šŸ˜Ž Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Casual Casting

Love this idea!! Would you be down to do a rainbow magick post sometime?

11 Likes

I can look into itā€‹:grin:love me some :rainbow: add a little magic, now thatā€™s a partyā€‹:joy::tada::tada:

10 Likes

We had a bit of a heatwave here in the UK last week, Tuesday being the hottest day.

I knew there was rain forecast and it was desperately needed to clear the air.

I stood out in the garden on Tuesday evening and recited the following (which I made up on the spot) over and over again:

Persephone and Hecate hear my call
Bring the rain down, make it fall

I like to think I contributed at least a little to the glorious rain that began to fall shortly afterwards.

11 Likes

@Amaris_Bane
As you gave the ingredients for your serum, you said ā€˜bitchā€™ was one of them, ha ha
I think itā€™s essential that at the end of your recipe you give directions and to bitch as needed.
:upside_down_face:
Blessings
Garnet

10 Likes

Thank you so much, @BrightBear!

10 Likes

Hey that is a lot, I am saying a prayer for your protection and speedy healing after surgery. I love that you shared so vulnerably and I think you are very brave.

You shared an image of a chakra sortof slab with geometric shape. Reminds me of the Flower of Life but I havenā€™t completed my studying. Can you say more on what this symbol on the stone in your pic means? :pray:

10 Likes

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder!

So many fun and clever ways to seize the moment and jump into some casual casting- thank you so much to everyone who has shared their informal magick experiences so far! :pray::heart:

If you havenā€™t already shared an entry but would like to join in, please know that you still have some time:

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: July 26th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

Blessed be! :sunglasses: :sparkles:

9 Likes

Oh my, hahaha!! This is what happens when I donā€™t proofread. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I have fixed my post. :wink:

10 Likes

This symbol is Metatronā€™s cube and is said to contain all the geometric
shapes and patterns that exist. It symbolizes balance, harmony, creation, protection and healing. The one I posted actually has a hook on it so I can wear it as a pendant as well (on a chain). You can find lots of stuff on line about it but hereā€™s a good one: What Is a Metatronā€™s Cube ā€” and Why Is It Significant? - Symbol Sage

I use it for healing energy and to prevent any negativity from entering my space, I love it!! Thank you so much xo

12 Likes

My Challenge Entry
At the weekend I went on a mini holiday to Alton Towers and I created some protection sigils and charged them with music whilst I packed.
Blessed Be

11 Likes

Casual Casting Entry

Iā€™m back at it again with the lavender (just kidding- I havenā€™t stopped :joy:) and am using it to stuff some lavender pillows and sachets. I guess the crafting inspiration from last week has kept me going into this week! :scissors: :thread:

While sewing the little bags, I played around with a few chants and sayings to bless the pillowsā€¦ but there wasnā€™t any one in particular that stuck. So I decided to simply channel positive energy and good wishes with every stitch :sewing_needle: :two_hearts:

With every dip of the needle, I wished for peace and relaxation to whoever holds the pillow. Nothing fancy, but simply sweet! Just sewing a little magickal intent into the work :blush:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

14 Likes

Tiid saagha Dovahzul! Daar koor, pogaan kaviirre lahney naal zuā€™u. Goraan kaviir vos zuā€™u boha lovun, ful nusul, zuā€™u drey komaan saaga draan fah nii. Zuā€™u drey saag:
lig jaaril daar goraan kaviir, lot dovahhe
dein pah vokul ahst vaal
aal nii lahney lingrah ahrk zohaas,
gestin nol krasaar ahrk aax
Ful nii los!

Time to speak Dovahzul!
This summer, there are many rabbits living near me. One young rabbit lets me come near it, so yesterday, I decided to say a prayer for it.
I said:
please protect this young rabbit, great dragons
Keep all harm at bay
May it live long and healthy,
Free from illness and injury
So mote it be!

Maybe someday Iā€™ll be able to rhyme in Dovahzul.

10 Likes

Thanks for another fab post! I donā€™t know if this counts as casting or spells or not, but hereā€™s what I do (fitting it in while unpacking will feel good I bet):

1. I lay down in the grass and look up at the trees. I watch the leaves flutter in the wind, I watch the clouds and enjoy the beauty of the sky. Sometimes i do yoga ir breathwork during, and recite silently, ā€œI breathe in calm, I exhale anxietyā€ etc.

2. My father said when he brought me on hikes when I was 3, heā€™d ask me where the faeries are and Iā€™d always answer in the water. So sometimes I like to look for them there or just talk to the plants, mushrooms etc near water. I havenā€™t encountered any as an adult or seen them with my eyes, sadly; only that we saw some flying around me in some pics back when I was a teen. They looked like little glow balls but we checked the camera and lighting and it definitely wasnā€™t just a trick of the camera/sunlight.

So Iā€™ll try to do some nature watching and look for fairies before Wednesday! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

What a fantastic challenge! I love this especially because it is a great reminder to me that I donā€™t necessarily HAVE to be formal in every instance and that even if I have only 5-10 minutes, I can still weave magick into my day. Since I started officially in the practice, I have tried formal spells and rituals, but I have found that the magickal can be found in the mundane all of the time. For example, prior to the end of last week, when I officially ended with my super toxic workplace, I used to bring my black obsidian buddha stone with me to work for protection. I also have a sunstone that I wear regularly. Before any meetings that I used to have, I would shut myself in my office and turn on relaxing music and I would meditate and say a protection chant, asking the god and goddess to provide me strength and courage.

I am also a huge believer in Law Of Attraction (LOA) and I weave this into my magickal practices as well. I am currently reading a book called Project 369: The Key to the Universe. I am taking what I am learning in this book and applying it in my ritual and spell work - specifically when I am using visualization or calling on the God and Goddess to assist me in my journey. I also like to use divination in my every day life to assist me in making decisions or helping to keep my courage and strength up. I recently purchased a few new oracle decks, and one of my favorites of those is the Sacred Forest Oracle. I try to use it at least a few times a week to provide me with guidance and insight about what is going on in my life. Usually, I will take 5-10 minutes and go into my spiritual room to do this. I will first use my Tibetan singing bowl to clear my space, my energy, and the energy of my cards. I will then center myself, ground myself, and focus on my intent and my question, asking the spirit for guidance. Usually, I walk away from those readings with such a clear picture and a clear answer about whatever it was that was troubling me prior to doing the reading.

I love the idea of mixing the magickal into the mundane. I think there are so many ways to seamlessly weave the practice into every day life so that it starts to feel more familiar and less like its a ā€œchore.ā€ I know that for me, when I am learning something new, I can get especially overwhelmed and I will give up or just stop focusing on it, but when I can easily include little components into my flow, then it does not feel like its so difficult to learn.

What an amazing challenge! I appreciated this so much because I can now see that although sometimes it feels that I take long ā€œbreaksā€ from practicing my craft, that in reality, I do not. What a great reminder!

I will share here also the book that I am currently reading in case anyone else is interested. Blessed be, everyone. :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

This is so cute and pretty. Sounds very relaxing! I may try this out. Great gifts for birthdays etc.

8 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :two_hearts:

I saw that too. I shouldā€™ve said something but I thought it was cool!
You crack me up miss @Garnet :two_hearts: and miss @Amaris_Bane :two_hearts:

Thank you 2 for the HAHA :wink:

11 Likes

At least my spelling mistakes can make people laugh!!

11 Likes

Happy Monday!
For this Challenge, Iā€™m looking back over the week, and I seem to somehow implement a bit of magick every day.
I start every morning with one tarot card. This has become super important to my daily ritual. It keeps me self-aware and contemplative.
I go outside and water my garden babies :tulip::sunflower::wilted_flower: while acknowledging the beauty of Mother Earth.
I pick one piece of jewelry to wear every day, whether itā€™s a little moon/star earrings, a crystal or stone necklace, or a moon necklace, and I always have my moon/star ring with my dogā€™s ashes inside. (I carry her ashes every day in some way)
I saved a large number of wedding flowers that were donated to our Nursing home early in the week and hung them to dry for the next month. Iā€™ll use these for spell jars and sachets and to beautify my altars.
I delivered my sonā€™s witch bells yesterday, and they loved them! Explaining the items and ingredients, I carefully picked to protect them :heart:
I am thankful for something I did this week: Iā€™m getting closer to menopause. Iā€™ve had a couple of glorious months with no cycle ( happy dance under the moon) and then whammy, a hefty 2-week long cycle that finally had me laying down with my hands on my lower belly intently thinking, ā€œEnough now, we canā€™t keep this up, Iā€™m leaving on a trip in 1 weekā€ lol. The following day I pulled my morning tarot card, the Death card. I reached out to my sister, and she said that means your cycle or youth is ending. I was saying, ā€œyes! bring on my crone phase!ā€ By noon that day, my cycle had cut way down and was over within 24 hours. Blessed be! :rofl::joy::rofl:

Have a wonderful week, ladies! :heart:

9 Likes

My entry this week - Casual Casting Challenge entry

8 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge- Casual Casting

Well PJā€™s it is!! My casual casting mainly consists of using my crystals. I almost always have one in my pocket, even in my pajama pockets!
Like a lot of us in the West, I have been doing rain :sun_behind_rain_cloud: chants and trying to call in the rain :cloud_with_rain: when itā€™s near. Oh yeah, I was in my pjā€™s one day last week when I called out to the clouds for rain!
We had a couple of showers a couple of days last week but it wasnā€™t even enough to water the garden :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
Maybe I need to add a dance to my chanty little songs!! and some herbs or an herbal spray maybe :thinking:
:cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain:

9 Likes