:purple_spell_candle: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Candle Divination

Challenge Entry - Candle Divination
While I did get a chance to try this out, I admit I’m stumped and have no idea what to call the flame’s movement let alone what that signifies.

The candle flame was small and steady most of the candle but then it changed and I was able to catch it on video - I uploaded that to YouTube

Any ideas?

After it was done burning, I clearly saw a heart in the wax, and perhaps a mushroom cap as well.

Honestly, I’m out of my depth with this :laughing: but it was fun in any case!

13 Likes

Challenge entry

I tend to play it a bit fast and loose with candles. I suppose I tend to see them as offerings to something. Often, that’s a deity, but sometimes it’s just an intent or something. For example, working on my intuitive abilities.

Anyway, following this thread:

I went and burnt another candle of the same type. (I had two, and both were broken. Sigh.)

And I ended up with this:

So, here’s a thought.

The candle was crooked from having been broken in three places. This would obviously affect how the wax falls and pools.

But does this mess with any possible readings?

Perhaps not.

Why did I wait until this moment to use this candle? I don’t know. I just felt like using it when I did. So, perhaps that was indeed the right moment for it.

In that case, what can we see here?

I can see death’s scythe, a nine-tailed fox, and a sexy lady rising out of something. :laughing: Maybe my imagination is overactive.

As for what they mean…

Perhaps death’s scythe is all about transformation, endings, and reaping the rewards of something. As we’re currently moving to our new place that we bought, I guess that’s the obvious connection.

The nine-tailed fox could be about wisdom, cunning, and spiritual enlightenment. And the sexy woman, who is probably Lilith, is probably pointing towards some kind of emergence, self-discovery, transformation, and rebirth.

More broadly, that could all mean I’m at a point where letting go of old patterns and using my wisdom and adaptability will lead to personal transformation. Maybe?

Anyway, it’s been fun… But I’ll have to put further exploration on pause until I make some candles of my own. :black_heart:

12 Likes

:pentacle_tarot:
Sure you do you resemble her big-time! You have black hair🌹dont you?
You are a Goddess!
In my opinion!! Did that answer your question?
Jeannie

14 Likes

So I tried pyromancy, reading the flame of my candle. I used a white candle for health, and it burned steadily and had a high flame. So either I’ve got a really good candle or there is good luck being sent my way. I hope this means my friend Evon will get better because that is what I was concentrating on.

I don’t know if I did this right, but well, I tried!

13 Likes

Such a sweet and wonderful compliment! :blush:

13 Likes

:candle: Flickering Magic: How to Read Candle Flames, Meanings and Interpretations
I tried to find the interpretation here!
So mote it be!
Jeannie

13 Likes

Thank you for that. What would I do without you?

8 Likes

Challenge Entry :sparkles:

For this Challenge I would like to recommend 2 books.
https://www.amazon.com/Witchs-Book-Candle-Magic-Divination/dp/1642508675
https://www.amazon.com/Book-Candle-Magic-Secrets-Change/dp/0738764736

These books contain some general information for beginners and home-safe candle spells and divination techniques for young witches.
Also, a divination spell for a magical night:

13 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

Given the connection I have with fire and particularly candles, it seems odd I guess that I have mostly steered away from any type of candle Divination. Wax seems familiar and I had a memory flash of a green taper candle on my Grandmother’s dining room table with a very large bit of wax on it, it’s strange I can see it almost perfectly and I remember that she said something about it but that’s all I got. Given that memory and a general feeling of…I don’t know what, I will be doing a bit of work there.

For this challenge I decided to challenge myself a little and have a go at reading flames. That’s actually very challenging for me. Because of the whole flame moving and changing with my thoughts and feelings thing I have to empty and quiet my mind more than I have been successful with. Think empath trying to isolate their own feelings at a concert and then the crowd reacts. I think

I started to feel like I was actually getting somewhere and with that my mind started swirling as did the flame. It brightened, became a beautiful growing ball of light and BOOM it sort of burst but left no evidence behind.

I’m not sure if I should start working more with candles or lock them in the closet.

Did I mention that I can almost feel them communicating?

11 Likes

Wow. Elemental empathy! Interesting ability. I’ve heard of this being an advanced skill. I’d be curious to watch your development, but you have to decide for yourself based on your own feelings.

11 Likes

Close. It’s dark brown. I was also born with dark brown eyes, but they’ve been turning green as I get older. Right now, they’re probably 60-70% green? One is changing faster than the other. Weird, right? :laughing:

Aww! Thank you. I’m so honoured. :blush: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :black_heart:

For a sweet and wonderful witch! :black_heart:

I guess you’d have a little less weirdness in your life? :face_with_peeking_eye: :laughing: :black_heart: I’m happy to keep providing some weird. :grin:

Aaaand you prove me right, @Nixi. :laughing:

Seriously, though. That’s pretty amazing. :star_struck: I would be pretty stunned if that happened. :thinking: I suppose… I would say, do whatever you feel safe doing. But also, don’t underestimate your beautiful self. :sparkles:

12 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

Candle candle, in the air,
Where is your flicker,
Where is your flare?

Candle candle, in the dark,
Do you believe with all your heart,
That you and your light will never part?

13 Likes

Challenge entry-

I really tried in this challenge but I’m not sure how to read wax I’m sure it’s gonna take a lot more practice I think I see a sad face I had to put my dog spirit down yesterday so I’m really sad I just wanted to submit my entry anyway.

This is spirit she went over the rainbow bridge yesterday thank you for letting me share everyone :paw_prints:

14 Likes

She’s beautiful. I’m so sorry for your loss

12 Likes

@crystal59 so sorry. :green_heart:

10 Likes

I didn’t even know that was a thing. Most of the stuff, I was grown before I knew it wasn’t normal.

12 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss, @crystal59. May your sweet Spirit pass peacefully to the beyond- sending love and light your way as your honor her memory :people_hugging: :heart: Hugs to you

13 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

The talent show last week may have ended, but I’m delighted to see the talents (and candles!) of the Coven continue to shine as bright as ever! :candle: :sparkles: Thank you so much to all of you for jumping into to mix candle magick with divination this week!

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :purple_spell_candle: :sparkles:

9 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in!

This topic is reopening for continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!)