šŸŒæ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Green & Herbal Magick

Thatā€™s true! Iā€™m always forgetting to take my vitamins anyway lol I need one of those reminder things.

6 Likes

My 2nd son & my daughter both had eczema as toddlers. My son I guess grew out of it, or thatā€™s what I was told. My daughter for years could take a full shower or bath every other day or would get patches on her arms & the backs of her knees & legs. Now she takes them & she uses Aquaphor or Eucerinā€¦ I have a calendula salve, but what do I know she is like that wonā€™t work :laughing: Um honey, just humor me & try it first would ya?

I love my daughter the teenager, I love my daughter the teenager, I love my daughter the teenagerā€¦

Iā€™m going to have her try it, I know sometime soon she will be letting me know that she is out of the 2 she does useā€¦ I honestly think it is out of habit for her because they worked when she was younger & still clear it up when it flares, which is usually the summer or winter when we have really dry airā€¦ or when she is doing a lot of swimming so showering afterwardā€¦ which was basically every day from the day after Thanksgiving until this past Saturday :rofl:

She actually just said last night that she can still feel the chlorine &/or salt water in her hair from swimming so much on her tripā€¦ I bought her a shampoo & conditioner for all hair types that are made with all-natural ingredients including aloe.

7 Likes

Hopefully she uses it :laughing: maybe when I use mine and she sees that it works sheā€™ll use hers!

8 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose it took me a hot minute to use it, mainly based on its name. But once i actually found out about its benefits, i changed my mind

@MeganB i understand completely. My oldest brother has horrible eczema and psoriasis when i was growing up. He also uses my salve for both aswell as for his poison ivy allergy

Calendula is great for treating, eczema, psoriasis, poison ivy/oak/sumac, hives, mild cuts and burns, mosquito bites, chigger bites, etc. Pretty much if it itches calendula will offer relief.

8 Likes

I am dangerously allergic to one of theseā€¦ my son is allergic to 2 of them & got them both at the same time a few months agoā€¦ I didnā€™t even think :thinking: of using the Calendula Salveā€¦ butā€¦ he did have to go to Urgent Care for oral medication & then a wash he used in the shower for about 2 weeks along with a spray. Now he keeps Benadryl & Calamine lotion & spray in his truck.

7 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs

Hello, if i may, I have a question.

I have been shaking my herbs and oil. The oil is darker and I opened it to smell it and it does not smell great. It does not smell bad or moldy.
I out in lavender, calendula, a bit of rosemary and some rose petals. Mostly I put these in for their properties and did not think of how they would be together. I put in the same amount of lavender and calendula, and lesser of rosemary and rose petals as I donā€™t like a strong rose scent.

When the oil is ready which should be soon, I am assuming it is ok to add EO to the salve with this oil. Is this correct?
I would like to improve the scent of the salve so I am thinking of adding in lavender EO or maybe I will see if just the beeswax itself will improve the oil.
What have you done if your oils didnā€™t smell as nice as you would like?

8 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose yes u can add EO to it.

Mixing all those herbs can make it smell ā€œbadā€. Also depending on your carrier oil can alter the scent. Its why i wont use sunflower oil ever.

I typically dont add all of those herbs at one time bc while infusing u are melding all those scents as one. I do each herb individually then blend them once the infusion process is over, for less contamination.

10 Likes

Ahhhh. I was trying to be efficient. Oh well. Next time I will do it differently. This time I will just suck it up and use it only for myself and not as give always for Christmas.

7 Likes

Thanks for letting me know!

7 Likes

This challenge and its discussion period have closed- but no worries! You can visit the Activities Category to find and join the current challenge :trophy:

(If youā€™d like to respond to any posts shared here, please feel free to do so in a new discussion or via Private Message :incoming_envelope: Thank you!)