šŸ•› Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

Thank you @Trixie_Thojrne!

6 Likes

For my next challenge entry, I chose to do :busts_in_silhouette: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Freedom in Forgiveness

Iā€™ve been meaning to write a ā€œF*** Youā€ letter for quite some time, and though this might not seem like forgiveness, I think it is. Hereā€™s why - for me, forgiveness is just as much about closure as it is letting go and moving on. In this case, the person the letter is addressed to has cut contact with me for their own personal reasons. I donā€™t believe I did anything wrong and the communication on their part was non-existent. So, long story short, I have no closure and this person really hurt me.

I wrote them a letter with everything I feel, everything I wish I could say to them, and then burned the letter in my cauldron.

I feel a bit better today ā€“ I did this last night ā€“ but I will probably have to do it again in the future because this is a bigger issue than one letter can address.

12 Likes

Thank you @Susurrus. I hope my cousin will get the help he needs. Maybe if the atmosphere surrounding our visit is right, then he will.

8 Likes

Oh @MeganB I saw your photo and knew before reading your entry what you were doing. I have experienced the forgiveness through closure you describe, and have also found peace in the ritual burning of a letter to the person who caused the pain. I feel for you and admire the lengths to which you are going to forgive. I think youā€™re right that future burnings may need to occur. We tend to hold onto these hurts as a means of protection and they come back to haunt usā€¦at least they do for me. Burn baby burn! :heartbeat:

9 Likes

You have done a great job @MeganB! :hugs: I am sorry for how much you got hurt, loveā€¦I think you chose to forgive that person, itself shows how big your heart is! :face_holding_back_tears: And yes go ahead and do this whenever you feel likeā€¦I too have a few things on my list that needs to be burnt in my cauldron as I banish their presence from my Heart. To be honest, my heart is as wounded as the damage a hundred bullets would do. I plan on removing these bleeding wounds one by one, very slowly! But I must say I will need some extraa blessings from my lovely friends here! :blush: Your entry is so touching Megan, I feel you and guess what? I love you! :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: Blessed Be! :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

Challenge Entry #3 - Money Magick

Back in the spell jar challenge, I made my first true spell jar: a money jar. šŸ«™ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Spell Jars & Witch Bottles - #94 by Aurora_Hestia

Iā€™ve kept it on my altar and have been making a point to meditate on it, even for a minute, every day since to really make the intention and spell work. And money has been coming in unexpected ways this past week which has been amazing!

Last night, I modified the Snow Moon Spell to use in the shower after seeing it from the Spell a Day post to focus on more money magick (https://forum.spells8.com/t/spell-a-day-february-5)

We have remote lights in our bathroom that are multi-colored and I used it in place of the purple candle while I showered and followed the guided meditation. Afterwards, I journaled everything I felt from the meditation and felt all warm and content from it. I couldnā€™t see the full moon as it was cloudy, but it still felt powerful and it also got rid of a pesky headache.

One of my biggest goals this year is to find financial stability so this is an area I plan to keep growing with and practicing!

11 Likes

Challenge Entry

Of Spells and Strings :yarn:

For my third and final challenge, I started a new embroidery. This one is more beginner friendly. As in, there isnā€™t a lot of yarn for the different shadings of the leaves, stems and flowers. Iā€™m glad because threading a needle is one of the hardest tasks to do. :sweat: Itā€™s not finished, but I have had to do it when my cats are asleep. :laughing:

10 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge- #1 for Amethyst

Iā€™m going for the Spell Mechanic badge here. Donā€™t know if Iā€™ll have the time or energy to catch the others up, weā€™ll see.

But for this one, I realized that I adjusted the Imbolc Spell from here on site and thought Iā€™d share that. For one thing, I canā€™t stand sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds. So I got some whole pecans. Thatā€™s a seed!

Iā€™m also not allowed to put any kind of food outside here at the apartments so I put all my pecans on my little altar overnight before disposing of them. It was a nice ritual, I donā€™t think I changed too much.

So thatā€™s me for this badge! I may try to get the weather one too if I can think up anything today. Cheers!

8 Likes

Challenge Entry: Catch-Up
Brews & Potions - Potion Brewer

Again with the synchronicity awesomeness! I originally intended to do only 1 challenge because Iā€™ve been busyā€¦ 2 of the things I was already planning to do are actually on the list.

With this full Snow Moon, I made moon water. I made multiple containers. The one with a spigot is filtered so itā€™s drinkable. I will put some in all the beverages I drink. Only a bit so I can make it last until the next full moon when I can replenish it. The huge jug is my utility moon water. I am using it to water my plants, soak a cloth fo baths & showers, & for whatever else presents itself. I used the moon water instructions from the printable pages :heart: I will be putting full moon pictures on them once I put my hands on where I put my modgepodge

11 Likes

Challenge Entry 2 - As Above, So Below
I have been doing a lot of shadow work lately with my craft as I forge a new path forward. I have been out of work for three years :face_with_peeking_eye: and I am trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. This journey has brought me closer to Goddess Aine, especially as I continually pull The Magician (ā€œI have all the tools to create my reality. The divine works through me.ā€ -Labyrinthos app). I have also had a long and tough journey with depression, anxiety, and OCD. For me what resonates the most at this time is ā€œas within, so withoutā€ as I continue to explore my wants and needs without letting inner turmoil overtake me and influence my life. I have been meditating, doing devotionals, and journaling (and faithfully taking my meds) so that my inner self is able to feel calm and in control. This way I can better influence and manifest what I want for my outer self.
For last nightā€™s full snow moon, I lit a purple candle, listened to the full moon meditation from Spells8, journaled, and did a crystal scrying while invoking Goddess Aine.

11 Likes

Challenge Entry 3 - Heed the Call of Crystals
I wasnā€™t sure if I would do a third catch-up challenge, but the opportunity fell into my lap via my husband. My birthday was on the 3rd and he bought me a rock tumbler kit. I was able to go through raw stones and pick which ones I wanted to tumble first, put them into the tumbler with the grit and water and begin the process. Over the course of this February moon, I will check on them and switch the grit out. It feels like a truly special gift to watch the stones go from their raw form to a tumbled appearance and I am so excited to use them in my craft.

9 Likes

My Challenge Entry #3 : Heed The Call Of Crystals :crystal_ball: (Crystal Collector)

So I gathered up all the crystals that I possess for this crystallized challenge! :wink: :sparkles: As for learning more about a few crystals I chose to learn deeply about my Howlite :white_heart: , Sodalite :blue_heart: and Malachite :green_heart: stones! :smiling_face: :dizzy: Although I knew about their basic properties, I found these lovely pins from Pinterest that helped to know a bit more about them! :innocent:

Imagesā€™ source - Pinterest

I cleansed all my stones afterwards in small bowls filled with water, I definitely did not immerse malachite for much long as it is not advisable! Then after all my crystals were cleansed and purified by the beautiful water I put them in, I charged them with Palo Santo incense smoke as I passed each one through it!

Now comes the favourite picture of mine for I am going to show off my little crystal collection! Haha! :joy: :innocent: :crystal_ball: This includes - blue topaz pendant, rainbow moonstone, labradorite & blue chalcedony rings, my seven chakra bracelet consisting - clear quartz, amethyst, citrine, carnelian, red jasper, lapis lazuli and green aventurine, chips! Then there is my aquamarine bracelet, some clear quartz and black tourmaline put separately out of the crystal heap in the center! :joy: :sparkles: My amethyst pendulum, a rose quartz tumbled stone and howlite, sodalite & malachite!!! Pheeww! :rofl: :blush:

At last I managed to make a flower of life crystal gridā€¦after I realized that one was already there in the middle of my altar cloth! :joy: :sweat_smile: Anyways, I went with the one I had madeā€¦:smiling_face:

Sooo The end of my 3rd entry too! And thank you to everyone who read till the end! :laughing: :hearts: There, I did it! All three challenges done in time! Haā€¦thank you Universe! :grin: :blush: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Blessed Be!
:hugs: :heart: :sparkles:

12 Likes

Challenge entry 2

Not sure if this falls into the astrology or numerology category

If have an interest in the planets and beleive they have a big influence on our lives. I was aware of what they had control over having worked with astrology for the past few years. I therefore looked for a way to utilise this into my work. I came across the planetary magic squares . Each square is a set of numbers arranged in a way that corresponds to numerals linked to each planet.

This evening i visited my grandmother in.a care home and it struck me how weak she has become. I wanted to utilise the power of the sun to provide her with healing and strength.

I started with an intention and recorded what came to mind, including the little doodles:

I simplified this to a message that could be translated to a sigilā€¦HEAL NANA (my name for her). I used standard numerology to convert this to numbers:

I used the suns magic square to create the sigil with the dot marking the beginning and the line marking the end.

After getting the sigil i burned it onto a wooden disc with my pyrography tool

Now i have the sigil that i can carry and leave with her next time i see her. I have asked my deities also to bless this and for their assistance in their healing.

Blessed be

14 Likes

This is absolutely lovely! Great job! I love this! :heart_eyes::black_heart::white_heart::heart: Sorry for all the exclamations lol

7 Likes

Challenge Entry: Catch-Up
All About Runes - Rune Reader

One of the very first witchy-type apps I downloaded was Runic Formulas . My love language is cooking so I like to inscribe useful runes on the bottom of dishes before I put the food in. Other than that, Iā€™ve not worked much with them.

Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve bothered with nail polish. Iā€™m very rough on my hands & not at all mindful so it doesnā€™t usually last long. I found a bottle of my favorite color while clearing out an old purse and decided what the heckā€¦ Why not? The second the last nail dried I thought, ugh! I could have put runes on my nails before I painted them!!! (Always the way, right?) So now Iā€™ve waited till they were messed up & removed the color. The app says anything on your left hand addresses your self & anything on the right address others. I went through the list on the printable page from All About Runes & found things that I needed to target how I handle myself & how I handle myself with others. Ignore the shakes on my right nails. Iā€™m not ambidextrous by any stretch of the definition lol. Iā€™ll add another cost when I get time (which may be never lol yay mommyhood! :heart:)

14 Likes

Oh I love this! Such a cool idea. Very very nice! :heart_eyes::sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

Thank you so much. Im glad you liked it. There is a difderent number square for each planet so you use which ever planet best suits yiur needs

6 Likes

@Garnet Iā€™m right there with ya on the 853,368 I have to catch up on. :rofl: Your Moon prose is beautiful. I am drawn to her as well.

@Susurrus aaaallllll of them? #goals (insert Wayneā€™s World ā€˜Weā€™re no worthy!ā€™ adulation)

@Kasandra I really need to do that. Would you mind sharing the link for that video?

@jan_TheGreenWitch those teas are GORGEOUS :heart_eyes:

@Mistress_Of_Herbs doctors arenā€™t as careful as you are! You are a lovely soul.

11 Likes

For my third entry, I am going to answer the journal prompts from the :watch: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Itā€™s Time for Time Magick. I was at a loss for what to do next and, being low on spoons this evening, I figured this would be a good practice for journaling and thinking about what I want or what I know.

ā†’ If you could live forever in your current body and mind, would you?

Ya know, Iā€™m not sure I would. There is a lot going on with my physical body that I would rather change. I think if I was going to live forever I would prefer to live in a more physically-able or capable body. But then on the other hand, if I had this body forever, I could spend my free time honing my skills, healing my body, and getting stronger. Itā€™s a double-edged sword, I suppose, because thereā€™s an answer for both options!

In another line of thinking, it would also give me time to come to terms with some limiting beliefs I have about my physical body. I have some very questionable self-esteem and beliefs about myself - yes, Iā€™m going to therapy - that I would be able to work on if I had this body forever. I guess it also brings up the question of would I even want to live forever? I think I would only want to live forever under very specific circumstances :laughing:

ā†’ What would you do if you could stop time in the physical world?

I have follow-up questions! :joy: When I stop time, does everything around me stop? Does the aging process stop? Is it just like Piperā€™s power in Charmed where she literally stops everything around her? If I could stop time and all the processes that come with time, Iā€™m not sure what I would doā€¦ :thinking: Honestly, the only answer I can come up with is spend more quality time with my loved ones. Having a child has shown me how fickle and quickly time moves when youā€™re not watching every single second. If I could get some of the time back that I missed? Oh man, that would be wonderful.

ā†’ Would you do things differently if you had endless time? What if you had significantly less time left available to you?

I think my answer for both of these questions includes doing more of what I enjoy, but for different reasons. If I had endless time, I run the risk of getting bored, especially if I continue every single day like it is right now. Wake up, caffeinate, work, homeschool, dinner, repeat, etc. I would want to split that up into more things that bring me joy - not that those things donā€™t, but endless time doing the same things on repeat make for a boring life!

Then if I had significantly less time, I would want to do more of what I love because thereā€™s no point in living your last days/months/etc. being miserable doing things youā€™d rather not do. I would also be sure to spend as much time with my loved ones as I could, tell the people I care about that I love them, and live every second with gratitude.

ā†’ How has time impacted or influenced how you practice?

This is a more difficult question to answer. Before I had a family, before I had a child, I felt like I had all the time in the world. It was okay to stay up late to get a ritual done because I could. Now that I have way more going on in my life - and this is over the span of 10+ years lol - Iā€™ve come to realize that there are ways to sneak in a few seconds or minutes of magic or my practice in a day. Iā€™ve also really started to enjoy the little moments, the small simple spells, and the magic that I can incorporate in my daily activities.

I always end up thinking of time as a liminal space in my life. We either have too much or not enough, never an amount thatā€™s just right. Itā€™s constantly moving forward, so we think, but we never know where weā€™re going. Each second we experience has never been experienced before, and thereā€™s magic in that newness!

12 Likes

WWC Catch-up Entry #1

Dealing with the Divine- Deific Witch

I was inspired by the yarn dolls Iā€™ve seen in the forum so I had to take a try at it myselfā€¦

I absolutely love them! After I made Brigid I made Freyja and Gaia! Thatā€™s a shield in Freyjaā€™s hand, it didnā€™t turn out as well as I had hoped :woman_shrugging: Iā€™ve cleansed and blessed them. Iā€™m sure Iā€™m going to make more!

:butterfly:

14 Likes