šŸ˜Ž Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Casual Casting

This is such a powerful statement! Thank you for sharing your week and all the casual casting you did. As a fellow mental health misfit, Iā€™m so happy for you! I understand the struggle to get to a place of just being. You are doing an amazing job, keep it up!! :heart::heart::people_hugging::people_hugging:

10 Likes

Casual Craft is pretty much my style. I donā€™t follow any particular deity(ies) in my casting, though Iā€™m fond of several as concepts, so everything I do is based on what feels right at the time. That means from one day to the next everything may change. One day Iā€™m hoarding quartz, the next Iā€™m all about my pyrite ammonite fossil, the next Iā€™m snuggling piles of jasper. I figure I know nothing in comparison to the energies that exist around me, so I let them guide me.

Right now Iā€™m going through a huge personal journey, and part of what I need to focus on is taking it easy. No more pushing myself to get as far along the to-do lists as possible in a single day.

So my chaos magic right now is:

• burning a candle for the waning moon

• loading my pockets with minerals and (tumbled) crystals to help me stay attuned to the energy around me

• to be thankful for every ingredient as I eat my meals and sip my beverages,

• to let the concept of time drift away, focusing on human comforts and what feels good in the moment

• To tend to my garden under the hot sun and feel connected to the plantsā€™ energies and the benefits they trust to me.

• To listen to the birds building nests in the corners of our roof, and the lawn mowers hitting the dry grass across our neighborhood.

I like the geese and chickens our neighbors keep but theyā€™ve been pretty quiet lately. Maybe our friendly otters will be attracted by my energy, to bring their new baby by for a quick wave from our pond. I donā€™t know. Itā€™s not my place to know until it happens.

Coincidence that today is the Neptunalia? Probably not!

15 Likes

image0

Some evidence of my casual Craftā€¦ using Sailor Neptune stickers as an altar offering. :grin:

14 Likes

Oh! And part of my practice this weekend will hopefully be to find the energy to sew some tarot pouches. I found a free pattern online and am giving them to friends as I practice.

One goal is to make them fit nicely. I have a ā€œtarot pouchā€ I bought once that is so enormous, it set me on a quest to find better pouch sizes. Now my quest has brought me to that age-old conclusion: ā€œIf you canā€™t find what you need, make it yourself!ā€

But my energy is my primary concern this weekend, so if it doesnā€™t happen, thatā€™s okay, too.

13 Likes

About 8 months ago I placed an order for bay leaves. There are so many things you can do with bay leaves and at the grocery store they are expensive. I kind of messed up when ordering. I ordered a pound of bay leaves. That is so many bay leaves that if I used them everyday in spells and cooking I would never use them all!

So, casual spell casting. I took a handful of bay leaves, went outside and sat under my favorite tree, and wrote what no longer serves me on each bay leaf and let the wind take them away. I still have a smile on my face. Of course, that could be because after I plopped my butt on the ground,I had to think about how I was going to get myself back up off the ground! Lol!

Thank you @Amethyst for your wonderful ideas. You are a blessing to us all.

12 Likes

This is wonderful! I love it as inspiration for the rest of us, and that you uncovered the reason you bought so many! (I do always worry when I order things offline, that Iā€™ve either ordered something too small to be what I needed, or that Iā€™m going to be buried under that supply forever!)

Funny enough, I just spent some time at my altar for Neptunalia, and it was more formal than I usually practice! :rofl: I did let inspiration guide my words, however, since my Book of Shadows is in the main house and not my office at the moment, and I found myself led by many powerful words and I think it was just what was called for (funny how that happens :sweat_smile:).

But my casual casting will continue. I think Iā€™ll go get a glass of the herbal sun tea that I made earlier this week and sit on the porch to finish the book Iā€™ve been reading.

Then when my partner wakes up, Iā€™ll see if I feel like sewing the tarot bags I cut out the other day as described in my earlier post.

13 Likes

Aww, thanks @Ostara! And wow, thatā€™s a lot of bay leaves! What a good idea!

10 Likes

Ok so i have a regular daily thing of connecting to plants n nature through watering my plants n opening cutain to give sunlighy for inside planrs. Id been checking on a jar id put outside with cotyon balls n water n seeds but craziness had meant i had forgotten plus the wearher meant i wasnt going on balcony much. But i just remembeed the sunflower seeds i planted. I wanted to draw on solar energy through the growing of the sunflowers as welk as the sunflowers themselves. Anf today i found tgere had been major growth from when i last checjed n was so excited . I jusy had yo share. My seeds in soil have not shown growth but the seeds in the cotyon balls n water in glass jar hace had more growth in less time. :tada::tada::tada: i have lots of glass jars so i think im going to try more. Heres the jar i already did. My sunflower seeds been growing even in this weather bringing sunshine into dreary days ecen before tge flowers themselves have come

13 Likes

I had another idea for daily magic, im doing scentsy now and while their not candles they have a wide range of colour n scented wax melts, oil diffuer scents and fan pod and event items like sachet bags things. They have a range of ingredients im drawn to rhe sandlewood ones or ones tgat have sandlewood in it. But i was thinking about it and they habe colours abd indegrients i coyld use as correspondences for particular needs. Ive been using the sample one for the scent and colours and i want to make a full list so i can use them in my practice as well. For example i could have a wax warmer that melts a green wax with ingredients that are correspondances to prosperity or if i feel i need to do a self love spell i could use a pink wax with relevent ingredients. Or i out open one of the samples for shorter spell n use the scent n colour like a scented candle just withour tge flame or hand a white candle n the scent. N smell the scent during the spell or meditation. Plus the samples come in so msny colours they can act as a contained ingrients i can use or display on my altar. Lol plus having nicr smells in the house xan lift spirits. Lol i even think i say a pala santo one. I wouldnt use magical correspondance to sell to customers ( they dont know) but i can use my table or scwnts with their coloyr n ingredients tp help customers find one they might like while i might use it not only for that but also as a correspondences table for my practice n fhis is soooo exciting cause its another thing i can use in my practive every day. Even just pickibg up a same scent that dtawn to n use it in a daily meditation and think about the correspondence of the colour n scent indredients and use it as a smell scent aspect in spells and meditation.

This is my little wall of samples ( only a portion of tge ones they do) n cause of the colours it fits into bringing colour into my days.

This is my favourite of samples i have, its calked Luna and as if the name wasnt good enough to love it, the colour is a blue green colour and the scent is lavender, sweet pea, freesia, berries and sandlewood. How cool. Once ive made my table of all of them and whats in each and colour ill look at each correspondences and benifits for them n i can incorporate more. N that is cool. Oh and yes i put the rest of ny crystals not on the altar space infront of the crystals. I think it would be cool to do spells and meditations that use all scenses. How cool would that bešŸ˜

11 Likes

Okay, I canā€™t believe that since this was my challenge idea that I was reading so much that I was about to forget to post! LOL!

Iā€™ve been tending toward more formal rituals in the mornings which is weird but there ya go. I guess it may change once I get the feel for it. But I do want to share my morning prayer. It goes like this:

Good morning Lord and Lady! I thank you for this day.
For the chance to eat and laugh and pray.
For brand new days, giving me brand new opportunities,
Grant that I listen to you and be a blessing to my communities.
Grant me good health, and a sunny disposition,
And help me with my magical tuition.
These things of you I ask and pray, so I may return to thank you another day.

And thatā€™s it! :smiley: Hope yā€™all liked it!

13 Likes

@Amethyst that is a great start to the day! You are a great writer! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Our neighbor has the most adorable toddler (just over a year old). Iā€™ll sit on the ground and play with him a lot because he just loves me. But then I have this same problem!! I just give my hubby puppy eyes and help come give me a hand lol!

I love this!!! I often place fan art of Hades and Persephone on their altar. She loves it and he tolerates it for her. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

@Phoenix_Fire Yay!! I love sunflowers! :sunflower::sunflower::sunflower: And I often use a wax warmer my self as I try to avoid actual candles because of my kitties. They are a great way to incorporate color or smell into your practice. I have an electric one but you can get a cute porcelain one that uses tea lights also.

@Amethyst thatā€™s a lovely morning prayer! I have been wanting to start a morning and bed time prayer but am still working on what I want to say.

11 Likes

You always make me smile @Amaris_Bane. How is your ankle doing? I hate having any pain on the foot ankle or toe because itā€™s impossible to stay off of it for it to heal! You cant just jump around on 1 foot because then you have a double injury. Lol!

9 Likes

It was healing well but then I rolled it again today. I was gathering laundry this morning to take to the washers and one of my pibbles tried to help but caused me to trip and roll that same ankle. So, we got me an ankle brace, lol. Otherwise itā€™s not so bad. But yes, trying to stay off it is horrible! Iā€™m just glad I donā€™t have kids to worry about, my animals and my husband (who we joke is my 45 yo child) are enough, lol.

11 Likes

I understand, I have a 55 year old child. Lol! Try to rest it!

9 Likes

I canā€™t describe how delighted I am that ā€œpibblesā€ has spread to this thread now. :star_struck:

I did make a tarot bag, though it was today and not yesterday. Having finished that (almost, I need to go buy some ribbon to match), and added some new plants to my garden, thereā€™s nothing to do for the rest of the day but take it easy, which is my big initiative for the weekend.

13 Likes

I love rain! We donā€™t get much rain here in the high mountain desert of Nevada. I am celebrating our current rainstorm. (I am worried about some flash flooding if it doesnā€™t stop.)

I felt the call of the rain puddles so I practiced a bit of impromptu grounding.

Then took a shower and enjoyed some awakening oil.

Then set up a temporary altar.

Now for a Chamomile Tea Ritual (and a touch of sprinkling with my tea in the surfaces around me).https://spells8.com/chamomile-tea-meditation/
And some Rainy Day Yoga
Yoga For a Rainy Day - Yoga With Adriene - YouTube
And end with a sweetening spell. https://forum.spells8.com/t/group-ritual-jul-7-chocolate-magick-sweetening-spell/24909?u=crystal5

12 Likes

Thank you, my dear!

Thanks, love! I do a bedtime prayer too but thatā€™s mostly what Iā€™m grateful for and what Iā€™m asking blessings for. It doesnā€™t rhyme but it does the job!

10 Likes

I do this on mirrors too!

11 Likes

@Amethyst, ooh, I love this! I adore your writing, and it always inspires me!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

11 Likes