šŸ—“ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Catch Up!

Warm greetings to all! :heart:

Another round of applause for all those who joined in on last weekā€™s Weekly Witchy Challenge- the Spell-ing Bee :honeybee:

Crafting spells is a lot of work and many of you put your creativity to the test to write your very first spell- well done! This week will be a bit of a breather after last weekā€™s challenge.

The theme for this weekā€™s challenge is something a little differentā€¦

:spiral_calendar: :raised_hand: Challenge Catch-Up! :raised_back_of_hand: :bookmark:

To celebrate the Fifteenth Weekly Challenge, something special is happeningā€¦

Was there a busy week where you missed a challenge? Did an interesting theme happen before you joined the forums? Maybe there was a topic you were hesitant to try but now feel ready for.

Well- now is your chance!

This week is Catch-Up Week where all previously closed challenges will be re-opened for a short time!

Are you ready? Itā€™s catch-up time!

Hereā€™s how to participate:

STEP 1: Choose a Previous Challenge :mag_right:

From earth-friendly magick, dreaming, gathering blessings, and more- there are 14 previous challenges to choose from.

For details about each challenge including rules, guidelines and inspiration click the link and visit that challenge page.

The previous challenges and the titles they granted are listed below:

1. :star2: Trying Something New - Experimenter
  2. :compass: Celestial Exploration - Cosmic Witch
  3. :money_with_wings: The Thrifty Witch - Thrifty Witch
  4. :dove: Earth-Friendly Witchcraft - Earth Witch
  5. :sleeping: Dream Magick - Oneiric Witch
  6. :cupcake: Kitchen Witchery - Kitchen Witch
  7. :pray: Dealing in the Divine - Deific Witch
  8. :full_moon: Moon Magick - Moon Witch
  9. :ear_of_rice: Inviting Abundance - Blessed by Abundance
  10. :sparkling_heart: Giving Gratitude - Blessed and Grateful
  11. :open_book: Books, Tomes, and Tales - Book Lover
  12. :alembic: Potion Making - Potion Master
  13. :crystal_ball: Foretelling the Future - Seer Apprentice
  14. :honeybee: The Spell-ing Bee - Spell Master

If you are feeling particularly adventurous this week, you may decide to do up to TWO challenges to collect those titles. This limit is just to save your challenge moderator from a potential ocean of badge-giving (:bowing_woman:) - but no worries! There may very well be more opportunities to do old challenges again in the future :wink:

Not sure which challenges you participated in?

No worries! If you canā€™t remember if you joined a challenge, you can check that challengeā€™s Props and Presents page in the Activities Category.

Or, you can go to your Badges page to see a collection of all the titles you previously earned.

Here is how to check:

1. Click on your avatar/picture icon at the top right-hand side of any page in the forum.

2. Click on the person icon and select ā€œSummaryā€.

3. Next, click on ā€œBadgesā€

Here you can see all the badges you have earned during your time exploring the forums!

STEP 2: Share Your Entry to the Challenge :writing_hand:

To participate in this challenge, you must share your entry!

After you have chosen an old challenge, completed your task, and are ready to share- please post your entry in one of two ways:

• :green_circle: Here in the comments below

• :green_circle: In a new thread in the forums. Please use a hyperlink back to this thread, linking your entry to the challenge!

• :no_entry_sign: Please do not post your entry in the comments of the old challenge as it may get lost.

Also: please donā€™t forget to include the name of the challenge you are entering in somewhere in your post as well!

Your friendly challenge-monitoring mod thanks you very much! :hugs:

:gift:

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and the small prize of a badge associated with the challenge they completed.

:gift:

:exclamation: This challenge will be open for SIX DAYS! :exclamation:

To join in, please post your spells by 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time) on Tuesday, October 27th!

A Props and Presents Post will appear in the forums on Tuesday after the deadline. After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you are wondering if something is acceptable to post, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to a moderator.

The hope with challenges is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in fun ways :handshake:

The lessons of the past are invaluable treasures for the you of the present- here is a second chance and window of opportunity that will soon close!

Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Ooh YAS! Couple of badges there Iā€™ve been a little jealous of :smirk:

4 Likes

Oh, fun! This should be exciting because I was gone for a bit and now I have a chance to collect those badges!

5 Likes

I am going to do the one for divination first and if I can find the time I will do another one too. I had to check my preferences to see which ones I have, because I know I missed some in the beginning, and then I have missed one since my hiatus. I tried to keep up though. So today I will do some divination work & share my experience with the link to the challenge. Thank you for this one! I like being able to pick up a couple more titles even though my favorite one is the Empathetic. Yesterday being an Empath was hard because it was a weird day with high emotions on each end of the spectrum. I went to bed early because of it. I feel better this morning & just got back from my Covid testā€¦ so Iā€™m just waiting for the phone call about my arrival time for tomorrow.

5 Likes

What a good idea! Youā€™re a star @BryWisteria! :star2:

5 Likes

Ooohhh I think Iā€™ve literally done every challenge except two! Time to rectify that! :rofl::rofl::+1:t2:

4 Likes

So Iā€™m currently eyeing up the ā€˜Moon Witchā€™ badge :first_quarter_moon_with_face::full_moon::last_quarter_moon_with_face: :joy:
Hereā€™s my little moon love chant Iā€™ll occasionally say while looking at the moon and drinking a cup of tea. Just going to add that during a waning moon Iā€™ll have some waxing or full moon water in my tea as standard when saying chants like this.

From my little book of chants and scribbles :crescent_moon:

Oh Iā€™ll also share this super useful tool - as the moon often likes to hide behind clouds/buildings I like to know Iā€™m at least facing the right direction when addressing her :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Lovely chant @Limeberry! Very nice!

4 Likes

Oooh nice! Iā€™m gonna have to go back through & see which ones Iā€™ve got. I know I definitely missed a few, so Iā€™m excited to pick one! I work the next 5 days, but Iā€™ll fit some forum time in. I miss you guys!

5 Likes

I decided to learn more about my natal chart. And strive for the Cosmic Witch Badge. Astrology has always interested me since I could read my horoscopes in the newspaper as a kid. I think itā€™s cool to explore and learn about the sky the day you were born, and Im curious to find out my major life lessons according to the chart, as well as my personality traits.
It appears Im pretty squareā€¦ :laughing:

3 Likes

Hooray @MeganB and @Abs53- Iā€™m so glad youā€™re excited :blush: Have fun collecting any missing badges!

Youā€™ve done a great job with the challenges, @Susurrus- I know youā€™ve had a lot going on lately! Best of luck with your divination- have fun with it! :two_hearts:

Thanks @Amethyst- youā€™re a star too! :grin::star2:

Nicely done, @Limeberry! And such a gorgeous chant- I love it (and your details you drew around it! :star::crescent_moon:) Bravo, Moon Witch :raised_hands::full_moon:

Miss you too, @haley! Hope everything is going well for you and youā€™re still finding time to make your beautiful art pieces :art::two_hearts:

Wonderful, @Rowan! Natal charts are so interesting- I want to give a deeper look into mine as well. Aside from my sun and moon sign, I always forget the rest :sweat_smile: A great way to explore yourself within the cosmos, Cosmic Witch! :milky_way:

I went back through the challenges and it looks like even I missed one- I didnā€™t actually submit anything personal for the Dream Magick challenge! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Iā€™m reading The Philosophy of Dreams for the Book Club, so hopefully I can find some insights and inspiration there :sleeping: :+1:

5 Likes

I decided to do a 3 card reading since I am up way too early for my surgery and work on on the :crystal_ball: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Fortelling the Future

I linked the 2 challenges and posted my reply to that challenge after doing the worksheet & reading each card. Iā€™m still learning the cards but I feel like I am connecting better with my decks. I used to just feel paper, now I feel like they are more a part of me, if that makes any sense.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s so neat! I use a similar app that you can move your phone around and see which stars, planets, constellations are in view. I love it!

4 Likes

I have all my badges but I wanted to share my new pendulum,(which would be the divination category.) I thought it was so interesting and fun!

You ask a question, pull the ball back a bit, let it go and your answer will be revealed.

3 Likes

Oh heh :face_with_hand_over_mouth: sorry for the messy set up! Iā€™m in middle of doing school work and just thought Iā€™d share a pic.

4 Likes

Mess?! Crystals galore! Love it. This pendulum looks awesome :heart:

4 Likes

Thanks! Lol :laughing: I did clean up but those crystals are set up there bc my kids touch them. And they get there paws on everything. They know that they canā€™t touch my good ones.

4 Likes

I am working on catching up for this challenge for this weekā€™s catch up challenge

:spiral_calendar: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Catch Up!

I woke up way too early for my surgery today and since I have so much going on & some new found time, I decided to try a 3 card reading for my divorce. The question I asked was if I was going to make it through the divorce okayā€¦ I pulled the 10 of Pentacles, The Chariot, and a Reversed 7 of Pentacles from the Light Seerā€™s deck that I have.

I understood it to meant that I have everything I need, and will be able to make it through the divorce and the next couple of weeks with perseverance and to just make sure I pay attention to follow through and hanging in there, but that everything will be fine & I will be better for it.

10 of Pentacles: spiritual and material abundance, community, generosity, building a legacy.

The Chariot: Victory, speed and action, determination, harnessing and uniting opposing energies, success, confidence, will power, control

7 of Pentacles REVERSED: Giving up too early, impatience, losing faith, not following through, frustration with rewards

I feel like I am going to do it while going through a rough patch during everything going on, I think I already went through losing faith and have since found my way here, but I will just have to remember to hold onto my faith while I travel through each obstacle I have coming up in the next few weeks.

5 Likes

I hope you donā€™t mind, but Iā€™ve moved your lovely entry for the Foretelling the Future Challenge back into this thread- this is just because entries can get lost in older threads. Posts here or in a new topic are easy to find when I compile entries for the Props and Presents Post, so you can be sure to get the recognition and prize you deserve! :grin:

And what a lovely entry it is, @Susurrus! You drew some cards pointing in a good direction, and Iove your interpretation. Waiting is the hard part (especially while you are focusing on healing too) but it looks like there is a bright future waiting ahead :sun_with_face:

It is inspiring to hear that you are connecting more with the cards. This was a lovely reading and thank you again for sharing, Seer Apprentice Krissie :crystal_ball::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Gorgeous, Christina! :heart_eyes: And I agree with @Limeberry- this is no mess at all, more like a treasure trove! You have so many gorgeous crystals :gem::sparkles:

Thatā€™s so nice that you let your kids play with some of your crystals- I had a rock collection as a child, and I think that was what started my love for crystals today! They will likely remember their favorites for a very long time :blush:

And technically, badges can be earned multiple times- so I can grant you a double Divination badge and recognition for your new divining endeavors! :grin::+1:

4 Likes