šŸ‘» Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Ghosts & Spirits

It is kind of funny the days played out like that :laughing:

Alas, it is time to close the door on the challengeā€¦

(but donā€™t worry- the ghosts can still get through! :ghost: :door: :wink:)

d91d534120e2f16b96a6f6f10ac74fef
Gif from Pinterest

10 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

OooOOOOOOooooooOOOO!!! A spooky challenge indeed! Thank you so much to everyone who joined in to share ghost stories and spirit experiences. From the spine-tingling to the heartfelt, it has been an honor to read the wonderful entries shared this week. Thank you to all those who shared an entry! :pray: :sparkles:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :ghost::sparkles:

9 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in!

This topic is reopening for continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!)

The ā€œProps and Presentsā€ award post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

ā†’ Award Post for the Ghosts & Spirits Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: I hope you enjoy your new badge :medal_military:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional badges will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

9 Likes

Hi Devenne! Thanks again for your wonderful entry- if you have more stories that you feel called to share, please know that you are very welcome to do so! Although the challenge itself has ended, this space will remain open until next Monday for replies and continued chatting.

Alternatively, everyone is always welcome to create a new discussion (guide here) to continue to discuss long after the weekly challenge closes. Feel free to do what works best for you! Thanks again for sharing :heart: :blush:

9 Likes

@tracyS Iā€™ll be able to tell the difference between the good demons and the bad ones? Iā€™ll check it out.

9 Likes

I think the implication is that there arenā€™t any bad ones, @Devenne.

10 Likes

@starborn I could see that, Iā€™m feeling that. Iā€™m listening to a book right now about the Morrigan. Right this second at work itā€™s in my ears.

9 Likes

On the upside, I think Sam uses one to talk to Dean (when Dean died), just like a phone, in Supernatural. Maybe only positive rendering of a talky board in the movies .:grin:

9 Likes

@Devenne No bad demons, lots of different personalities, some more dynamic than others. But so far, Iā€™ve not had a bad experience. Nothing scary if thatā€™s what you mean. (Even my Alu, who is scary, is not scary once I understood what heā€™s all about, if that makes sense :crazy_face::rofl::heartpulse:)

9 Likes

Speaking ofā€¦ Iā€™m enjoying a city with no people.

There are lights and ambient sounds. Machine sounds coming out of carparks, traffic light pedestrian crossings, whirring of air conditioners, chirping of fruit bats. But none actively being made by people.

Just the stars and moon above, and me.

10 Likes

And a bright road home.

13 Likes

@starborn You could do alot with that picture. Itā€™s Samhain perfect :jack_o_lantern:

10 Likes

Sounds amazing. Wish I was there but then you would not be alone lol :laughing: that picture is beautiful. Love the night.

9 Likes

That is one serene picture. I like the black and white play of lights and textures. I feel like I could step into the scene, almost.

10 Likes

Wowā€¦I completely understand ā€œLike I was drawn to it.ā€ @Devenne Wish I knew where my Ouija Board was, my father probably threw it away with my Momā€™s BOS :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Blessed Be
Medea :black_cat: :witch_hat:

11 Likes

Iā€™m sorry about your dad :heartbeat: and your board and moms book.

10 Likes

The next day my cat was on my altar licking the cookie. Itā€™s so hard to keep him off of my altar. Maybe Iā€™ll put my offerings in a plastic container with a lid, so I know he canā€™t eat them Then I caught him stealing my feathers. So I have to hide those too. Ugh :face_with_peeking_eye: lol. Picture of the culprit Tom.

11 Likes

My black kitten is also a bundle of uncontrollable chaos and naughties. :joy:

Earlier today, he managed to pull the catnip sachet out of his lobster toy. I walked in on him lying on the floor, surrounded by catnip dust, like I just stumbled in on someone on an wild drug binge. :joy:

8 Likes