Are you a Pluviophile 🌧️

I like to listen, watch, and smell rain but I hate getting wet. So I’m like, half a pluviophile? I just hate sitting in wet clothes, makes my skin crawl.

6 Likes

It started in Ohio & then moved to West Virgina. Obviously with covid, nothing happened this year, but as far as I know, they’ll be back! I’ll definitely be going, so I’ll remember to keep you updated! It’s always been super transformative for me, I’ll try to find some photos

6 Likes

I enjoy being at home during a good rain, the sounds and smell is just so calming. My Frankie (Boston Terrier) will sleep almost the whole day if it is raining, so I think he likes it too!

7 Likes

@haley Thanks!! Yes, keep me updated!

@Rowan Sleeping in the rain is just the best. I’ve been listening to these lo-fi tunes on Youtube which are great for chilling, with a rainy atmosphere:

7 Likes

After learning that there was a word for loving thunderstorms, I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised there is a similar word for rain-lovers! :cloud_with_rain::laughing:

I relate wholeheartedly to 1,2,3, and 5, but I have to admit that I also don’t like being caught out in the rain :face_with_hand_over_mouth: But ohhhh- sitting at home, wrapped up warm and safe in fluffy blankets with a hot cup of tea and listening to the rain outside is an ideal day in my book :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

England is pretty infamous for rain- so yes, I think you’ve found a very good place for a pluviophile to be at home, @Abs53 ! :cloud_with_rain::blush:

This was fun to read- thanks so much for sharing! :heart:

6 Likes

Just found this little cutie of a prosperity spell in the book I’m reading (1001 Spells by Cassandra Eason). 📖 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Books, Tomes, and Tales - #18 by Limeberry
Yay for puddles! :cloud_with_rain: :heart_eyes: I’m an adult, I promise. :joy:

11 Likes

Ohhhh love it! Will def be trying soon :+1:t2: thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

What a cute little spell!

4 Likes

This is adorable!!! :heart_eyes: Hooray for prosperity spells- which are especially prosperous for whatever lucky child finds magical money-filled puddles after the spell :joy:

Love it- thanks for sharing, @LimeBerry! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Absolutely yes! I didn’t know there was a term for this. I’ve always loved everything about the rain! Others think I’m weird. But I say I’m not weird, it’s a gift!!

6 Likes

Did not know there was a term for this either. I guess I’m one too! I love the rain! I like being in it, hearing it, and watching it. Especially if it’s on the ocean or river. I also love the howling of the wind! Is there a term for it too? Lol…

7 Likes

Ooh, the howling of the wind! Good one!

7 Likes

Ahhh I love this! I would definitely say I am… I love gentle rain, thunderstorms, all kinds! I love when it rains all day or theres several days in a row of rain… I love the smell and hearing the sounds. Especially at night with my window open. It helps me sleep! :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: :umbrella:

7 Likes

I found Anemophilia for lover of wind and also

Pronounced Sith-hur-ism is love of the sound of the wind rustling the leaves and that might be my favourite word so far :joy::leaves::heart_eyes::heart:

Beautiful! :high_brightness:

9 Likes

Lol…I guess I’m one of those too. Its so calming and relaxing! Thanks for the research

6 Likes

Ohhhh when you say it out loud, it actually sounds like the wind blowing! :wind_face::heart_eyes: Awesome onomatopoeia right there :joy:

6 Likes

Yes yes yes! Hi yall! First time posting… I moved from east Tennessee to Southern California a few years ago and I never realized how much I would miss the rain. I have to listen to it on youtube now…:laughing: I have discovered so many different videos showcasing different types of rain and storm sounds. I wouldn’t have lasted it here where I am so long without them!

9 Likes

Hey @cassandra! Welcome!
I live in rainy England and still use rain sounds on my sleep app when the outside rain isn’t ‘the right kind’ hahaha gotta love technology :cloud_with_rain: :joy:

8 Likes

Merry Meet, @cassandra! :heart:
Ohhh, I love those rainy sound videos on YouTube! Do you have a favorite one? :heart_eyes: Like Francisco posted above, I also like the Lo-fi rain sounds. But when I’m craving natural sound, this is one of my go-to videos!

It’s got the rain :cloud_with_rain:, a crackling fire :fire:, and even a sleepy cat :black_cat: - makes me wish I could jump right into this video! :laughing:

10 Likes

We haven’t had rain all summer and are in severe drought - high fire warnings…etc…but this morning it’s pouring!! YAY!!! So, whoever did the rain dance or rain spell thank you! :slight_smile:

10 Likes