📖 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Books, Tomes, and Tales

Yes! That is the name of the book, I will try to post a picture later on, I have it in a drawer by my bed. I like the way that it’s written and it’s very interesting to read about the different deities for the Celtic culture.

4 Likes

Yay! I have since bought a few new books since posting
Belle building her Library :)

I’ve never been good at book reports or summaries but I am going to try!

8 Likes

Ooh! More to add to my list! I haven’t really read any books yet :sweat_smile:
I should have:
1001 Spells: The Complete Book of Spells for Every Purpose
by Cassandra Eason
arriving this afternoon!

6 Likes

I’ve read the Witch’s Book of Self Care and it’s really good. It’s got a great explanation for grounding and centering that really helped me learn.

Heh. Not all of my books are WItchy ones of course, but a good deal of them are. I started one yesterday but it annoyed me so much I picked another book. Glad I only paid a dollar for it. I’m reading Embrace the Moon by Yasmine Galenorn and it looks promising.

It’s hard to pick a favorite really, but I will say that I have bought Wicca A Guide for Solitary Practitioners and Living Wicca by Scott Cunningham for my kindle even though I have them in book form. He’s always dependable for a good read. It’s sad that he was lost to us so early.

5 Likes

I love books; my favourite type is physical books :books: but I also use my kindle alot and listen to audio books when I’m busy cleaning or dog walking.

I just downloaded this one…

Looking forward to getting stuck in! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

It’s here and it’s beautiful and I love it! :heart_eyes:
I’m already halfway through the 2nd chapter- I can’t put it down!
There are spells for absolutely everything! In the introduction she encourages growth and adaptation of her spells to suit your needs and purposes, there’s no ‘do this or it won’t work’.
I’m finding tons of lightbulb moments already with things I want to try/ideas I could adapt.
Truly a fabulous book! :heart:

6 Likes

@Abs53 I’ve read this one, through Audible. Its interesting, but there were some parts I should have had headphones on…:joy:

2 Likes

Love the cover artwork!

3 Likes

It sounds like an awesome book, especially for witches with an interest in Celtic deities and culture! :shamrock: Enjoy, Krissie! :blush:

Hooray for more books! :books: What have you recently added to your bookshelves, Janelle? I can’t wait to get some new recommendations from your awesome collection! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Some books are so good we want to have them with us always- I totally understand this! :grin: And yes, no big lost when an inexpensive book isn’t quite what was expected. I hope Embrace the Moon will be more a fun read for you! :open_book::two_hearts:

Audio books are a great way to learn on the go! :running_woman: I see them more and more often these days- becoming very popular! I hope you enjoy this new one- let us know how you like it :grinning::+1:

The cover is gorgeous- and it sounds like the inside is just as nice! You’ve got a great find, @LimeBerry, enjoy it! :blush:

1 Like

Its going great for me so far, but I’m only on chapter two. Hopefully I’ll get home today and get to reading. I’m taking notes as I go for a book report type thing when I talk about it a the end of the week. LOL.

2 Likes

I think I am going to take a break soon and go read a little bit in my room now that we are talking about it.

3 Likes

Good Saturday Morning! I am so immersed in the book I chose. It’s almost as if reading it is comparable to having a conversation with an old friend. I look forward to reading it each day. It’s filled with so much information that the highlight tool is a blessing! :grin:
Here’s one excerpt regarding the time of the Salem Witch Trial that I did not know…

How’s everyone enjoying their books?
Blessed Be

4 Likes

This is the book I am reading. Im actually getting ready to sete down & read for a little bit. I’ve been pretty productive today & it’s time to take a break. I just wanted to make sure that anyone else who was looking for this type of book knows the title, authors, & cover. I actually purchased it from Amazon.

9 Likes

I’ve skimmed this book several times. Have done one spell in it… Saw this challenge, now I’m going to attempt a second spell from it and of course adding my own touches to it!

Self-care is always a struggle for me…so time to dive in!

6 Likes

That one is next to read in my library.:wink:

4 Likes

This arrived today! Wicca: A guide for the solitary practitioner by Scott Cunningham.

I can’t wait to get stuck in!
Top of the list of:

Has everyone read this already? :heart:

5 Likes

Currently I have been listening to an audio book. The book is called “Drawing Down The Moon” by Margot Adler. I was intrigued by it after watching @Francisco review about it on YouTube a while ago. I listen to it almost every night before I go to bed for about an hour or so. I’m really enjoying it so far! It’s made me think and look at some things in a different perspective too.

6 Likes

I also made a post a while ago with some of my favorite “New Age/Metaphysical Books”

4 Likes

Another book I’m currently reading from time to time is “The Crystal Bible” by Judy Hall. She has 3 editions and every edition has new crystals/stones listed in them. The one im currently reading is the first one!

I highly recommend it! This series is definitely a must for the crystal enthusiast! So far I own the first 2 and need to buy the 3rd book sometime.

You can buy it on Amazon that’s where I got mine or in most bookstores, like Barnes & Noble. I’ve also seen them in new age shops.

5 Likes

I just finished reading the book Wicca, finding your path- by Lisa Chamberlain. Was very insightful in helping me understand the concepts of Wiccan traditions. I started this book before I subscribed to Spells8 than was put on the back burner, because there was so much valuable information on the site and forum, where I could learn from. (All the help, advice and suggestions by everyone in the group, has been invaluable)
I also Read other books on the craft this summer. I’ll list a screenshot of them. I’m so loving kindle!

My Wiccan/ spiritual path started around April 2020 reading, and learning as much as I could, which ultimately lead me to discover Spell8. Therefore, I believe everything was aligned and connected by the universe because I set out the intention to find spiritual knowledge- which has directed me to the path I’m on now.
The books and this site have made me more confident in my craft. I feel that I’ve grown and learned so much in just a couple of months. I can only imagine where I’ll be a year from now. Just like the books stated several times. Wicca and Witchcraft is a lifelong commitment- In which you never stop learning or evolving as a Witch. My goal is to make it a daily practice even if it’s 10-15 mins per day. ( Of course ritual and spells more time invested) However, just to meditate in front of my altar everyday brings me clarity and peace. Also, would like to excel at reading the cards, which is still a work in progress.
Thank you for this challenge-was very insightful.
Blessed be

6 Likes