🕔 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

I sincerely thank you for sharing your healing process with me :heartpulse:
I am a Christian Gnostic Witch, so I don’t think highly of the OT god. However, I have loved Jesus Christ since the first time I laid eyes on his image on the cover of a kid’s book as a child.

I can say that simply conversing with you is a peaceful experience!
Wishing you love and bountiful light and thanks again!

6 Likes

The picture just seems to fit perfecting how I felt walking down the very long hallways at the hospital. I have thought a lot about liminality and I now believe that as witches we all walk A Path of Liminality! Bunches of love back at you @Garnet :revolving_hearts: :sparkling_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you so much for your support and understanding @MeganB :pray: :spirit_element: :heart:

I love :heart: your entries @jessica72 I have always been fascinated with the Moon :full_moon: I have added both of the books :books: you have shared to my Amazon ‘wish list.’

I love :heart: your cute little rock :rock: garden. I think your poor little cactus :cactus: will be much happier in the new space.

Thank you :pray: so much for your kind words! It’s so nice to get to know you a little better. With much love :heart: and light :candle:

6 Likes

My next entry (because I’m actually managing to do two this time!) is for :sparkling_heart: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Giving Gratitude – and my gratitude is going out to every single one of you!

Image Source

Ritual for Gratitude

I created this little ritual to help me show gratitude to the people in my life. Oftentimes I have a difficult time expressing my emotions and making sure the people I love and care for know that I love and care for them. So, this ritual has many parts!

You will need…

• a list of names of people you want to express gratitude for
    these can be living people or ancestors
  • a pink candle – for love and frienship
  • a bowl of water – for emotional expression
  • your phone (for texting) or a piece of paper (for letters)

Now you will…

1. Create sacred space in whichever way works for you. Some people cast a circle, others ground and center, and still others hop right in.
  2. Set your bowl of water and your candle next to each other. Light the candle and say the following.

As the flame begins to burn,
I feel open and able to express my gratitude.
Spirit of Fire - I call to you to ignite the love in my heart.
Spirit of Water - I call to you to let my emotions flow freely.

1. Begin going down the list of names and writing sweet, gratitude-filled messages (or letters) to those you care about. A simple – “I just wanted you to know I was thinking of you!” – works just fine. If you are writing letters, express your heart to the person you’re writing to!
    If you are writing letters to your ancestors, feel free to burn them or place them in a safe place.

2. After you have sent your messages, ground yourself and reflect on how giving gratitude freely feels. Sit in this space of reflection for as long as you need.

3. If your candle did not burn all the way down, keep it and light it when you need to express your gratitude again.

4. Close your sacred space and move through your day!

Image Source

So here I am, Spells8 – friends, family, and new acquaintances – thank you for being here. Thank you for sharing your knowledge, wisdom, energy, and caring compassion with myself and everyone else here. Without you, this place wouldn’t be what it is!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I truly care for all of you from the bottom of my heart!

14 Likes

That’s so beautiful :rose: @MeganB
Thank you so much!
I’m writing this one in my little book! :open_book:

With love :heart: and gratitude :pray: always

P.S. I’m so thankful for you!

6 Likes

Solar Magic Challenge Entry

For this challenge, I did 2 things.
I set up a morning ritual to give gratitude to the sun.
I take a few minutes each morning, to look towards the sun and give gratitude for all it supplies us.

I also charged an amulet with the sun’s energy and my intention to use for some work I am doing.

Potion Making Challenge Entry

For this challenge I created a pillow spray for a dreaming ritual I am doing during the Mercury retrograde. I use it for the nightly meditation and routine I am doing.

For the potion - I mixed some essential oils that are good for relaxing and calming. I added water and vodka and put them into a spray bottle. Considering I don’t like many spells, I actually liked this one. :laughing:

8 Likes

Jessica,

I enjoyed reading your weekly witchy challenge. I have been trying to study all aspects of the Moon. Through astrology, through my tarot cards ,just many different ways and there’s so much to learn. Your information you put out there and in that book will really help me to increase my knowledge. I thank you for that.

Blessed Be
Medea

7 Likes

Challenge Entry

I’m not sure if this falls under ‘Creative Crafting’ or ‘Your Magickal Roots’, because it’s technically both!

I get addicted to the idea of buying shiny new things for my spiritual explorations, but I also like making use of what I have. My daughter has a tub of natural air dry clay that needs to be used, and I had the thought to make a little pentacle disk for rituals and spells.

I was going to do a simple pentacle with a circle, but then I thought to add Elder Futhark runes as I’ve seen done in a few places. This is because I’m on a path that involves both Wicca and Norse practices.

This got me thinking… I’ve gone in circles since 2016 with my spirituality. I had dabbled with Witchcraft just over a decade beforehand, and had started my interest in Wicca. I’ve been ‘witchy’ my entire life but never went very deep with it. I was born and raised Mormon, and went through some revelations just before leaving that religion that left me traumatized. That leaked into an aversion toward practicing Wicca. So I started circling around in about half a dozen other paths.

Long story short, after 6 years I found myself with enough knowledge and understanding across many spiritual paths and religions, that I am now looking at Wicca with fresh eyes.

Also, my first serious experience with deity outside of Mormonism was the Norse pantheon. It connects with my ancestry quite heavily. It was originally started with just reading some of the stories, and it led to synchronicities that directed me toward Asatru / Heathenry. This was also started in 2016. I was drawn to working with the runes about a year before that.

Now I have circled back around to both of these paths, and I’m making my own path from them. So I felt that crafting this altar item would be a symbolic honoring of my journey and my ancestors.

“A person travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it.” - George Moore

(I followed the three Aetts for the order of the runes clockwise around the circle. I used @Susurrus ’s post here for reference, as well as this post off-site.)

I will be painting the disk with a brown wash after it’s completely dry. I also plan on studying the runes again to deepen my path.

Edit: my daughter has offered to paint the disk, which is perfect as we share a similar path!

11 Likes

This is so sweet!! I am definitely thankful for you!

7 Likes

That is a great disk! Thank you for sharing your journey.

8 Likes

Thank you @Phoenix_Rose :heart:

8 Likes

Oh, how I love the catch-up challenges!! :heart: :heart_eyes:
One of the challenges that I wanted to do and didn’t have enough time for was the Wholesome Hearts challenge: ❤️‍🩹 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Wholesome Healers
As a Reiki master for the past 16 years, healing is one of the most important things that I do. What’s been so great about becoming a part of this beloved community, (I just had my one-year anniversary with spells8 a couple of weeks ago- yay! :birthday:) is incorporating my new knowledge into every area of my life. One of the Reiki modalities that I practice is Crystal Reiki, and I love the combination of crystals with Reiki. I feel like it’s amped-up the healing tremendously. Since becoming a member of Infinite Roots, I have incorporated the elements into my Reiki practice, and it has added a level of strength, depth, and wholeness to my sessions that I never imagined!! :heart: :sparkles:

10 Likes

Challenge entry - Cat Magick and Dragon Magick

I am running out of time for a detailed post but want to ensure I get my entry in on time.

I did the Sound Healing for CATS with Donut and we made it about 40 minutes before he got bored :smiley: but we both enjoyed it. It was interesting to see how relaxed he was during the meditation. I loved the cat purrs from both the meditation and Donut.

I also did a dragon tarot spread that I really enjoyed. It was the largest spread I’ve done to date.

And just for fun, I found my dragon magickal name
which is Libeshi.

Enjoyed this one even if I only had a few days to do it, rest of the week I was out of town.

11 Likes

The other challenge that I did this week (today, actually) was the Deities of the Moon challenge: 👰 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Deities of the Moon
For obvious reasons, I do my moon spells on Mondays. I have always been close to Artemis, and I often play the devotionals on spells8 for Diana/Artemis. https://spells8.com/wiccan-devotional/ https://spells8.com/artemis-devotional/
I have a very cool Artemis candle that I got on Etsy, and I light it on Mondays while I watch the devotionals (and sing along…badly :rofl:) and write a petition to Artemis on my chalkboard. I add mugwort (Artemisia) and corresponding crystals and do a tea or coffee blessing as well. I know most people dread Mondays, but they’re actually my favorite day of the week, as they always make me feel closer to Diana/Artemis and Selene. :heart: :first_quarter_moon_with_face: :full_moon: :last_quarter_moon_with_face: :heart: :sparkles:

10 Likes

Thank you @MeganB :heart: . I truly care about you and everyone on Spells8 too. That is a really great gratitude spell.

:butterfly:

8 Likes

Wow your clay tile is amazing!! I so relate to your Norse ancestor path. I have viking roots and I’m interested in Asatru and Heathenry.
The design on your tile is Epic! I hope you don’t mind if I make one similar to it, or try to :wink:
Thank you very much for sharing your beautiful work
:butterfly:

7 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Catch Up Challenges are so exciting- it is a blast to see which challenges everyone chooses, and how they explore so many various aspects of magick! :star_struck: The talents of the coven really shone brightly again this week- thank you so much to everyone who joined in! :star2:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

EDIT: The award post is now up, you can visit it here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Props and Presents (Catch-Up) :clock5:

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :clock5::sparkles:

7 Likes

Thank you so much @Sarafeena_Sage , go for it! If you do I’d love to see. :heart:

7 Likes

@jessica72 – Those books look beautiful :heart_eyes: I love the blues on the cover lol I love your reflection on when you first started practicing and the connection you forged with the Moon Goddess :waning_gibbous_moon: Beautiful!

@Sarafeena_Sage – Aww I’m sure that little cactus :cactus: feels much more at home now!

@Wysteria_Norn – I love your passion! :tada: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I will admit that I don’t know too much about regular matter, dark matter, and dark energy but it seems like something worth exploring!

@marsha – Thank you for sharing that process with us :sun: I’m glad you have a method of banishing and healing that works for you.

And I’m thankful for you! :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@reiko – Hooray! :sun: Two challenge entries in the book for you! I really want to incorporate something like you do with looking toward the sun. Sometimes it just gets so hot here in Florida that I forget to even go outside! As for your potion (@Francisco – we don’t have a potion bottle emoji! lol) I think that’s fantastic!

@Melora_Fae – I think your pentacle disc is beautiful :heart_eyes: I really love how you made it more personal to your path and incorporated the runes around the outer edge of the circle. It looks awesome! I hope you share with us when it’s completely finished!

@Phoenix_Rose – And I’m thankful for you as well! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@BrightBear – One of these days I’ll get a Reiki session from you :sweat_smile: I’m glad you’ve been able to incorporate crystals into your reiki, too. I’m not too familiar with the practice itself but it sounds lovely! :bow_and_arrow: I’m glad someone likes Mondays lol couldn’t be me!

@Artemisia – Kitty purrs are the best! I’m surprised you were able to get your cat to sit still for that long :joy: My cat could never!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m glad you like it!

It was so nice to read through everyone’s challenge entries :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I learned some new things about a few of you and everyone got shiny new badges! :tada:

6 Likes

I somehow managed to totally miss the catch up challenge! I enjoyed reading through everyone’s entries though!

@Melora_Fae that is an amazing disk that you made & I’m happy that the Runes posts were able to help you with your entry & that your daughter is going to paint it for you! My son is learning about the Norse Pantheon, Asatru, and Heathenry… he is very in tune with that part of his path. He does a lot of reading too! :rofl: {Couldn’t get him to read in school, but this, he’s all over it}

I learned some new things & I always enjoy that part of the challenges.

I’m sorry that I don’t have enough time (or light while everyone is asleep) to answer to everyone’s entries & posts. I have read through them & everyone did a great job with their entries. :two_hearts:

5 Likes

This challenge has closed- but no worries! You can still respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, or you can visit Activities to find and join a current challenge.