šŸŒæ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Green & Herbal Magick

Challenge entry
Had to keep it simple for this week. So much extra stuff going on. But one simple thing that ive been able ro keep up with id the use of herbal teas for intentions such as ginger and lemon, chamomile and peppermint. Ive also been using herbs in my cooking. I bought some more the other day too for cooking that i didnt have. . Its not as much as i might hope to explore with the challenge but its what i was able to do even in the madness life has been latelyā€¦

9 Likes

@Medea, you are very welcome & Iā€™m glad that you find it very helpful to you in your practice!

@LexiHex that is good to hear that itā€™s one of your favorites! I personally couldnā€™t connect with it, but Iā€™m so glad that we have others that have been able to!

@Phoenix_Fire the madness of life always has a way of needing to learn that even the simple things mean a lot, even if it wasnā€™t what you had hopedā€¦ finding ways to use herbal teas with intention is a great start & using the herbs in your cooking is a great way to incorporate them. Have you ever tried a simmer pot on the stove with herbs & specific intentions.

That reminds me, it may be a good day to have one of those todayā€¦ itā€™s a bit chilly although the sun :sun: is outā€¦ something to liven up the house now that my daughter is home safe seems to be appropriate for the day :thinking:

9 Likes

I completely understand I tried to read it a few times myself but I found when I used it as a reference book it was amazing hit some great detailed information and thatā€™s what got me reading a little more every time.
Blessed Be
Medea

7 Likes

Oohh boyyyyā€¦Are you speaking a different language? Iā€™ve heard these words and see them in books, smudging but boy do I have a lot to learn :thinking:

Blessed Be
Medea

7 Likes

Hi I am so happy for you that you are blessed to have family help you with your craft at such a young age. My momā€™s side of the family were descendants from witches and I didnā€™t even know I had grandmotherā€™s and aunts and cousins until I was old enough to figure it out me and my sister anyways great information.
Medea

6 Likes

Excellent idea for a challenge! challenge.I am trying to get myself in the spirit of Christmas and I believe you just helped me with that. Thank you Ostara, Blessed Be
Medea

8 Likes

Hi Maudot! Great challengeā€¦ I will be spending my day working on mine and thatā€™s the same direction Iā€™m going with is using herbs & spices for protection around my house , in my house and spells for my family.
Blessed Be to you, Maudot
Medea

8 Likes

I absolutely agree with you!

7 Likes

Iā€™m finally getting back on my challenge game! Yay!

This morning I got up to discover that it is a dreadfully dismal day! Dreary and mistyā€¦ I love these kinds of days (as long as I get to stay in!). It was quiet this morning, so I lit all our twinkle lights, brewed my favorite coffee, and set to work on a simmer pot.

I found this simmer pot recipe a few days ago, itā€™s similar to one that I already do, but it had the ingredients and magickal correspondences listed. Hereā€™s the link!
Yule Simmer Pot

The simmer pot includes:
Water
Orange slices to symbolize the return on the sun
Pine (I used some EO so I didnā€™t have to go out in the nastiness) to banish negative energy
Nutmeg for luck
Cinnamon to cleanse the space
Rosemary for protection
Ginger for warm sun energy
pomegranate for prosperity and change. You are supposed to make an intention for each seed you put into the simmer pot. I didnā€™t have any pomegranates, so I just made one big intention for the pot.

My house smells lovely and wintery and it was such a lovely way to start the morning. Slow mornings, which I donā€™t get to have very often, are always such a gift to me!

simmer pot

11 Likes

My green magick entry.

I began my entire craft experience with herbs and essential oils. Itā€™s a wonderful way to begin and get in tune with nature. I have made all kinds of things from perfume with an intention to shower boms, scrubs, and pain relievers. It has been through this practice that I learned what witchcraft really was.
In my practice I use as much essential oil as I can. I use it on my skin, in my space on my candles, in rituals, etc. I also use dried herbs and fresh herbs. I feel these are gifts given to us to use to create a better world and to stay close to nature.

11 Likes

Thanks for sharing your recipe. I am excited to try it.

9 Likes

This is some ā€˜Florida waterā€™ i have to filter, i will probable doing it today. :sparkles::herb:

11 Likes

Good morning AileyGrey. Reading your post was so on time for me. This morning when I got up thank God my room my sonā€™s room were the only two rooms did not smell like sewer I donā€™t know whatā€™s happening here if the lines are plugged the sink is plugged in the bathroom and I might have to leave for the day so I need to get rid of this smell and I think Iā€™m going to use your recipe thank you you just made my day a little better
Blessed Be
Medea

8 Likes

@AileyGreyā€¦ this is almost exactly the one I tend to make up around this time of yearā€¦ Iā€™ve never added Ginger though :thinking: Great inspiration since I was planning on making one up soon around here, probably todayā€¦ sunny, but cold & a bit windyā€¦ needs some warmth & luck & protection to fill the house!

@Medeaā€¦ smudging & smudge sticks are the same as cleansing & the bundles of sage or sometimes other cleansing & protective herbs to cleanse objects or spaces.

What Is Smudging?

Smudging is a time-honored ritual used for cleansing a space or home of negative or inactive energy. For thousands of years, our ancestors and indigenous tribes have used smudging to remove evil spirits and make room for uplifting, healing energy.

The process involves burning sage, herbs, or resins to release sacred healing smoke. The smoke wafts into the air and floods a space with purifying, healing energy.

For more information:

Also relevant to the conversation of smudging & its history:

These are for your information & learning purposesā€¦ itā€™s personal preference on how you approach it & what feels right for you & your practice for cleansing your space & energy within.

9 Likes

Good morning thank you as always and both those websites are very informational Iā€™m definitely going to have to put them in my Kindle library have a blessed day

8 Likes

You are very welcome as always! I hope you have a great day also! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Challenge Entry for Amejisuto:

I feel like I didnā€™t do enough this week, but green magic is not my specialty. So I fixed myself a cup of Pu Erh tea and did the morning meditation that went with it.

It was lovely having that meditation so Iā€™m glad I did it.

10 Likes

Challenge Entry

I bought some raspberry leaf tea and it was delicious! Not only did it have raspberry leaves, it also had hibiscus, rose hips, and chicory leaves (?), according to the ingredients list. :heart: The perfect drink for a Friday pink candle meditation (and for menstrual cramps). :sweat_smile::laughing:

8 Likes

Thank you for all the links :blush: I am in the process of replanting my herbs as I added too much blood and bone and it didnā€™t go so well for the babies :grimacing:

9 Likes

:grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation:

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder:

:exclamation: This challenge will soon close :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline:

ā†’ December 5, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

So many beautiful herbs, plants, and green magick on display- Iā€™m still working my way through reading each entry, but itā€™s been a delight seeing everything that has been posted. So many fun recipes and crafts! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you to everyone who has shared their beautiful green magick so far! :green_heart:

If you havenā€™t already shared an entry but would like to join in, this is your friendly reminder that you still have a bit of time left to do so!

Blessed Be! :herb::sparkles:

9 Likes