:dressed_candle: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Anointing Candles

@Ostara I love the candles! What a great way to do them! :hugs: It must smell lovely too! :blush:

13 Likes

Thank you! I’m surprised that the room smells like roses.

12 Likes

Challenge Entry

I was thinking back to a passage in one of Scott Cunningham’s books where he mentions a coven that went all out for esbats by decorating the altar with white candles, white flowers, white tablecloth, etc.
Amazon Prime Day will soon be here and I plan to buy some dried flowers and herbs. Inspired by what Scott Cunningham wrote, I plan to put some dried jasmine petals and some selenite around the base of my candle holder, and anoint a white candle with jasmine essential out in honor of the Dragon Goddess. :dragon:

18 Likes

That sounds beautiful Kasandra!

13 Likes

@Kasandra That’s Beautiful. The Dragon Goddess will love it. :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

@sue’s Anointed Candles

My candle spell

• Eucalyptus oil
  • Lavender oil - purification & calmness
  • Sage - protection

Ginger - speed up
Blessed thistle - blessings
Hyssop - purification
St. John’s wort - protect & happiness
Red rose petals - divine love & peace

I did make a good luck and money candle as well lol I started having fun with it and found myself making 2
I carved 2 runes - Fehu & Ehwaw

18 Likes

• Basil oil
  • Mint oil
  • sage

Cinnamon - purification & love
Thyme - money & strength
Basil leaves - love & luck
Alfalfa - money& to ward off poverty
Dill - spiritual & physical protection
Chamomile flower - good luck

Runes carved - sowilo and Algiz

18 Likes

@Jessica_Zee These are gorgeous. I love the photo, the purple light over the candles, feels very spiritual. :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

For this challenge, I used a green candle for my intention. I dressed it with a simple dressing: olive oil and sea salt.

I started in the middle of the candle and went up, then I went back to the middle and went down with the oil.

I didn’t add any herbs but I drew 2 of the same rune. It stands for joyful/joyous outcome. It’ll be in the photo.
I did all this on my moon :first_quarter_moon_with_face: :full_moon: :last_quarter_moon_with_face: altar.

I love all the entry’s so far! It’s always interesting to see what everyone comes up with.

:revolving_hearts::pray:Blessed be :pray::revolving_hearts:

20 Likes

Candle dressing! Super!
I always work like this…
I dress them with chamomile oil for luck and roll them in dried bay leaves and cinnamon for money and ginger for quick results
Here a great Greek Magician shows the right way
it is the top of its kind and is now located in England

15 Likes

@christina4 This is beautiful as is your altar. I love the purity of the olive oil and sea salt. :sparkling_heart:

13 Likes

Well, my candle ended up not being a 7 day candle. It burned in less than 30 minutes!

17 Likes

@Jessica_Zee your candles are beautiful!

@christina4 your candle looks like joy!

12 Likes

Good Evening!
This is my very first challenge-entry! Please know I am a baby witch, so it is very basic. I purchased a beautiful oil blend from my local witchy store, then I ground some rosemary and sage. I wanted to carve my candle but didn’t know how to make my intentions known. Almost immediately a post with a tarot appeared with the alder on it! The alder is significant for me, and perfectly aligned with my intentions.
Thanks so much to @SilverBear for the very inspiring video -it really helped me feel good about what I was doing :snowflake:

-Sandra
Ps. Please ignore my fire safe unused ashtray - it was an inexpensive way to not burn my house down :smile:

18 Likes

This is beautiful -and clever , the dividing into days makes so much sense. You are inspiring @Ostara

13 Likes

Beautiful job @ArcticCharm lovely ritual :sparkles::sparkling_heart::heartpulse:

13 Likes

I love this candle so much @Ostara I’ve seen you roll beeswax candles a few times so I’m thinking of trying it myself and buying some supplies. :sparkling_heart::full_moon:

12 Likes

@christina4 Your alter and your candle are beautiful! I can only imagine the energy of those crystals!!! :snowflake:

14 Likes

Im not comfortable with putting oil and herbs on a candle and then lighting it. Ive had some near mishaps in past with herbs and flames. Is there another way to participate innthis challenge… ? Like is there another way to annoint a candle etc that can do without having to put oil n herbs on the candle going to light. ?

14 Likes

@Phoenix_Fire Yes, I annoiinted mine by carving a bind rune into the candle then lighting it. You can carve a sigil or just something that means something to you. No herbs, no oil. Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

15 Likes