🌿 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Green & Herbal Magick

Mint is about the only thing I can grow. I should mention that about mice to the building manager here, maybe she’ll let me plant some and let it go wild.

16 Likes

Great timing! It’s that time for me and I’ve been meaning to try some herbal remedies for menstrual cramps. :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

Oooooo Happy Dance! Winter is always harder for me since my gardens are dormant. But this year I’ve turned towards bringing the outdoors inside and have been creating bottle terrariums with moss and ferns and lichens to bring the green inside.

(North Carolina terrarium)

(Pacific Northwest terrarium)

This feels like perfect timing for this challenge!

22 Likes

Green & Herbal Magick Challenge Entry - Energetic/Aura Cleansing & Protection Spiritual Milk Bath

Hello, Everyone! :smile: For this week’s challenge I thought I would share my spiritual milk bath recipe that I call “Washed in Light”. This recipe is full of some of my favorite cleansing and protection herbs and has a great lemon scent. This recipe is versatile and can be used in plant form or used in essential oil form. I have also used this recipe in EO form mixed with a melt-n-pour goat’s milk soap base to make it in a soap bar, as well as, mixing the EO with Safflower Oil to make it as a roll-on for easy weekly cleansings and maintaining protection on the go.

• A small side note: I generally mix my ingredients for the bath by hand and then place them within a muslin bag to use in the bath so that the pipes don’t get clogged when draining. However, do what you feel resonates for you.

Please feel free to adjust this recipe to fit your path/practice and what is available to you. Also, the “milk” definitely can be replaced with any plant-based or vegan substitute. I will post below a list I found a while back (the source I think was from tumblr) on some Non-Dairy Milk options and their correspondences.

“Washed In Light” Ingredients:

• Salt - Cleansing, Banishing, Uncrossing, & Protection (I generally use rock salt that you find to make homemade ice cream)

• Rue - Warding, Protection, Healing, Mental Clarity, & Uncrossing

• Hyssop - Cleansing, Purification, Uncrossing, Spiritual Opening, Consecration, & Raises Vibration

• Angelica - Barrier of Protection, Uncrossing, & Attracts Positive Energy

• St. John’s Wort - Protects From Baneful Work, Banishing, & Blessing (Best if St. John’s was harvested on Summer Solstice)

• Rosemary - Cleansing, Purification, Healing & Banishing

• Lemongrass - Cleansing & Road Opener

• Lemon EO - Cleansing, Purification, Spiritual Opening, & Removes Blockages (Using dried lemon slices does add a nice aesthetic if you would like to use plant form instead)

• Powdered Milk - The Goddess, Love, Nurturing & Spirituality

Steps For Mixing:
The steps are pretty simple but again please adjust to your path/practice.

1. Cleanse Bowl.
  2. Bless & consecrate salt.
  3. If using Lemon EO… add it to the salt first.
  4. Add powdered milk and herbs ( If using an alternative that’s a liquid add the milk directly to the bath instead)
  5. Mix with your hands while focusing on your intention.

Screenshot (243)

Non-Dairy Milk Correspondences:

• Soy: Protection, Psychic Awareness, Spirituality

• Almond: Healing, Prosperity, Wisdom, Overcoming Addiction, Abundance, Luck

• Coconut: Allure, Confidence, Diversity, Flexibility, Protection, Psychic Awareness, Purification, Spirituality

• Hemp: Positive Energy, Manifestation, Healing, Protection, Peace, Meditation, Removal of Negative Influences, Love, Binding, Psychic Visions

• Oat: Grounding, Prosperity, Beauty, Healing, Health

• Rice: Fertility, Abundance, Blessings, Protection, Rain, Security, Wealth

• Cashew: Prosperity, Increase Energy, Communication

• Flax: Beauty, Healing, Protection, Money, Psychic Enhancement

• Pea: Love, Prosperity

• Hazelnut: Fertility, Luck, Mental Enhancement, Wisdom, Dreams, Divination, Spirit Work, Wishes

• Macadamia: Prosperity

• Sunflower: Protection, Success, Positive Energy, Confidence, Happiness

• Pistachio: Breaking Hexes/Curses, Breaking Trances, Grounding, Divination

25 Likes

Green & Herbal Magick Challenge Entry- herbs for balancing your chakras

I love learning about herbs in general, soni cant wait to dive in this week & learn more. Im going to learn which herbs help balance your chakras.

14 Likes

@stacy11 - I believe there is information on that in the Chakra Information post… there are topics on the basics of each of the 7 main Chakras there along with other information from within the forum too :smiling_face:

10 Likes

That is awesome, thank you. Not only do I not have any knowledge of herbs & spices, I also have no knowledge of crystals either. That is another reason why this challenge will be a great learning experience for me.

Thank you as always and Blessed Be,
Medea

10 Likes

Great Challenge! I have been looking for all kinds of Protection Spells and I really like this one:

"For this week’s challenge I thought I would share my spiritual milk bath recipe that I call “Washed in Light”. This recipe is full of some of my favorite cleansing and protection herbs and has a great lemon scent." (ashely69, spells8, 2022)

Blessed Be
Medea

12 Likes

You’re welcome! I will check into the others in the morning, my day got a bit away from me. I will have more for you when I can get back on my laptop.

The incense would correspond with the properties of the herb used for it also. :revolving_hearts:

10 Likes

Hi Katnabis
Great idea to bring the outside in! I will have to remember that as I am beginning to learn about, well everything…the greenery inside is such a positive way to continue your “Garden”.
Blessed Be,
Medea

9 Likes

That is fantastic. The combination of candles, incense, herbs, crystals sound so complicated that I better keep my BOS and Book of Mirrors organized.
Thank you for everything! You have been so awesome Siofra_Strega and helpful!
Much love to you :revolving_hearts: :100:

8 Likes

This recipe comes from ‘The Green Witch: Your Complete Guide to the Natural Magic of Herbs, Flowers, Essential Oils, and More’ by Arin Murphy-Hiscock.

I just thought it was super-dooper simple!

‘Prosperity Bath Salts’

Use this recipe when you feel you need to boost your personal prosperity energy.

Makes 2 ½ cups (20 ounces)

• 1 cup sea salt
  • 1 cup Epsom salts
  • Glass jar with tight-fitting lid, large enough to hold 20 ounces
  • 3 drops orange oil
  • 2 drops cinnamon oil OR 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • Âź cup dried mint leaves
  • 3 drops green vegetable food colouring (optional)

1. Place the salts in a blender or food processor and blend to combine and reduce to a fine powder. Pour the salts into the jar and cap it. Shake to combine the salts.
2. Open the jar again. Add the drops of oil and the ground herbs. Cap the jar and shake well to blend.
3. If using food colouring, open the jar and add 3 drops. Cap and shake well to blend. Be aware that a little food colouring goes a long way; don’t add much. If you want the colour darker, add 1-2 more drops and bland again. The colour is added simply to enhance the prosperity energy of the other ingredients. If you associate another colour with prosperity, then by all means substitute it.
4. To use, our ½ cup of the salts into your bath under running water.

19 Likes

I love this- you’ve got such a great and positive mindset, Medea :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It is indeed a challenge, but one I have full faith you’ll be able to overcome! :muscle: :heart:

Exploring Protective Herbs & Spices sounds like a great way to jump in- I hope you’re able to find some herbs to help you out and improve things for you! Good luck and blessed be! :green_heart: :sparkles:

No worries, Amethyst- not all green witches are gardeners! There’s a lot of wonderful herbal magick that can be done with the ready-to-go dried herbs and spices. When I’m on the road it’s pretty rare that I have access to fresh plants, but kitchen spices and tea bags are a gift that can be found just about anywhere in the world! :world_map: :sparkles:

Wishing you good luck- whatever you decide to do, I hope you have fun with it! :heart::blush:

Oh goodness- that’s a big rodent problem! Thank goodness for your protective plants keeping watch over the property. Mint is amazing- when allowed to be free it’s really a force to be reckoned with! :muscle: :herb:

Wishing you all the best with your infused oil- good luck and have fun crafting it! :blush:

You have my full empathy here- good luck and I hope the cramps aren’t bad! :pray::two_hearts:

Ahhhhhh look at these adorable terrariums- these are so neat, Kat! :heart_eyes: I especially love how you’ve designed each one to represent flora from a specific region and climate- that is such a cool idea! :clap::green_heart:

Your “Washed in Light” spell is beautiful, @ashley69- I love the herbs you’ve included, and I’m especially grateful that you took the time to write about the magickal properties of each being called up in this spell! :pray::heart: It looks like it turned out amazing (and what a great form too!)- you are a soap-making master! :soap: :sparkles: Thank you so much for this amazing entry!

That’s an awesome way to take on the theme- good luck and I can’t wait to hear what you discover, Stacy! :rainbow: :person_in_lotus_position:

Ohhhhh orange, cinnamon, minty goodness right here- I love the sound of these bath salts! :star_struck: And I imagine just a few drops of orange oil (as opposed to full pieces of orange like I’ve used in the past) is probably a better option for those with skin that is sensitive to citrus. This is wonderful, Jessica- thank you for sharing the recipe! :salt: :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

@BryWisteria hmmmmmmm what to do what to do. Lol

There are soooooo many wonderful entries. I dont even know where to start

8 Likes

OOOO so many ideas… I think I am really going to enjoy this challenge…

6 Likes

This is great! Thank you :blush:

6 Likes

You are very welcome! I hope it works for what you need to know! :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

@Medea under the same link for Herbal Substitutions, if you scroll further down the page there is another printable for scents/oils/incense & substitutions also.

Also, there is a very comprehensive list on Herb Properties, Substitutes, & Old Herb Names from the Raven & Crone site which has helped me in the past with more difficult ingredients & substituting them with ones that are referenced by an older name.

8 Likes

You are awesome. I really do appreciate your feedback and help!!

6 Likes

Good morning after reading all your posts and your feedback I know you’re going to come up with something fantastic and I’m looking forward to reading your challenge!

7 Likes