⚔ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Dual Wielding

Weekly Witchy Challange - Dual Wielding:

As a global community, we are not living in a state of wholeness. We are a sick society, broken and divided. We are too much in the dark, our light and dark aspects are unbalanced. The world has become very unbalanced and with that said, there is a need to work with the aspects of light and dark. My intention is to do my part to promote the fragile balance of light and dark in this web of life we live here on Earth as human beings. I started with myself: For this challenge I will share some of my “Shadow work” experience… :woman_mage:

It has been said that as human beings we are of light=Spirit, Heaven and we are dark=Flesh Earth…
So for me, in my belief and in my human experience, the light is the spirit and the divine. My fire, My spark, my consciousness, and the darkness is flesh Earth, my subconscious, my “shadow”, the unseen.

When I balance darkness and light I become conscious which brings out my awareness to how I use my mind, to my behaviors and actions in and how my actions affect everything around me. Both my light and dark can become unbalanced which then leads to a negative expression of my nature. So as I am aging and as I am beginning my “crone” path, I find myself spending more and more of my energy, doing everything in my power to maintain the balance of light and dark aspects. Shadow work has helped me in ways I couldn’t imagine and am grateful for the experience.

The unbalance will manifest as an external imbalance and the external world is a reflection of our inner world which is why it is so important that each one of us do our own work to be whole and balanced.
When we get unbalanced it’s important that we live in this opposite for a bit and acknowledge it, hold it and then let it go. For us to learn what it truly means to be balanced we must first experience the unbalanced. :balance_scale

We all have a dark side to our personality, it’s what makes us human. Instead of pretending it doesn’t exist we need to embrace these parts of ourselves so we can access more creativity and can freely be ourselves. To release ourselves from the taboos that keep us trapped, defensive, and fearful.

“In order to have manifestations, you need to have opposing energies, all experience is the result of contrast” - 4dhumans.com

This is what I did during the current dark moon:
It was 11:30 pm last night when I began, I took a cleansing bath of sea salt, rosemary, and a few drops of lavender oil. I soaked in the tub for 23 minutes in the dark. I dressed nude under my ceremony robe and went outside to my backyard. After cleansing my space and casting my circle I stood quietly in the darkness and took a few deep breaths just breathing in the blackness of the night. I lit a black candle to honor the shadow realm and then silently acknowledged Hecate and in her crone state she came into my circle and wrapped her arms around me. She gave me time to consider all the things in my life that no longer serve me. I have always felt safe in her arms. I took the time to let Hecate guide my thoughts… :new_moon_with_face: When I turned to the east and took a minute to feel Hecate cleansing me of all unhealthy thoughts. I then turned north, took a minute to feel Hecate cleanse my body of all unhealthy energies. Then turned west to feel my emotions cleansed of all that is causing me pain. Then turned south to feel my spirit cleansed of all that is hindering my spiritual growth. I thanked Hecate by leaving her an offering of garlic, honey, and some dog hair clippings and recited a personal prayer to her. After all that I went to sleep and woke up to write in my shadow journal in turn working on keeping balanced. ( I came to realize Hecate’s significance in my life when I began doing shadow work :black_heart:)

-unknown source

When we become to know the power within us then the balance will then be connected. When the universe was created, there were also spiritual laws created. Spiritual laws to abide by in order to live in harmony. When we understand, obey and respect these spiritual laws, we will know peace. :peace_symbol:

It takes billions of souls to do this at once so looking at it this way, it becomes clear why we need to wake up, do the work and help each other. (this is a subject worthy of a book.)

-I seek balance between light and dark

-much love and many blessings!

14 Likes

I don’t even think I can express how much I have connected with this New :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
Solar Eclipse ‘ in Sagittarius :sagittarius:

@chani.app

6 Likes

12 Likes

This Solar and Lunar Return really hit me hard and it’s made me feel completely and utterly…… everything’ every kind of emotion in (give it 10 mins’ lol) but I can’t even articulate my thoughts anymore’ it’s opening up myself to myself ‘ while letting my true self just BE
:cupid::new_moon_with_face::sun_with_face:

8 Likes

I was overwhelmed. What a wonderful challenge answer.
I’m always doing rituals for the Earth, Goddess will care for my soul
Find peace, be safe and know you are Blessed
Garnet

8 Likes

Here is my prayer to Santa and Krampus for the challenge!

10 Likes

@steph I am intrigued by your entry. This subject fascinates me. Thank you for sharing! And the pictures are amazing!
-blessed be

8 Likes

Thanks, :hugs:@Garnet what a lovely thing to say thank you for the kindness and the good energy :purple_heart: may your life be filled with many blessings
-much love

8 Likes

I thought about all kinds of dualities in my practice but I went with the one I was least comfortable with - chaos and restraint. Although I do not know anything about chaos magic, this pairing reminded me of the contrarian element in my own natal astrological chart and in the planetary aspects for December. So I did some research and figured out it is going to be kind of an edgy Christmas.

Regarding the specific aspect of Saturn in Aquarius square Uranus in Taurus occurring in 2021, we have an unusual situation in which Saturn, the conservative planet, is in a progressive sign, Aquarius, while Uranus, the progressive planet, is in a conservative sign, Taurus. At times, these energies can feel oppressive and we might feel that we’re often at cross-purposes, even when the end game is similar.

I have a difficult chart. In other words, I get on my own d*mn nerves with my conflicting energies. Saturn – the planet of restrictions, discipline, order, endings - the father of Jupiter who tried to eat him – is in my first house, Aquarius. But creative chaos change agent Uranus – Venus’ papa – is in my 7th house of relationships.

When I was born, Saturn and Uranus were opposite each other (even worse than square) and these two dads were not playing nicely on the playground. So I have this push and pull between being a kind of rigid goodie two shoes and letting loose as a nonconformist rebel type, especially when it comes to people.

So, when I got married for the first time, for example, I panicked and tried to escape my own wedding by climbing out of the church’s bathroom window. (Uranus drama!) However, the window was too small for me to hoist myself out of (thanks for nothing, Saturn) and I ended up being all married and everything. And that didn’t turn out so well. Because I am Uranus-y.

So, speaking of drama, punk rock Uranus and Young Republican Saturn are going to be at hard square aspects to each other on Christmas Eve, December 24, 2021. That’s affecting everybody, not just me. For me, it will be just another day. Hello, Saturn, my old friend. I see you back in Aquarius again.

But for y’all, it might feel like a crazy day. As in, Great Depression, the not so great 2008 Recession or social or political upheavals. Or maybe it will just be somebody trying desperately to climb out of a window.

So, as the song goes, you better watch out. You better not cry. You better not climb out of a basement bathroom window in a wedding gown. Saturn-claus is coming to town (and Uranus, too).

9 Likes

It’s time for a friendly reminder!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and haven’t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: December 7th, 7:00 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time Zone)

Blessed be! :crossed_swords: :sparkles:

7 Likes

I’m sorry you get on your own nerves, @mary25, but the mental image of you trying to climb out the window during your wedding is funny as all get out! :rofl:

7 Likes

For this week’s challenge I’ve delved further into the dual aspects of Persephone, Queen of the Underworld and Goddess of Spring.

I’ve spoken quite a bit recently about how Persephone draws me to her, and part of that I think is the light and the dark that I see within myself. In learning about Persephone I’m learning more about my own dual aspects and to embrace the different parts of myself. i don’t have to be one thing or another, so long as I’m true to myself and my beliefs I can be happy being me.

In the book I’ve been reading “Persephone: Practicing the Art of Personal Power” by Robin Corak (part of the Pagan Portals series) there’s a section on correspondences and some differ for her different aspects.

As Queen of the Underworld:

• Role - Psychopomp and Nurturer of the Dead

• Stones/crystals - Garnet, Smoky Quartz, Onyx, Ruby, Red or Orange Carnelian

• Colours - Red (especially dark red), Black, Dark Purple

• Element - Water

• Music - Violins, Drums, Dirges

• Tarot - Death, The High Priestess

As Goddess of Spring:

• Role - Catalyst for regeneration

• Stones/crystals - Amethyst, Aura Quartz, Blue Chalcedony, Celestite, Rose Quartz

• Colours - White, Pink, Light Blue

• Element - Air

• Music - Flutes, Choral Music

• Tarot - The World, Page of Cups

I’ve not had the opportunity to do so as yet as it will require some work, but I’m planning a separate altar to Persephone and will draw on some of the correspondences above in putting it together to ensure that both aspects are represented.

11 Likes

Cool picture.

7 Likes

Nice to see you. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Weekly Challenge - Dual Wielding

Opposite Forces – Fire & Water

Ingredients:
Candles: Red, White, Blue, Orange, Purple
Red to represent a female who is a fire sign
Blue to represent a male who is a water sign
Orange - for attracting friendship, healthy relationship
Purple to ask for God & Goddess Blessings
2 Puppets: female & male
2 Taglocks -filled with Herbs: Cloves, Rosebuds, Basil leaves, Rosemary & Lavender. 3 Rose Quartz. Picture of each person, on back of the picture, write their full names & full Birthdate, to be placed inside of the Puppets.

Friendship Blessing to be done on a Friday.
Cast a Circle of Protection – you may use your wand, athame, finger, or salt.

Light the Red, Blue, and White Candle, recite the Invocation of the Elements:
Air, fire, water, earth, elements of astral birth,
I call you now; attend to me!
In the circle, rightly cast,
safe from psychic curse or blast,
From cave and desert, sea and hill,
by wand, blade, cup, and pentacle,
This is my will, so mote it be!

Light the Purple Candle and Invocate the God and Goddess:
Gracious Goddess,
you who are the queen of the gods,
the lamp of night,
the creator of all that is wild and free,
mother of woman and man;
lover of the horned God and protectress of all the Wicca;
descend, I pray with you lunar ray of power upon my circle here!

Blazing God,
you who are the king of the gods, lord of the sun,
master of all that is wild and free;
father of woman and man,
lover of the moon goddess and protector of all the Wicca:
descend, I pray, with your solar ray of power upon my circle here!

Light the Orange Candle and place a Rose Quarts by the candle, and say:
A friend is someone who understands your past,
believes in your future,
and accepts you just the way you are.
May this friendship we’re sharing
spread its wings and fly across the earth.
And bring new joy to the souls of ____ and ____, who are alive.
May this Blessing of the God and Goddess shine,
on both of _____ and ____.
And may ____ and ____ see their light,
Within, Within, Within.
So, Mote, it be!
Meditate on this Prayer and visualize the two of you in a friendly relationship.
Blow out the candles one by one, as the smoke flows out into the Universe hears your request. Snuff the candles if you wish to reuse them again and clean off any drippings and dispose of the drippings and thank them for their help in your Prayer.
Thank the God and Goddess for their help in your Prayer.
Release the Circle.

Used Invocations in the Book Wicca A Guide For The Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham,

14 Likes

20211206_182042

Hi @BryWisteria and greetings to all!

I have started some spells today. It went well but I don’t know if I did it right so I ll get through some explanation. Should I already???

:pushpin: If I post about the challenge too early, you can skip my post and get to it later​:mute::pushpin:

I started to cleanse my space, I used my mop. I did add bay leaf and salt in the water and natural good scent product usually used for cleaning and I asked the power above, beneath and all around to protect the space I was planning to work with.

I didn’t prepare my moon water already because I am waiting the full moon for another type of spell. So I just took a shower from head to toe and call upon the forces of water to bless with strength and energy.

I set up my altar with few stuffs. Unfortunately I don’t have my crystals yet. Waiting to order on ebay very soon. I cast my circle to protect me from bad spirits. I used thick salt. And I repeated the formula: “May no spirit leave this circle and enter my house…” Right after I call out the quarters. I set up a bowl of water for water energy, a Ogou Machete for fire and white candle. I don’t have sets of candle yet. But I do have my red clothe that I put in my head. Moreover I used bay leaves for earth energy.

I incenced the space and cleanse my aura by burning some bay leaves. I also watch my hands with bay leaves water.

I opted for three spells:

The first one is about the challenge⬆️
Wielding challenge : balancing fire energy and water energy

P.S I dedicated my candle to two deities at same time. Is this correct? Selene and Ogou spirit. Ogou is like my protector.

To start up, I call upon the power of fire and I put my hands around the candle asking for particular benefits. I also put my fingers inside the bowl asking for benefits such as purification and cleansing from the water. I put the bowl at top of the candle and call upon the power and supernatural forces to help me balance the two forces. I don’t know if it worked. I did feel sensation in my kidney and my right leg trembled.

After that I cast a love spell

I have blessed the papers with rosemary, thyme and pepper…

I have write The name of the loved one four times and mine 7 times above in another direction vertically . All around without lifting my hand I wrote the desired wish and folded the paper and put in in my bra.

May you send me some energies my girls. I need it. It’s My very first time.

Plus I did a wish spell.

I wrote my wishes on a paper. Folded it and burned it. After that I draw my spirit Animal , a butterfly and burn it. I took the ashes and added some water to it and with a pencil, I draw the tiger eye as a token of protection and prosperity.

That’s All for today’s Challenge !

Blessed be​:star2::star2::star2::star2::star2:

11 Likes

Wow, that was quite some energy work! I’m happy they came to you with such intent & you did a wonderful job with your different Cleansing methods & using the elements & quarters.

Fire :fire: & water :droplet: are definitely opposing forces that you were able to call upon for you spells.

I hope you are able to ground yourself or rest some. Sometimes the after effects of focusing my energy & intent, I get very tired. So I usually try for after dinner or after lunch. :rofl:

9 Likes

@moonshadow This is amazing!!! Did she appear to you in flesh? Wawwww! I have seen a black thin man meditating under a shiny sun by my window. I thought it might be my protector Ogun. They are so amazing :fire::fire::fire:

7 Likes

@Susurrus You’re right! I did eat but I still feel hunger. I think I should sleep earlier today.

Blessed be!

7 Likes

@BryWisteria Waww season duality! I am curious about the answers too. it’s so cool!

8 Likes