⭕ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Circles in Magick

I thought it did after I had done my few redecorating things early on in my journey… but my children have said multiple times how awesome & comfy my room feels when they come in & then it was just kind of like… Wow… everyone in the house seems to feel the same energy that I do in here :revolving_hearts:

8 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate it!

Thank you, dearest!

7 Likes

Can you make a circle with just two points? :wink: Today’s women’s circle was just me and the facilitator, a very private occasion. Would have been lovely to see more intetest, and hear more stories, but this was lovely too, very intimate :relaxed: Sitting down in a darkened yoga studio with just the two of us and a cup of tea each, we didn’t even bother with the candles, it was perfect like that :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I also got a wonderful energy healing with chi, reiki and sound bowls :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I had so much on my heart that there was a physical barrier of tension over it, but we got it to melt away :sparkling_heart: My throat chakra was also beyond blocked. I let my body tremble, sing, moan, have a series of laughing fits, and I’m feeling free as a bird now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :bird:

6 Likes

Now that would be awesome :blush::heart:

10 Likes

Today i got my rune of the day notification from my rune app and it was Hagalaz.
I read the meaning and it was again a reminder of how even nature goes in cycles or circles of change. I screen shotted the meaning from app. Its called rune divination i think

I liked how it mentuoned about how it spoke of hail going to ice then water whixh shows a cycle in nature that can occur in seasons. It reminded me again that just like the circle that keeps going around and and around, cycles and seasons also never stay in one place. Even if i may feel times of constriction or darkness or feeling frozen, hope is there because jyst as in nature the sun will warm the earrh and the ice will melt, so will the light of the sun bribg light out of the darkness. And we are reborn with a new day a new chapter, a new opportunity.

13 Likes

Phoenix Fire :fire:
I like how you’re rune app for

Blockquote

I can agree sometimes life feels it’s going down like a divine punishment instead of looking at it like that try to get some perspective and in the way you can draw attention to it so I can learn from life lessons. We can use the tarot to interpret.
For my challenge I decided to pull a card. I protect my deck.I like a protective circle three times counterclockwise :arrows_counterclockwise:
With my left hand. Asking spirit to block and bind negative energy. Then I use my right hand :rightwards_hand: bringing in protection. Then I do many other things but for the purpose of this challenge I consider this to be a protective circle :o:
This circle is open and never broken!
In love in light and for my highest good :blush:

I have been dissatisfied with my choices in the past ! What inspiration can I bring for my future In regards to a brighter future?

Knight of Emotions
The Star :star:
Justice
The Chariot
5 Voices
5 Emotions
Hanged Muse
4 Materials
The significative card is the chariot which makes complete sense. I need to just push forward with that powerful horse, energy and call upon my power.My eagerness to push forward will give me inspiration to pushThe significative card is the chariot which makes complete sense. I need to just push forward with that powerful horse :racehorse: energy I am confident I have determination I believe in myself! This is my inspiration to move forward the solar plexes.
The chariot card.
Knight of emotions
Display intention
8 of Inspiration

There’s more opportunity than failures, and it is absolutely feels like flow!
4 of Materials
Is Reversed

Step into abundance!
5 Emotions
Getting over some grief could be helpful!

Feel into feelings

Thank you :blush: so much spirit for your guidance!
I am glad I protected myself before I went inward. I can understand why it is important to protect one’s self because being human can be so complex. I am dealing with raw emotions! I am reminded of the lite when I look at my candle :candle: I am passionate towards my spirit being guided through this journey and I am protected by the armor I reflect in the candle light! I
Jeannie

12 Likes

Oh dear, 5 of Emotions felt like a real callout to me… “becoming enamored of the shadow”, “it’s just so easy to feel numb and sterile”… I’ve been dreaming of deep waters, and been doing deep inner work. It feels safe to be in the middle of it all, in the 5, equally distant from a beginning and an end. Comfort in the continuing discomfort, surrendering uncomfortable choice to the perceived lack of power, that I’ve freely given away. “I’m in the middle of something here”, it’s an acceptable excuse. It feels like doing something, when I feel like doing nothing, a coping mechanism. It’s also a way to use up energy to perpetuate rest. To keep off from facing that uncomfortable something.

8 Likes

:grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation:

It’s time for a friendly reminder:

:exclamation: This challenge will soon close :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and haven’t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline:

February 14, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

Round and round and around again- I’m seeing so many ways to use circles in magick, each method as special as the one using it! :record_button: :sparkling_heart: It is really inspiring hearing how circles are being used in everyone’s practices- thank you so much to everyone who has jumped in and shared an entry so far :raised_hands:

If you haven’t already shared an entry but would like to join in, this is your friendly reminder that you still have a bit of time left to do so!

Blessed Be! :o::sparkles:

7 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge - Entry - Magickal Circles

Hello my fellow Witches. I have been living in chaos for the past couple of weeks and took a break from life. For me to put Spells 8 aside, that is a very strong indication I am Burned Out. I now am feeling much better and the first arena I am tackling to get back on track is…Spells 8. With that being said, I am looking forward to this challenge.
How do I use magickal circles in my practice? I will be incorporating Casting Circles with Magick. I has started to read the book by Scott Cunningham, Wicca, A Guide For The Solitary Practitioner and that is the first time I heard of Casting A Circle. In my opinion, this circle seems like excellent protection and something I would do every time.
“A magick circle is essentially a temporary sacred space that acts as an invisible boundary between the physical world and the magickal one. While it may be marked out physically, the boundary is a psychic one, made of energy. People who are sensitive to energy often say they are able to “feel” the circle psychically.”

There are many different types of Circles. This is where I will be starting, with the many Circles of Margick.

Blessed Be,
Medea Eleanor
(Still trying to decide)

11 Likes

My Challenge Entry :o: :sparkles:

Soo I guess I am a bit late here, but anyways, I decided to learn the circle casting properly this time with tools and calling the quarters! :innocent: :magic_wand: Soo, today I cast a circle around me in my sacred space, on my altar by reciting all the spell chants and gathering and setting up all the required tools for this ritual! I am sorry I couldn’t click a photo as I accidentally forgot to do that! :sweat_smile: I followed this :arrow_down: video from the spells8 collection

Later, as I had cast a ring of bright white light around myself, to protect me and enhance my magick…I performed a simple yet powerful ritual that I had been doing since 3 days now. Actually, I have started writing three positive affirmations for myself, on a daily basis, on bay leaves as I burn them down in my cauldron. Also a little extra touch from my side for this challenge, again! :joy: :blush: I had decided to draw all the four circular symbols/sigils of Wicca with an artistic hint! Obviously, I took ideas from Pinterest…:smiling_face: :sparkles: :art: Here, are my creations! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The Witch’s Pentacle :pentagram:

Hekate’s Wheel :wheel_of_dharma:

The Wheel Of The Year :sparkles:

The Solar Cross :sun:

Blessed be! :hugs: :sparkles: :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

Challenge Entry

First, I can NOT draw. The entries are all so beautiful. I can barely draw a straight line with a ruler!

I decided to create a sigil for my new witchy name: WidderShine
I used the Key of Sigils. There was no ‘W’ so I just double-looped the ‘U’. I’m pretty pleased with how it came out. Thinking I may have a stamp made

10 Likes

Challenge Entry

I spent a lot of time researching circles this week, trying to figure out what they meant for me. And I think I found a lot of my answers here in the why to cast a circle section:

"…there are distractions from the mundane world like your cat or phone ringing. Casting a circle delineates a space that is no longer rooted in the physical world. "

Unfortunately my monkey mind doesn’t register a cast circle as a barrier. It takes a lot more for my mind to block things out so this never helped me.

“…the circle isn’t just for the practioner. It’s also for the deities that are called into the circle.”

I haven’t worked with deities yet so this isn’t something that I worried about.

“Plus, it gives you, as the practitioner, more ability to concentrate the energy into a single focus thus using the power…”

Now this is something that did stick out to me as I struggle to focus on the energy, but I’ve always found myself drawn inward - as in focusing all of that energy internally, not externally. And after I read through @MeganB’s post on the inner temple, I realized that my inner temple has been a sacred space for me for a long time now (even before I really started practicing) and would be much better suited for any sort of circle.

I’m not sure how this will pan out in my practice as I have aphantasia, but I think I understand now why I stopped doing them now. (I did them when I first started and it never felt like it added anything to my magick.) I’m excited to see how I can apply them to my inner temple going forward, though!

Separately from casting circles, I have one tattoo (with the hope of getting more someday) that says “hope dies last” in a circle. I chose the circle because it represented harmony and balance for me along with the quote. Now I’m thinking of the ways we can add circles into our decor or some landscaping projects this summer!

13 Likes

This is such a beautiful poem :astonished: I am in love with the way you conveyed how I feel when I go through my depressive episodes. It’s always very difficult to find words to explain how I feel, but the cycles you’ve described remind me that just as I go through cycles, so does the Earth and everything around me :heart: Thank you for that!

I absolutely think so! Instead of two points, it’s two halves of a current whole :o: Even though it was just the two of you, I’m really glad to hear that you were able to have a good experience! It sounds like it was very healing :heart:

This is a beautiful deck, Jeannie! :heart_eyes: I can really tell that the answers you received were the ones that were meant for you. You’re right! Those raw emotions are there and a good protective circle and practice can help give you space to work through those :heart:

I’m reallly proud of you for taking the time away that you needed to recover from burnout. That’s not a fun place to be, and even though the things we enjoy may take a backseat when we’re healing, you’ve found your way back somewhere that you want to be :pray: :sparkles:

I hope you have fun and enjoy your research on the many different types of circles in magick!

Your magick circle experience sounds like it was just what you needed! I really like how you’ve added in the affirmations and the drawings. It really brings your personality to the post as well as your practice!

I think you did a fine job drawing your sigil! :clap: It looks great – Having it made into a stamp would be really awesome!

Oh, I’m so glad to have inspired something within you! I’m the same way - I’m more drawn inward because it’s how I try to calm the monkey brain I have :laughing: so far the Inner Temple seems to be a really great part of my personal practice. I hope it’s the same with you!

11 Likes

I love this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
We really had a healing experience, both of us :revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

Your words contain much wisdom and beauty @Phoenix_Fire, the kind that shines through to another soul that’s been to that darkness and back :rose: :black_heart:

9 Likes

WWC Circles in Magick Entry

Well…Circles… I didn’t really know what to do for this challenge so I do what I love to do most, I did some crafts!

My Oak wood pentagram tile is finally done! I was worried I would mess it up but it turned out good. I’m trying to decide what sealer I want to put on it and then it will be complete :pentacle_tarot:

I had another wood burning project that has circles… My tarot card holder.

I put a pentacle on the bottom to protect my readings.

Here’s the holder with cards in it…

It needs a coat of sealer too but I’m already using it :wink:

As far as setting up a circle for spell work, I do sometimes. I forget sometimes too. If I feel I need extra protection I use a circle.

Does this ever happen to anyone else… When calling the quarters do any of you guys mess up and say Guardians of the Galaxy??? LOL :rofl:instead of Guardians of the Watchtower? Just wondering cause it has happened to me several times :grimacing: :flushed: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:butterfly:

15 Likes

Challenge Entry

Well, I guess firstly, I contemplated the direction I move the energy when I’m casting a circle.

I realized that sometimes I am the clock, and sometimes I am standing in the middle of the clock. This simply changes the visualization but I have learned that I am always going clockwise. (Thank you)

If I am looking to protect or support myself, I will surround myself with light, love and protection, and when I am doing this, I am the clock. And I encircle my body and it is visualized as a slightly elongated circle (oval) but not quite oval just not a perfect sphere.

When I am looking to do some magic or a meditation, I cast a circle and I visualize I am in the middle of the clock. I don’t know why I make this change but I do. I have noticed that I cast two dimensional circles when I am doing this. Now I am very conscious of making the circle all around me when I am casting a circle.

Spheres are the strongest shape in nature and it makes sense to put myself in a sphere when I am working with energies.

I have tried turning the energy counter clockwise around myself and I felt the energy waning. I note that because I have encircled myself more than casting on the floor for a spell, the circles around me are stronger. When I undo a circle I have cast for a spell, I don’t notice the same energy shift or waning. So either I will cast a circle more often or I will start to encircle myself for spells instead. I will be experimenting over time with both methods as I am curious.

I am also going to try out different colours to encircle myself. Maybe based on the spell or my feelings or my intuition. Regardless, I will always bring in the highest white or golden light as well.

I have encircled my boys with different colours to help them find healing and self love. But because surrounding a body is less circular I wasn’t thinking of it as circle magic. But it is.

Also, I was thinking of circles, the wheel of the year, the wheel of fortune, of cycles, no endings or beginnings. How did the circle begin, was it linear before it started to roll into itself? Or did it just magically appear as a shape. It seems to me to be a representation of “this too shall pass”. Circles show us that endings and beginnings happen continuously. The good times will end, and so too will the bad and this will change again.

Thank you. Blessed be.

13 Likes

When I do a circle of protection for myself, i think of a point above the crown of my head with energy flowing down all around me like an umbrella, kind of like those umbrella- shaped water fountains you see in water parks. I visualize it as continuing to the ground to form a sphere with me and tools in the center. Kind of like Glenda the good witch’s sparkly bubble in the Wizard of Oz. So, I guess mine is up and down rather than left to right…but I’m not sure thats the “correct way.”

9 Likes

Challenge Entry: Circles in Magick

I have to admit I don’t really have a solid circle casting ritual. I tend to visualize most of it but thought I’d give it a while to write up a more formal one.

1. Set up sacred space by clearing the area and arranging any altar tools or offerings to use.
  2. Begin by facing the east and lighting a white candle, saying: “Hail, Artemis, goddess of the hunt and wild places, protector of women and children, hear my call and join me in this circle.”
  3. Move to the south and light a red candle, saying: “Hail, Artemis, fierce warrior and guardian of the hearth, bless this circle with your strength and courage.”
  4. Move to the west and light a blue candle, saying: “Hail, Artemis, lady of the moon and the tides, guide us through the waters of life and protect us from harm.”
  5. Move to the north and light a green candle, saying: “Hail, Artemis, goddess of the earth and the wild creatures that dwell therein, bless this circle with your abundance and fertility.”
  6. Return to the center of the circle and stand with arms raised, saying: “Artemis, mighty goddess, I invite you to join me in this circle, to lend your wisdom and strength to our workings. May this space be blessed with your presence and protected by your grace. So mote it be.”
  7. Spend some time meditating or working magick within the circle, honoring Artemis and any other deities or spirits you wish to invite.
  8. When finished, thank Artemis for her presence and guidance, and extinguish the candles in reverse order (north, west, south, east).
  9. Open the circle by thanking any other spirits or deities invoked, and saying: “By the power of Artemis and the magic of this circle, may all that we have done here be for the highest good of all. The circle is open but never broken. Merry meet, merry part, and merry meet again.”

Another option would be:
2. Begin by facing the east and holding a bow and arrow in your hands, saying: “Hail, Artemis, goddess of the hunt and wild places, hear my call and join me in this circle. With this bow and arrow, I honor your skill and your grace.”
3. Move to the south and hold up a torch, saying: “Hail, Artemis, fierce warrior and guardian of the hearth, bless this circle with your light and your protection.”
4. Move to the west and hold up a silver chalice filled with water, saying: "Hail, Artemis, lady of the moon and the tides, bless this circle with your cleansing and healing power.
5. Move to the north and hold up a green branch or plant, saying: “Hail, Artemis, goddess of the earth and the wild creatures that dwell therein, bless this circle with your fertility and your bounty.”
8. When you are finished, thank Artemis for her presence and guidance, and return the bow and arrow, torch, chalice, and green branch to their respective directions.
With 1,6,7 and 9 remaining the same

:full_moon: :herb: :deer: :bow_and_arrow:

13 Likes

Yes @MeganB :hugs: I did have a loovely and magickal time casting my first circle along with calling the quarters! :innocent: I am very grateful and happy that you find my drawings suitable for this challenge…thank youu! :blush: :smiling_face: :kissing_heart:
Much Love & Light to youu! :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes