♨ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Energy Work

@Garnet
One of the things I absolutely love is your beautiful and graceful presence here :infinite_roots: I am truly blessed by your comments.
:heart:

14 Likes

Very cool challenge and the prompts really got me thinking!!

• Can you use only your own energy, or can you use energy from your surroundings?
    I think you can use energy from the surrounding. I feel that all is connected on an energetic level and we can tap into the surroundings to harness other energies.

• Is it possible to steal or drain energy from others- alive, dead, spirit, or otherwise?
    I never thought about this action as a way of stealing, but now that I hash out the thought in my head, I would say Yes - it is possible to steal energy. I’m usually the person who gets their energy drained and when that happens, it’s not because I wanted it to or because I gave permission. I think there are ways to be aware of when it is happening (or before it happens) that help us prevent it but in my personal experience, it my energy has definitely been stolen by others.

• Is magickal energy the same thing as life energy?
    I think magickal energy and life energy are synonymous because the creation of life itself is magickal in my opinion.

• Can energy be good or bad, or is it always neutral?
    Good question! Never thought about this in depth before. I’ve said the words “good energy” and “bad energy” before but never really thought about what makes it good vs bad. I think energy can be used to recharge, to shield, to invigorate, can be directed and can be manipulated or infused with intent. Sort of like a tool (my initial analogy was a weapon, but wanted to keep it on the lighter side!). Tools are neutral. Like a shovel, or the internet. They can be used for what is considered a good purpose or intent but they can also be used for “bad deeds or intent”.

• It is a force like “chi” that flows throughout the body? Or is it something fixed in place?
    My inner Star Wars fangirl says yes! In all of the Star Wars movies, shows and books I am 100% persuaded that the Force is just Energy! It moves and flows through everything and is present when it’s not in a “thing”. I imagine it to be what the wind would look like or water in a stream. But I think it can get trapped or stuck and that’s when we can feel stagnant energy which I think is really heavy and draining because it is not able to freely flow.

• Is it something that only living things have, or is it everywhere?
    I think that energy is everywhere. I don’t believe it can die, even when the body or thing it is in dies, it still is around because it is constantly flowing.

• Where does energy come from? Can it be destroyed?
    I don’t know where energy comes from and I honestly don’t know if we can really make it. I think we can harness it and stir it up but it was already there so we didn’t make it. I also don’t think it can be destroyed. It can leave a vessel or move between spaces, it can be cleansed and recharged but not destroyed.

I gave myself an energy cleanse/renewal bath that incorporated lavender, chamomile, and rose along with some candles, amethyst and rose quartz crystals. I said some affirmations as I poured water over myself and let the words really sink in to me each team I said them. It was a great and necessary ritual and I did feel recharged and “level” afterwards.

15 Likes

You’ve said some wise words there!

14 Likes

robin77
Well done Miss Robin, well done, well done.
Garnet

13 Likes

Great job @robin77! Wonderful emtry!

13 Likes

Speaking of energy my challenge formyself this week kinda follows from what i started last week. An individual or series of crystal grids that will look at holistic wellbeing… n one area will be looking at physicsl wrllbring n the issue of condtantly endung up barely able to stay conscious or move after seberal days at work. N combatting or protecting against negative energies in environment or from others both envirobmental but also that impact other aread of my wellbeing amd using and charging crystals for each area of wellbeing in the grid or grids .all arounf tge 8 areas of wellbeing. A holistic approach.

Physical wellbeing
Emotional wellbeing
Financial wellbeing
Mental wellbeing
environmenyal wellbeing
Spiritual wellbeing
Social wellbeing
Career /vocationsl wellbeing

Im going to decide an intention for each area n have it all wirk togetger n build energy towards a holistic approach to better balanace and welkbeing. Esp aftee athough week of working n yesterday i callapsed at work again. No one noticed, no one cared. I got up n kept going. . N another day after a series of days at work n ive stuggled to stay consciois n my whole body lead weight. Even writing this is such a struggle . So im going to create this holistic wellbeing crysyal grid/s as i acknowledged each area can impact on others and ill pick specific intentions and affirmations for each n charge the grid regularly to build on this goal andwork towards a better balance and better wellbeing. Cause this week ive been pushed too far i got to point id almost handed notice in right then n there, ive broken down again even though the attack towards me had just been their stress n anxiety n id just been helping everyonr n doijg what id been told to do. Ive callapsed in heap but not blacked out n again no one noticed or cared i was struggling. Or that again working over time not just expected because of low staff but more so because lots of kobs syill needed to be done n who knows wherethe otgers were… knowing i may not even get paid for the time was expected to stay back but definatly not tge time i had to stay back beyond thst but cause boss was gone by then she wouldn’t of seen but what can she do, shes not the one making that call if ppl get paid to stay back to do jobs. I have so much to do but im barely able to move. I have compkex situation that bot onky covers alot of areas of life but each impact on others n as id been looking at holistic wellbeing n wanting not only to help others with thid but also needed to work on it myself so thats my challenge this week working on the energy work through crystals. I even got some crystal grids, definition cards n affifmation cards to help me n looking at the 8 areas of wellbeing im hoing to look at what crysyals i neeed n how yo set up tge grid/s to utilise and work with the energies to improve each area with a spevific intent for each but also that works togeter to improve wellbeing overall. Ive been learning how the setup can help or hinder energy flow of crystals n i am both excitrd to work on this but also almost desperate becayse i know i need to do something to create a change. N soon. When ive got something decided on i can try upload photos of ptogress one thing i needd thougb is ink to print of resources id got. But that’s a walk to shops n energy im struggling to gather esp as body feels like lead. I need ink for work n study anyways n food but its taken so long just to get to a point i can stay conscious even with coffee. Now im struggling thougg gettinh moving. When i work i dont slack off im always on the go n helping everyone else because i see they are struggling. But it means by the time i get a day off work i can barely function. I need a change. I have Hope because unlike before, discoverinh magic i have found a sense of empowermwny that now i can do something to help create change, so thats my goal. Work with the energy of crysrals n sacred geometry n grids to bring aboyt positive change n hopefully not only for myself but for others around me.

11 Likes

It’s time for a friendly reminder!

Thank you so much to everyone who has jumped in and explored the world of magickal energy :bulb: If you want to enter the challenge but haven’t done so already, please know that you have one more day left to do so:

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and haven’t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: April 26th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

May the force be with you :wink: and blessed be! :hotsprings::sparkles:

11 Likes

To cleanse my energy, I did a dandelion tea meditation. Dandelions are seen as garden and lawn nuisance, but what many don’t understand is how beneficial they are! These “little suns”, as I like to call them, are a diuretic, which can aid your liver in removing toxins from the body, lower cholesterol and blood sugar, improve your immune system. They can even prevent UTI’s!
I picked some dandelions and put them on my altar. During my meditation, I invoked the Solar Dragon and then visualized a garden full of weeds and said, I weed out all energies in my spiritual garden that do not serve me, all thoughts and all fears that limit me, so mote it be
I then visualized them myself pulling all the weeds out and replacing them with dandelions.
After the petals dried out, I’m thinking of making some sun salts with them as an offering to the Solar Dragon.

13 Likes

I have been reading about ancient Egyptian magic and about Hermetism. The first law of Hermetism is the law of mentalism. That is ‘ the All is mind-the universe is mental’. The second is correspondence-as below, so above. As without so within (visa versa). I also use energy work in my massage business.

12 Likes

I’m happy I am able to catch this one!! As part of my exercises from reading Psychic Witch, I’ve been working with energy to build my psychic powers.

The very first step is learning to focus on a single mental task. This is very important for meditation as well as being able to willingly enter into what the author refers to as the Alpha state in which we are must receptive to the subtle energies around us that fuel our psychic abilities. Having mediated for several years, this was relatively easy for me.

The next major step is learning to ground. You either stand firmly with feet hip width apart or sit cross legged. You focus on the energy flowing through your body then bring your awareness to the top of your head and start to scan down to your feet. As you scan down, your energy is moving down with you. As you tech your legs, you fell that your energetic roots start to enter the earth. Then, with a firm but relaxed will power, you extend your power down these roots into the earth. These roots travel through the earth to the core and the heart of the earth. Imagine that the heart is made of beautiful white light. Any energy that you can not handle is released through these roots. You are now grounded.

Where I am at now is practicing raising terrestrial energy and drawing down celestial energy. This will allow me to pull on external energy that is already at my disposal without depleting my own. Ultimately, the goal is to create a circuit with these two energies so that they are continually running through me and I will not have to directly pull on them.

For both, you start with grounding yourself. After, you bring your awareness back to your roots, down through the soil, through the earth to the Earth’s heart. You then begin to soak up this white light through your energetic roots. Think of it as a plant soaks up water through it’s roots. As it travels back through the earth and back to your body, all the Earth’s energy to travel through your whole body, energizing every cell.

I’ve been somewhat successful in raising terrestrial energy. It defiantly has a distinct feeling to it. For me, it feels like going out after a rain shower when it’s cooled the hot Texas summer down several degrees. The air is fresh and crisp, the oppressive heat is gone, and I’m full of joy. As I’m doing this, I get images of waking barefoot through a lush forest that smells like rain and lavender (two of my favorite smells). Everything is so green and active. This energy is a very “active” and “do” energy for me. When I’m channeling this energy, I get very excited to “do the thing” and embrace my full power.

Terrestrial energy is the hardest of the two for me to pull on though. Pulling down celestial energy is much easier for me. In a similar fashion, you start with grounding. You then bring awareness to the crown of your head and feel your energy extend upward towards the stars. Imagine that your energy is now the branches of the trees, reaching out to the sun, moon, and stars above. The Musica Universalis, or music of the spheres, is the pure celestial energy and the song of harmonic resonance. Takes moment to meditate and feel this energy. Then you begin to soak the energy up through the leaves of your branches, drawing out down through the branches to your body, filling every cell.

I can pull down celestial energy every time I try. I’m not sure if this has to do with my Patron Goddess Selene or not. I’ve always been fascinated by the night sky with all the stars and the moon so I think I’m just inclined to be able to channel this energy more efficiently. This energy is more peaceful and relaxing than terrestrial energy for me. I receive images of calm beach waves on a pure white beach. The water is a memorizing teal color and gives off scents of sea water and honey chamomile tea. When I’m channeling this energy I am very relaxed, calm, and I’m able to see things clearly.

I’ve yet to attempt the two together as I’m trying to be more reliable with drawing up the terrestrial energy first.

12 Likes

Three cheers for delicious and :sparkles: magical :sparkles: coffee!

I love that you used the prompts as the challenge entry. These questions really tickle the brain :brain: and make me think, too! I loved reading your answers. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That sounds like a beautiful plan :pray: I hope it all works out well for you! :heart:

I’ve never had dandelion tea :thinking: is it any good?

It sounds like you’ve been busy!

Ohhh I remember doing those exercises! I even go back to the focus exercise, the very first one, when my mind is feeling scattered. For me, drawing down the celestial energy was simple enough but it always left me feeling like I had touched a wire and I was buzzing with energy. It’s wild that when I do that exercise I can literally feel the warmth and draw of the celestial energy. The terrestrial one is a bit more difficult for me when I’m meditating in my room because I’m on the second story. I kind of have to go through multiple layers to get down to the Earth and I feel more resistance, if that makes sense :laughing: That book definitely has some good exercises in it!

13 Likes

It’s hard to describe, but I’d say it has an earthly taste to it. I can tell it’s something that’s not for everyone though.

11 Likes

:infinite_roots:WWC- Energy Work Entry

I did an energy work sampler this week!

First off I used a lot of physical energy!

I worked with my crystals, holding them in my hand to see if I could feel a different vibration with different stones. I could! :smiley:

I received a lot of exciting energy from my baby sprouts popping up. I get so excited when they first appear. :heart: :herb:

I read about :woman_fairy:Fairy energy and decided that I am going to create a home for them over Beltane. I found a cool DIY video on youtube of a rock home :house:that’s sooo cute!

I have been drinking more tea :teapot: to recharge my energy. As far as the way cool energy stuff that some of you guys can do- I am not there yet! I will get it, I just need more practice :wink:
I read everyones posts and learned some new stuff. I really like what @marsha did, That is so cool that you know about all that. I checked out the links you posted, I found it very interesting :thinking: and bookmarked a page for more reading later. Thank you for sharing that :rose:
Oh yeah, I’m going to name my Fairy Home but not sure what it’s going to be yet.
Bless Be All
:butterfly:

11 Likes

Good evening to all :hugs:
For my weekly entry, I studied up on the topic of Energy Cords.
This is something that I felt compelled to do for the “clearing of an Energy Cord” because I can’t cut this one.
It’s my mother. Our energies don’t mesh, and she is my most challenging relationship. We share a home now because she is in her elder years and needs financial assistance. ( as I’m writing this, I can hear her yammering on about something, and I probably need to commit to doing this clearing daily. Haha)
I often try to manage my emotions internally and externally with her, and this ritual was very simple yet effective. I put on some calming instrumental music in front of the fire and had my supplies laid out before me. I lit my candle and burned some lavender incense, sprinkled sea salt in a circle around me, and visualized my mother and me with a cord of light attached to our hearts. I chanted the mantra repeatedly, and it was lovely; I could feel the connection. I felt at peace with us. The candle burned out, and I cleansed the area with sage. I will be using this ritual often with her and me because I will never cut the cord. I can’t. I have to find peace within myself over this and will. So mote it be :heart:

12 Likes

Hmm…probably not for me then :laughing:

How fun! :fairy: I hope you’ll share pictures when you’re done!

All the best blessings for you two! :sparkles: I think the way you handled this was very mature and clever! I love the idea of keeping the cords cleansed rather than cut. :clap: Great job!

12 Likes

This week I decided to work with Energy Cords, Crystals, and Meditations. I feel I have a connection that I need to cut the cord from with someone I’ve felt that I need to let go. I felt this was an unnecessary tie holding me back from moving forward in life.

I’ve always felt a connection with vibes and energy off of others but thought I was just thinking negatively or judging. Once I got older and really understood what energy was, it started to click for me. I do have my own energy as I’ve been told when I walk into a room, I have such HUGE energy, that everyone knows the second I’m there. I can try to be as discreet as possible, but my energy is always felt. I carry myself as best as I can, I follow my intuition and gut feelings, and I read people and feel their vibes/energy. I can use my own energy, however; to control the situation I’m in if I feel theirs is off. I guess I sort of feed off of others energy and go from there with how I’m feeling. It’s usually well-known when I’m doing it, I’ve had so many of my friends and family tell me that I’m a very “high energy” type of person. I truly believe it as well!

I think energy from the dead or spirits can leak out into your life and drain / steal your energy. I’ve struggled with this because I believe a certain person close to me stays around to protect me and I can feel their energy around me. I know it well from when they were around, I can feel it when they’re near still. It can definitely affect my mood and thinking for the day.

I also believe that energy can be both good and bad. I’ve felt it in myself, and can tell the difference. I can really tell within others immediately what type of energy they’re giving off. I can be very persuasive with my thinking and speaking, sometimes changing their energy from bad to good. (Which makes me happy that I have the ability to control the situation sometimes, because who wants to be caught up in some bad energy with someone you’re around?)

I could answer many of those questions listed for the week, but I decided to respond to the few I felt the most connected with and could explain the best into words. Sometimes, I can’t change another person’s energy. I can’t change the connection they have towards me or that I’ve even attained from them towards themselves. I felt a cord cutting ritual would be what’s best. I love to meditate with candles, it’s absolutely the most calming and relaxing way I’ve ever meditated in my life. It’s hard to cut ties with someone when the connection between you has been this way for so long. I knew it was time and I had to make the choice whether or not this was the correct way to do so. I’ve already completed a bad luck go away spell, and my results have been showing and days are getting better.

I decided to do an Energy Meditation. I am a full believer in my energy being good, not bad. The better it is, the better my life will be. I decided to meditate on a positive future and continue to have a positive vibe. It made me think of the person I need to cut ties with, and it’s not for a bad reason. It’s beneficial for my future and my son’s. This tie has caused me to be up and down and my emotions all over the place. NOT their fault, completely mine because I invested so much time and energy into this person, I just could not let it go. Moving on isn’t always a bad thing, and now I understand why.

I loved working with Energy this week. Thankfully, this is something I really understood for the most part and enjoyed knowing mostly of what I was doing. Thanks again for another great weekly challenge! :smile:

11 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Can you feel it in the air? :laughing: The forum has been charged with energy over the past week- thank you so much to everyone who jumped in and explore magickal energy for the challenge! :raised_hands: :zap:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :hotsprings::sparkles:

10 Likes

@Phoenix_Fire I’m glad you like the energy ball idea too! It was one of my favorite moves in Tai Chi, and has been really helping for visualizing and channeling energy flow :blush: And I love your exploration of the 8 areas of well-being, it’s neat to see them organized and broken down like that- makes it easier to focus on one at a time! :raised_hands: It sounds like you are having a very tough time at work and that your health is not in a good place- are you able to see a doctor at all? Please get the rest you need and take good care of yourself! :heart:

@Amethyst You’re very welcome! I hope if you give the energy ball work a try that it is helpful for you- they make it look very elegant in Tai Chi, but it can be a lot of fun too! :grin:

@JollyStar Beautiful work with your magic armor spell, Amber! It sounds like the spell left you feeling good- that’s a big sign of success, great work! :star2:

@CelestiaMoon It is indeed a massive subject to dive into, which is both intimidating and exciting at the same time :laughing: Thanks for sharing your thoughts about energy and I wish you all the best with any studies you pursue into energy healing! :sparkles:

@Martje I love how you created your own ritual and incorporated the symbol that came to you while meditating. The combination of symbolism with movement and meditation sounds really neat- and it looks like it was a big success for you! I think your work is a lovely personal exploration of strength and energy in your Craft and that is exactly what the challenge is all about. Thanks so much for sharing, and wishing you the best with the rest of the 21 days! Enjoy your blessing oil and Florida water as well! :heart:

@Susurrus Wow, Siofra- you have come such a long way on your journey of energy and crystal healing, it is really inspiring to see how much your skills and abilities have flourished. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences and exercises- wishing you all the best with your continued energy and crystal studies! :gem:

@LadyFireCancer Sorry to hear about the struggles with your husband, but good for you for jumping in to explore the bonds and cleanse away any negativity! I hope your cleansing research, egg cleanse, and curse breaker went well and that they invite in fresh new positive energy for you both :revolving_hearts:

@Eliza_01 The method of measuring energy with a dowsing scale and pendulum sounds really interesting- thank you for sharing it, Eliza! It’s also interesting to see how the four categories of Chi energy are categorized. Sometimes what is a mystery today is common knowledge tomorrow- keep up with your studies and let your passion for learning burn brightly! I wish you all the best with your quest for knowledge :books::blush:

@MeganB Sometimes old books have forgotten gems of wisdom, but there’s a lot of outdated stuff to sort through to find them- I had been reading some public domain books for the book club a while back and, while interesting, there were parts that were a chore to get through :sweat_smile: It sounds like this guide has lots of interesting content though- thanks you for sharing the Tower of Light, and how you made it work for you! :candle::shield:

@Ostara I’m with you, Ostara- disinfecting the bad energy is just as important as disinfecting any bacteria! Wishing you all the best with your cleansing and purification work at your courthouse, I hope it goes well and that it makes your workday much easier to get through :blush:

@mary25 A home is very important place- good for you for honing in and focusing on the space around you, it sounds like you’ve made your dwelling a really loving place to be :heart::house: You have some great names picked out (and I love Rosita for your car! :oncoming_automobile:) and I am sure that you will find the perfect match for your home :blush: Living in apartments and staying with family means I don’t have a permanent dwelling as of yet, but when the time is right and I’ve got a place I will definitely consider doing a naming ceremony- I love the idea!

@Marsha I would love to hear more of the story of your journey through healing and the energy techniques you’ve explored with your teachers if you’re ever up for sharing it, Marsha! :blush: For now, the knowledge about the Schumann Resonance is a very lovely gift- I hadn’t heard of it before and it was delight to learn about- thank you so much for sharing! :sparkling_heart:

@AileyGrey I hope through the challenge entries and resources shared you’ve been able to find the reading materials you were hoping for- energy work is such a vast subject, there is so much explore! :blush: And I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been feeling under the weather- sometimes the changing seasons are such a big shift in energy that it can leave us feeling pretty weathered. The coffee spell consecration is a lovely one- good for you for jumping in and giving it a try! A little bit of magick makes every cup all the more tasty if you asked me- there’s something nice about a blessed brew! :coffee:

@Robin77 I am so glad you enjoyed the prompts, Robin- thank you very much for your thoughtful responses to the questions! I learn a lot and am always inspired by seeing how others approach questions like this- I’ve found they help me forumualte and put my own ideas into words. Really great work with them, and on your energy cleanse bath as well- it sounds like it was a very lovely experience! :bathtub: :sparkles:

@Kasandra Ohhh a dandelion tea meditation is so lovely- a such a great one for spring! :tea: You’re right that they are absolutely loaded with benefits, and I always found it neat that they are one of the few plants where the entire plant can be used in medicine- they really pack a powerful medicinal punch! :blush: I love your weeding chant- may all that holds you back be weeded out and cleansed- great work!

@Flowing It sounds like you’ve been enjoying your studies- the Law of Mentalism sounds interesting! It is curious to explore the bonds and resonances between the mind and the Universe, and find where the two intersect and correspond. Thank you for sharing! :relaxed:

@Amaris_Bane These are all wonderful exercises for building up and strengthen psychic powers- thank you so much for sharing them! I particularly like the exercise for the body scan, I’ve found scans to be great for increasing focusing and grounding, they are great to do before and/or after a meditation :person_in_lotus_position: I’m cheering you on in your studies- it sounds like you are doing amazing work with energy! Thanks so much for sharing :heart:

@Sarafeena_Sage Great work with your energy sampler- I think exploring how magickal energy can be found in various aspects of magick is a fantastic idea! It sounds like you found an abundance of bright and supportive energy in all the things around you :blush: Wishing you all the best with your fairy house- have fun building it! :fairy: I’m sure you will find the perfect name. Good luck and blessed be! :sparkles:

@Mistella There are indeed some cords that, although they channel stress and negativity at times, are important enough that we cannot cut them. I think a cleanse is great way to approach this bond with your mother, and I give you props for how much heart and care you put into the ritual :heart: Beautiful work, Mistella- thanks for sharing!

@Janae_Rochele It sounds like energy work and sensing have been big parts of your practice- you’ve got a natural talent when it comes to energy! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the journaling prompts, I appreciate that you took the time to explore the ones that called to you. People approach the questions in different ways, but I always learn a lot and feel like my mind is opened by seeing them from various perspecitives- beautiful work with how you approached them! You’re very welcome about the challenge, thanks so much for joining in :raised_hands: :two_hearts:

The Props and Presents post for this challenge is now live in the forum and everyone who shared an entry has been sent a little badge to honor their exploration of the theme :trophy::blush:

Thanks again so much to everyone for joining in- it seems that energy work is a very popular area of magick! I suppose that makes sense as it is a foundational part of the Craft! :woman_mage: :sparkles:

May energy always flow your way and may you be blessed by good vibes- many blessings, Energy Channelers! :raised_hands: :hotsprings:

19 Likes

Love this thanks for posting it. What app is that you are using? It seems to be on the desktop am i right?

11 Likes

Thank you I believe it did…sending big hugs to you :heart:

10 Likes