šŸŒæ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Green & Herbal Magick

Thank you! I might try these someday. Iā€™d have to buy a new lamp but that would probably be good for me too!

9 Likes

Green & Herbal Magick Challenge Entry - Healing Herbal Poppet.

Currently I am working on a healing spell for someone who has pulmonary lung disease and has a few other ailments including arthritis and headaches upon waking in the morning. This spell should take place during the waning moon as we want the pains to ease up and GO AWAYā€¦

I decided to make a poppet.

Ingredients
Willow Bark - Natures asprin
Rose Petals - Reduce stress and anxiety
Rosemary - Cleanse and protect
Comfrey - It is a healing herb and can also be used for Pulmonary disorders.
Lavender - To aid restful sleep.
Piece of Rose Quartz, Clear Quartz and Amethyst - Amplify the healing taking place.
Black Candle dressed in Rosemary Oil and also with the persons name and date of birth carved into the side of the candle.
Photo of the person, or something personal of theirs.
Burn sage incense.

Method
Cleanse and consecrate ritual area.
Make your circle.
Evoke the power of water to join you and lend its powers during this ritual.
Cleanse and consecrate all ingredients and tools.
Fill your poppet with herbs, stones and photo after putting your intention into each item. Sew the top closed. Baptize the poppet in the persons name.
Light your black candle with the poppet laying beside it and chant the following until you feel the energies subsiding.
Take away the hurt
Take away the pain from your body
This illness be drained.

Place pointed quartz crystals in a circle around the candle and poppet and let the candle burn out.

I would usually then do a candle reading to see if the universe has any further instruction.

Naturally depending on the nature of the persons ailments, the relevant herbs would be used.

15 Likes

Thank you @Medea and I hope you enjoy the soap bars!

7 Likes

@Wysteria_Norn I like this and am definitely going to try these charging methodsā€¦

8 Likes

Calendula Lavender Healing Salve - Challenge Entry

After talking with @Mistress_Of_Herbs in one other post on here somewhere about calendula and salves and whatnot, Iā€™m going to be making my own salve with calendula and lavender. The weather is changing here in Florida, and although it doesnā€™t get extremely cold, my hands still crack and peel because of my eczema. So, this salve is going to be made with the healing and soothing properties of calendula and lavender, steeped for two weeks ā€“ Full Moon to New Moon ā€“ and a sigil created for the jar I put it in.

Hereā€™s the start of my process! Yes, this is an old jelly jar that I cleaned out to make this salve :joy: this is just the oil base and since it will just be for me, I didnā€™t make too much. I have to pick up some beeswax but Iā€™ve got two weeks to do that.

I used about 1/2 cup of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of calendula, and 1 tablespoon of lavender.

15 Likes

Beautiful bar of soap! This is a great idea. I am inspired!

10 Likes

Challenge Entry: Tincture and Spagyric Alchemy

Being that the challenge of this week ties into what Iā€™ve been working on and studying for a few weeks. Will share. Iā€™ve been exploring herbalism, plant matter, for both alchemic, magical, and therapeutic purposes. For this entry, will keep the discussion on the spiritual/magical/alchemic side of the topic.

Iā€™ve been reading about alchemy, and with that, leading me to creating a tincture and eventually a spagyric. Correlating the planet to the plant matter/herb and the hour of the day that I create and process the herb into a tincture. Now Iā€™m working with Ginger, dissolving it using the maceration method. Iā€™m working, or trying to work with the energies of the planet Mercury, hope I am. From my readings and watching videos of others doing this, it was advised to harvest the plant during the hour of the planet youā€™re working with (right now I donā€™t have that opportunity), but when I poured the alcohol into the Ginger to start the maceration, did it during the hour of Mercury. Started macerating the ginger 2 1/2 weeks ago; plan to macerate it for 4 weeks, filtering it during the hour of Mercury. Here is a picture of it:

Used organic ginger, pealed and then grated down, pour the alcohol/spirit (I used a grape brandy/grappa/raki - high alcohol content) and macerated it during the hour of Mercury, on Sunday.

After I filter the ginger out, have a tincture, but Iā€™m looking forward to burning it down into an ash, putting it into water to leach the salt out, filter the ashes out, evaporate it down to a salt crystals, then will add it back to the tincture to make a spagyric. I have not done that yet, it will be in a couple of weeks, so plan to.

With the tincture or spagyric, put a drop or two under your tongue. Alcohol hits the blood stream quick, with it, the spirit will carry the soul and body.

The point of doing all of this is I read for personal spiritual process/development, the separation, purification, and coming together more refined and ultimately perfected: Sulphur (Soul), Mercury (Spirit) and Salt (Body). I definitely feel spiritual/magical potential with this, but I have no idea what to expect, itā€™s a journey and see where it takes me.

15 Likes

Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Green & Herbal Magick Entry

Last weekend hubby bought me a live Yule tree in a pot. Itā€™s an Italian Stone Pine and I can plant it in the yard. So, I decided to learn about the magickal uses of pine for the weekly challenge.

I got this information from Witchipedia, by Morningbird.

A pine branch hung over the door will invite joyful energy inside and a pine branch hung over a bed will ward off illness.

Burn pine needles and pine cones to protect your hearth.

Use a pine branch like a broom to brush away negative energy from your home or from surfaces (like your altar) and objects.

Use pine oil in your wash water to wash away troubles that have been disturbing your household, including illness or just general doldrums.

Meditate under a pine tree or walk through a pine forest to get a new perspective on a situation and emerge with a renewed sense of purpose.

Pine incense is made of pine resin and is traditionally burned in the winter to clear negative energy and lift the spirit. It is stimulating and encourages optimism. Pine incense can be burned during reversal spells designed to turn a negative spell into a positive one. Pine can be burned for general healing, (physical, emotional, mental and spiritual,) for grounding and general strength.

Pine resin can be used as a substitute for copal or combined with it for a powerful purifying incense. Combined with camphor, it can be used to aid exorcism.

The book Thrice-Greatest Hermes mentions pine resin as an incense useful for creating a healthful atmosphere and helping to the body and spirit wake up in the morning. It mentions burning pine and other fragrant woods such as cypress and juniper in sickrooms to help cure the plague as well as an ingredient in other fragrant healing blends.

Pine essential oil is an ingredient in many cleaning solutions as it has a fresh, uplifting scent and has antibacterial qualities and is said to repel insects, particularly lice and fleas. Pine oil can be inhaled to help clear sinus blockage and loosen phlegm as well as to provide a general lift to the mood and spirit, but its action is quite strong and can cause respiratory irritation in sensitive people. Pine oil is antibacterial and is great for use for general cleaning, provided nobody in your household is sensitive to it.

13 Likes

@Ostara I really like this one too! We have pines around our neighborhood where I get my pine cones from most of the time & I also have the resin & essential oil :thinking: I think Iā€™m going to incorporate some version of these uses into my ā€œhome decorations, setupā€, however you want to look at it :laughing:

Iā€™m the only witch in the house, but my family on the whole isnā€™t necessarily religious, we always have a tree :christmas_tree: though & decorate it, but for us, itā€™s more about the memories from the ornaments and when we got them and being with the family and spending time with each other and just having the ā€œwinterā€ home & family feelings throughout the month of December.

We only have my husband and our kids then if one of them has a significant other, they are also included too. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

These lightbulbs fit into regular light sockets. So, unless thereā€™s another reason for you to buy lamps, itā€™s not needed for these lightbulbs. I have mine in a regular desk lamp.

10 Likes

Donā€™t mind me, Iā€™m making my way through everyoneā€™s posts :joy: If I miss yours, Iā€™m sorry!

I think this is a great way to learn about green magick and herbs :blush:

Aww, Iā€™m sorry Amethyst! Iā€™m sure thereā€™s something you can grow! Even if you donā€™t have natural light there are grow lights that you can get if you really wanted to :blush: I know some of them are even really small for just one or two plants!

Hey, Iā€™m making an infused oil too! Iā€™m going to turn mine into a salve though. Iā€™m using calendula and lavender. My hands will thank me when itā€™s done!

That is definitely one thing mint will do if left unattended lol itā€™s very invasive and will spread like wildfire!

I hope you find a good one! I think it was @BryWisteria who found that yarrow is good for menstrual cramps :thinking: Iā€™ll have to find the post lol I think itā€™s this one! :red_circle: Herbal Tea for Menstrual Cramps Itā€™s a tea but I would imagine a spell oil with yarrow would do something similar.

These are so cute and such a good idea! I love how you improvised this challenge since your garden is dormant. Thatā€™s funny to me since living in Florida and our growing season is backward from most of the rest of the United States. Our growing season is generally through Fall into Winter and Spring!

Oh man, if only my bathtub was big enough :laughing: I love this recipe, though. I might have to mix up some herbal infusions and create a roll-on to use instead of a bath. That would work much better for me. Also! Thank you for including the plant-based alternatives! This plant-based person thanks you! :clap:

Youā€™re right, this is such a simple recipe! I wonder if you could use an orange peel instead of orange oil :thinking: my skin doesnā€™t do too well with citrus essential oil but the orange peels I can handle. Thank you for sharing!

Iā€™ve tried to read Spiral Dance and I just couldnā€™t get through it :sweat_smile: maybe Iā€™ll have to give it another chance! I donā€™t know if I want to be friends with my womb but maybe itā€™s got some other good information in it!

Aww Iā€™m sorry your husband doesnā€™t feel well but I hope this salt bowl has helped him feel better :heart:

I love these so much :heart: Those soaps are really pretty and look like something I would love to make. Iā€™ve never made soap, though :laughing: I think I would be scared! But maybe thatā€™s a venture I can try in the future :blush: I have to say, too, you take great photos!

Aww, what a sweet gift! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Iā€™m sure sheā€™s gonna love it when itā€™s done!

Interesting! Iā€™ve never thought of using mineral oil for spell oils instead of vegetable-based oils :thinking: Honestly, I donā€™t even know what mineral oil is made from :laughing: but now I have another thing to research!

Go away, pain! Go away! :clap: Your poppet is wonderful and I hope it works exactly as it needs to :heart:

I canā€™t wait to see where this journey takes you, too! Iā€™ve never heard of a spagyric before so Iā€™m definitely interested in the process and the outcome! :heart:

I love pine so much! We donā€™t have many around my area and itā€™s one of the things I miss from living in the Pacific Northwest :sob: but Iā€™m sure if I looked hard enough ā€“ and learned about the different pines in Florida ā€“ I could find some easily. Thank you for sharing this information!

So many great entries so far! :heart: :clap: :tada:

16 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

Firstly, I took a pinch of cinnamon, stood at the front door and blew the pinch into the house focusing on healing and protection. Thank you @SilverBear

Secondly,
I was inspired by @Mistress_Of_Herbs and @MeganB and am creating an infused oil. From that I am going to melt some beeswax and make a salve. I bought beeswax from our local apiary. I poured olive oil over
-lavender for healing and stress release
-rose for beauty
-calendula for healing
-rosemary for health and mood enhancer
I free poured so I donā€™t have measurements.
I focused on the benefit of each herb while adding it to the jar.
I am going to use the salve for my hands, feet and lips and probably elbows.
Edit: I also was able to get the herbs from a local health food store and the little jars for the Elbe from the local apiary.

Cheers!

14 Likes

I donā€™t have many lamps so yeah, Iā€™d have to buy one. LOL! Thanks, love!

I may have to try that someday. @Wysteria_Norn was saying the same thing!

7 Likes

Always good to hear from others regarding the entries, so I absolutely donā€™t mind :grin:
I use a 3:1 ratio of vegetable oil to mineral because vegetable oil can go rancid over time. So, itā€™s like white petrolatum.

7 Likes

Ashley,
Iā€™ve wanted to make some soap for sometime and when I went to Oregon my mother in law had some soap that was made into crystals.
I just love how much intention you put into your :soap: soap! I really like how you incorporated your product and used herbal protection and symbolism. What a great combo!
Madea- ā€œWashed in lightā€ I absolutely :100: loved :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: your style thank you for sharing your light!
Jessica- I really like your bath salt :salt: prosperity bath :bathtub:!
For my Challenge in the Green World I just want to say how herbs has helped me in my journey. Herbs are my medicine. Weather it be burning some sage and binding something. I wanted to share my smudge sticks I have to burn :fire: I think :thinking: most of the time I am burning a candle or smudge sticks. Since I consider myself to have that inner wisdom to heal myself after a long day. Or while I am at work I use my new charm.
This charm is unique because you can implement essential oils and because of the tree that has a deep meaning. Especially here with you being that it is Infinite Roots. I like this symbolism because I want to think of myself like an Oak Tree strong and rooted. My world Tree is assessable itā€™s Maple :maple_leaf: maple is my favorite tree. I think I am connected to the higher, middle, and lower. Middle work we are here in the physical and the upper well itā€™s our highest form of self and lower world. The lower world is like metting with our ancestors. So this is how I connect to my tree. Then chose an essential oil. When meditating :woman_in_lotus_position: imagine any smell that comes to you from your tree. Even if you only have a couple essential oils then you can charm yourself all week while youā€™re on a job or at school. For example I have cinnamon that really smells good and it is inn season too! I guess I am a seasoned Witch. Lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ha ha ha
Here is a link [Tree of life charm ](Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser Necklace Tree of Life Pattern Stainless Steel Locket Pendant with 24Inch Chain https://a.co/d/fV05Nuy)
This is like infinite roots charm right? It can be.
I really love this charm cause itā€™s a way to use my magic everyday! Hers the spells 8 Infinite Roots Book Of Shawdows that came from my BOS
Cinnamon

I was gifted this ā€œThe Tree :evergreen_tree: of Lifeā€ charm
I blessed my necklace by saying I am new and saying out load I am new I am new and added sacred smoke :dash: by using a cedar smudge stick.
I have Llewellyn ā€œComplete Book :closed_book:of Correspondencesā€ this is weā€™re I am citing my information.
[Has all the correspondences for anything you need! ](Llewellynā€™s Complete Book of Correspondences: A Comprehensive & Cross-Referenced Resource for Pagans & Wiccans (Llewellynā€™s Complete Book Series, 4) https://a.co/d/6fUGTpS)
![034420C1-18C0-4B60-8EF3-ADE9B61BFD25|690x211]

(upload://pkD6WgAdwWeeH8yjITtg4ppI4Te.jpeg)

I used a couple drops :sweat_drops: of cinnamon in the charm and used it as an amulet to protect me during my waking life and sleeping to aid me to focus on healing myself!

I have many smudge sticks I use on a regular basis like
White Sage:

Dragons :dragon: Blood :drop_of_blood: for extra boost in spells :magic_wand: any challenges I might be facing something and need courage, or balance and concentration plus blessings!

Well as you all know thereā€™s many smudge sticks we can use and essential oils that have herbal correspondences that we can benefit from! Well thanks for letting me share how I use herbs in my life as medicine. Herbs is a bridge :bridge_at_night: to the unseen world :earth_americas:! Right know I am looking at a book called ā€œThe Temple Of Shamanic Witchcraft and it comes with a Meditation Cd that is written by Christopher Penczak. He does Shamanic Drumming and also has many Incence, Plant Spirit Communication while listening to the the drum :drum: I have been incorporating sound in my head to heal the Shawdow!
One of my favorite things to crush is pinecone it has a really great woody smell :nose: and a great texture for burning :fire:
Love and light
Jeannie

15 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose thats awesome! Salves are great.

8 Likes

@MeganB awwwwww that looks great!!! Let me know how it turns ou or if u need help

8 Likes

I love this topic, thank you!
Iā€™d like to share my experiencie with herbs. My grandma used to show me different kind of plants and tell me their properties. When i was a little girl, most of remedies were herbal and Home made, i mean, for regular and normal health breaks (a stomachache, a cold, an insect bite, things like that). Both my mom and grandmom used to smudge with Rosemary all the time. Those are my first memories with such magical world.

I ā€™ ve always been interested in herbal magical properties, so i use them a lot in my craft. I really enjoy grinding and mixing.

My multipurpose mix contains rosemary, sage, frankincense, lavander, red rose, cinamon, myr, and bay.

I also make tinctures with rosemary, palo santo and laurel, which i use to prepare this cleanse potion i always keep in my backpack in a spray bottle.
I use the tinctures as base, add destiled water, essential oils and some drops of apple vinager. I use it at home when i donā€™ t have time enough to smudge, but most i use it is at work, or everytime i need to armonize myself or my personal space.

10 Likes

Yes, you are correct. Lolā€¦ I was reviewing messages and the books that you had sent a while ago.
I really enjoyed the spiral dance that book is full of some really good information that I I use a lot.
Thank you for everything you have been a huge help I hope everything goes well with you Iā€™m sending you prayers of strength and love in finding a really good spell for you hope all is well hope all goes wellā€¦
Thank you again Blessed Be with lots of love
Medea

9 Likes

This book is one of my favorites now, but it took me years reading it the first time :grin:

8 Likes