šŸ«„ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Empaths & Empathic Abilities

Yeah of course.:grin: Donā€™t worry keeping chakras balancing properly isnā€™t easy. Itā€™s something Ifeel take constant work.

13 Likes

For this challenge, I wanted something simple that I could use to protect myself from any energy sent my way. Since I use my smart watch daily, I created an image with a charm and sigil to use as my watch face. I worked the spell as I created it using Canvaā€™s AI image creation with some other magical pieces in it. Itā€™s now my watch face!

Green Snake Empath Protection Image

17 Likes

@MeganB Oh :open_mouth: thatā€™s freaking sick! I love it so much the idea of it, then adding it to a watch, and the image itself it stellar. I love the green snake. Green is my favorite color

14 Likes

Thank you! :blush: I love it and so far, it seems to be working well!

14 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

I have been an empath as far back as I can remember. I always knew when someone I loved or was very close to me was hurting, whether it be physical or emotional pain. I donā€™t always know exactly who or why but can always tell when something is wrong with someone I love.

I wear this necklace in memory of my son. He passed when he was 21. We always told each other ā€œI love you to the moon and backā€. So for my entry I put a spell of protection on my necklace. To protect my empath energy so that those who are trying to send ill will or harm my way will not be able to.

13 Likes

:star: Challenge Entry: Empath & Empathic Abilities :star:

Although I wouldnā€™t classify myself as a classic empath, I can usually read a room pretty well or notice when someone feels out of sorts when no one else does. Iā€™m not one to take on or experience othersā€™ emotions though. Where this becomes difficult for me is in large groups of people where I am required to interact. For example, professional conferences. For my job, I at times need to ā€œwork a boothā€ at a conference and greet and converse with many people each day. This is draining work, both emotionally and physically, even for a not-really-empath.

So I was curious about the Shielding Spray:

I figured I could bring this with me to conferences and do a quick spritz before interacting to help protect me and my energy levels. I followed the recipe from @SilverBear

Some small edits: I used new moon, moon water for clarity and intention. I used dried rosemary instead of essential oil because I had it on hand. And I substituted lime essential oil instead of lemon. Also Thayers Witch Hazel has a bit more stuff added other than just witch hazel, like alcohol and aloe vera - but hey thatā€™s nice for the skin too.
The shielding spray smells SO GOOD. I may use it more than just for conferences!

14 Likes

Challenge Entry

I do not feel I am an Empath. I do sometimes feel energies from elementals and animals. And sometimes the energies in a room, but I am not ā€œin tuneā€ with other peoples feelings or bombarded by other people. Probably just my Goat mind wanting everything orderly and organized. I wish I were more sensitive and am working on opening this area up, but not much progress as yet. I have much to learn. :fire:

:goat:

12 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

Personally, I donā€™t class myself as an empath. I do show empathy for others (I think we all have a bit of that) and I can sometimes read the room, but I donā€™t necessarily take on or feel the emotions of others.

I didnā€™t know how to tackle this at first but then thought about my good friend Astrology. I have decided to describe the placements that could indicate heightened empathy or even an empath. Here are things to look out for on a birth chart:

Moon in Water Signs
The Moon represents emotions and empathy. If someone has their Moon in a water sign (Cancer, Scorpio, or Pisces), it could mean that they have a strong emotional connection and empathy for others. Water signs are known for their emotional depth and sensitivity.

Pisces Rising
Pisces is associated with empathy and compassion. They have heightened sensitivity and can read a room. They often feel the emotions of others. If someone has their Ascendant (Rising sign) in Pisces, it can indicate a heightened ability to understand and connect with how others are feeling. Others will view them as an empathetic and nurturing person.

Strong Neptune
Neptune is associated with spirituality, intuition, and empathy. It is also the modern ruler of Pisces. Look for positive aspects (conjunctions, trines and sextiles) between Neptune and:

The Sun - this indicates that empathy is part of their core essence
The Moon - this indicates increased emotional receptivity.
Mercury - this indicates compassionate and empathetic communication, as well as intuitive thinking and understanding of others.
Venus - this can indicate a positive, compassionate and nurtuting nature, especially in relationships.
Mars - yes even the red planet can indicate a drive and desire to help and support others.

Venus in Pisces:
Venus represents love, relationships, and connections. If someone has Venus in Pisces, it could suggest a strong ability to show empathy and a tendency to soak up the emotions of others.

Houses
The 4th house is the house of home, family, and emotions. It represents our feelings, sense of security, and the home environment. Look for the Sun, Moon, Venus or Neptune in the 4th house. Also, the North Node here would suggest that emotional security and empathy are part of your karmic journey.

Chiron in the 4th house would suggest past hurt or wounds based on home life and emotions. Perhaps a lack of emotional security or empathy as a child. However, Chiron represents our wounds and how we use them to help others, suggesting you may have the empathy that you did not experience as a child. Also look for positive aspects between Chiron and Neptune.

Also look for planets in the 12th house as they mat shoe hoe you display empathy to others. The south node in this house would suggest you have brought empathetic tendencies with you from a past life.

The 8th house is not directly linked to empathy but is about emotional depth and intense connections. Neptune in this house could indocate heightened sensitivity and connection to others.

I took a look at my own chart to see if any of these placements were present:

Moon is not in a water signšŸ™ˆ

I am not Pisces Rising :see_no_evil:

Neptune is not in a water signšŸ™ˆ

My Pisces is empty :see_no_evil:

My 4th house is empty :see_no_evil:

Neptune trines the Sun and Mercury :heavy_check_mark:

I have planets in the 12th house :heavy_check_mark:

I have Neptune in the 8th house :heavy_check_mark:. However, it is within touching distance with Saturn which brings challenges and boundaries when expressing these energies.:see_no_evil:. My Capricorn rules this house (and Saturn rules Capricorn) so they are definitely working against Neptune here.:see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Chiron does not form any appropriate aspects.:see_no_evil:

Definitely not an empath herešŸ¤£

But I do have some empathy as part of my core essence (Sun) and will listen (Mercury) when needed.

Blessed be

Alan

15 Likes

@Cosmic_Curiosity Very enlightening!! I loved reading all of this and I now want to find out all the rest of my astrological info! Iā€™m a cancer but that is all I know. Thank you!

12 Likes

Challenge Entry: Empaths and Empathic Abilities @TheMuslimWitch

After taking a day or two to decide, I decided to improvise on the shielding spray since my supplies didnā€™t agree with me.
So I used clarysage instead of sage, cedarwood in place of sandalwood, lemongrass instead of lemon and lavender in place of frankincenseā€¦

As you can see for now I have mixed it in a cleansed jar just couldnā€™tā€™ find an empty spray bottle I will pick up next time I am out

13 Likes

Tapping back in is not impossible, but similar to experiencing a trauma, experiencing something that is very overwhelming can cause our psychi to completely rewire itself with the sole purpose of doing whatever it must to protect you from feeling that way again. Just like your empathic abilities (Iā€™m sure) did not go away immediately, once having realized how overwhelming and uncomfortable it was, your abilities will not come back immediately or all at once either, unless you did some sort of third eye opening, but I wouldnā€™t suggest that as a way to ease yourself back in!
Some way to begin slowly enhancing empathy again:

1. Begin taking note of all your interactions. How did you feel before you were around or talking to this person? Do you feel different now having come in contact with or interacted with them? Do the emotions you are feeling truly make sense for the situation and circumstances you are in currently? If you can, write this down, so you can really take a look at this. You might actually be feeling emotions that are not yours, even if just slightly, without realizing it.
  2. Practice feeling changes in emotional or energy frequency when walking into different rooms, around different people and even by interacting with different objects, some being objects that have barely been handled by others, and some that have been handled by others A LOT and for a long time (antiques)
  3. Once you notice you are picking up on emotional frequencies, even if just slightly, practice regulating shared energy spaces with people who are experiencing intense emotions. Empaths naturally make the energy around them less chaotic by being so understanding and compassionate, but the incredible thing is, we are actually regulating and changing the emotional frequencies of others and changing how they feel in a positive way :purple_heart:

Just a few techniques I have discovered myself through enhancing my own empathic gift.

15 Likes

:grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation:

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder:

:exclamation: This challenge will soon close :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience by the deadline:

ā†’ Tuesday, Feb 13th at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time)

A warm thank you to all those who have shared about their empathic abilities, experiences as an Empath, thoughts around Empaths/empathy, and more! :pray: :heart:

If you havenā€™t already shared an entry but would like to join in, this is your friendly reminder that you still have time left to do so.

Blessed Be! :dotted_line_face: :sparkles:

11 Likes

Challenge entry!

I am going to use meditiation to slowly chip away at the tower Iā€™ve built around my empathic abilities. I am not going to break it down all together right away, just enough that a trickle of emotion comes through. That way Iā€™m not overwhelming myself all over again, and take the time to sit with each emotion that comes through. Feel what it is, where it comes from, what itā€™s trying to tell me. Then learn to let it go instead of holding on to it.

I may even reach out to an energy healer for help if im not successful. This is going to be a loong slow process, but it will be worth it! My own emotions got tied up into the rest when I built the tower, I donā€™t want to feel numb anymore.:heart:

13 Likes

My entry got out of control. sorryā€¦ itā€™s here

11 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

First I must say that I am so impressed by everyoneā€™s entries! Very thorough and introspective!

I will try to make this brief. I used to be able to type very quickly, but Iā€™ve lost some function in my fingers so itā€™s easier to do it on my phone, which is still kinda difficult.

I took this quiz:
Are you an Empath?

Iā€™m definitely an empath. I answered yes to all the questions. Iā€™m not going to discuss them in great detail. Just generally.

Taking on the energies of others
This can be very exhausting and those energies stick with me. I also know when somethingā€™s wrong with someone else even if itā€™s not expressed. I can also feel the energies from people around the world. I hope I can have this make senseā€¦I feel the despair of mental illness, homelessness, physical ailments, just to name a few. I can feel and express empathy, not just sympathy.

Love of nature
Creativity
Drawn to metaphysical

Knowing
I know when somethingā€™s wrong. I know when someoneā€™s lying. I know when someoneā€™s being manipulated.
Public places are overwhelming
Watching violence or tragedy is unbearable
Sympathy pains
Good listener
Needs solitude

Hereā€™s a few other traits I considered:

-I can feel spirits
-Iā€™ve learned to trust my intuition
-I can read auras if I focus
-I love to help others. Iā€™ve always had jobs in helping roles. I have a degree in psychology. Iā€™ve been a helper in relationships, which isnā€™t always good. Iā€™ve been manipulated and taken advantage of. Iā€™ve had romantic relationships too and you canā€™t be a ā€œmotherā€ to your partner.
-I also believe I have a higher purpose in life. Iā€™ve recently become an advocate and mentor for ALS.

Protection/shielding
-Being an empath is very draining. Iā€™ve been quite lax in doing this, but Iā€™m improving.
-Iā€™ve started cleansing myself and my home.
-I use crystals.
-I think self-care is very important.

I want to do some wards. Maybe some ruins on windows with salt water. Some protection jars and sprays.

This was much longer than I anticipated :rofl::crazy_face: I hope you can understand it!

Edited to make it a little easier to read.

13 Likes

We did the same shielding spray! Tell me it doesnā€™t smell amazing? Although you made some substitutions (so did I) so it might smell a bit different.
:rose:

14 Likes

Nice job! I really need to get my supplies together and make myself some this week. I think Iā€™m only missing cedarwood :thinking:

11 Likes

Challenge entry

I learned that I was an empath about 10 years ago. And I have had to learn how to practice, grounding, shielding and discerning what feelings are mine and what are other folks.

When I start to feel emotional, weird, ungrounded or sick. I ask myself and put my hands toward myself and say is this mine? And then put hands away from myself and ask if it is someone elseā€™s and then do those two hand gestures until my intuition tells me.

Frequently I have to shield myself when my partner or one of my family members are sick or having a hard time mental health wise. A lot of my time I am cutting cords, washing with salt and returning energy that is not mine to others.

I make my own sprays but did not do that for this challenge but will be doing it soon because I am about to run out!
I use:
Florida Water
Sage
Lemon Grass
Rosemary
Black Pepper ( these are all oils)

I decided to enchant a few objects for protection in the lunar new year because my partner and myselfā€™s lunar astorlgy stated we may run into some challenges. And my office door is in the misfortune area for the feng shui flying stars this year.
I enchanted three bracelets, two dragons, and three gourds. See a few of the things pictured here on my altar.

12 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Thank you so much to all of the kind, caring, and empathically-talented souls who joined in to explore the world of Empaths and empathic magick this week. From the spellwork to reflections, shared experiences and more, itā€™s been a delight reading the Covenā€™s entries this week! :heartpulse:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :dotted_line_face: :sparkles:

10 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in!