šŸŒ• Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Moon Magick!

Francisco,
Iā€™m planning to do moon-magick this upcoming full moonā€¦I want to cast a circle and call the elements. Iā€™ve been doing it outside on my small patio because my apt was too cluttered with stuff Iā€™m trying to get rid off. However, Iā€™m planning on it being finished by this coming fullšŸŒ•.

I live in a small studio and I have a small :dog2:. Iā€™m sure sheā€™d be curious as to why Iā€™m on the floor?! LoLā€¦Iā€™ve read not to break a circle. ( Not on my account) But wondering if having my dog go walk around me or away from me. Coming in and out of the circle create issues or mess up the magick and energy flow? However, I canā€™t guarantee sheā€™d stay still. Most likely sheā€™ll just be on the couch thinking Iā€™m crazy! LoL.
Someone mentioned, that with animals itā€™s no big deal if they come and go out of the circle?! Is that true?
I rather do the circle inside the apartment because my patio faces the street and I just feel uncomfortable with people walking by the whole time. Just messes with my energy and I feel rushed. And I want to take my time. Plus I should have my mini altar set up for it.
Thank you! All advice appreciated!.
Blessed be.

7 Likes

Yes, itā€™s usually said that pets and children can go in and out of circles without disturbing them.

And cats tend to walk between the worlds so itā€™s the same! :cat2: ā€¦ unless they knock over your candles.

The only issue would be if youā€™re burning any incenses or spraying anything thatā€™s not good for their health. Or if they really are disrupting your practice and making you lose your focus, then Iā€™d say put them in another room.

I think youā€™ll be fine! Also, Iā€™ve been working on a guided video ritual for what you describe. Iā€™m uploading it to Youtube so Iā€™ll let you know when itā€™s ready!

7 Likes

Fransisco, thank you for the advice!

6 Likes

Hooray! Iā€™m glad so many moon-lovers are excited about this challenge :full_moon::sparkles: I canā€™t wait to see what everyone decides to do to celebrate the moon this week! :raised_hands:

Thank you @Francisco for sharing those great resources- lots more information and spellwork ideas for the upcoming Corn Moon! :full_moon::corn: Iā€™ll look forward to seeing your moon info too, @Abs53! :two_hearts:

For @walter, while you are drawing the circle, focus on the intent that the circle is for you and your energies. Saying out loud or holding the knowledge inside you that your furry apprentice will be allowed to come and go from the circle without disturbing its purpose will indeed allow that to happen! :dog: You and your mind control the energy and the flow of the ritual or spell- furry friends can come and go as they please :grin:

Good luck and wishing successful moon rituals and spells to all! :pray: :full_moon:

7 Likes

@TheTravelWitch,
Thank you so much for the great advice!
Blessed Be. :pray:t3:

4 Likes

Excited, just purchased these tarot card set. Searched high and low for a set that spoke to me. I have (had) a beautiful set in which I used to practice with years ago. However, I canā€™t find them for the life of me. Searched everywhere in my apt for them. They are supposed to arrive just in time for the full :full_moon: this week. Can t wait for them to arrive and begin/learning how to read them. I hope they connect with me.

Blessed Be

6 Likes

Good luck with your new cards @walter! Sometimes it takes a while to find a good fit. Took me three times to get one that I worked well with. I hope they suit you!

5 Likes

Thank you!! I hope they do too!

5 Likes

I have things that I am going to make on Tuesday and then oils, crystals, and sprays that I will charge under the moon. I am going to do the ritual from the Corn Moon printable also. I love doing the moon rituals, I have a large back porch and the light of the moon comes through the trees right onto it. For a couple of weeks I couldnā€™tā€™t find the moon no matter how hard I tried, but I am pretty sure it was cloud coverage from a couple of weather patterns that we had going on here.

I think I will be making some more moonwater. I used what I had left to make 3 of the 4 elemental sprays today. I think depending on the day I can use them as body sprays! They all smell so nice, I spray the water one on my bed before I get into it.

6 Likes

Check it out here!: Music for Casting Spells (Spells8 Youtube)

8 Likes

Oh, I like that! I made sure to subscribe to them. I am journaling every day now. Not only does it help with my anxiety, but I journal on the blank pages about any rituals, spells, or meditations that I do at home. It helps me track my progress. I just donā€™t always do the follow up part.

6 Likes

Awesome! :raised_hand: :sparkles: :white_heart:

4 Likes

I found this really neat blog post from The Hoodwitch about the Corn Full Moon.

ā€œThe Corn Full Moon in Pisces arrives on the evening of September 1st (if youā€™re on the West Coast) and on September 2nd during the early hours of the morning making (if you are on the East Coast). This is an extremely emotional and intuitive luminary, which is why itā€™s the best time of the year to connect with our subconscious and innermost dreams. This Full Moon focuses on activating our innate psychic abilities. During this luminary, itā€™s essential for us to prepare and clear our minds so that we can receive the messages that our spirits and guides want us to see on the astral plane.ā€

It also talks about the exact time of the full moon and a ritual you can follow!

7 Likes

Awesome! Thank you for this! :smiley:

4 Likes

Congrats on your new deck, @walter! :heart_eyes: The cards look lovely- I hope they help you with many readings to come :pray::blush:

Sounds like a great plan, @Susurrus! Youā€™ve got everything all organized and ready to go- best of luck, the full moon is almost here! :sparkling_heart:

This is awesome- the background picture is so soothing to look at. And I love the combination of tunes! Thank you, @Francisco! :grin:

Ohhhhh a full moon in Pisces- this sounds like a great time to try more lucid dreaming! This is great information, thank you for sharing @Missa! :full_moon::pray:

6 Likes

I subscribed to the music for casting spells from @Francisco, I think that will help me connect with what I am doing. Today I am going to try to get some patchouli oil and make up the earth spray and oil along with the harmonizing oil. Tonight I will charge my crystals so they are all set for me to set intentions for them. Iā€™m going to do the Corn Moon spell that I printed once @Francisco had it ready for us. I love the printables. I hope you have a great full moon also @BryWisteria

4 Likes

Great information! Thank you for sharing @Missa!

4 Likes

Firstly happy cornmoon everyone i hope you are all abunduntly blessed with magickal moonbeams :sparkles::first_quarter_moon_with_face::full_moon::last_quarter_moon_with_face:

My Moon magick practice :

Hello everyone its 10pm here in Melbourne and the moon activity i chose was silver bears release spell with bay leaves. I had a bit of trouble getting mine to light when i was sitting outside so i did as much as i could outside then popped back inside my apartment or as i fondly call it the shoebox lol (its a tiny studio) anyway i digress i popped back inside to burn the bay leaves once done i took the ashes and put it under a tree to give back to the earth and thanked the moon. Because i had to burn it inside i then thought hmm well i dont want any negative energy lingering so i did a sage smudge and then finished off by ringing a bell to clear the energy. I then proceeded to do the spells 8 daily moon ritual and meditation. I then listened to woke nations music while i sipped on my peppermint tea i used for the moon ritual. I also did a prayer to ceres being its a corn moon ot seemed fit and if youve seen my post about ceres helping me get a job i thought i would politely and cheekily ask if she could make that a full time permanent position instead of casual. I left her an offering of corn meal and corn flakes. Chia seeds and sultanas. And after all that i got peckish so finished it off with a bowl of cornflakes and honey with soy milkšŸ˜†

I was debating to make moon water or not but then i realised my apartment window isnt facing the moon and im not a morning person so i would probably forget to wake up early and take it away from the sunlight so i thought i would pass on that one although i do really wish i could do it besides i got tired from todays very boring mandatory compliance training and my walk earlier where i discovered a park i didnt even know of in my neighbourhood i just felt called to walk where i was going.

6 Likes

Happy Corn Moon Everyone!
I set up my altar to honor Selene and Iā€™m going to do a full moon meditation and ritual later this evening.

7 Likes

Very nice looking. I like the horse!

5 Likes