šŸŽ² Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Divining Differently

Iā€™m jumping up and down like the 3 little witches!

7 Likes

If you put an emoji on a line by itself it will be a bit larger than normal

:infinite_roots:

Make sure there is a space between uploads, they wonā€™t upload right if you do 1 then another without hitting ā€œEnterā€ between them.

Okay, I think Iā€™m done for now :laughing: :nerd_face:

7 Likes

That is really cool! I love looking at clouds, I will have to do it in a different way nowā€¦
An off topic note: I find it interesting how many things are witchy related that a lot of people do and donā€™t even realize that its magic. So many kids are taught to look at the clouds - just as something to do and not as a practice.

7 Likes

Challenge entry - Diving Differently

While I did create my first scrying mirror, I havenā€™t had the opportunity (or if Iā€™m being honestā€¦ courage?) to use it.

I did give my newly Ogham staves a try. Or actually a few tries!

Turbo was intrigued when I was setting out the staves and stole one, which I got back. I ended up letting him pick 2 more!

The last three Donut supervised their drawing. :laughing:

I enjoyed using this method of divination so much in fact, Iā€™ve already started working on my own ā€œproperā€ set of staves!

To be continued!

11 Likes

Oh Iā€™m loving these posts from everyone!

@Artemisia Iā€™m really loving being able to be a part of this with youbwhile Iā€™m learning Ogham. I try to work on 1 or 2 over a couple days. Then to my delight, my the Oracles of the Morrigan deck has Ogham on the backs of the cards! Im so excited to translate it once I start using them.

10 Likes

Weekly Witch Challenge - Divining Differently - Entry

I did a lot of research trying to get a better understanding of Divining Differently. I found a lot of interesting information, some of it I ruled out right away because it sounded like I would have to do an animal sacrifice. I love animals too much to ever harm them. On the same website, I found Bibliomancy (1) which is Divination Using Books. This one is interesting because I actually do this, not with a religious book but with other books, but I did not know what it was called. I also think this is why I have so many message decks (not Tarot or Oracle) but ones where you pick a card for a message.

Other divination methods I found are Graphology & Palmistry(2) I have explored both of these topics in the past. I also use Pendulum Divination & Numerology regularly. (3) I have a Life Path number of 11 but I will save that for another post. There is a very long list of Divination Methods on Wikipedia (4) which proves we have a very long history of trying to forecast the future.

And nowā€¦ I have decided to discuss Biorhythms as my entry. When I was young, my mom did biorhythms which she calculated by hand, but nowadays there are apps for my phone which are much easier to use and more accurate. :rofl:

What are Biorhythms?

Most biorhythm models use three cycles: a 23-day physical cycle, a 28-day emotional cycle, and a 33-day intellectual cycle. (5)

Biorhythm-365 iPhone App (6)

This is an app I found on my phone. The developer has added a 4th cycle for Intuition, which I find interesting. Iā€™m checking it each day because I want to see how accurate the Intuition cycle is. My mother swore by Biorhythms, she thought they were very accurate. On the other hand, biorhythms have been called pseudoscience. I guess itā€™s a matter of opinion, what do you think?

References

1. 10 Historical Divination Methods for Predicting the Future

2. Divination Over Time: Different Methods Throughout History

3. Methods of Divination - Learn Religions

4. Methods of divination - Wikipedia

5. Biorhythm - Wikipedia

6. Biorhythm-365

11 Likes

I was thinking of joining the The Witch of the Wonderlust she does divination online here is some information if your interested.
Claramancy
I have a collection which I am working on I have a shark tooth, crow claw, wish :bone:
I am learning to put my own meaning, and I am not quite done. If you have anything you have that has meaning and think about it. What does it mean? I am working on writing it all down on paper :page_facing_up:
Jeannie

10 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Wow! I knew there were a lot of curious divination methods out there, but this challenge has really brought so many of them into the spotlight- what a delight to see and learn about them all! :blush: Thank you so much to everyone who joined in for this very unconventional challenge :raised_hands: :trophy:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :game_die: :sparkles:

6 Likes

Ahh missed it by 14 minutes lol oh well! I was making my own set of ogham cards with their own plant and tree pictures. I wasnā€™t finished with all of them but they refused to print! I look forward to reading through everyoneā€™s entries :blush::blush:

11 Likes

No worries at all, Megan! :blush: Hahaha as far as Iā€™m concerned if you beat me to posting the Props and Presents post, I count the entry :+1: I went ahead and included this- thanks for sharing about your ogham cards! Would love to see them when youā€™ve finished :tree_of_life: :heart:

10 Likes

I didnā€™t make it this time, but it was really inspiring to see everyoneā€™s explorations! :heart:

8 Likes

Aww thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thatā€™s very kind of you! Iā€™m hoping to get them to work printing this morning lol Iā€™ll be working on them in a little bit.

10 Likes

I canā€™t wait to see them, @MeganB - if you decide to share! :shamrock:

11 Likes

Excited for this! I am just at deadline day but, I will try to do something tonight! Iā€™m thinking tasseography, since I already do tarot somewhat regularly. Or runes! alas I have no runes as-of-yet but, want to try it some day too.

9 Likes

I watch her sometimes. She seems very intelligent about things. :wink:

7 Likes

aaaaaahhhhhh youā€™re making whaaaat? squeee so excited to see these when you are done!! :tree_of_life:

7 Likes

Well I missed it!!!

I did a little messing with a package of plastic bones I bought at the Dollar Tree. I picked some bind runes and tried to write on the bones. It was difficult and hard to read but I did it anyway. Then I tried tossing, throwing them and they just didnā€™t have a good throw or landing. I set them aside and thought I would try something different later.

Then my son came home from school and said he felt a little short of breath from the walk so I took him to the urgent care and that was the rest of my day! He has been coughing for about 4 weeks, he had covid the end of July, they did a breathing treatment and an x-ray and sent us home after closing time with more medicine. He has broncitis :persevere: He went on to school today but decided he would drive instead of walk.

Iā€™ll grab this one on a catch-up :wink: Everyone has very good posts. I learned a few things. I learned Iā€™ve been divining in many different ways my entire life! This was a good challenge!
:butterfly:

8 Likes

I meanā€¦ it doesnā€™t get much more exciting :laughing: Iā€™m right next you @Artemisia!

@Sarafeena_Sage I hope he feels better soon! I had 2 that would need breathing treatments at times when they were sick too. Whether you are a baby, toddler, child, teen, or adultā€¦ breathing treatments can wear you down for a bit having to do them. :people_hugging:

Catch up challenges are always fun to do, more time to figure out how you want to do the entry. :wink:

5 Likes

I promise Iā€™ll make a post about them! :blush:

6 Likes

Hah, thanks to mundane life I missed this challenge as well :smiling_face_with_tear: I wanted to learn how to use my pendulum and I found this page, (How to Use a Pendulum - Ask Your Pendulum) and I think it is really helpfull.

7 Likes