Are you a Pluviophile 🌧️

Pluviophile

I adore the rain :heart: I like nothing more than throwing open the windows and listening to the noise of the rain :cloud_with_rain: hitting the ground; I love the way the moisture feels so fresh :wind_face: in the air.

I love the smell of the rain on grass :ear_of_rice:. I love the CLEAN PURE sensation I get when I stand under the rain and it washes over me :relieved:

Guess I should be grateful I’m English?! :joy:

5 Signs you’re a Pluviophile

1. You love the sound of the rain

The sound of rain is music to my ears :notes: I love how it makes a different sound when the droplets hit different items- like the heavy earthy sound it makes hitting wood vs the light pinging sound when it hits something metal.

It’s so nice and relaxing to listen too; I often fall asleep to rain sounds :sleeping:

2. You can’t stop watching it

Rain provides such a spectacular sight if you give it a chance; a light shower with the sun streaming :sunny: in the background, a heavy storm that brings with it this beautiful indescribable almost “bright darkness” :fog: or when you spot the hint of a glorious rainbow peeping through the clouds. It’s such an underappreciated natural beauty. :rainbow:

3. You love the smell

Raindrops on autumn leaves :fallen_leaf: I would bottle that smell if it were possible! How deliciously fresh the grass smells after a rain fall… It smells clean and cold if that’s even a thing! One of my favourite brands of perfume is Rain by Clean :blue_heart:

4. You don’t mind feeling the rain!

A wise man once said…

I love feeling the rain on my skin. I feel like I’m being cleansed by mother earth when I get drenched!! :earth_americas: That she’s washing away all the negativity and all my worries. I feel strong and powerful :muscle: almost invincible. All that matters is now.

5. You take comfort in the rain

The rain makes me feel safe. I love wrapping up in a duvet with a mug of hot chocolate :coffee: and just relaxing when it rains. It gives me the deepest feeling of security :old_key: and contentment

How about you? Are you a Pluviophile?

See also:-
[Ceraunophilia ] (Ceraunophilia ⚡) :zap:

23 Likes

Yesyesyes!
However, no thank you to driving in the rain/having to go and do things in the ‘real world’ :joy:
Staying home and enjoying the sound/smell of rain with a cosy blanket :heart_eyes::ok_hand: :cloud_with_rain:

9 Likes

True! My car hates the rain! :joy:

I love people watching in the rain- I think you can tell a lot about people by how they act in the rain :thinking::umbrella: :joy:

7 Likes

Yessss! There have been so many beautiful moments in my life that include rain :slight_smile: I used to travel to music festivals every summer. My favorite was Rootwire. Every year, they would open the festival with a huge intention circle, a shaman would pray/chant with us and then end in a huge group hug. I’ll never forget the year that the clouds opened up as we were all holding hands and chanting with the shaman :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I never knew there was a word for it, but now I can proudly tell people that I’m a pluviophile :grin::grin:

8 Likes

Ooohhhh I just love the way rain smells!! :cloud_with_rain: And the sound too! it’s really therapeutic…

I am definitely a pluviophile AND a ceraunophile, both!

@haley that festival sounds amazing!! Are they still doing it?

7 Likes

I like to listen, watch, and smell rain but I hate getting wet. So I’m like, half a pluviophile? I just hate sitting in wet clothes, makes my skin crawl.

6 Likes

It started in Ohio & then moved to West Virgina. Obviously with covid, nothing happened this year, but as far as I know, they’ll be back! I’ll definitely be going, so I’ll remember to keep you updated! It’s always been super transformative for me, I’ll try to find some photos

6 Likes

I enjoy being at home during a good rain, the sounds and smell is just so calming. My Frankie (Boston Terrier) will sleep almost the whole day if it is raining, so I think he likes it too!

7 Likes

@haley Thanks!! Yes, keep me updated!

@Rowan Sleeping in the rain is just the best. I’ve been listening to these lo-fi tunes on Youtube which are great for chilling, with a rainy atmosphere:

7 Likes

After learning that there was a word for loving thunderstorms, I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised there is a similar word for rain-lovers! :cloud_with_rain::laughing:

I relate wholeheartedly to 1,2,3, and 5, but I have to admit that I also don’t like being caught out in the rain :face_with_hand_over_mouth: But ohhhh- sitting at home, wrapped up warm and safe in fluffy blankets with a hot cup of tea and listening to the rain outside is an ideal day in my book :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

England is pretty infamous for rain- so yes, I think you’ve found a very good place for a pluviophile to be at home, @Abs53 ! :cloud_with_rain::blush:

This was fun to read- thanks so much for sharing! :heart:

6 Likes

Just found this little cutie of a prosperity spell in the book I’m reading (1001 Spells by Cassandra Eason). 📖 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Books, Tomes, and Tales - #18 by Limeberry
Yay for puddles! :cloud_with_rain: :heart_eyes: I’m an adult, I promise. :joy:

11 Likes

Ohhhh love it! Will def be trying soon :+1:t2: thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

What a cute little spell!

4 Likes

This is adorable!!! :heart_eyes: Hooray for prosperity spells- which are especially prosperous for whatever lucky child finds magical money-filled puddles after the spell :joy:

Love it- thanks for sharing, @LimeBerry! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Absolutely yes! I didn’t know there was a term for this. I’ve always loved everything about the rain! Others think I’m weird. But I say I’m not weird, it’s a gift!!

6 Likes

Did not know there was a term for this either. I guess I’m one too! I love the rain! I like being in it, hearing it, and watching it. Especially if it’s on the ocean or river. I also love the howling of the wind! Is there a term for it too? Lol…

7 Likes

Ooh, the howling of the wind! Good one!

7 Likes

Ahhh I love this! I would definitely say I am… I love gentle rain, thunderstorms, all kinds! I love when it rains all day or theres several days in a row of rain… I love the smell and hearing the sounds. Especially at night with my window open. It helps me sleep! :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: :umbrella:

7 Likes

I found Anemophilia for lover of wind and also

Pronounced Sith-hur-ism is love of the sound of the wind rustling the leaves and that might be my favourite word so far :joy::leaves::heart_eyes::heart:

Beautiful! :high_brightness:

9 Likes

Lol…I guess I’m one of those too. Its so calming and relaxing! Thanks for the research

6 Likes