šŸ˜“ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Dream Magick!

Aww, thank you @BryWisteria! :blush:

This is exactly how I remember all those details! I open my eyes not to fall asleep again, but I kinda stop everything and not process any sensory stimuli or intruding thoughts, instead keeping my mind busy by replaying the dream and trying to recall all the details - theyā€™re so fresh in mind then!

But if you donā€™t ā€œsaveā€ them into your working memory they disappear just as quick as you think about something else! If computer analogies are not for you, think about being covered in very thin gossamer making up beautiful and intricate patterns while you sleep, you can look at them and memorize their patterns and how the gentle morning light reflects off of them, but if you move theyā€™re gone for good, at least until next morning! :sun_with_face:

5 Likes

Last night before getting to sleep I prayed to Selene to meet her in my dreams, I donā€™t remember meeting her at least, but I slept really well and woke up an hour before my alarm! :white_heart:

Iā€™d like to make a habit out of it to build my connection to her :white_circle:

5 Likes

I donā€™t remember my dreams, I take a sleeping pill so it may be that. But I charged an amethyst to help me remember my dreams. Hasnā€™t helped yet but I am sleeping better so thatā€™s good. Hereā€™s to hoping I can remember something soon.

5 Likes

I am the same way, I rarely remember anything. I take Trazodone and it works to get me to sleep, but I can still wake for things in the middle of the night. I have also found that it absolutely does not work if I donā€™t eat anything before I go to bed. So I need to eat something small after I take it so I will actually fall asleep and the rest is up to me.

6 Likes

I made my dream pillow last night! I switched it up a bit, using what I had herb wise & adding a twist on my stones.

Lavender essential oil (for sleep), rosemary (to aid memory), sagebrush (banish negativity), crushed orchids (concentration), amethyst (tons of reasons lol), black tourmaline (protection), clear quartz ( amplifier), serpentine (meditation) and blue calcite (soothing) ā€¦
Edit-- and selenite!

I had/remembered my dreams last night! Tonight is night two! :slight_smile: What a great challenge!

11 Likes

@Susurrus thatā€™s the same meds I take! I have chronic insomnia and canā€™t stay asleep for the life of me. I donā€™t eat before bed though, it works for me. Maybe we have a different doseage. That may make the difference.

5 Likes

What a beautiful bag! Glad itā€™s working for you.

4 Likes

@Amethyst thatā€™s why I take it too! I am down from 300mg to 150mg. I have found that if I eat something small, a yogurt, easy sandwich, I drift to sleep and will stay there for the night. Each night when I get in bed and Iā€™m ready for sleep I do kind of a sleep meditation. I focus on falling asleep. I am still able to wake if I need to though, like the bathroom or something with someone in the family. When I took hydroxyzine with it though, bombs could go off on my bed and I wouldnā€™t wake up & the chances of me remembering a dream then were nil!

6 Likes

@haley that looks lovely! I am so happy that it worked for you! I am going to try one more night with it and see what happens before I change anything.

6 Likes

@Amethyst I found that telling myself ā€œI will remember my dreamsā€ right before I fall asleep works well. Itā€™s like setting a reminder for my brain to keep that in mind.

Also, if you set an alarm and it wakes you up in the middle of a dream itā€™s more likely that you will remember what you were dreaming. And keep a dream journal! :notebook:

7 Likes

I love your creative mind, @SilverBear! :grin: What an exciting (and very unique!) dream! Revisiting a place or moment from the past could mean that you had unfinished business there, or there was something you regretted that wants to be made right. Bleaching hair could be an analogy for aging- of your son getting older and wanting to hide this, wanting to stay young. Someone usually sober drinking themselves into craziness could point towards someone soon approaching their breaking point- maybe itā€™s time to give your Uncle Ken a call and check in on him :phone:

As for Will Smith and wedding toasts- maybe your mind just wants to party! :partying_face:

A very fun dream, @SilverBear- whether it has hidden meanings or not, it was a pleasure to read about! Thanks for sharing! :two_hearts:

You are very welcome, @christina4! :heart: Your dream pillow looks beautiful, and sounds like it is very potent- lots of great ingredients! :sparkles: And it sounds like you have a lovely sleep ritual before bed too :sleeping_bed: Thanks for sharing, and sweet dreams! :star:

Yes, give the dream journal a try! :open_book: It can be hard to make yourself write everything down (Especially when youā€™re very sleepy! :sleeping:) but it helps with memory retainment and recall. And then, many years from now, you can look back and remember what you were dreaming about! Books make memories last forever- they are powerful tool for us witches! :books::blush:

What a beautiful analogy, @CelestiaMoon! :computer::sparkles: Iā€™m glad you had a good sleep and woke up feeling rested and refreshed- perhaps Selene blessed your rest! :sleeping_bed: I hope you have another peaceful sleep tonight :first_quarter_moon::two_hearts:

Medicine is very important, and yes- it may make remembering dreams much harder! I think charging an amethyst is a great way to improve your sleep- glad to hear you are sleeping better! :blush: :two_hearts: Maybe try a meditation before bed, and focusing on the desire to remember your dreams while you hold your amethyst before going to sleep :purple_heart: Best of luck, and sweet dreams to you! :star2:

Woohoo!!! :confetti_ball: Iā€™m so glad you are enjoying the challenge, @haley, and thatā€™s wonderful that you are remembering your dreams! :sparkles: Your dream pillow sounds lovely as well- itā€™s clear that you picked each ingredient with care, and it sounds they are working in harmony! :gem::herb::+1: I hope you continue to have success remembering your dreams! :two_hearts:

8 Likes

I used to take Trazadone. It only helped the first night that I took it. I was on every sleep medication available. I found out my root cause of why I couldnā€™t sleep or stay asleep. I have night terrors. My past would haunt me. I had sleep paralysis a lot of times. So I figured if I didnā€™t sleep, I wouldnā€™t have the craziness associated. I didnā€™t need a sleep med, I needed a night terror/nightmare med. It also helps with falling asleep. 2 birds with 1stone.(I would never hurt any animal!)

6 Likes

@Susurrus, I take the 300 mg. I still wake up early in the morning and go to sleep early at night. I even used it when my Mom was alive and needed help during the night, she was able to call for me and Iā€™d wake up, most of the time. Itā€™s a good medicine but I wish I could remember my dreams.

3 Likes

@Francisco Iā€™ll have to try that. Iā€™m awful with a dream journal because even if I do remember my dreams, by the time I use the facilities Iā€™ve forgotten what I dreamed. Hopefully that chant can help me with that.

5 Likes

@BryWisteria, Iā€™m not sure I could meditate before bed. I get so sleepy I can barely take my medicines. Maybe if I go to sleep in bed during meditation it will help. Thanks for the advice!

4 Likes

@Amethyst The other thing that helps me is to just write one word, name, or place that I remember from the dream.

I typically wake up and start scribbling randomly until memories start to appear. Itā€™s like an exercise to be able to recall more and more of your dreams.

5 Likes

@Amethyst I agree, I think this particular medication stumps me remembering from them. I didnā€™t start needing to take it until after my mom and grandmother passed away and my migraines and anxiety really started to goā€¦ but I had 2 little ones at home and felt lost for so long. Recently I have felt a lot better and making meditation a part of my daily routine has really helped too. Iā€™m hoping to lessen to 100mg soon. I just need it to fall asleep, the rest I can deal with on my own. Lol

5 Likes

I have come off 2 sleep meds. Iā€™m working on lessening the amount of the trazodone because I miss just being able to go to bed when I was tired. Some nights are better than others. I have worked on a good morning routine, I need a better night routine for when I go to bed.

@BryWisteria I just ordered a book that I am going to use as a journal. The only dream that I really remember is one from a year or more ago, the only thing I remember about it is that my husband left me for a local news anchor that neither one of us is very fond of, we still joke about it now. I wake up and all I remember is black and that it didnā€™t feel like I was out that long or sometimes it feels like it was forever and it was really about an hour or hour and a half. Iā€™m going to work on looking into what is going on with my sleep and why I sleep so deep but can wake fairly easy in the middle of the night.

4 Likes

Definitely an interesting challenge. I have sleep apnea and have to use a CPap machine each night. Iā€™m not sure if that has anything to do with it but I seem to not be able to remember my dreams at all,not for lack of trying!! I have a dream journal next to my bed that is sadly mostly empty. On Saturday I made a sleep/dream pillow . I used fresh rosemary, cedar tops, mugwort, hibiscus flowers chamomile, lavender and star anise.
I included a clear quartz crystal as well as an amethyst. I am sleeping beautifully but the minute I wake up itā€™s gone from my mind. I am also trying to speak it each night, I am going to remember my dreams. Iā€™m hoping this will begin to help me on this journey.

4 Likes

I just found this blog post about 8 ways to lucid dreaming. It mentions the reality checks and a couple of other things we have discussed in the forum over the last few days. It was an interesting read and I am going to have make it point to relax before I go to bed and I may be getting a sleep mask!

5 Likes