šŸŖ“ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Enchanting Herbs

Weekly Witchy Challenge for Amethyst:

I decided to learn about a new herb, and Iā€™m glad I did. I think Iā€™ll look into getting some of what I researched. It sounds useful! Hope yā€™all like it!

Arnica

arnica-3407825_640

~ Protection

~ Purification

~ Improve Psychic Skills

Arnica is a well known herbal remedy for bruises, joint pain, and to reduce inflammation.

The Arnica flower, also called Mountain Tobacco, is a symbol of strength and toughness. It is also used by empaths to protect from spiritual attacks and low vibrational energies.

Spreading Arnica around your home is said to protect it and bring fertility to your garden.

To keep unwanted people and energies out of a home or business, boil arnica blossoms in water and rub the resulting mixture on the door and window frames.

At pagan harvest festivals, arnica can be used as an offering to make sure there is a good harvest.

Harvest the flowers when they are at their best, around Midsummer.

Element: Fire
Planetary: Sun
Astrological: Leo, Aries, Aquarius

Resources:

Marble Crow blog.com
Green Witch Living.com
Aromags.com

20 Likes

Thatā€™s beautiful Amethyst! I wonder if it will grow in Texas? Iā€™m going to research Arnica and see.

13 Likes

Iā€™m not sure, but I guess it would be. Itā€™s certainly a great herb to grow!

14 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

For this challenge, I made my own incense which i have called Triad of Abydos.

It contains Frankincense, Myrrh, Rose Petals, juniper berries, Bay Leaves and Jasmine.

Here are the reasons for choosing each ingredient:

Frankincense represents the transcendent nature of Osiris, the god of the afterlife, who is closely linked to the spiritual realm.

Myrrh is purifying and symbolises the transformative aspect of Osiris as he undergoes a journey of death and rebirth. Myrrh is also linked with embalming and preservation, reflecting the rituals associated with Osiris.

Roses are often associated with love, beauty, and nurturing energy. They represent Isis as a goddess of love, fertility, and motherhood. Rose petals embody her caring and nurturing asppects.

Juniper berries have protective and regenerative properties. They symbolise Horus, who is associated with protection and kingship. Juniper berries represent his protective and regenerative powers.

Bay leaves symbolise victory, wisdom, and purification. They represent the combined energy and attributes of the triad. I added Jasmine as a means of connecting spiritually to all 3 members of the triad.

The recipe is 2 parts Frankincense and 1 part of all others. I used tablespoons. I also included macco powder to ensure it burns appropriately. They amount was calculated as a percentage of the other ingredients.

I kept some loose incense in a jar and use the rest to make sticks and cones.The sticks are a little thick and dont look terribly pretty but I am hoping they dry lighter! I will leave them to dry for a few days.

The loose incense certainly smelled lovely.

Blessed be

Alan

18 Likes

You need to come visit the PNW. There are tons of mushrooms hereā€¦ I will start posting someā€¦

15 Likes

Challenge Entry
I made my own Thursday Salt or Witches salt over the past two days.
Yesterday:
I crushed the egg shells from the sigil eggs that I made for Ostara, sea salt, and then the following Herbs because they are said to have protective properties according to the Baba Yaga Book, That I just wrote a review for.
Oregano
Nettle
Mugwort
Peppermint
Clover ( which I grew in my garden :slight_smile: )
Chamomolie
Rose (which I collected from the roses that grown on the land of my apartment )
Thyme
Rosemary
Slippery Elm
And then used activated charcoal cause I donā€™t have any ashes from things. Since I donā€™t burn things in my house. My partner has bad allergies and gets angry so I work on not burning things. Except for this recipe but I knew that they would be gone all day.
Today:
And I started in the morning. And you need to let your house air out it gets really smokey!!! ooops

At one point I started using the pestal to grind up the. herbs that were not fully dry before roasting themā€¦
It took about 20- 30 minutes to roast everything

Please excuse my dirty stoveā€¦ I promptly cleaned it after I smoking of the houseā€¦

18 Likes

**challenge entry **
Sorry ive missed the past two weeks, i returned to work after long period of leave and had struggled physically anf mentally so i ended up misding the last two entries.
Id been thinking about this challenge and was determined to give it ago despite how much struggling at the moment.

I thought alot about how i use herbs in various forms in my everyday life to add a bit of magic to everyday things. I came up with this list:

• eucalyptus/tea tree oil in my washing
  • baby freschia, lavender and sweet pea washing powder
  • apple, scarlet sunflower, red cranberry cleaning products
  • sage and chamomile oil in the oil difuser
  • herbal tea for health and wellbeing
  • coffee and guarana face wash
  • jasmine, sweet pea and freesia, berries and sandalwood in bodywash, hand cream and hand soap
  • lavender, mint, vanilla oil in oil difuser
  • lavender spray for spraying protection rune around my bed abd on pillow
  • lavender abd cinnamon for body spray

And ok not all these are technically herbs but you get the ideaā€¦ ive been tryimg to pick my items i use for everyday things based on what correspondence they represent and what using it for. I probably have wax melts or other oils too that have herb correspondance in it like i think one has clove in it amd id look through my oils and what im looking for and it be like my oil dufuser becomes a cauldron of sorts lol. I have a glass tea infuser drink bottle thats like a potion bottle. Im using everyday things to make my ordinary day just a littke bit magical which helpd me stay connected to my practuce even when um struggling to do anything big.

18 Likes

@Cosmic_Curiosity celineelise Salt is always good to have, and you made alot I see I like to use salt when I take a shower before ritual.
@Phoenix_Fire nix_Fire I missed you as always you always been one that I look forward to hearing from! You were busy! Sooo much MagiK
@Cosmic_Curiosity
I like the video thank you !
Just the other day I used a simple recipe Pinecone and is good for abundance we and is good for personal growth which is what I am working on. If you want to bless yourself or someone else it is good to use. My fav to blend with and I just added some rosemary and frankincense and I believe it turned out great!
@Amethyst Thank you love I have never heard of ARNICA I see ill have to do some more research on it so I can know if I can use it as an infuser in my tea.

I am still working on my spell for the dark moon to honor hecate and I went for a walk today and got some wild flowers, Roses and Red Clover I found and yarrow and so what I am working on is my spell which I decided to use the Kernips ritual that I always use by Cyndi Brannen I was in the garden all day trying to grow some new apothecary plants to my home. I am so grateful for plant magic and the medicine! Iā€™m thinking about having a cup of tea to help me relax tonight! I will just use chamomile lime @Amethyst I also like it case I donā€™t need the sugar!
SUPPLIES
:witch_hat:PURE WATER
:earth_element::SPRING OF JUNIPER OR THYME
:witch_cauldron:SACRED VESSEL
:fire:LIGHTER
Banishing the profane with the Kernips Ritual
Stand before the prepared water then light the sprig of thyme with the lighter
Quickley immerse the sprig in the water before it goes out
Hold the vessel up to the sky then down to symbolize the depths of the sea, and finally at your heart cventer to represent the land.
Wash your hands with the water then your face,
Cleanse your root, heart center and third eye with three counter -clockwise circles.
Flick off the water when complete . As you are cleansing, release your miassma into the water on your fingers. As you flick it off, feel the release.
At the center say
I cleanse myself with sacred water.
Purify any others present, the asperge the space by sprinkling the khernips using your left hand and proclaiming
The unwelcome are banished
Onece your finished aspersing cover the khernips with a black cloth. Dispose of it outside if you can in the compost or in an area
Hers some thyme from my garden :potted_plant:
I grew myself I like to incorporate some obsidian inside of the black sacred vessel I have. But this is an awesome cleansing ritual that you can do that is very easy that I got from Cindy Brannon that is in her book!

I am just preparing for my ritual.

Jeannie

16 Likes

:grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation:

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder:

:exclamation: This challenge will soon close :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience by the deadline:

ā†’ Tuesday, May 7 at 7:00 AM ET (Eastern US Time)

So many lovely herbs on display! :herb: :green_heart: A big thank you to all those who have shared their lovely plants, herbal wisdom, green magick, and more with the coven so far.

If you havenā€™t already shared an entry but would like to join in, this is your friendly reminder that you still have time left to do so.

Blessed Be! :potted_plant: :sparkles:

13 Likes

went on a Beltane trip to a pretty waterfall and hike in a old limestone rock quarry turned natural spring. Found some wild Mullein and lambs ear, so got to bless them and harvest some

16 Likes

Merry meet @tara17 !

Iā€™m Kat and I practice eclectic green magick and am interested in tarot, runes, ogham, herbalism, and moon magic.
The Beltane trip sounds amazingly beautiful!

Weā€™re glad to have you here. :purple_heart: Make yourself comfortable, explore, and feel free to ask questions!:herb: :bow_and_arrow: :crescent_moon: :hekate_wheel:

12 Likes

My Challenge Entry

I used this challenge to launch my study of herbs. I am working through the ā€œGreen Witchā€ course.

My Tamed Wild box came with the perfect apron for a kitchen witch and an herbal deck. (and I have my witchy hat from Ren Faire) I think I have the perfect outfit for my new journey.

My husband is building me a greenhouse so hopefully soon I can start growing my own herbs.

16 Likes

Challenge Entry

Thursday night later in the evening after our beautiful Tea Ritual, I sat on the floor preparing to take a bath and started to journal and considered the Spells8 Lunar ritual for the night. So I combined the lunar ritual, and bath to refresh, release and restore my energy, and the herb challenge! WEW you go girl! :kissing_heart:
I also journaled for the end of the month, Beltane and the start of this month with some of my intention of establishing a routine. While writing and man was I in a flow! A nice size spider crawled right at me I mean face to face then crossed where I was journaling. I of course looked this up (after my small heart attack and gently removing it from my room) and it was a wonderful sight that I am on the right path. So I guess thats confirmation for my schedule I am planning. Pisces :pisces: energy can be emotional and draining for me as I am a Pisces.

For the herbs I used:
Yellow candle rolled in jasmine and lavendar (communication, intelect, creativity, dispel negative energy).
Light blue candle rolled in sage (meditation, tranquility, peace, healing, and encourage relaxiation).
Yellow rose pedals - joy, happiness, and enlightenment.
flordia water - ward off bad luck.
CBD salt balm - anti-Inflammatory, mood elevation and feelings of well-being while calming your body.

12 Likes

Challenge Entry :no_entry_sign::no_entry_sign:

I chose to do this.

I also utilized this meditation.

I know none of it has to do with herbs really but it was listed as an option. So here we are. I did cleanse with sage and Palo Santo.

12 Likes

Challenge entry

I used this challenge as an excuse to make use of some of my small packets of herbs or small amounts of leftovers. I grabbed four little glass containers and made four separate batches of mixed herbs for ease of use when I want them.

The general themes are healing and love, prosperity, transformation and moon magick, and all things psychic and divination-related. Thereā€™s a little bit of protection magick in all of them, too.

I donā€™t like wasting things, so this helped me handle the things I only have small amounts left of, and also brush up on which herbs can help with what. :black_heart:

15 Likes

Nice love that :heartbeat:

11 Likes

@Diamond Beautiful :heart:

@crystal5 always wanted a greenhouse :white_check_mark:

@tara17 sounds lovely :heart_eyes:
@Jeannie1 I hope you enjoyed your ritual. Sounds amazing :heart_eyes:

@celineelise thatā€™s really neat. Did it smoke like crazy? Or nah? Just wondering :wink: so creative :people_hugging:

12 Likes

Thanks for sharing this terrific information!

13 Likes

Circes Protection Paquet,
To find my voice
Supplies
3 Bay Leaves
Piece of Black Cloth
Black string
Piece of Papper
Cleanse yourself with the Khernips ritual
Hold the bay leaves in both hands at your heart center and say
Fair Nobilis, grant me your protection.
Fair Nobliis, grant me your prophecy.
Fair Nobilis grant me your prosperity.
Now hold the bay leaves over your root the area around your pubic bone and recite the incantation again
Hold the leaves over your Third Eye the center of your forehead and say
with these words I activate your powers now.
With graditude for your power Nobilis
As I speak it so!
Wrap the three leaves in the black cloth. As you wrap the string around your bundle recite the incantation.
After knotting the tie, recite the incatation one final time
Your amulet is not ready. You can tie it on a string so you can wear it hang it, or keep it in your bag or pocket. You are know ready to return to Hecates Garden.
Ritual and all rights bye Cyndi Brannen Hecates Garden :potted_plant:

I decided to make a infusion with my tea
And burn some sacred :dash: smoke
Connecting to plant medicine like
Mugwort- Lore
Bay leaves my favorite plant for banishing and protecting and restoring
Roseā€™s every color connection to the color
Keep your ashes there sacred you can use it for your black salt.

Jupiter- Growth, higher knowledge, good luck, fortune :crystal_ball:, success

@Devenne thank you I enjoyed my ritual today! Thankful for my craft every day cause I really depend on it whole heartedly! Plant medicine and Witchcraft is my medicine!
Ps loved ur sigil! I almost forgot to tell you but I LOVE ur videos! Thank you for taking the time and care to do them!
Jeannie

15 Likes

Crystal
Stunning deck I love it because it tells you what you can and can not do with the herbs :potted_plant: I love your beautiful garden :potted_plant:
@Diamond beatifull apothecary, I like the yellow and the bright colors and welcome to the coven beautiful and wonderful vibes!
@celineelise I would l Love to hear about more mushrooms :mushroom: also I love ur black salt you really made a lot so it should be good for along time!

Jeannie

12 Likes