.99%ā€¦

9 Likes

I always thought there was three days to the full moon, the day before, the day of, and the day after. I donā€™t know if I got that from a witch book or a werewolf fic though. LOL.

7 Likes

hahah well thatā€™s good enough!

Thatā€™s also how I learned it but then I realized that the moon phases are just labels.

The lunar cycle is one continuous motion and you can divide it into 8 phases, or 4 phases, or just 2 phasesā€¦ even into 708 phases! (one per hour).

I think the best way is to go outside, look at it and see what it feels like! :waxing_gibbous_moon: :full_moon: :waning_gibbous_moon:

7 Likes

Thank you! For Tues, for me says 95% and Wednesday at 100%

5 Likes