šŸ«¶ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - HandCrafting

I made witches bells.

25 Likes

Thatā€™s such a sad story. :cry: The concept is interesting and I hope that if she did exceed her goal that her wish was granted by the gods. I hope you also find a good tutorial for folding a dragon origami! I look forward to whatever it is you decide to do. :blush:

That color combination is so pretty! I love the golds with the black and blue. :heart_eyes: I really like the last fabric choices with the planets and stars! I think thatā€™s perfect for a shadow oracle deck!

This is beautiful Garnet! I think you did a great job. :sparkles:

I love that phrase. :sun: Your sign is so cute! I hope it brings you the warmth on the cold days!

Mandalas are so pretty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I canā€™t wait to see what you come up with!

Welcome to the forum Anjelique! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Itā€™s nice to see you here engaging and posting with us. Your beadwork is beautiful and I think you did a wonderful job. :revolving_hearts: Thank you for sharing!

Thereā€™s something so satisfying and beautiful about images of hanging herbs that are drying :heart_eyes: I canā€™t wait to see your wreath when itā€™s done! :blush:

Youā€™ve put together such a great little space! That little moon calendar in the back is beautiful :waning_gibbous_moon: also ā†’ I have that same altar cloth! It was a gift from my parents a few years ago lol

Donā€™t mind me as I sit over here jealous of all your lavender :laughing: I love the wreath you made!

Exciting! I look forward to seeing them if you decide to share! :heart:

I love them! :revolving_hearts:

For this challenge I decided to use some of the yarn I got from the Michaelā€™s sale and create a little pouch for my oracle deck. I still have a few decks that donā€™t have bags so Iā€™ll be making more. I was excited to use this particular colorway for this deck though. I also made a tutorial for this bag that will be up on my crochet channel soon! The yarn is by Loops and Threads and it is 100% recycled polyester :blush:

17 Likes

Very Beautiful pouch @MeganB.

10 Likes

Very Nice @Ostara

9 Likes

I have been inspired! I decided to move my moon alter to my magick corner. And then I changed some elements.

22 Likes

Ok, so I really wanted to make my sleep pillow but I have had no energy thanks to COVID. So instead, I will share with you the various items that I have been making to try to help us heal quickly and ease our symptoms. Some of these recipes are from our very own @Mistress_Of_Herbs, who Iā€™ve dubbed the Herbal Queen, some are my own concoction, while others are from various herbal remedy books. Iā€™ll note the source of each one below.

To ease my symptoms, I have been living on Christeenaā€™s COVID Tea. It is a great tasting blend of herbs that help ease the symptoms of COVID.

I made a chest rub to use similar to vicks vapor rub (my own recipe). I put 4 tablespoons olive oil and 2 teaspoons beeswax pellets in a small saucepan (I have a dedicated one for melting beeswax) and stirred over low heat until fully melted. I removed from heat and added 40 drops of eucalyptus essential oil and 4 drops peppermint oil. I then poured this into small screw-top containers and let it cool completely before sealing. If stored in a cool place out of light it should be stable for up to a year. I rub roughly 1/2 tsp on my chest and it helps clear my sinuses. I will add more peppermint next time though.

Three times a day, we are taking an elderberry tincture that I made prior to cold/flu season. We mix it with juice but you can take it straight or mix it with your drink of choice (I would not recommend citrus as the flavors donā€™t mix well). To make you will need a 1:5 herb to alcohol mixture (50% alcohol/50% water). I used vodka but you could also use brandy or whisky, whatever you have on hand. I had a full bottle of vodka but if you have a lesser amount, check to see how much alcohol you have and then measure out your herbs from there. I used 50% elderberry, 25% Bonset, and 25% Echinacea. You could also add Chaga if you have it on had but I did not. Grind them to a consistency of coarse cornmeal. I used a coffee grinder that I have dedicated to my herbs. Measure the and mix the alcohol/water in a jar, you want the actually weight so either ounces or grams. Then measure out your herbs, remember the 1:5 ratio, and place into a macerating container - I used a mason jar. Slowly pour the alcohol/water over the herbs. Cover tightly, shake, and set in a dark place a room temperature. Label with current date and herbs. Shake daily for three weeks. At this time, pour the mixture into a strainer lined with cheesecloth over another jar, express thoroughly by hand. Take this jar and let it sit undisturbed overnight. The following morning, carefully pour off the liquid through a filter into a brown bottle. Store in a cool room, away from sunlight.

• You will have to experiment with the dosage that works for you and your family. Start with about 5 drops to ensure there is no allergic reaction. I have found that for adults (over 10 yo), 30 - 60 drops 1 to 2 standard droppersful, 3 to 5 times a day works the best. I have not given this to children but have seen similar tinctures with recommended dosages of 5-10 drops well-diluted in water or juice taken 3 times a day for children 4-10 yo. I do not recommend it for under 4 yo without consulting your physician.
  • If you donā€™t want any alcohol to remain (either for children or due to alcohol dependency), place the drops in a cup of boiling hot tea or water and let the alcohol evaporate. Then you can drink it hot or when it has cooled off. It is only necessary to let it sit for 3-5 minutes for evaporation to occur.

A couple other teas that I have tried are as follows:

• Throat Coat (from The Modern Herbal Dispensatory): 2 parts licorice, 1 part Marshmallow root, 1/2 part peppermint. Can also be made as a glycerite.
  • Lung-Lubricating Tea (from Herbal Medicine for Beginners): 1 c marshmallow root, 1 c mullein leaf, 1/2 c fennel seed, 1/4 c licorice root; mix and store in airtight container. Make a cold infusion by measuring 2-4 tablespoons per quart of water and place in mason jar/french press. Add cold/room-temp water and steep for 4-8 hours. Strain and drink directly. Can warm up and add honey.
  • Tamed Wildā€™s Cold & Flu Tea

Lastly, I am doing some herbal steamers where I place some peppermint, eucalyptus, and rosemary in a bowl and add hot water. I then create a tent with a towel over my head and lean over the bowl to inhale the steam. This will open my sinuses for a small amount of time and ease my sinus headaches.

17 Likes

Donā€™t mind me, Iā€™m just going to bookmark your post for future recipes and stuff :joy: Iā€™d really like to make an elderberry tincture or syrup one day. That sounds like a good idea! Ohh and maybe some vegan elderberry gummies with extra vitamin C and zinc! :thinking: Now my brain is going and going and going!

14 Likes

Go right ahead!! All of these are great for any sinus congestion. Those gummies would be great!! Iā€™ve been doing walmart deliveries like every other day, lol, so I just might be adding ingredients to make gummies to my next round. Thanks for the idea!!

14 Likes

I have made elderberry syrup before, it keeps in the fridge afterits finished for up to years depending on the type of bottle. Illhave to see if i can find that recipe

14 Likes

I would much appreciate it! :heart: Iā€™ve never made a syrup like that before.

13 Likes

Omg! I must start making oils!!

12 Likes

Okay, when I am in my space tomorrow I will look through the recipe cards :smiling_face:

@martje & @Phoenix_Rose I am making Chakra oils in roller bottles. I use Grapeseed Oil as the carrier but you could use coconut too. I use them for all kinds of things! I have a few on my altar space that I have made & then a couple that I received in a subscription box. I like to use them for anointing, simmer pots, diffusers for mental health & remedies for sinuses & such.

@crystal5 that is a really nice sigil hanging that you made, I love the yellow & how brightening it is :hugs:

I love mandalas, like to color them & draw them.

Oh! Today I was driving home & saw a bright green storage container with bright yellow on the handles & hinges! Images of runes are drawn all over the doors. The ones I remember seeing are Othala :othalan:, Laguz :laukaz:, Gebo :gebo:, & Ingwaz :ingwaz: ā€¦ so now Iā€™m so curious about why itā€™s there. The yard itā€™s in isnā€™t usedā€¦ they are unused properties. So itā€™s very curious. :face_with_monocle:

14 Likes

@Amaris_Bane ha ha ha ha herbal queen huh. Now thats funny. Im glad u like the tea. Hope its helping and making u feel better. I have an elderberry syrup too lol, @MeganB

13 Likes

They are lots of fun

13 Likes

Where do you get the recipe for the oils?

13 Likes

Appreciate It! And thank you for the warm welcome. Definitely happy to be here. :hugs:

13 Likes

Thank you! I started with the loom also and still bounce between loom and peyote. Seed beads are beautiful, delicate as they are and I Take such a confort working with them! I only wish I Could Find the time to do it more often.

13 Likes

@MeganB thank you for the kind words and welcome! LOVE to see all the amazing things shared here!

11 Likes

@Amaris_Bane hey love did u see the migraine oil recipe i tagged u in?

12 Likes

@MeganB i found it i found it. I was looking everywhere for my elderberry syrup recipe. And i finally found it. @Susurrus is probably alot better. And she is totally right if properly stored it can last years. This bottle is 2 yrs old. And still just as effective as when i first made it.

15 Likes