šŸ‘° Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Deities of the Moon

Thank you. I normally have more out but Iā€™m in between living spaces. When I find a place to settle in, Iā€™ll set up a new altar. Simple is perfect for me, though. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

@praecog29 I know youā€™re anxious to have a bigger space though. Thatā€™s how I feel having to downsize mine for the time being. That altar cloth is beautiful. I always start out expecting my altar to be simple but it always winds up kinda busy looking :woman_shrugging:t3:

9 Likes

Kassandra,
I like how you blessed your key!
So mote it be !:heart::black_heart::heart:
Blessed be!
Jeannie

8 Likes

This week was strangely difficult for me, Iā€™ve been having problems with sleeping too much and wasnā€™t awake for most of the full moon. Normally Iā€™m more awake. Oh well, that happens.

So today I did Artemisā€™ Gratitude Devotional and it was good. I love Joyā€™s voice. But that was rather short so I also listened to Dianaā€™s Worship Song, which was beautiful. Really nice and got me choked up. No matter what, the Moon is there watching over me. Thatā€™s something nice to think about.

9 Likes

@Amethyst I had problems sleeping too much as well. Still kinda having trouble with it. Usually full moons bring out the insomniac in me but not this one. Even my husband thought it strange. Hopefully itā€™ll level back out soon :woman_shrugging:t3:

7 Likes

Beautiful Buck Moon spellwork, @Christina4- it sounds like you had a magickal time watching the moon rise! :full_moon:

I hope you had a lovely ritual with your friend, @praecog29! Thanks for the warm wishes- wishing the same back to you! Hope you had a blessed time :sparkling_heart:

It sounds like you had a lovely time @Abs53! Hope you enjoyed a very blessed full moon :two_hearts:

Congrats on the positive energy, @Jewitch- it sounds like you slept under the moon with Seleneā€™s blessing and care. May both She and Hecate continue to watch over you! :full_moon: :new_moon:

You are very welcome @mary25- thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures and lovely spellwork! The candle came out stunning- you have a talent for candle decoration :candle: :heart:

You have a truly blessed bond with the moon, @steph- thanks for sharing your experience. As for the lovely crystals you found, Iā€™m no expert- maybe try putting close-up pictures of them into the Crystal Identifier? :gem: May the moonā€™s light and Scathachā€™s wisdom continue to watch over you :pray:

Lovely tarot and crystal work, @phoenix_dawn! You took some very nice pictures too- may Selene watch over you :full_moon:

Thatā€™s a beautiful reflection @Garnet- thank you very much for sharing your thoughts and wisdom :pray:

Bravo on the moon oil, @Wasantha- great job! :sparkles:

It sounds like you had a peaceful Buck Moon ritual @Jeannie1- glad you enjoyed it and were able to spend quality time with your Oracle Deck :flower_playing_cards: Such beautiful pictures too- thanks for sharing!

Thanks again for your lovely challenge entry @IrisW- your work with Hekate was beautiful to read :old_key:

Sorry about the wick troubles, but it sounds like your determination paid off- great job with the Prayer Chant, @Kasandra! May your necklace carry Hekateā€™s blessing :pray:

Thanks again for sharing your challenge entry, @NickWick- nicely done! :heart:

I hope your sleeping pattern falls back to normal soon, @Amethyst- oversleeping or undersleeping can really mess with your inner clock. Rest well and know that the moon is indeed watching over you :full_moon: :heart:

12 Likes

Itā€™s friendly reminder time!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: July 27th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend and a magickal full moon. Blessed be! :bride_with_veil: :full_moon:

7 Likes

Amethyst,
The moon is glistering over you with light!
I did the same thing today! I just made an offering to Hecate with a recipe that turned out well. I just listened to a chant for Hecate and that was wonderful in its self!
I have lots of fun just listening to music and cooking!
You should try this Recipe!
Dianaā€™s chant! :+1::grin:
Way to go!

The recipe was Garlic :garlic: Chicken Alfredo
Melt Garlic butter seasoned with Parmesan and basil!
Diced mushrooms little Pieces
Bacon cut into little pieces
1 bunch of Spinach in little pieces
Chicken breast in little pieces 2lbs
2jars of Alfredo sauce
Bag of Penne RigateIn Riched macaroni product
I thought this would be a great opportunity to cook with garlic since itā€™s the main ingredient!
Garlic purifies, protects, and activates, and is healing.
Later on, I decided to commit to my course.
I lit my candle to activate my intention for this course which is to stay focused and committed and disciplined. Written by Cyndi Brannen
ā€œMay my intellect work to realize this intentionā€ ā€œMay my emotions work to realize this intentionā€ ā€œI release this intention into your hands mighty Hecate made you guide my thoughts feelings and actions so I manifest my desired outcomeā€ bye, Cyndi Brannen
I added
Amethyst- Third Eye
Cedar- Good for invocations
Mugwort -Health, power, protection
Black coal to burn mugwort
Black candle lite
I extinguished and released my intention to Hecate!

Overall the cedar took flame and all the smoke was so intense. I felt the spirit of Hecate there with me in the moonlight!

Blessed beāœØ
Jeannie

10 Likes

I believe that it is a lapis or sodalite because thereā€™s only one difference in the chemical composition. That would be really hard to tell which stone it it. But if itā€™s lapis, you should avoid prolonged periods or water exposure. That can damage your crystal. Also got water can make the beautiful blue color fade. If youā€™re only using it for moon water them thatā€™s totally fine!! Iā€™m just letting you know the possibilities. :two_hearts:

9 Likes

I hope so. I like being awake during the day. LOL. This sleeping in my chair is for the birds.

OOh that sounds good @Jeannie1! Thanks for that.

10 Likes

Youā€™re welcome!
And thank you for giving me the idea that my key necklace could represent something. :smiley:

11 Likes

Ā”Hola a todos!

I couldnā€™t do the Full Moon Buck but I did paint the full moon on its first day, imaging root from the earth going to her light. Also, I did a bath spell for self-love and acceptance last night, it was beautiful! :heart:

Thanks again for this challenge, I loved it :heart:

10 Likes

Hello all! For this weekā€™s challenge, I decided to do a tarot reading to communicate with my patron Selene. I waited until the night after the full moon to do the reading as this is when I felt when she was ready to communicate. She communicates using my Golden Threads tarot deck, which I prefer myself. Itā€™s a slick black with the images being gold leaf.

I lit her candle and mediated for a few minutes with a moonstone on my altar to ground myself and open up to her messages. I then asked the following questions. It is a little bit longer than my usual 3-5 card spread but I felt all these questions were important to ask.

1. What card represents you?
  2. What does She desire from me?
  3. How can I honor Her?
  4. A message from Her in this moment.
  5. How does She try to speak to me?
  6. Something She is trying to get me to understand or wake up to
  7. How can I be more open and receptive to Get messages?
  8. What is Her current sphere of influence?
  9. What is our current relationship?
  10. How can I deepen our connection?

While Iā€™m not going to share my results as they are personal to my relationship with Selene and she did not give me permission to share, the reading was a great opportunity to understand more about our dynamic. She did pick The Moon as her representative card, kind of a ā€œYou know who I amā€ pick! I now have an understanding of why she is here and how I can better honor our relationship.

Side note: After the reading, she threw out a couple more cards where she pretty much scolded me for not keeping up my offerings to her. :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

10 Likes

Jessica55,
Thatā€™s great you have answers from Salene! Fabulous job!:sparkles::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
You did a really good job on your demonstration! How did you do that if you donā€™t mind me asking? Blessed beāœØ

9 Likes

What a lovely challenge! As a Moon Child, I do my best to honor my moon goddess, Selene. During the past Full moon, I decided to honor the moon by lighting a white candle and yellow candle. The white representing Seleneā€™s candle and the yellow to represent the Aquarius moon. I did what I normally do, I say invocation to start my ritual, follow by drawing the moon and Selene devotional. Then I do the Lunar ritual from foreverconscious.com, which include some form of meditation, and spell work. Since it is the full moon, I do a release ritual using fire to burn away anything that I want to release, follow by a forgiveness and gratitude rituals. I also give thanks to the god and goddess, my angels, and light workers, guides and ancestors for being with me during the past lunar cycle and I conclude with a tarot and oracle readings for encouragement and any other messages that I need to be aware of. Full moons have become sacred to me since I am able to honor the teachings and the knowledge I have acquire. I am so thankful that I am able to show my gratitude towards my craft and I am able to set new intentions every time that would encourage my growth in my craft. Thanks again for this wonderful challenge. Blessed be.

10 Likes

Hey everyone !
This is my first time actively participating in a challenge so I did not really know what to do. I decided to try the full moon anointing oil recipe :herb: https://spells8.com/full-moon-oil-recipe/, using olive oil, rose petals, lavender and since I didnā€™t have jasmine I replaced it by garden mint for protection.
I canā€™t wait to use it to anoint my tools and candles !

12 Likes

Tonight I am simply charging a spell candle with the power of the moon. I have limited access to the moonlight in my apartment but it does shine on my patio most nights so I have the candle sitting out there ready. I have read quite a bit about charging items with the power of the moon, but charging a candle seems at least somewhat novel. It should help me in the spell Iā€™d like to carry out sometime soon. Itā€™s just a small green candle. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

What a beautiful painting @RyuWyn- you captured the ethereal nature and elegance of the moon! Glad you enjoyed your bath spell and the challenge- great job! :heart:

It sounds like you were able to connect well with Selene through the reading, @Amaris_Bane- although it looks like She is missing your offerings! :laughing: Really beautiful job and thanks for sharing your tarot spread :pray:

Lovely full moon spell and ritual work, @Fabian. Your ritual sounds full of gratitude and blessings- may Selene to continue to watch over you! Glad you enjoyed the challenge, thanks for sharing! :sparkling_heart:

Beautiful spellwork, @nesserinne! :heart_eyes: Thanks for joining in the challenge- you did a wonderful job! :sparkles: It looks like the oil turned out perfect- do you have any plans for what you will use it for? :blush:

Charging magickal tools is always a great way to draw on the moonā€™s power :candle: :green_heart: May your blessed candle serve you well in spellwork, @Colin!

12 Likes

:exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Bravo to everyone who explored working with the moon and moon deities this week! :bride_with_veil:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :full_moon: :sparkles:

10 Likes

Thank you ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Well since I have been working on the making of my wand out of an Apple tree branch Iā€™m planning on anointing it with this new oil when Iā€™m finished decorating it :grin:

10 Likes