:purple_spell_candle: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Candle Divination

I found them on google play store if you look up candles or incence they should come up. There are more apps on there but those were ones tried.
I found looking up.on app store names a little different to small icons so screen shotted for you so can see logo n name for each plus i found two more not specific and you dont do the reafing but included burning mayches n also tipping wax into a tea cup. Ill add below as well

And heres the ones with multiple types of dibination that included similarly related divination styles

Now im not saying the last two would be completely accurate i cant see the wax in cup or know exactly how random it might be. But is a good way to see different ways ( if done carefulky) if wanted to do physically n had references to what they mean…

Hope it helps :blush::cherry_blossom::sunflower::rose::blossom:

11 Likes

Ok this isnt a divination like the other ones i shared in previous response to your question but if interested or anyone else interested in virtual candle spells i also found this :grin:i just tried one for self love and acceptance with pink candle as ive been a bit hard on self lately and thought id share screen shots of app n how looks when use. Its not divination so much but still candles

This was at start of spell

Then when candle burnt out on own

And you can set your intention at the top and select candle colour. Also you can wait for candle to burn through or finish spell sooner if in rush but it doesnt take long for it to burn through. . I wanted to see if it would or if it just was a repeated video but nope it actually does burn down as a candle would :grin:just thought id share.

11 Likes

Or a Goddess in a full beard? :rofl:

:goat:

9 Likes

Thank you. Love the flowers. Yeah, Amazon does not play well with others, but I appreciate the ideas and work you did. :heartpulse::heartpulse:

Beautiful!

Hey! Between Gwynn and Cernunnos, I’m an airhead with antlers! What’s wrong with that?!? Hmm Imagine a deernado.
reindeer-flying
twister-cows

9 Likes

Candle Magic’ Anyone “ said every Witch Ever!! :candle::cupid:

I used to be obsessed with candles’ and I guess I still am ‘ but not like I used to be ‘ lol. I would buy buy buy and never get to burn them all (you know what I’m saying). Now I am very picky about my candles ‘ Quality over Quantity!
I light “THE” candle every night/evening as I sit on my porch’ and reflect on the day and pray for tmr!
The perfect spell for a candle is Gratitude and Hope!
That’s all you think about when you light (is all the things you are grateful for) and before you put it out or let it go out’ is all your hopes and dreams !

Best Magic in the Whole World!!!

14 Likes

Challenge Entry

I thank you Mother
for Your gift of Sacred Sage,
May it cleanse us and this
Sacred space :pray:

Elements of the South
May your Fire
Remove that which no longer Serves :heart_on_fire:

Element of the North
may the Earth transform
the energies we no longer need at this time
into that which serves the greater good. :witch_cauldron:

May the little flame
burn large and bright.
Show us our chosen path
with your blessed Light :heart_on_fire:

:goat:

13 Likes

Challenge Entry

I have 2 altars set up; 1 is on my vanity dresser where the Morrigan :raven: has her space. The other is my nightstand, which is where Brigid's :brigid_cross: space is located. On each altar, I keep a tall jar candle. My main altar is a black protection candle. I have it inside another empty jar with a bit of water to keep it from getting too hot & cracking. I had it lit & noticed that something was happening with it. There was black smoke. Black, black... & it was burning evenly enough not to need anything to keep it from going out, but the glass cracked in a vertical line at the center of the candle jar. I checked it; the wax wasn't coming out of the jar & it was still burning but bouncing.

I went on with my things & then the wax seeped out of the crack, and the crack was MUCH LARGER & had branched off in a couple of places. The flame had risen higher & the black smoke wasn’t constant, but swirly coming from the flame, it would let some out & then the flame would rise & brighten. The wax that had come through the crack had started going down the side of the jar and then stopped. I checked the jar & it hadn’t reached where the water line was from the jar it was in… the candle continued burning very evenly. The flame had started dancing with more black smoke & I checked it again. Then the smoke was gone & some soot had been left inside the jar. The flame then continued to be bright & tall. It now was very steady. The cracks didn’t get any larger. The wax remained inside the jar. The wax outside the jar had hardened over the cracks & had stayed where it was on the outside without dripping any further down.

While it may not be a traditional divination method, I did repeatedly check on it & keep an eye on it. It was a regular… snuffed-out candle smoke when I snuffed it. It was no longer black, more of the typical gray. The intention of the candle was protection. So, whatever was happening, the candle did its protection job pretty thoroughly. I don’t know what it was protecting me from, but it worked pretty hard & protected me from whatever it was; I did feel a type of energy shift. A calmness within the room afterward.

It also made me realize it is a good time to add that part of my daily practice. I light my protection candle and my purification candle while I am in my room doing my things. I had noticed it shortly after lighting it & immediately had the sense that it was hard at work with something, even if I didn’t know exactly who, what, or where it was coming from today.

11 Likes

Challenge Entry - Candle Divination
While I did get a chance to try this out, I admit I’m stumped and have no idea what to call the flame’s movement let alone what that signifies.

The candle flame was small and steady most of the candle but then it changed and I was able to catch it on video - I uploaded that to YouTube

Any ideas?

After it was done burning, I clearly saw a heart in the wax, and perhaps a mushroom cap as well.

Honestly, I’m out of my depth with this :laughing: but it was fun in any case!

13 Likes

Challenge entry

I tend to play it a bit fast and loose with candles. I suppose I tend to see them as offerings to something. Often, that’s a deity, but sometimes it’s just an intent or something. For example, working on my intuitive abilities.

Anyway, following this thread:

I went and burnt another candle of the same type. (I had two, and both were broken. Sigh.)

And I ended up with this:

So, here’s a thought.

The candle was crooked from having been broken in three places. This would obviously affect how the wax falls and pools.

But does this mess with any possible readings?

Perhaps not.

Why did I wait until this moment to use this candle? I don’t know. I just felt like using it when I did. So, perhaps that was indeed the right moment for it.

In that case, what can we see here?

I can see death’s scythe, a nine-tailed fox, and a sexy lady rising out of something. :laughing: Maybe my imagination is overactive.

As for what they mean…

Perhaps death’s scythe is all about transformation, endings, and reaping the rewards of something. As we’re currently moving to our new place that we bought, I guess that’s the obvious connection.

The nine-tailed fox could be about wisdom, cunning, and spiritual enlightenment. And the sexy woman, who is probably Lilith, is probably pointing towards some kind of emergence, self-discovery, transformation, and rebirth.

More broadly, that could all mean I’m at a point where letting go of old patterns and using my wisdom and adaptability will lead to personal transformation. Maybe?

Anyway, it’s been fun… But I’ll have to put further exploration on pause until I make some candles of my own. :black_heart:

12 Likes

:pentacle_tarot:
Sure you do you resemble her big-time! You have black hair🌹dont you?
You are a Goddess!
In my opinion!! Did that answer your question?
Jeannie

14 Likes

So I tried pyromancy, reading the flame of my candle. I used a white candle for health, and it burned steadily and had a high flame. So either I’ve got a really good candle or there is good luck being sent my way. I hope this means my friend Evon will get better because that is what I was concentrating on.

I don’t know if I did this right, but well, I tried!

13 Likes

Such a sweet and wonderful compliment! :blush:

13 Likes

:candle: Flickering Magic: How to Read Candle Flames, Meanings and Interpretations
I tried to find the interpretation here!
So mote it be!
Jeannie

13 Likes

Thank you for that. What would I do without you?

8 Likes

Challenge Entry :sparkles:

For this Challenge I would like to recommend 2 books.
https://www.amazon.com/Witchs-Book-Candle-Magic-Divination/dp/1642508675
https://www.amazon.com/Book-Candle-Magic-Secrets-Change/dp/0738764736

These books contain some general information for beginners and home-safe candle spells and divination techniques for young witches.
Also, a divination spell for a magical night:

13 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

Given the connection I have with fire and particularly candles, it seems odd I guess that I have mostly steered away from any type of candle Divination. Wax seems familiar and I had a memory flash of a green taper candle on my Grandmother’s dining room table with a very large bit of wax on it, it’s strange I can see it almost perfectly and I remember that she said something about it but that’s all I got. Given that memory and a general feeling of…I don’t know what, I will be doing a bit of work there.

For this challenge I decided to challenge myself a little and have a go at reading flames. That’s actually very challenging for me. Because of the whole flame moving and changing with my thoughts and feelings thing I have to empty and quiet my mind more than I have been successful with. Think empath trying to isolate their own feelings at a concert and then the crowd reacts. I think

I started to feel like I was actually getting somewhere and with that my mind started swirling as did the flame. It brightened, became a beautiful growing ball of light and BOOM it sort of burst but left no evidence behind.

I’m not sure if I should start working more with candles or lock them in the closet.

Did I mention that I can almost feel them communicating?

11 Likes

Wow. Elemental empathy! Interesting ability. I’ve heard of this being an advanced skill. I’d be curious to watch your development, but you have to decide for yourself based on your own feelings.

11 Likes

Close. It’s dark brown. I was also born with dark brown eyes, but they’ve been turning green as I get older. Right now, they’re probably 60-70% green? One is changing faster than the other. Weird, right? :laughing:

Aww! Thank you. I’m so honoured. :blush: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :black_heart:

For a sweet and wonderful witch! :black_heart:

I guess you’d have a little less weirdness in your life? :face_with_peeking_eye: :laughing: :black_heart: I’m happy to keep providing some weird. :grin:

Aaaand you prove me right, @Nixi. :laughing:

Seriously, though. That’s pretty amazing. :star_struck: I would be pretty stunned if that happened. :thinking: I suppose… I would say, do whatever you feel safe doing. But also, don’t underestimate your beautiful self. :sparkles:

12 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

Candle candle, in the air,
Where is your flicker,
Where is your flare?

Candle candle, in the dark,
Do you believe with all your heart,
That you and your light will never part?

13 Likes

Challenge entry-

I really tried in this challenge but I’m not sure how to read wax I’m sure it’s gonna take a lot more practice I think I see a sad face I had to put my dog spirit down yesterday so I’m really sad I just wanted to submit my entry anyway.

This is spirit she went over the rainbow bridge yesterday thank you for letting me share everyone :paw_prints:

14 Likes