šŸ•’ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE ~ Catch-Up!

:hugs: :heart: :sparkles:

Ha! That is a bit ironic, isnā€™t it? :joy:

I suppose burnout tea time can sweep away the pressure (are we still allowed to use broom puns? No? :joy:), leaving us fully charged and ready to go for some witchy challenges! :muscle: :laughing: :sparkles:

That made me smile- your enthusiasm is contagious in the best way! :heart: :blush: Have fun, Nixi- I canā€™t wait to see which challenges you choose to do! :star2:

18 Likes

2 picked :partying_face: :laughing:

16 Likes

:thinking: what will Loki choose. :grin: Maybe the divine masculine? Fits well with my demon besties. :partying_face:

17 Likes

17 picked, here. Not allowed. Drat! I was so ready! Poor @BryWisteria! Iā€™m the reason she put up the limit!:grin::grin::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::person_getting_massage::person_getting_massage: Seriously, though, it is nice to have somewhere to share my lifeā€™s work with people who might actually use what Iā€™ve been working on or collecting. Iā€™ll be posting my books of shadows along the way.

We have to work on these?!? Nah! Too much fun! But I also have things Iā€™ve been craftingā€¦ Letā€™s see, witch ones?

Challenge Entry:
spell-jars-witch-bottles

The intent was to hang elemental bottles on each wall around my altar. That would make my entire room an altar. I like working that way, feeling like the elements surround me, so I usually hang all kinds of stuff together- from garlands to stars and icicles. One year, I had keys- Iā€™d like to reconstruct that with winged keys, soon. It creates a fantasy feeling, overall.

Which reminds me, I used to have a full set of plastic icicles coated in glitter. They looked like unicorn horns. When I moved, I lost them all. Some of them are no longer available in stores, here. Would any of you have something similar in blue or green? All I need is two of each, and Iā€™ll pay for them and shipping. I have an abundance of red, gold, silver, and opalescent, if anyone wants to trade.

Sorry for being so scattered blush Back to bottles.

Each element is included in each bottle in some way. Iā€™d read long ago that each element contains and uses all of the others, and I wondered what it would feel like to work with that form of energy. Logically, it seems confusing,but Iā€™ll try it.

Fire for each element is represented by LED fairy lights. I had purchased glow in the dark ā€œrocks,ā€ so I included one of each color in the main 4 elements.

Air is a set of ā€œwind bagsā€ reminiscent of Odysseusā€™ trip home after visiting Aeolus. This summer was fantastic for such an endeavour because we had the rare experience of winds from each direction all in a week or two! For each bag, I chose a colored organza so the wind could flow through. I purposely prayed that it was not my intention to keep the wind from its work; I was merely asking the wind to blow through and leave behind a blessing I could use to explore and work with. I also included a bell in each bottle.

Earth will be represented by the sand. I just received delivery of the colors I need. Seeking my mini funnel.

Water is represented by mini bottles of oils. Iā€™d bought perfume oils along with the essential oils during my initial exploration of the internet, this spring. I usually use perfume oils for blessings, saving the essentials for health issues, but my health has been compromised this summer, so blessings and dedications have taken a back seat to returning to the best me I can be as a respectful offering.

Spirit is represented by a miniature book in each of the main 4 elements. I donā€™t have a black or white-covered mini book small enough to fit for Spirit or Shadow. The books are blank inside, representing the vast potential of knowledge and the way I used to dream of the Ancestor Stars contacting my people- by making their words appear on pages of our Sacred Book. I also added a pony bead of each color to represent creativity.

Shadow is represented by images of life. I purchased jewelry charms of various types- no alchemical symbols. Those have not been added yet, either, but I do have the ideas picked out. Angel or fairy for the life of Spirit, and dragon for the life of Shadow. Not sure which to use for Earth, yet. Turtle would honor the local Natives. Need to choose between peacock and swallow for Air. I think the swan is too big to fit. Salamander and dolphin for the others.

I was considering using a unicornā€™s horn in each bottle to honor my favorite teacher in my youth. If I did that, Iā€™d find ways of adding so much else that the bottles would be filled with extraneous stuff and thus harder to focus the energy! It is better to focus for now.

For the moment, the bottles are on my table, awaiting the final touches. That makes it easier to get a photo!

And Lights on

Each bottle has a strap for hanging. All I need to do is hammer in a nail or cup hook for each of these and save space for other decorating. Yeah, right! Wall space is at a premium around here! :grin:

17 Likes

A week off for me since I already have all the badges. Still donā€™t know how I managed to do that!

16 Likes

Yaaaaaaaaay! I didnā€™t realize it was catch-up time again so soon. Gotta pull out my spreadsheet and consult the handy dandy random number generator to pick my 3 challenges.
(Edit to add the three I picked)

16 Likes

Iā€™m going to choose the challenge -Consecration. I will tell you of my recent adventures with consecrating your magical items for use in ritual and altar sittings. I was very intimidated with consecrating the mass number of items on my altar. I thought that it would be a daunting task. Then last week I decided to- out of the blue consecrate my items. Just do them all together. Which for me Iā€™m surprised I decided to considering how worried I was about it. I followed the instructions in the lessons section for consecrating altar I believe?. I cleansed my area. Ring my :bell:. Cast my circles, call my quarters, and just went at it. It really didnā€™t take any time at all. I did almost all of the items. Thanked my quarters as I closed my circle. I have even added consecrating or recleaning items to other circle times. Before I begin . I want to come back and read everyoneā€™s later. Stuck at work all day. :heart::heart::heart:

15 Likes

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:woop woop! Yay! Catch up challenge. I swear i get days mixed up and keep thinking tuesday os wednesday and wait ( checking now and then) for the next challenge to be postedā€¦ then :joy:realise its only Tuesday :laughing:
But yay! Challenge posted and ill need to refigure out which ones still need to do. Lol my clean up of place n clearing clutter etc aloys been moved invluding my list of challenges still to do lol :woman_shrugging:not sure where that is lol oh well i can just refigure out which still need to do n choose which to wotk on thid week im so excitedā€‹:grin:

15 Likes

Wonderful! I love it! :heart: :people_hugging::blush:

13 Likes

I think Iā€™m going to start with sleep and dream magick! I sooo need :sleeping: :zzz:
If I have time, Iā€™d like to do more!

14 Likes

Yayyy! Iā€™m new here and didnā€™t know this was a thing! Iā€™m so excited because I was really bummed about missing the besom challenge. And now Iā€™m even more excited looking at all these other cool challenges I can try my hand out!

15 Likes

Oooh that sounds like a good one that would be really helpful to me too! Glad you pointed that one out!

15 Likes

Challenge Entry for Handcrafting - Handy Witch

So Iā€™m working on altar plates for me & Sunny and Iā€™m currently working on this design in my Silhouette Studio so I can cut it out in vinyl on my Cameo and apply it to a round glass trivet.

Ignore the colors, I have it that way so I can make sure I have all the strays cleaned up before cutting.

If this ends up being to intricate I think we may go with something simpler but I think it will work.

19 Likes

Challenge Entry (I think) for Scrub-a-dub, Magic in the tub

Can I use a previous post for a challenge?

If so Iā€™d like to use this one:

Witchy Shower Steamers

Wasnā€™t sure exactly how the catch up thingy works

16 Likes

Hahaha this made me smile- I absolutely love your enthusiasm for the challenges, Georgia! :heart: :hugs: :sparkles:

And look at those beautiful elemental bottles- so shiny! :star_struck:

A round of applause for you, Kasandra- collecting all of the badges is a very impressive feat! :partying_face: Enjoy your week off (or feel free to delve back into a favorite topic- all challenge badges can be earned multiple times :wink:)

That is really sweet- Iā€™m glad you like the challenges so much, Phoenix! :hugs: :heart:

Youā€™re very welcome here, Bumblebee! :heart: And yes! Catch-Ups happen every ten challenges (approximately every two and a half months). Feel free to jump into any themes that call to you- happy challenging! :blush:

Apologies, but challenges ask that magick/work/crafting/research/collecting resources or history to share is done during the week of the challenge- this is because the challenges are designed to encourage everyone to get more involved with their practices! :magic_wand: :grinning:

Your witchy shower steamers are absolutely wonderful and would indeed be a great way to explore the Scrub-a-dub challenge- perhaps you might share a new recipe (perhaps some other herb/flower combos one could use), craft another batch, or talk about the magickal theory behind the ingredients? These kinds of updates/additions would all count as an entry! :sparkles:

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask away! :heart: :blush:

17 Likes

No worries Bry, and thanks for clarifying, Iā€™ve not participated in a catch up before so this is good to know.

I will be making some this weekend so maybe Iā€™ll share pics of the process and use that as the entry.

16 Likes

I think the great thing about the challenges is it opens you up to more possibilities to practice in so many different ways. Not just getting stuck on a focused idea of what magickal practice can include but helps explore all of the aspects that can be involved, often some that might not even think about. Even if its not something choose to practice longterm or even thought of before and may after the challenge might decide to include in pravtice its exciting to explore all tje different things that can be a part of of a practice and even just giving it a go is great. Also the feeling of commubity as ppl share and explore each tooic together is awrsone esp as i practice alone and esp now my one friend of over 20 years moved away before got chance to catxh up or say goodbye this is now my only commubity that have a chance to share and explore tjis with and its great having thatconnection with others even through discussions and sharing ideas and practives with each other. And tje new challenges also appeal to my adhd sidešŸ˜†, love the new n exciting n trying new things n learning new stuff. Its like the challenges open up new possibilities of how to practice, gives you a chance to try out and share n see what others share and decide whether it was just fun experience to try or something would like to include in practice if not already doing so or also if is, its great way to ignite that interest further to go deeper into that topic morešŸ˜

16 Likes

YESā€¦It is finally here. I have so many that I have started and just before the deadline something comes up no excuses because most of them that 90% finished so this will be great for me! It bothers me so when I donā€™t get my changes in on time. If I miss another one, I donā€™t know Iā€™m going to have to go do something drastic. :scream:

15 Likes

Need an alibi?:grin::grin: LOL

14 Likes

Welp, time to get my spreadsheet out, too! :joy: I know I missed at least the last twoā€¦ :thinking: I might have an entry for each of them!

12 Likes