🕑 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

A fort :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: nice one

7 Likes

Aww, thank you, sweetie! That’s so nice of you to say!

Love you too Christina!

7 Likes

C4, check your titles, each title is for a challenge you’ve won

7 Likes

Yay!!! I am so excited about this! Trying to figure out which moon themed challenge to do (🌝 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Strength of the Full Moon or 👰 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Deities of the Moon. Or maybe Claws, Paws, Tails and Scales

Yaaaaaaaay!!!

Kat

9 Likes

I finished one of my books this week so here’s my entry for the :open_book: Books, Tomes, and Tales challenge!

https://forum.spells8.com/t/spells8-book-club-xii-nov-5-dec-3/16024/24?u=meganb

9 Likes

Well this was not exactly the spell I had intended to use for my catch up entry but given the fantastic results I had with it not just for myself but also the results I see from others who have used this spell I think I’m gonna enter my Addiction breaker charm for the :sparkler: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Spell Swap Meet
For the first part of my catch up challenge. I’m still deciding which of the other challenges I want to catch up on

11 Likes

For this weekly catch up challenge, I chose the two challenges of Giving Gratitude and the Inviting Abundance challenge, since we are nearing Thanksgiving and those intentions are complementary.

First, the Giving Gratitude challenge. Gratitude is amplified when it is felt, expressed and acted on (just like love :heart:). I did the gratitude meditation Bryanna recommended to feel grateful. I sent Thanksgiving cards to my loved ones express gratitude. Then I went to the store and bought food to contribute to the food drive. :yum:

Secondly, the Inviting Abundance challenge. Ordinarily I might wait until the full moon to do this but as it is an eclipse tomorrow, I felt today (Thursday) was the last day I can expect to get best results before the moon wanes. I am inviting some oak trees :slight_smile: to help bring abundance to myself and my family. Good work for a Thursday as Jupiter is associated with abundance, family and what do you know, oak trees :slight_smile:

I walked outdoors and reflected on my blessings. Then I collected oak leaves (strength and stability) and acorns (good luck, protection and personal power). Acorns were kind of scarce this late in the year! I only took a few as I understand they are squirrel lunch. I put my hands on the oak tree trunk in thanks.

I placed the acorns, leaves and some cinnamon (prosperity) around a brown :brown_circle: candle (family and pets). Bread and wine offering.

I made a list of what I was grateful for and about what I thought I needed and what my folks needed. I placed it beneath the candle. I lit the candle and recited:

Mighty oaks from acorns grow.
Help me now my spell to sow.
Prosper those my heart holds dear.
Wealth and wellness through the year.
Grateful gladness ever be
Grounded as the great oak tree.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Thank you for posting the challenges. Thank you to everyone who takes them on! P.S. when you sprinkle cinnamon on a lit candle, it makes cool little sparks, I discovered :wink:

14 Likes

Ha ha ha that is classic :rofl:

6 Likes

@mary25 I do have a strange little brain sometimes :rofl:

7 Likes

@mary25 that was beautiful. I really like the chant

8 Likes

Giving Gratitude

I haven’t taken the time or effort to count my blessing and it is with great regret that I do so so late.

I pretty well say it all at the:

Blessing of the Meal

Mother of all, what a wonderful day you have provided for this gathering.

Thank you for the fruits of the earth that you provide for us.

Bless everyone who sits at this table and those who could not make it.

Thank you for my family, who I have never been grateful enough to.

Thanks to the near and dear who have passed beyond the veil.

Bless and keep our friends and keep them safe.

As I have spoken, so it shall be.

Thank you one and all.

Garnet, Blessed by Dragons

14 Likes

I managed to finish my spell for the Holiday Cheer challenge! I won’t cast it this week, since we still have a month before the solstice.

As always, feel free to add it to your BOS or alter it according to your needs.

Winter Solstice Spell For Gratitude

You will need:

1 red candle
1 green candle
Sandalwood essential oil
Frankincense essential oil
Cinnamon essential oil
An article of clothing that you have received as a gift at Yule/Christmas

1. Light a green candle and a red candle on your altar.

2. Sit quietly for a moment. Notice the clothes you are wearing. What material are they made of? How do they feel against your skin? Notice the difference in temperature of your skin that is not covered. How much colder would you feel if you didn’t have any hats, ear muffs, scarves, gloves, coats, sweatshirts and sweatpants or socks?

3. Put four drops of sandalwood, frankincense, and cinnamon essential oil in your diffuser and turn it on.

4. Take an article of clothing that you have received as a gift at Yule/Christmas, hold it out as the mist rises and say the following:

Long are the nights,
Early I turn on the lights
Prowling is the Yule Cat over the snowy hills
Wrinkling its nose
At the sight of children who are not wearing their new clothes
As the Goddess enters her slumber
And the winds of winter blow
As the God’s strength begins to grow
On this twentieth/twenty-first day of December
May I never take for granted
The warm clothing that I have received and shall receive
During the Yuletide season
These are results that I shall see
They shall come to pass
So mote it be

11 Likes

Rowan’s Weekly Challenge Catchup Entry #2

Scrolling through the list of past challenges I do not believe I have the badge for Weekly Challenge Magick On The Go.

As pretty much everyone knows, I live close to the Atlantic Ocean and often go there every Sunday (I refer to it as going to church). Usually, I have in mind the intention of letting go of any heavy thoughts or energies from the week or just recharging for the week ahead. On the way, there is a stretch of road that is just canopied with Spanish Oak trees all gnarly, twisted, and beautiful with Spanish Moss draping of the branches, in this moment is when I feel as if I was just given a big hug, it’s soothing and puts a smile on my face. I usually close my eyes when we go by them and just hold that comforting feeling for a minute. When we get to the beach, it’s always so nice to see the sandy path with the greenery on both sides and the wide-open water ahead.

I always have to greet the water first thing, chairs down and shoes off I go. .Its then I do a collection of my thoughts and feelings I wish to release. As each wave comes to meet my toes, I send with it those thoughts and feelings… off they go. I will stay and do this for as long as I need.

I will also bring or wear some of my crystals to cleanse by the water as well.

10 Likes

@Rowan i love your pics of the ocean. Water is my go to calm happy place. I’m in Ohio so no ocean so it’s great to see yours. Thanks for sharing them.

8 Likes

What a beautiful picture of the ocean @Rowan :heart_eyes: you can just feel the ocean’s power just coming through the photo. It’s almost like the waves are literally calling out with a siren’s song. Thank you for sharing :blush:

6 Likes

I finished my Witchy Challenge, I did the Magick of the Arts. And this pretty much sums up the week with the partial eclipse, meteor shower, and the Beaver Moon! I did this painting on a faux leather motorcycle jacket.

12 Likes

@christine13 that is an amazing piece! Great job! I love it! It will look amazing however you decide to display or wear it. :star_struck:

6 Likes

Thank you so much! I appreciate that:)

6 Likes

For my 2nd Challenge I am going to do Trying Something New (Very 1st Challenge for :infinite_roots:)

Once I have it finished I will post my entry :hugs:

6 Likes

Can’t wait to see it!

6 Likes