šŸŒæ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Green & Herbal Magick

CHALLENGE ENTRY

Omg yall have done some amazing posts. You are leaving me very little to do without copying yall.

So heres a few yummy teas for yall.

GET A MOVE ON CHAI TEA

Cinnamon
Ginger
Green cardamom pods
Coriander
Cloves
Allspice
Black pepper

Orange cream tea

Roobius
Orange peel
Hibiscus
Lemon peel
Calendula
Vanilla bean (if u dont have vanilla beans, then vanilla extract works too)

Vitamin blend

Hibiscus
Peppermint
Lemongrass
Red clover
Nettle
Alfalfa
Oatstraw
Horsetail

I also posted a few recipes this am too

YALL ENJOY

13 Likes

Ooo my goodness @Mistress_Of_Herbs thank you thank youā€¦
Do you by chance have a recipe for lucid dream tea?
I do have a blend here that i got from another witch online, but it gives me headaches? I am really not sure what the lady put in the blend she sent meā€¦

11 Likes

@yolande1 yes i do. ā€¦whats funny is i was going to add it, but then thought against itā€¦

Here u go

Lucid dream tea #1

Rose petals
Mugwort
Peppermint
Jasmine flowers
Cinnamon

Lucid dream tea #2

Chamomile
Passionflower
Lemon balm
Oatstraw
Linden flowers
Lemon verbena
Fennel seeds
Calendula
Nutmeg
Arnica
Skullcap
Cramp bark
Valerian root (a pinch)

15 Likes

Ah you are the bestā€¦ Thank youā€¦ If i could hug you i would @Mistress_Of_Herbs

10 Likes

@yolande1 awwwwwww thanks hon. I take virtual hugs lol

10 Likes

Blessed be to you as well, Medea

10 Likes

WWC Entry Green & Herbal Magick

I couldnā€™t decide what to do so Iā€™m going to show some pictures of my ongoing herbal green magick.
Iā€™ve been growing sacred white sage since the summer. I have one plant that is still growing and its doing great, growing a lot more now since this is its growing season. It smells wonderful!

Here is my Rosemary, Basil and White Sage:

I picked some basil today, washed it and put it on my drying rack. Also, I bought a huge bottle of Extra V. Olive O. because I need to make more of my scalp/anti-dandruff oil.

My herb drying area:

Yesterday I had some dried lavender I put up in a jar:

I am planning on making a dream sachet with some of this lavender during the full moon.
And finally I will share my recipe for the Anti-dandruff/Scalp oil:

Last time I used grapeseed oil for my mail carrier but I am taking the advice of @Mistress_Of_Herbs and using the EVOO so it will have a longer shelf life :wink:

I just put in what feels right on the amounts of the dried herbs:

Burdock Root- for skin healing, removing neg. feelings about self
Marshmellow root- skin healing, anti-bacterial and psychic powers
Lemongrass- dandruff relief, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-infective, psychic cleansing
Skullcap- heal skin infections, peace, relaxation
Galangal Root- Heals dandruff and scalp problems, prosperity
Yarrow- soothe irritated scalp
Chamomile- Soothe scalp, relieve itching, self-love, good luck
Basil- Anti-bacterial, prosperity

The following is essential oils added after straining

Neroli- 5 drops reduce swelling, anti-fungal, joy
Lemon- 5 drops cleansing, intuition, happiness
Oregano- 9 drops Anti-bacterial, deeper love for my husband :heart:
Grapefruit- Hair growth
Rosemary- Thicker hair and hair growth, anti bacterial
Calendula- Healing

Stones added outside the jar during moon charging:

Galena- for hair benefits, circulation
Moonstone- to eliminate degenerative hair and scalp problems
Unakite- healthy skin and hair growth
Ryolite- heal skin, rashes and infection

I add the herbs and oil to a pint size jar, keep it in a dark place and shake it everyday for about 2 months before I strain and add the essential oils. The following is the spell I say when I make it up:

Herbs, Oils, Moon, and Stones
Work your magick healing scalp and hair follicles
Flakes and itch gone away, hair growth in a thick array.
Clean scalp and healthy shine lets me know all is fine.
Add my herbs and oils one by one, set my stones when Iā€™m done.
Leave in the moon shine to make extra Divine.
Herbs, oils, moon and stones, I give great thanks for healings known
So mote it be.

Once the oil is strained and the essential oils added I still keep it in a cool dark place. I add the oil to my scalp about 30 minutes to an hour before I wash my hair. You can leave it on overnight too but wrap your hair in a towel to keep the oils off your pillow. This has given me much relief for my genetic dandruff. Gee thanks Mom for the DNA! LOL Love her bunches despite the genes :heart:
:butterfly:

14 Likes

Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Green & Herbal Magick - Entry

For this Challenge, I will be using Green & Herbal Magick to obtain Protection Spells for me and my family. According to the lesson in Spells 8, Shaman Blessingā€™: An Easy Protection Spell with Sage (Sept.19,2018), is just what I have been looking for.

ā€œThis simple ritual for protection works wonders for clearing negative spiritual entities. If you are feeling bad energies at home after an odd event or unexpected visit, try this easy Wiccan protection spell.ā€ Below is the recipe that I will be using:(Francisco Huanaco, Sept. 19, 2018)

ā€œSage is used in magical workings for immortality, longevity, wisdom, protection and the granting of wishes. Sage is also believed to help alleviate the sorrow of the death of a loved one. To make a wish, write your wish on a sage leaf and sleep with it under your pillow for three days and then bury it.ā€

After further reading on this topic, I am finding there are many protection recipes, spells, meditation, potions, and proper ways to preform them. I came across an article, How to Cast a Circle (Wiccan & Non-Wiccan) 3-Step Guide, (December 24, 2020 in Spells 8 Blog) and how important it is to Cast a Circle before preforming any protection spells.

According to Scott Cunningham, ā€œthe circle defines the ritual area, holds in personal power, shuts out distracting energies and creates the proper atmosphere for the rites.ā€ (Cunningham, Dec.24, 2020). This is important for me to know as I have been dealing with ā€œentitiesā€ in my room and by Casting a Circle, I will be able to stay safe while setting up for my herbal protection spell and it will help me feel more confident as it will be my first spell I have done.

Casting a Circle in Wicca ā›¤
The magick circle is cast to contain all that is part of the ritual or working, you and the altar.
Some practitioners may use it to clear the area of wandering energies, hence the name ā€œcircle of protectionā€ but it is typically used for raising energy and then releasing that energy for a magical purpose.

Different Wiccans will have different approaches to casting circles. In general, the circle is a sacred space that is, metaphysically speaking, between realms. It can be a sphere, a bubble, which encases the ritual area above and below, not just around the perimeter.
Below is an incantation I will be chanting while setting up the Casting a Circle:

ā€œI ask the Goddess and God to bless this circle so that I may be protected during my magickal working in this space, so mote it be" and ā€œelaborate incantations can include paying homage to each cardinal direction or reciting a list of deities or angels to protect the magickal spaceā€. (The Sacred Circle, March 12, 2019).

Sage has many values that are still used today. Sage, officially named Salvia Officinalis, is a member of the mint family and is native to the Mediterranean region. Itā€™s a healing herb which has been used since ancient times to increase fertility, dispel negative influences, ward off evil and much more. ā€œThe Romans even called it a ā€œholy herbā€ and they included it in many of their religious practices.ā€ They also cooked with it as the believed it would help them digest fatty foods better.

Charles the Great, also known as the Charlemagne, loved sage considered it one of the most important healing herbs. In 812AD, Charles the Great ordered sage to be planted in all medical gardens and made it mandatory that it be grown in any monastery garden, something which apparently still stands today. (Amaria Pollux,2022)

Spells 8 has the protection spell I am going to use and incorporate the herbal magick of Sage with it. I gathered up the ingredients I need as indicated below: (Huanaco, Sept. 19, 2018)
INGREDIENTS
ā¦ 2 black candles
ā¦ 1 sage stick (or a palo santo stick)
ā¦ 1 white carnation
ā¦ Your cauldron or an ashtray

I then follow the instructions as indicated. Luckily, I had an ashtray here at the house because I do not have a cauldron yet.

HOW TO CAST THE SPELL
ā¦ Sit on the floor (or on a cushion) near the main entrance to your home.
ā¦ Light a black candle to your right side and another one to your left. Light the sage and place it in a cauldron or ashtray in front of you.
ā¦ Watch the smoke rise and spread throughout the room. Hold the carnation in your hands and visualize how the smoke cleanses your life and your home of all negativity.
ā¦ Picture a white light coming from the carnation and wrapping your whole body. Imagine how it slowly grows and fills the space around you. Focus on feeling safe, healthy and free from damage. Meditate on this as long as you want and then say: (Huanaco, Sept. 19, 2018)

Then I open the front door to let the smoke flow out taking all the negative energy with it. I brought the carnation outside and set it in front of my front door. Next, I put the black candles in the center of my coffee table until they burned out.

This ended my first spell, and I was sweating and shaking because I was so excited. Now time will tell, but my intuitions are telling me that this protection spell was done properly and the light feeling along with the positive energy I am sensing, that my home and family will be safe. I also believe that all of us will now be surrounded with positive energy.

Source
ā€˜Shaman Blessingā€™ Easy Protection Spell ā€“ Spells8
wiccanow.com/sage-magickal-properties/Amaria Pollux,2022
ā€˜Shaman Blessingā€™: An Easy Protection Spell with Sage ā€“ Spells8
Recipe by Francisco Huanaco, September 19, 2018

11 Likes

@Sarafeena_Sage thats all i do too.

Omg those ingredientsā€¦love love love it

10 Likes

Good evening,

I did a few different things this week :raised_hands: I first made
ā€œWitchesā€™ Blessing Oil.ā€

• Small dark bottle

• Cocconut Carrier Oil

Essential Oils:

• 5 drops of Sandalwood

• 2 drops of Frankincense (it called for Camphor but felt like the other would be better)

• 1 drop of Orange

• 1 drop of Patchouli

• Before adding oils I visualized this being sacred and magical for blessing my tools (including myself and home), added the oils to the carrier in the bottle

• I lite a Palo Santo stick and Lavender incense stick while saying
    ā€œI ask that the plant spirit of Palo Santo please infuse this space with blessingsā€
    ā€œI ask that the plant spirit of Lavender please infuse this space with blessingsā€

• Swirled gently the jar in the smoke of Palo Santo and Lavender saying:
    ā€œWith this smoke I cleanse this object of all negative and harmful energy
    so that I may use it for my highest good.
    So, it is said, so it shall beā€

I also made the ā€œFour Thieves Oilā€ because everyone in my household was COVID positive during Thanksgiving. I wanted to cleanse the house of illness. I put it in 2 different diffusers in different rooms, I also made it into a spray (using water instead of carrier oil) to spray the surfaces we used the most. The following day we all started feeling better and had more energy.
I made my own recipe from dried herbs for sleep and to have lucid dreams.
Sleep tea: lavender, catnip, valerian root, chamomile, Jasmin, and rose petals
Lucid dream tea: rose petals, chamomile, and catnip. While sipping on this tea I asked to find out what my spirit animal was. I was told in my dream that night that it is a bear. At first, I wasnā€™t sure if I was dreaming or awake. So, the tea worked!

Iā€™m excited to do more with herbs. I bought my own herbal seeds so I can grow my own. I will keep everyone posted when that journey begins.

11 Likes

I wanted to thank you again. I am done with this challenge and now I know why I did not get involve with herbs and crystals. There is a numerous amount learning and I did not take the time to engage in this arena and I wish I did. I realize now this is a project I have to take the time to research and studyā€¦ :thinking:

9 Likes

Hi Melody5,
Just a quick note to tell you how impressed I am. One day I hope to get to the point where I can substitute and make my own spells. Before this can happen, I need to do my homework on this topic. I think this will make a good winter project.
Blessed Be
Medea

11 Likes

Yumā€¦these sound so delicious. I am getting back into my tea mode and getting rid of the coffee. I canā€™t wait to try some of these. I have been on a caramel kick lately, any suggestions?

10 Likes

Challenge Entry part 2

I canā€™t seem to edit my post on my phone but I spent yesterday walking the woods where I work

relaxing and marveling at nature.

I collected stones and plants to bring home, thanking the goddess.

Today I spent time cleaning the items I gathered as well as the container I found for the terrarium.

Then I went to work creating a little bit of the woods to view from my desk.

Final addition was a piece of rose quartz.

I said my thanks and placed my new forest in easy view so i can see it wherever I need quiet and to feel peace.
:tree:

14 Likes

I have to stop cutting it so close, When I go back an reread that section days later it will say you have 6 days to finish your challenge (something close to that) then I realize the days do not changeā€¦lol.

Anyway, thanks again for you being you. I am Blessed to be here!
Medea :revolving_hearts: :woman_mage:t4:

10 Likes

Medea,
I have a lot to learn too, at least Iā€™m not alone with that! My memory is to a fault, I find myself learning the same thiNg. :wink: The more I do my practice the better I get at setting intentions.
Jeannie

10 Likes

I have a lot to learn too @Jeannie1 and @medea.
Donā€™t get me started in my memory! Lol.

10 Likes

Very cool!

That is great to hear that you and your family are feeling better. Iā€™ll need to add sandalwood to my next EO order.

What a great tea and a fabulous result!

Yes, please do!

10 Likes

Love your indoor herb garden!
Great idea for the dream sachet. Is there any material you use in particular?
Wonderful spell and oil for your hair and scalp!

11 Likes

Is nettle the same as stinging nettle?
Do you put the herbs in in equal measure?

9 Likes