đź‘Ą Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Freedom in Forgiveness

Merry meet!

Thank you once again to all those who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge- Dual Wielding :crossed_swords:

After bringing opposite forces into balance in our practice, it’s time to seek out another kind of peaceful harmony within ourselves :relieved:

The theme for this week’s challenge was suggested by the kindhearted @RyuWyn and is…

Witchy Challenge Freedom in Forgiveness

:dove: :relieved: Finding Freedom in Forgiveness :old_key: :busts_in_silhouette:

Forgiveness is the act of addressing a past wrong and trying to make amends- whether it is with someone who wronged you, a situation that is haunting you, or even something within yourself.

While there are times when forgiveness may be rushed or faked in order to reach a goal (be it in a workplace, at school, in a relationship, etc.), true forgiveness is a very valuable thing with strong internal and external benefits.

By putting a heavy burden aside through forgiveness, you may be able to find new freedom, happiness, and finally be able to overcome something that has been holding you back- opening up new possibilities in both your spiritual and daily life :sparkles:

Art by Mario Sanchez Nevado: Forgiveness

Forgive and forget

Forgiveness is not the same as forgetting- it is possible to forgive someone and put the situation to rest while still holding onto the lessons and wisdom you learned along the way.

Remember that sometimes the act of forgiveness isn’t something we do for other people- sometimes we forgive to set ourselves free :dove:

That being said, please note that this challenge is not asking you to forgive everything. You may decide, in your reflection, that there are some things you cannot forgive- and that’s okay! It is 100% your choice and up to you to decide where to draw your lines :blush:

The goal of this challenge isn’t to forgive all the wrongs of the world (although if that calls to you, feel free to pursue it!)- the true goal here is to explore the benefits of reflection and meditative thoughts in the pursuit of finding freedom and peace within :heart:

In many cases, practicing magick that works with forgiveness will echo Shadow Work in that it will likely unearth difficult or painful memories.

So just as you would with Shadow Work, please practice safely and save some energy for some wholesome self-care work afterward! :hugs:

Are you ready?

Because it’s… CHALLENGE TIME!

:bellhop_bell:

Picture from The Art of Living: The Hidden Magic of Forgiveness

STEP 1 : Finding Forgiveness :thinking:

Before embarking on this challenge, take some time for reflection: is there something or someone in your life that is holding you back? Something you are holding onto that is preventing you from moving forward?

Your source to forgive may be anything at all. Here are a few example things you might consider:

• A memory
  • Your coworker
  • An ex-partner
  • A friend you lost touch with
  • A parent
  • Something you said or did in the past
  • An emotion you can’t move on from
  • A past failure
  • A global situation
  • Etc!

Again: Remember that forgiveness does not mean forgetting- it also does not mean we are agreeing with or giving into what happened. Forgiveness here is acknowledging the problem in order to decrease its power and be able to move forward :railway_track:

If you are struggling to find something to work on for this challenge, you may want to spend some time meditating or do some deep-dive Shadow Work for some inner reflection :person_in_lotus_position:

STEP 2 : The Magick of Forgiveness :sparkles:

Once you have chosen something you’d like to forgive, it is time to bring in your magick :woman_mage: From spells, rituals, prayers, chants meditations, and more- this challenge calls on you to use your magickal skills to find freedom in forgiveness. How you do so is up to you!

To help you get started, here are a few ways you might pursue forgiveness in your practice…

:mage: Forgiveness Spellwork

Cast pre-made spells and rituals (or make your own!) that deal with forgiveness.

Forgiveness Written Ritual
2778796669428a91ec8b3773269e078527fd5dba_2_775x436

Forgiveness Video Ritual

:scroll: A Farewell Letter

Say goodbye and put the situation to rest with a farewell letter. You can use a pre-made template or design your own letter to help you move forward.

Farewell Letter Ritual
Ritual-for-a-Dead-Loved-One-800x530

→ A Conscious Rethink: How to Write a Forgiveness Letter for Self-Healing
→ Positive Mom: How to Write a Forgiveness Letter to Yourself

:raised_hands: …And more!

From the many forgiveness meditations on YouTube to prayers of forgiveness (like this Buddhist forgiveness prayer here!) there are many other ways you might pursue forgiveness in your practice!

Let your creativity be free as you pursue freedom in forgiveness :dove::grin:

Art by Kate Garner: Forgiveness

STEP 3 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for notes about challenge inclusitvity

All witches are welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a shout-out, you will have to share your experience with the forum.

To participate in the challenge, please share:

1. How you used magick to examine/find forgiveness in your life

(Note that for this challenge you do not have to share exactly what it is you are forgiving if you’d like to keep that personal!)

For your entry to be counted, please write about your experience in the comments below and/or create a new thread in the forums.

Note : If you choose to create a new thread, please tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink back to this post so that I can easily find it- thank you! :bowing_woman:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, December 14th at 7:00 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time)
( 2021-12-14T12:00:00Z )

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

The-Art-of-Forgiveness
Picture from Experience Life: The Art of Forgiveness

A warm reminder that all challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team .

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Picture from TED Radio: Forgiveness

Hardships and worries, problems of the past
They cling on and linger- how long will they last?
Though painful and hard letting go may be-
I empty my heart and set myself free!

Blessed be! :busts_in_silhouette: :heart:

18 Likes

I need to learn to forgive a friend that I lost touch with. I admit that I’m still feeling kind of bitter that she didn’t invite me to her wedding three years ago. We were very close growing up, like sisters, and spent so much time together.
After we both graduated from high school, we drifted apart. I had just gotten my first smartphone, but she didn’t. We did have each other’s email, but she soon stopped responding to them.
I later learned that she almost didn’t graduate from
college because during that time she was experiencing tragedy after tragedy (death, illness, etc.) and fell into a deep depression.
As far as I know, she is doing fine, now. She is married with a child.
I didn’t have to be her Maid of Honor or a bridesmaid. I just wish that she had just invited me to her wedding. Her mom said that they couldn’t afford to have such a big guest list and they had to invite the ones who helped their family through the darkest chapter in their lives.
It really is a bummer, but the past is the past. Things happen. People change. And as a result, not all friendships last a lifetime, but as I’ve said, I’ll always have the memories.
I’ll think of a draconic ritual for letting go of the past.

13 Likes

Hmmmm,this is going to be interesting

10 Likes

Thanks a lot for bringing up my idea. I think this is the best season to start thinking about this. I hope ya’ll enjoy it :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Eep. This one is gonna be difficult for me. What to do, what to do! LOL!

9 Likes

@BryWisteria thank you so much for sharing this link: A Conscious Rethink: How to Write a Forgiveness Letter for Self-Healing there was a lot in there that I really needed to read:

“When people do us harm, we end up being attached to that mistreatment like a sort of chain”.

“By forgiving the jerk, we step free from the victim mindset and wield a set of spiritual bolt-cutters, thus choosing to sever that chain that still binds us to them.”

“We empower ourselves, and take action to free ourselves from them forever.”

“The person who hurt you will no longer live rent-free in your mind, body, or soul.” - This one. This one especially.

Like a constant dripping tap in the back of my head. Mitch, Mitch, Mitch.

I don’t think that it would come as a great surprise to anyone as to whom my challenge entry will be about. I don’t think this could have had any better timing. I literally prayed to the universe going to bed last night for a sign of what I need to do. I do believe that I have my answer.

With the holidays coming up, this will be the first time that I’m not focusing on basically on him and what he wanted in 15 years and I do admit…I have hit a speed bump and I really have been really struggling and sinking backwards into some pretty dark and scary places. I was getting frustrated with myself “come on Jess, it’s now week 10 without him. You should be getting better. Not getting worse.”

I know it’s all part and parcel of the healing journey but these past few days hit me like a runaway freight train.

But just simply reading that link I realise that not only forgiving him for what he has chosen to do over the last 15 years but also forgiving myself for the past 15 years will be a huge step in my healing journey.

So thank you to you @BryWisteria I really did need this.

Freedom in Forgiveness Entry

12 Likes

Just remember, it took years for it to get that bad, you aren’t going to heal in a matter of weeks. Be kind to yourself too!

14 Likes

That’s a very good point. I never thought of that. You’re right well and truly took years to get as bad as it did. I won’t be better. Poof. Just like that. I know some self-care is on the agenda these holidays.

11 Likes

I have every bit of faith that you’ll get there! You’ve done so well so far! Just think, this is a new year coming up and a brand new start for you, so that’ll be good.

11 Likes

I know for so many years I held on to that anger and resentment, and didn’t even realize the damage it had done until I did forgive. Didn’t realize the prison I built for myself with walls made of distrust, resentment, disappointment, and fear. It really allowed me to take my power back. It’s kind of liberating.

11 Likes

@christine13 @Amethyst Thank you both so much for caring about me. I really am looking forward to a fresh start in the new year.

12 Likes

Yes!!! I totally agree! The distrust of everyone else, paranoia, and resentment that I had built up were just killing me! As they say in 12- step recovery, “Holding onto resentment is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to get sick.” It’s so heavy to carry around.

@jessica72 ~ please give yourself a break! I was married to a narcissist for decades and because of cognitive dissonance and abuse amnesia,(it’s real-look it up if you want some super eye-opening information!) I have to continue to do forgiveness work. It is a long process. I have been divorced for 4 years and guess who’s going to be the focus of this challenge? :rofl: I hope you can let go of expectations of where you “should be” in your healing journey and love yourself exactly as you are. You are more wonderful than you are able to even imagine right now. You’re a blessing to this forum and I send you love and light to shine on your path. :heart:

11 Likes

@BrightBear OMG! I literally just broke down in tears, but in a good way. Thank you so much. You have helped me so much with that one post.

10 Likes

Nicely Said @Amethyst , Wise words! And I also agree with @BrightBear :grinning:
Be patient with yourself and your healing, Jessica. :candle: :candle: :purple_heart:

10 Likes

You’re welcome, my dear! A new start will do you good!

Thank you @Rowan, but it’s easy to be kind to someone as nice as @jessica72! :smiley:

10 Likes

Aw! I feel exactly the same way about my amazing friends here, just like you xxx

9 Likes

Dear Santa,
My children made me weep tears of pride and joy today so I don’t need one thing more. :joy:
Garnet.
PS: BUT you can leave me a Porsha, otherwise chocolate chip cookies would be nice. Just saying. : )

11 Likes

I think a Porche with a trunk filled to the brim with chocolate chip cookies would be what he should be leaving for the amazing mumma bear that you are to us all!

10 Likes

Oh yea, drool worthy…

9 Likes

Hi Kasandra,
It sounds like you have many memories with your beloved friend, and I can tottally understand where your coming from because I had many trials and lost a friend and sorta was the same situation. I miss her alot and It sounds like she needs to forgive you on the flip side of the coin. Honestly shes the one missing out! Maybe if you do a spell for rekindling friendship she will find you or you will find her. Cloves are good for protection, friendship and Catnip is also good for friendship, and love. There is a friendship spell that infinite roots has that may help.
7 Cloves+ Sea Salt and a Pink Candle
"With my finger or my wand,
I call upon the spiritual bond.
I humbly ask that we meet again,
And stay strong friendship well sustain.
For the highest good of all;
Let two halves make a whole
“So mote it be”

Try writing a letter, sometimes writing a letter makes it easier to get everything out and wont be so hard. I don’t know if that can happen but it would be a good start! I really hope that you find healing in your heart and remember that you should not feel guilty like you said sometimes people change and come into our lives for a seasons. Only we grieve the relationship we once had. Thank you so much for sharing with us! Like I said I am so glad that I have you because this entry helped me too!
Jeannie

12 Likes