šŸ‘» Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Ghosts & Spirits

Thereā€™s something kind of funny about the door closing on ghost and spirit experience sharing before Halloween is over. :smile:

15 Likes

I Enjoyed reading your entry.your connection with the Hekate was detailed which looks like something I could actually do. Meditation seems to be one of my weaker skills. Iā€™ve been trying to teach myself to be able to sit still and concentrate while meditating. My kids used to pay me if I would sit down and watch a whole movie without getting up and down. This has always been a serious flaw of mine.

14 Likes

I absolutely agree with you! The first three I read were detailed, experienced knowledge. It also made me realize just how many others out there have been through so many similar situations and how different they are handled. It allows me to look at my events per se in a different light.
I thank everyone for that :revolving_hearts: :black_cat: :witch_hat:

13 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

I have previosuly added posts about my experiences with past loved ones so didnt want to simply repreat them. You may be aware that Dia de los muertos is coming soon. Therefore, in preparation I have made my ancester altar (ofrenda) I thought carefully about posting this because I didnt want people to assume cultural appropriation. Thereofre I am highlighting that I am not dressing up as a skeleton or painting my face etc. I am using this to appreciate the (too many) family members that I have I have lost recently in a manner that I appreciate and respect.

I actually have Mexican friends who are delighted that I am showing an appreciation of their culture. Their view is that we should be encouraging others to honour and celebrate their passed loved ones together. I am happy to take their opinion and feelings about it as it is their culture

On Thursday, i will go and place flowers on my grandfathersā€™ graves at the cemetery. I will also open up the windows and cleans the house to invite in my loved ones. I will light the candles on the altar and offer each person a drink of their favourite tipple.

I will use the connecting with ancestors meditation listed here on Spells8 in front of the altar.

I will then raise a glass to each of my passed loved ones.

I would like to share this quote with you all tooā€¦

Blessed be

Alan

18 Likes

I believe if you are honoring, respecting and appreciating anotherā€™s culture, you should be able to do so. Idk if thatā€™s cultural appropriation or not

14 Likes

That is exactly what my Mexican friends said. They said it wasnt as though i was mocking or making fun of it. They saw it as appreciation.

16 Likes

Iā€™ve enjoyed reading everyoneā€™s entries for this one :hugs: I didnā€™t realize that we had a few paranormal investigators within the forum too! Thatā€™s very exciting :star_struck: I love this time of year for these types of things & all of the different approaches to the challenge :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

Great job, @Sivonnah !!! I hope I can be as strong as you when my time comes!:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::heartpulse::heartpulse: Iā€™ll take your advice and see if I can build a better habit in this area. If it is helping you, Iā€™m sure it will help me, too.

14 Likes

#Weekly Witchy Challenge - Ghosts & Spirits Entry.

EEish! Hope I am not too late! I got off to celebrations with the family this weekend, but before I left, I set up my Ancestral altar, and kept it out of the way of others and prying eyes. I have my beloved Terrierā€™s ashes and a necklace that my grandmother gave me together. I chose a green candle as my grandmother was quite the gardener and this seemed so appropriate.

Green candles arenā€™t just for money - my grandmother could literally make ā€œsomethingā€ out of nothing. Definitely earth energy! The necklace that she gave me is a lantern - I guess it helps me find my way whenever I took it out. I have been wearing another one of her gifts which is a silver-toned necklace with little bells that have a light ā€œtinklingā€ sound - very welcoming and calming. Fung Shui suggests that keeping a petā€™s ashes interrupts the natural order of earth energy around the home because it is considered ā€œYinā€ and needs to be returned to the earth. I am not entirely over my grief yet, so I keep Harley close by, and have some small grief crystals, his collar and bowl and his ball and a favorite soft toy, Squirrel. When its a rough day, I pick up the grief stones or light a candle and remember him, talk to him.

Last year, I made several photos of family members and given time at work, I will print off copies to put at my altar.

Tomorrow, I will light the candle through November 6th, and remember them all. Do some meditation and reflect on my earlier ancestry and hope that I hear or see any manifestations.

In my 20ā€™s, I went to a Psychic and had a reading done. I wonā€™t get into all the little details of that reading, but I was told that I was someone that was close to the ā€œVeilā€ and could pick up the vibes on the other side, people, and places. I hope to hone in on this and do a little more training, but protect myself in the process of learning.

I love all the entries!! :heart: :infinite_roots:

16 Likes

If you need help getting started, I can help!

14 Likes

Challenge Entry

Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t have any magnificent stories like so many of you wonderful witches. I have never been empathic or sensitive to ghosts or anything like that. But

As I wander through my gardens I feel the energies of my plants and the earth they grow in. The birds give me joy and my cats yell at me for more food. Are these not the spirit of the elements. As I burn the wood to heat my home I hear the last song they will ever sing until their ashes nurture the plants next spring. I feel the soil revel in the falling rain. I hear the forest cry because of the crap that is released from the sky. The Aluminum is killing our trees and you can see and feel their anguish. The spirits of my plants and animals surround me and I try to give them the environment they desire.

I donā€™t see ghosts, but I have ā€œearthboundsā€ here and one of my portals are for them to go to the light if they please. I see black mists of animals I knew as I travel the roads they were taken from this plane.

I have always traveled a different road than most and do not see or experience things like most people. They say normal is just a setting on the dryer. :sweat_smile: May our diversity save the world and give us interest in it

:flamingo: :goat: :flamingo:

14 Likes

Challenge entry-

I wanted to honor the friends that are close to me that passed away to soon so I wrote their birth dates on one side of the candle and dates they passed on the other. I placed all the elements for earth,air,spirit, water and fire then I lit my candles and replayed all my favorite memories of them in my mind I spoke to them individually in my heart and when I finished saying all I wanted to say I blew out the candles and said so bless it be. :sparkles::crystal_ball::heartpulse::pentagram::pagan_book:

11 Likes

@lisa67 , dear young lady, you take all the time you need. The people who made the rules of fung shui donā€™t live with you, didnā€™t love your Harley like you do, and have never met the good person you are at heart. They have no authority over you and your process. Blessings Be!

@Sivonnah youā€™ve already started.:heartpulse: Iā€™ve been collecting such information since I was very youngā€¦ Iā€™m sure youā€™ve noticed how wordy a collector I can be. It is good to know someone in real life who is willing to share difficult experiences. If the situation arises, Iā€™ll share, too, but I donā€™t want to overwhelm anyone.

Absolutely! Your path is very valuable! Bless you!

If I could give you 10 likes for this one, I would!

Thatā€™s an idea I never thought of. Cool Beans.

11 Likes

I have two or three more really good stories to share. Will there be Anytime soon to be able to share those as well?

Edit: or should I share one of them even though I already shared one?

10 Likes

@crystal59 I really love this Crystal! I also like the set up! Thank you for sharing!

9 Likes

@Shadeweaver Magnificent absolutely Wonderful! Written beautifully. I also garden. Thankyou for sharing this gem.

@lisa67 Thankyou for sharing. I like the thought of the green candle for earth energy makes perfect sense.

@Cosmic_Curiosity :+1: again beautifully written. I love that others are so happy with this for you and the culture as well. I think Iā€™ll be trying that ancestor spell at some point too.

@Medea Iā€™m with you. Iā€™m having a really hard time sitting still and staying in relaxed state while meditating very often.

10 Likes

Thank you so much @Devenne :purple_heart: and @georgia :grin: :black_heart::purple_heart: :sparkles:Happy Samhain :sparkles::jack_o_lantern:

8 Likes

@starborn wow I love this entry. The sandwich and the bear I love that story and I believe it. I believe in you. Itā€™s a tad creepy haha. As for that thing mocking your loved one. Thatā€™s a very bad thing from what Iā€™ve heard. Mimicking is scary to me. I felt like I had to buy this ouija board. Like I was drawn to it. Itā€™s on the way. I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll ever use it. Scared to honestly, but I wanted and felt I needed it. Iā€™ll make sure not to place the planchette on thee board. :joy:

[Ouija Board by MailoniKat]

11 Likes

100%. :joy: I hear ghosts donā€™t eat things, so I have no idea what that was, either. Dropped some sandwich into another dimension? :sandwich:

That board is too cute for such spooky purposes! :black_heart: I love the cats and their mildly judgmental looks at the alphabet. Kind of like, ā€œlol you said what? :roll_eyes:ā€ every time a spirit uses it to communicate. :joy:

I kind of feel like the cuteness makes it more creepy if you manage to summon something bad, though. :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

@starborn oof other dimensions seem a tad scary too. Thatā€™s where shadow people are from. They can take people and they could never be seen again. Shadow people scare the beejeesus out of me. They are dangerous. I read not to leave the plan hette on the board so nothing uninvited can come through. I know right itā€™s almost to beautiful to use. Iā€™m scared to bring something I donā€™t want. Some people say itā€™s safe if u protect yourself and have done extensive research, others donā€™t believe, then there is those who say donā€™t touch it.

9 Likes