⏲ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

My personal entry to the Wizardry of Words Challenge:

I’ve been watching videos lately in preparation for the upcoming Sabbat Litha and dipped a bit into Slavic pagan traditions. Here in Poland, Litha/Midsummer/Summer Soltice is called Kupały Noc (“Kupala Night”).

There are many legends and folklore around Midsummer Night in Poland, including one about finding a magick wish-granting fern :herb: There’s a lot, so I’ll save it for a full information post closer to Litha! :grin:

This weekend, I took inspiration from learning about Kupala Night and mixed it with a tune in my head to build words to a song :musical_note:

Kupala Night
by Bryanna

O’er the rolling fields and hills,
bonfires come alight.
Sun a-setting, flowers a-bloom,
it’s time for Kupala Night.

Into the forests we’ll dance and cheer
with crowns of green and ribbons bright,
to find the fern and grant our wish-
alive with the magic tonight!

A Midsummer’s dream, or so it would seem-
A dance for Kupala Night.
A dance for Kupala Night.
A dance for Kupala Night!

I’ve got the tune and everything- but alas! I haven’t had a piano in about 8 years :musical_keyboard: :sweat_smile: I’m hoping that someday I’ll be able to play it out and make a little recording. When that day comes, I’ll share it here for anyone interested! :headphones: :blush:

15 Likes

It’s friendly reminder time!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and haven’t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: June 1st, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Blessed be! :timer_clock: :heart:

7 Likes

I’m please do share it here!!! That would be awesome!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

This morning I’ve completed the second part of my catch up challenge for :skull: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- The Veil Between Worlds and I’ve posted a separate thread:

Quite an intense experience…

11 Likes

Oh I’ve come back just in time for a catch-up challenge? Hopefully I can get something written up by tomorrow :sweat_smile: If not, then oh well! I’ll just wait until next time. I loved reading through everyone’s entries :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

I am going to do a waning gibbous banishing spell to remove all negativity :waning_gibbous_moon:
to complete my witchy challenge :full_moon: Moon Magick

This is my first time casting a spell :crystal_ball: I am so excited :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

This was a very beautiful set up for your altar @Sarafeena_Sage :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: really creative you did a great job.

7 Likes

You are a very creative witch I see @sarah29 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: one that is full of taste. I am really loving the healing balms that you made from those lovely plant babies of your.

That bath looks so magickal :dizzy:It is very relaxing for me as well when I did this bath so i can definitely relate to how you felt :hugs: all of your challenges ar so encouraging and it was happy to know that you enjoyed these challenges.

It definitely is!! :dizzy:

10 Likes

There were a few challenges that I didn’t get the chance to part take in but wanted to. One of which was the potion making challenge :yum: a link to this challenge is below…

I wanted to do a potion cocktail since the climate here is really ridiculous :flushed:. I have however decided to make a moisturizing hair spray made mostly from water base instead. Here are the ingredients I will be using in the picture provided.

I usually spray or moisturize my hair with moon :crescent_moon: water :droplet: each morning before added additional hair creams and since I used the last of what I had remaining, I have decided to refill my little spray bottle but add a twist of something to it :grin:

Potion Ingredient

Moon Water (90%)
3 rose buds
3 jasmine
3 drops orange essential oil
1 drop of honey

After adding all ingredients you shake well and leave to sit for three days at least be fore use. Will be using this hair spray along with my hair Chant :hugs:

Blessed Be💫

12 Likes

What lovely pictures! Your kids are especially cute! Good work on the challenges.

That was beautiful! I hope you’re able to put it to music someday. Good job!

Good luck then! Once you’ve done it, you won’t want to stop! LOL!

That sounds like it would smell so lovely! I hope it works well for you!

10 Likes

Your hair potion sounds so nourishing and lovely! May I ask what your hair chant is? I want to try this!

9 Likes

Sure I will be glad to share :hugs: have one of my own but use this one that I found on Pinterest so much more often. It goes like this…

Stretch it,
Twist it
Watch it grow
Like a river let it flow,
Three (3×) fast shall my hair grow
This is my will, so shall it be

11 Likes

I love this. Thank you for sharing!!! Pic of your hair, please! :rofl::star_struck::heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Ok so I have decided to do a second catch up challenge. I have decided to do an abundance spell for the this week since I am interested in letting abundance in using a money chant. It’s a few days pass the full moon so I think I should still be good to absorb some of it’s full energy.

For this challenge I did a simple money chant spell for abundance for my online business. In my country we accept a few different currency here so I have used a combination of the currency. Below is a pic for this challenge.

54fa57ecb558342a54ecf2a6d01623ca
Source: Pinterest

I do know that using a green candle would be the best option but I have decided to go for a white candle due to my intentions at this moment.

Items used
White Candle
Mixed currencies
Rosemary
Bay Leaf
Amazonite
Lavender Incense

After saying my chant I allowed the candle and incense to completely burn out.

challenge

I will discard of any remainings to the earth. Keeping a positive mind towards my intentions will make good things manifest.

Blessed Be💫

11 Likes

Ohhh :rofl::rofl: I cut it all off, a year ago it was too much :sweat::sweat: for me to manage. I cut around 14" of hair off.It is short now about 2-3 inches long. My mother is so still upset with me for doing that :joy:. I guess she will get over it. So sorry.

6 Likes

Girl, that’s freeing! No apology needed! I’m sure it’s still luscious, even short. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

It is and curly too :hugs:

7 Likes

Yes yes and yes on the sharing your music with us :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: these are beautiful song lyrics :heartpulse:

6 Likes

You have beautiful children :heartpulse: they look so happy helping you plant your little garden :heartpulse: Mine are 10 and 14 now so I have to bribe them into helping me :rofl:

well done on the challenges :heartpulse: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

@NickWick Thank you very much :candle:

@BryWisteria Thank you for all the compliments :rose:

@Amethyst Thank you Amethyst :slightly_smiling_face: :rose:

@Susurrus Thank you for the compliments. I was using a lovely set of wooden boxes with lotus flowers painted on them but they were just too small. I wasn’t using my vanity so now it has a purpose and it works great! :blossom: :butterfly:

8 Likes