šŸ’– Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Giving Gratitude

Warm greetings to the lovely forum family! :heart:

And big thank youā€™s once again to all those who joined in on last weekā€™s challenge: Inviting Abundance. I hope all that you wished for has come or is coming to be! :blush:

After welcoming prosperity and seeking good blessings into our lives, it is time to take a step back and appreciate all the wonderful things we already have. The theme for this weekā€™s challenge isā€¦

:pray::relaxed: Gratitude and Thankfulness :sparkling_heart: :bowing_woman:

In our lives we have so many things to be thankful for, many of which we may not often take the time to think about! After asking for blessings last week, now is a wonderful time to sit back and look at all the things that bring us happiness and joy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, this challenge is timed with Mabon- also called the Witchesā€™ Thanksgiving. This is a wonderful occasion, but know that gratitude is a healthy and beneficial practice that should be experienced much more than just once a year! So no matter where in the world you may be, take some time to enjoy your blessings this week!

Are you ready? Itā€™s CHALLENGE TIME! :trophy:

STEP 1: Practicing Gratitude :relaxed:

Whether you take some time to look back on your witchy journey, count the material or spiritual blessings in your life, or practice gratitude magick- this challenge is all about expressing gratitude and showing thanks!

As always, this challenge is very open to your own interpretation and what suits your practice best.

For more info about gratitude, here is a discussion and resources on how to begin: Practicing Gratitude.

In addition to the ideas there, here are a few more ways to help get you started:

Thank Your Gods
Is there a deity you call on often? Now is a great time to offer your thanks to your deities or patron gods for all that they do for you.

Gratitude Devotional Prayer
The Artemis Gratitude Devotional Prayer will help you to express thankfulness and devotion to the forces of nature and life itself.
Artemis-Devotional-Prayer-750x500

Count Your Blessings
Consider writing a list of things you are grateful for. You can add it to your Book of Shadows, hang it somewhere as a reminder, or incorporate it in a spell or gratitude meditation.

Appreciate Even The Small Things
Clean your altar and magickal tools and show appreciation for the items and space that lets you practice your craft.

Celebrate Witchesā€™ Thanksgiving
Mabon (the Autumn Equinox) will begin on September 21st for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere! Consider celebrating this holiday by creating a thankfulness offering or showing gratitude for friends and family.

Mabon-Celebration-Ritual-Solitary-750x500

You can find more ideas about how to celebrate Mabon in How to Prepare for Mabon and How to Celebrate the Fall Equinox Alone :fallen_leaf:

Gratitude Meditation
Consider taking some quiet time to calm your mind and focus on the blessings in your life. There are many ways to practice meditation- a great and beginner-friendly method is with a guided meditation. There are many out there on the internet, you can find free gratitude meditations on YouTube! :woman_in_lotus_position:

Here is a nice Gratitude Meditation (Strengthen Happiness) by MyLife on YouTube:

Share the Love!
If there is someone in your life you are very appreciative of, consider letting them know! You can pay them a visit (keeping in mind current safety recommendations), give them a call, write a note, or if you are feeling shy, perhaps make an offering in their name. Doing so may strengthen your ties and can lead to good feelings all around :blush:

STEP 2: Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

To participate in this challenge, you must share your experience!

Please feel free to create a new post in the forums (and tag the challenge by adding a hyperlink or link back to this post!) or write about your experience below :memo:

:gift_heart:
For all those who express their love and show gratitude, there will be a shout-out and small prize awarded to you! Although giving gratitude is an act of selflessness, I believe you deserve a little special something for your efforts :hugs:
:gift:

:heavy_heart_exclamation: This challenge will be open for 6 DAYS! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

(Please note that this challenge is a bit shorter than previous challenges! I am experimenting with days, and hoping to try Wednesday as a weekly challenge day :grin:)

To join in, please post about your moon magick by 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time) on Tuesday, September 22nd!

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given.

A warm reminder that this challenge is very open- all are encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique practice. There are no right or wrong answers so long as you practice respectfully, and there is no way to ā€˜loseā€™ the challenge if you participate! :raised_hands:

Please know that this challengeā€™s goal is to help you help yourself! By exploring new aspects of magick and trying new practices, the hope is to both help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another :heart:

On that note, Iā€™d like to get the ball rolling by sayingā€¦

To all those who have read this far and are ready to jump in on this challenge! Thanks for being a part- I appreciate YOU! :hugs:

May your gracious heart continue to be full of many blessings, love, and joy!

Blessed Be! :sparkling_heart:

14 Likes

Ooh ooh :raised_hand:t3:I know what Iā€™m going to do :slight_smile: this will be a fun activity!
And, I appreciate you :point_down:t3:

6 Likes

Yay! My therapist has also given me gratitude ā€œhomeworkā€ this week & I think I can incorporate both into one fun activity! Thanks for always helping us grow :grin:

8 Likes

My first challenge entry! Iā€™d planned to make a Mabon strudel but the gratitude challenge inspired me to add the words and intention :apple: :heart: Easy Autumn Spiced Apple Strudel for Mabon šŸŽ made with Love and Gratitude

7 Likes

September 22nd is my daughterā€™s 9th birthday <3

7 Likes

@BryWisteria This wonā€™t be a big post. Weā€™re currently holed up at my parentsā€™ house. Iā€™m currently very grateful to have survived the storm. Weā€™ve had really bad wind and rain all day, but the hurricane has now been downgraded to a tropical storm. Weā€™re definitely going to set out an offering tomorrow when weā€™re back home. And say prayers for all those who were effected by the storm.

P.S. Weā€™re back home! Although weā€™re under a local advisory due to flooding. We were able to go home because we live within walking distance of my parentsā€™ home and we live in a hilly area, but most of the roads here are closed due to flooding. Iā€™ve got my altar set up, got an offering set out, lit some wonderful incense I just got that is a mixture of white sage and sandalwood to soothe the nerves, and lit a candle to say thanks for our blessings and to pray for those less fortunate.

Itā€™s been a long day. Iā€™m going to sit up with this candle for a bit, then Iā€™m going to bed. I hope everyone else is safe and doing well. Blessed be.

10 Likes

Youā€™re so sweet, Christina! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I appreciate you too! :heart: And I canā€™t wait to see what you are planning :star_struck:

Youā€™re very welcome, Haley! :heart: I hope you are doing well- that sounds like a great homework assignment! Iā€™m looking forward to seeing what activity you choose. Good luck! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Your Mabon strudel came out amazing! :drooling_face: A beautiful recipe with beautiful intent- thanks again for sharing! :heart:

Happy (upcoming) Birthday to your daughter, Janelle! :birthday: Do you have anything planned to do together? :two_hearts:

Welcome back home, PuppetMama! :raised_hands: I am so glad you are all safe and could evacuate to your parentsā€™ home during the worst of the storm. I hope it has all calmed down now, and that there was not much damage! Your gratitude offering and altar are lovely :candle: It must have been a very tiring day- get some good sleep! Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Aw, happy birthday to your little darling! :slight_smile::birthday::balloon::gift:

4 Likes

Happy birthday to your little girl! Nine is a good age.

Glad you survived the storm and got home okay. It sounded really scary from what the TV was saying. Iā€™m happy you got through safely.

7 Likes

My thoughts are with you, @PuppetMama

We are dealing with the fires here in the West Coast and Iā€™ve been holed up for almost 10 days nowā€¦ Canā€™t go out without getting sick.

Praying for the storms and fires to pass soon and everything to go back to normal! :pray:

6 Likes

From hurricanes and storms to the forest fires- there is a lot of scary weather happening now! Sending good thoughts to all those in affected areas.

@Francisco stay inside and stay healthy- it sounds like a very rough time. I am also praying that it passes soon and you can get rain and clear skies your way :pray:

@PuppetMama did everything calm down now? Hope you are still well and safe!

6 Likes

I hope the fires die down and youā€™ll be able to breathe again @Francisco. Thatā€™s got to be scary.

6 Likes

Since Iā€™m a writer, I thought Iā€™d write something. This one is a poem in Freeform style. That means no style at all. It doesnā€™t have to rhyme or have certain pattern to it. Just writing. I hope yā€™all like.

Gratitude Poem

My Lord and Lady, I thank You,
For the land and sky and sea.
There is so much You give me.
So much that You share
That it is hard to count the blessings
And the ways that You care.

You have given me a home,
And the trees that are above me.
You have given me animal friends
and fellow souls to guide me.
For without friends,
Where would we be?

On this day of equal light and dark
I thank You for the balance.
The mountains ablaze with color
of the leaves turning into art.
For the fruit of the vine
And the apples of the trees.

I give thanks for all of these and more.
For the green blades of grass
And the blue of the sea.
For all of these and more,
I give You thanks,
My Lady and Lord.

11 Likes

@Francisco, be well and stay safe.
Blessed be.

7 Likes

@Amethyst, this is absolutely beautiful!! May I safe it and recite it on Mabon? It really touched me. Youā€™re such a talented writer.
Thank you
Blessed be.

7 Likes

@Limeberry, looks delicious and equally beautiful!

5 Likes

This is stunning :heart_eyes: Thank you for sharing :heart:

5 Likes

Wtf, how I have missed this?! Iā€™ve been avoiding the news because its sooo depressing but I usually get updates on my phone if anything big is happening!!

I also had no idea this was going on!! :open_mouth:

@Francisco and @PuppetMama I hope you are both OK! :heart:

Ps. Iā€™m off to read the news lol

7 Likes

I had something else planned. Instead I meditated to a friend of mines music to clear my mind. I light a white candle and annointed it with a blessings oil. Iā€™ve been journaling a lot lately bc I donā€™t have anyone to talk to in person and Ive been a bit upset lately. My topic for writing is blessings. I am blessed. I still am able to see my other kids. I am clean. My youngest son is very well taken care of. I an upset that things went the way they did. But I believe in a Divine purpose now. Everything has a reason. It was a mistake, but surely I learned from it all. I also wrote about me not getting along well with my family but at least I have family. Iā€™m looking into ways to repair the relationships or move on. I have a roof over my head and the house maybe falling apart but Iā€™ll be moving soon. Not soon enough lol those were a few examples of what I wrote about but the biggest influence to date is everyone here! You are all inspiring and Iā€™m so grateful for each and every one of you :gift_heart: thank you all for all your kind, supportive and caring comments and feedback! Iā€™m learning so much everyday! Thatā€™s my entry for this weekā€™s challenge. I know I could have done better but Iā€™m satisfied with it just the way it is!

7 Likes

Thatā€™s very beautifully written @Amethyst :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes