⏰ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch Up!

Thanks for thinking about me! I do have a couple of these tho.

8 Likes

Travel Witch I am sorry oops :speak_no_evil:
I apologize I thought it was all together! I thought it was for ones that I missed.
Jeannie

7 Likes

Your Pomanders sound gorgeous, @berta :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And I bet they bring back treasured memories of holidays with your mother- thank you so much for sharing this heartfelt recipe! And an extra thank you for sharing the helpful magickal properties and links too :tangerine:

This lovely spellwork fits the bill for a few different challenges (Kitchen Witchery, Thrifty Witch, Creative Crafting, Holidiay Cheer) so feel free to choose which title you’d like- whichever you choose, you earned it! :heart:

No worries at all, @Jeannie1! :blush: You are right- this is the chance to “make up” missed challenges. Your lovely thrifty find fits perfectly with challenge number 3 (Thrifty Witch)- so I am happy to award you that title! Well done :clap:

Have you had a chance to start on your Fairy Garden yet? I am sure it will come out lovely! :fairy::two_hearts:

7 Likes

Ooops, I sure learned a lesson tonight… do not try to brew potions when tired! It makes it hard to treat the ingredients with due respect… good thing the worst thing that happened was breathing some alcohol fumes… not as fun as it sounds! :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

@CelestiaMoon LOL… hope you get some good sleep…and no more huffing alcohol ! Will be interesting to find out what you were brewing!

7 Likes

This is both exciting and mentally exhausting at the same time. :crazy_face:

The day I joined the coven was the day “Trying Something New” was first posted. It’s challenge ended on the day I met a magical friend in person for the first time.

“Celestial Exploration” was going on when I self initiated into Wicca and casts my first spell as a witch.

“The Thrifty Witch” was going on when my wife and I filed for divorce.

“Dream Magick” ended on the day I accepted my new apartment.

“Kitchen Witchery” ended on the day I moved into it.

“Moon Magick” was going on both during the happiest weekend of my life and on one of the darkest nights of my life.

While not a Weekly Witchy Challenge, mrs’ “Self Love Challenge” took place when I was definitely doing the opposite of self love. :no_mouth:

“Inviting Abundance” saw me move back home.

During “Books, Tomes, and Tales” my wife and I decided to stay married. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I could go on but I will skip to “The Veil Between Worlds.” It was then that I found out I needed to let go of my magical friend - maybe until our next lives. But it was also then that my life turned around for the better.

I don’t want anyone to feel down. Both ups and downs happened during the time the Weekly Witchy Challenges have been going on. I have grown a lot and learned even more during all of this time. @BryWisteria and everyone that has participated in these challenges, your stories are markers in my story. Your successes and failures and times of learning and sharing all mark major points in my 2020. I wouldn’t be the person I am today without you.

The Weekly Witchy Challenges are a reminder that 2020 was an important year. There was a lot of loss and a lot of pain for many, if not most, of us. But there was also a growing connection between all of us in the coven because of these challenges. I am thankful for that.

So I don’t know which two I will choose to do this weekend but I know all of them remind me of why and how much I love Spells8.

9 Likes

Travel Witch ,
I got two tree stumps and I just need to find the roof for the garden! I would like to put some light in the garden and some furniture! It’s going to be so magical! I can’t wait then I am going to get my yoga swing and hang upside down from my tree. :evergreen_tree: Ill be able to see my fairy garden!

My pic in my living room, my husband found at a garage sale! Nice find :thinking: I think

Question is this page for all the challenges? I just got confused because I went to one of the sections I think it was the dream interpretation and said it was closed. I made a dream sachet.
I missed out, and been working all the time and trying to work with the little time I have.
Thanks for helping appreciate you Travel Witch so much! 🪢🧚‍♀️
Blessed be
Jeannie

8 Likes

Praecog29
This is so amazing did you record all the challenges? I went back through all of my mail and began to record dates. I didn’t want to forget neither. I got my calendar and marked what we did. I can appreciate your devotion. I thought I was the only person who did that! Only you were very specific on what was happening on that day! You give me inspiration to record better! So that is a very good quality to have. I love that you remember your day and details. Can you give me your routine? I wish I could remember what was happening during the times I did my challenges. I realized We are all going through something! I know you wrote this out to Travel Witch but It really touched me! I do appreciate your openness! I am very happy that your magical friend is there! And happy you both worked it out! Everyday I go to someone’s house and help people and everyone has there own story. I am so honored to be apart of everyone’s story and life! Thanks for sharing praecog29 you did so much! Good job :clap: I am so excited for you and your progress!
Jeannie

6 Likes

Dream Magic 5
I had a dream last night it was bad. Turns out I have a blockage in my life. I think it had something to do with my dream pillow.
The night before I did I little dream magic, I made a sachet and also stuffed my pillow with cedar wood chips, sandle wood, orange peel, lemon for new beginnings. I put lavender for calm, orange , mugwort for dreams , thyme to enhance my dreams. Also rose for the act of love during rest . And dragons blood for the spell to be enhanced! I just said a prayer that way I would have sweet dreams!
[image|666x500]
(upload://vLiKDkoobje2dwfZbL5oxLoxr3p.jpeg)

Blessed be
Jeannie

8 Likes

Wow… I think you have had more than just our simple WEEKLY CHALLENGE @praecog29 you have been living a reality of DAILY challenge. That’s a lot of stress to deal with in a short span of time… Unfortunately I know you are not alone - just with your own unique stressors. I hope you can look back on the posts and find some comforting self care… perhaps just indulge in a cup of tea or (soothing BEVERAGE OF YOUR CHOOSING) My sister gave me some really wonderful Hot Cocoa powder for Christmas. Glad you find comfort in our company. Hang tough. Trust in change and with your permission I will send prayers your way.

6 Likes

Thank you, @Jeannie1 and @berta. I don’t want to derail this thread but I did want to point out that with nearly every “milestone” the Spells8 community has discovered together, I’ve had a personal milestone happening at the same time. It’s wild to think about. Rest assured, I’m in the best place I’ve been in within the last few years. That, too, has been happening during these challenges.

I’m truly excited to take some of these challenges on and collect a couple more badges. I can’t help reflecting on my life’s journey over the last half of 2020 when I pick which ones to do, and maybe “mentally exhausting” were the wrong words to use, but I’m thankful for this wonderful group and the things we do to learn with each other and grow together. :grin:

6 Likes

:blush: Sounds good! @praecog29 Glad to know the road is smoothing out. Look forward to your posts.

6 Likes

I joined the coven around the time the Creative Crafting was going on. So with that I am going to join this catch up with that. I have been around but so busy hand blending Chakra oils with charged gemstones and doing research on which essential oils and gemstones go together. I have 5 of the seven main chakra oils completed. I also did chakra intention jars to go with these. Here are some pictures of what I have so far with my set up to start selling.

Each chakra oil and intention jar was charged during either the daily ritual that had the corresponding color for the candle and chakra or during the lunar ritual. Needless to say it ended up becoming all encompassing while I was snowed in for a few days and not able to drive to work. I have been keeping all the information and recipes in my Book of Mirrors so I can refer back to it when I need to.

I did miss everyone while I was away from the forum. I also was taking a step back from social media with what is going on here in the States. Interesting times we live in.

Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Crazy T,
I think this is work that came from within, the craft doesn’t happen over night! That’s determination girl! The bottles are beautiful and they are used through the lunar phases, which has a lot of inspiration and intentions! I have been collecting all my essential oil’s and soon I”ll have most ingredients! Definitely takes planning and being a super creative person to carry it all out! Awesome!
Jeannie
Blessed be

7 Likes

Dealing with the Divine
I really like Inanna I feel drawn to her most of all once Megan Black wrote poetry and made my soul feel blessed. I wanted to have her inner strength, and with her 7 powers I thought I could draw inward. She is a great mother & to me it sounds like the person I want to be like. For example being a good mom and being a nurturing mother. During the difficult times she holds my hands! Lifts up my heart :purple_heart: and helps me make good decisions! That’s exactly what I need so I copied Megan’s poem in my BOS and dedicated a page to Inanna! I found this pic online and helps me to understand her better. She went to the underworld, During this time it made me think of something I needed to do while I was still answering questions for my shadow work! She stands tall in front of a Lion :lion: who is her sacred animal! I always loved cats. Her life was restored after a fall and she went to the underworld. Something I do time to time. Her life was restored, it kinda reminds me of myself how my life is being restored and she came back to earth to claim her throne on earth! That’s my mission to be able to claim victory over my own personal demons.

Queen Inanna,
Goddess of Mesopotamian
:diamonds:Sex
:diamonds:Fertility
:diamonds:Justice
:diamonds:War

8 Likes

Your gem rollers are lovely! I bet they smell nice, too! Please let us know when you’re up and running for business :slight_smile:

6 Likes

During this waning crescent :waning_crescent_moon: I have taking the time to reflect not only on this past month but on the past year. As I posted above, this coven has been so awesome during the start of my journey of being a non-broom-closeted (Is that a word? :thinking:) witch. You also have been awesome while my life took twists and turns and finally stabilized. :pray:t4:

On Friday I bought a silver candle. Normally I would light this during a full moon :full_moon: but I think my Goddess will be okay with me lighting it this weekend to honor her for carrying me through. (Outside, recent link to Science Daily discussing, “Religion, psychology share methods for reducing distress, study finds”.)

Also, on my FB, I mentioned how I was able to let go of the past and move on to my present. I also thanked my friends on there, some of them including friends from here, for their support in getting me back to health. (By the way, if you send a request for friendship, send a message to me so I know who you are. And please, don’t talk to me about politics. :sweat_smile:)

I mention all of this because it would be an honor if I could have the Moon Witch badge given in the Moon Magick challenge. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Praecog29
I am glad you feel you are moving along with us cause that’s something to be proud of! For me I feel every thing helps me to find meaning in my life which helps me to engage with others in a healthy way! I have not felt connected in such a long period of time. Crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: cause last year my husband was working for a church and I think I believed in Christianity and know I believe in reincarnation. I am not as afraid of death as I was before. Everything has took a turn. Thanks for being her with me too while I have learned along side with you all. We all have milestones to be proud of! Thanks for pointing that out!
Jeannie

5 Likes

I chose to do the scrub a dub challenge because I love taking ritual showers for cleansing & protection. I used the rose, cinnamon, and rue by making the mixture on the stove, adding the herbs to 4 cups of water and letting it just come to a boil. Then I strain the herbs from the water & let it cool for 15 minutes before I go into the bathroom. I put Woke Nation on and lit a white candle in the bathroom while I took a regular shower. Then I tested the water that had been cooling and use a bath sponge to soak with water and squeeze the water from the sponge over myself until the water is gone. Then when it is all out of the bowl, I rinse the sponge until the water runs clear and get out of the shower. I pat myself dry and go to my room where I air dry and then start getting myself ready to get dressed. (I have lotions that I put on my face & feet & hands.)

I always feel great afterward and like I can take on anything that comes my way. This week should be a little less hectic, I only have 2 appointments. 1 is for my Botox for migraines and the other is one of my last counseling appointments. I’ve come a long way in a little over a year and it feels great to be here.

8 Likes

Krissie im so glad how far you have come in the last year and you are at a point in your life that your counseling sessions are ending. I as well have had counseling sessions in the past for anxiety and depression. It’s nice to know that the counseling is always there for us when we need it. Congrats honey on your accomplishments. Yippee!!!

5 Likes