Are you a Pluviophile šŸŒ§ļø

Ohhhh when you say it out loud, it actually sounds like the wind blowing! :wind_face::heart_eyes: Awesome onomatopoeia right there :joy:

6 Likes

Yes yes yes! Hi yall! First time postingā€¦ I moved from east Tennessee to Southern California a few years ago and I never realized how much I would miss the rain. I have to listen to it on youtube nowā€¦:laughing: I have discovered so many different videos showcasing different types of rain and storm sounds. I wouldnā€™t have lasted it here where I am so long without them!

9 Likes

Hey @cassandra! Welcome!
I live in rainy England and still use rain sounds on my sleep app when the outside rain isnā€™t ā€˜the right kindā€™ hahaha gotta love technology :cloud_with_rain: :joy:

8 Likes

Merry Meet, @cassandra! :heart:
Ohhh, I love those rainy sound videos on YouTube! Do you have a favorite one? :heart_eyes: Like Francisco posted above, I also like the Lo-fi rain sounds. But when Iā€™m craving natural sound, this is one of my go-to videos!

Itā€™s got the rain :cloud_with_rain:, a crackling fire :fire:, and even a sleepy cat :black_cat: - makes me wish I could jump right into this video! :laughing:

10 Likes

We havenā€™t had rain all summer and are in severe drought - high fire warningsā€¦etcā€¦but this morning itā€™s pouring!! YAY!!! So, whoever did the rain dance or rain spell thank you! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

This one is fantastic! I love fireplaces!! Perfect ambiance! Makes me one to crawl into the video too! Love the candles, books and my favorite, owls on top of mantle. It rained all day last night here and I opened the door and just relaxed with a cup of tea and lit candles . (Cute kitty too!)

9 Likes

Oooooā€¦ I love those ambience ones!! I like the ones in tents, or cabins in the snow. I miss the sound of frogs and cicadas, so I always enjoy southern summer night videos. And the ocean and waterfalls are always a go toā€¦ :wink:

7 Likes

Thank you all for this amazing sound experience!!!

I have one!

I went to Brazil with friends in 2011ā€¦ We stayed at campgrounds and one of the owners was always just sitting there in a high spot. Once, I was talking to him and maybe he wanted me to stop talking, but he said:

ā€œEscuta o vento, fala com Deusā€ (Listen to the wind, talk to God)

:open_mouth: Then I realized why people go to the ocean in winter. Just sitting there listening to the wind is like a youtube ASMR meditation x1,000!

8 Likes

So glad you finally got some rain, @SilverBear! Hopefully thatā€™s the end of the fire warnings :+1:

I know the feeling, @walter! :laughing: It sounds like you made the video a reality for yourself- so lovely! :tea::candle::black_cat:

Wow, these are all very good video choices, @cassandra! I love the ocean and waterfall ones too- thereā€™s something so soothing about the sound of water :ocean::blush: Do you have a favorite video? Would love to see it! :heart_eyes:

Ohhhh @Francisco! Youā€™ve got both the wind and the water elements in this one- so nice to listen to! :wind_face::relieved:

6 Likes

Just found this in ā€˜The Modern Witchā€™s Guide to Happinessā€™ by Luna Bailey.
Oooh that smell :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

That is the best smell on the planet :earth_americas:

11 Likes

Oooh yes!!! And I love how the ocean smells too!

7 Likes

Yep - so much so that itā€™s one of my clairs(cent) - I love all of it! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Iā€™m about 3/4 pluviophile. I donā€™t like being in necessarily. Like this past weekā€¦ absolutely notā€¦ but if itā€™s the summer, if Iā€™m in it, I donā€™t really mind all that much.

6 Likes

Not a pluviophile at all. Iā€™m reminded of the rain hitting my helmet and poncho, and creating mud that sucked my Tank in to the fenders. Grafenwoher Germany had the worst rain and mud. I should move to Arizona.

6 Likes

Very informative. Thanks

8 Likes

Iā€™ll say I love the wind bc now itā€™s hot :hot_face:

8 Likes

Yes, unless it has been raining for several months now and everything is wet and we always have flood warnings.

8 Likes

Oh yes, the sound of rain is a one of the most relaxing sounds, especially at night.:relaxed:

9 Likes

We were on holiday in Cornwall last week and our cottage was right next to a tidal stream. Listening to it at night was really relaxing.

8 Likes