šŸ«¶ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - HandCrafting

Thank you @MeganB.
I was really surprised that the bench turned out that good. Iā€™m thinking about putting some moss on it to hide some of the glue.

:boom:Your crochet oracle bag turned out awesome. You are really good at crocheting.

So many great crafts this week made my idea list grow! I bought a couple sets of knitting needles at an estate sale a few weeks ago so Iā€™ve been trying to learn knitting. I think I still prefer crochet :wink:

Have a great day :rose:

7 Likes

Thank you, they actually help keep me grounded & present because I donā€™t put them all in one area, so every time I move one scent is stronger than the other or the one scent is stronger in some areas & not as strong in others areas at other times. Itā€™s hard to explain, but it keeps me from floating away so Iā€™ll take it! :laughing:

5 Likes

@Sarafeena_Sage ā€“ I think moss would be a good addition to the little bench :blush: and thank you for the compliment on my bag! Itā€™s nice and soft and fits perfectly! Iā€™ve always wanted to knit because I feel like there is so much more that can be done with knitting but alas I prefer one hand over two :joy:

Interesting! I kind of get what you mean :thinking: I might have to try something similar.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve learned a lot in the last 6 months. Itā€™s just finding how to use what for the best results in different situations. If I think of any other things Iā€™ll let you know!

Also sometimes tweaking things so they also work with my practice is always a benefit :smiling_face:

7 Likes

Thank you so much! Iā€™m glad I tried this!

4 Likes

Look at Tunisian crochet! If knitting and crochet had a baby, it would be Tunisian crochet. I tried it recently and it was kind of fun. Alas, I have it up because the project was huge and it was frustrating, but Iā€™d like to try it again on a smaller scale soon!

5 Likes

Honestly I didnā€™t have much time but I started thinking what I would like to conjure up in my life and used some symbols that are magickal!

Jeannie

6 Likes

I made a spells 8 candle awhile ago and I push out all the negative energies out while I turn the candle counter clockwise direction then I say clockwise bringing in all the light and bringing prosperity and protection to all of my spells 8 family and infinite roots family

You can do it with tissue paper too here is how to do it!
Transfer candle for spells 8 candle
Spells 8 transfer paper techniques for candle
I just wanted to say u all did beautiful work and you all inspire me so much! With love and honor I honor all of you!
Love and light :high_brightness:

Blessed be!

10 Likes

I agree! :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Iā€™ve made a few things with Tunisian crochet! I just havenā€™t ventured too far into it :sweat_smile: I feel like I would need to work with finer yarn and thatā€™s not something Iā€™m used to. I generally work with a DK or worsted weight, usually never anything less than a 4 :laughing:

4 Likes

@MeganB the reason I stopped the Tunisian (it was on THE blanket when I first started it) was because it was heavy and hurt my hand. I hadnā€™t considered a lighter yarn. I have to get some needlesā€¦ I borrowed the Tunisian hook from a friend, but I think I want to start with like a dish cloth or something small. The stitch was beautiful, but it just wasnā€™t the right time or project.

5 Likes

I want to make a tanktop or some kind of shirt. The issue I have is thatā€™s a large project that requires multiple skeins of yarn, usually, and Iā€™m impatient :laughing:

6 Likes

@MeganB i feel you! Iā€™ve only been crocheting since 2018, so Iā€™m a little intimidated by projects that require too many skeins! I recently learned how to do a magic knot that made color changes sooo much better. Iā€™m a fan of ombrĆ© yarns. I just finished this virus shawl (terrible picture, but Iā€™m using it as a blanket this second). Right now I am trying to finish up some works in progresss before I jump into a moss stitch baby blanket for my parapet. I need some easy wins after that last project! LOL!

Ok, the picture wonā€™t load right now, but Iā€™ll take a pretty one and send it to you in a bit!

4 Likes

And the last batch of entries- last, but certainly not least! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Rowan The candle is absolutely beautiful- I am sure it is going to burn brightly with all of the wonderful attributes you infused into it! And congrats to your girls on their new jobs at the donut shop :blush::doughnut: They are both very blessed to be heading off to work with such loving blessings from their mom- beautiful work on the candle!

@IrisW Thank you for sharing the Infinite Roots coven symbol pdf! :pray::infinite_roots:

@Amaris_Bane That is a gorgeous box :heart_eyes: You took something that was nice and made it exquisite- what a perfect home for your decks! Now thereā€™s just one problem: their new home is so nice that they arenā€™t going to want to come out for readings anymore! :laughing: :+1:

@crystal5 Your shawl is beautiful, Crystal, and I love that it is going to hold the essence of summer in it- that is going to be perfect to keep you warm and thinking of happy summer days during the dark months of winter! So lovely! :heart:

@Mistella Witch bells! Witch bells! Hooray! :partying_face: They came out absolutely gorgeous, and my heart was singing while I read your description of each element you included and why you chose it- you put so much thought and care into crafting these bells, Mistella, and it really shows! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Your son and his girlfriend are very blessed indeed- they are so lucky to have you! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work :sparkles:

@Reiko The pic showed and itā€™s lovely- that is an awesome poppet, Reiko! :clap::grinning: I also think the gingerbread-style pattern is very charming, it makes for a good idea with plenty of space inside to put your herbs. The sigil and ā€œstitchesā€ are very creative touches too- I love how it came out! :heart: Despite not being confident with the theme, you did a really great job- thank you for jumping in and sharing your fun crafting! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Artemisia They dried really quickly- I think your herbs were excited to be turned into a wreath! :laughing: And ohhhh how lovely it is- I love the balance between the greenery and the bright flowers. They will continue to be bright and cheery for you long into the winter- that is one happy wreath! :sun_with_face: And the bags!!! Ahhh!!! :heart_eyes: It looks like you are having fun with crafting them, and they are a delight to see! Thanks for sharing, Kat- enjoy your new treasures!

@Susurrus The chakra rollers look lovely- what a fun idea to give a new life to the broken bracelet and add the chips to each bottle, thatā€™s awesome! :gem: And Iā€™m always in awe of your altar space, it is so beautiful! :sparkling_heart:

@Sarafeena_Sage You sewed those pentacle patterns, Sarall!?! Thatā€™s amazing! :star_struck: Goodness, they turned out stunning- may I ask how you plan to use them on your altar? Will you make a banner, or place them around the space? I am sure whatever you do, they will be lovely! :heart: And the triangle and bench are gorgeous too- to master so many different styles of crafts, you are such a talented crafter, Sarall! :partying_face:

@Phoenix_Rose Adding beads to the crocheted bag is such a fun idea- I cannot wait to hear how it turns out, Maudot! :heart_eyes: Happy crafting!

@Amethyst Youā€™re very welcome, Amethyst- Iā€™m happy you tried it too! Proud of you! :heart::sunflower:

@Jeannie1 Your symbols are beautiful, Jeannie- each one is a physical and tangible representation of the important things in your life. They are all very powerful! :muscle: :two_hearts: And I really love the Spells8 candle you made too- you light it with such beautiful and loving intentions. Lots of love and appreciation to you as well, thank you for helping to share creativity and inspiration! :candle::sparkling_heart:

And with that, I believe all entries have been accounted for! (As always, if I accidentally missed anyone and you didnā€™t get a reply and/or the badge you earned, please shoot me a message so I can fix it!)

(And awww thank you so much to @crystal5, @AileyGrey, and @Phoenix_Rose- Iā€™m so grateful and have so much fun seeing everyoneā€™s entries- it takes a while, but the least I can do is write a few words back to everyone to say thanks! :heart:)

Challenges are always exciting for me to see how everyone tackles the theme, and I have to admit itā€™s pretty bittersweet to be bringing this one to a close! I had so much fun and was so inspired by everyoneā€™s creations this week- thanks again to all who joined in! :people_hugging: :two_hearts:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

9 Likes

@AileyGrey & @MeganBā€¦ what is this Tunisian Crochet that you speak of? :face_with_monocle: I love to make things & if itā€™s a different type of stitch pattern, I would love to learn a new way to crochet! I am a fan of the ombre yarns too, I enjoy making things with multiple skeins, but when I was learning, I made a lot of blankets of varying sizes. Dolls, infants, small children, adults, throws, twin, queenā€¦ lots of blankets :flushed: I am very intrigued thoughā€¦

@BryWisteria thank you, the chips were too small to add to my chakra stones bags, but I thought the extra boost in the rollers was a good idea & would help mix the oils together when I shook or flipped them. Also, thank you for my altar! Thatā€™s one thing I keep up on each day with making sure itā€™s tidy & thereā€™s room to work.

7 Likes

whBeautiful entries everyone! My puppers Franklin had an allergic reaction that ive been dealing with since Monday evening. So my plans to do the witches ladder fell throughā€¦He was miserable hives, vomitting, diarrhea until this morning.

IMG_3864
Heres some pics of his hives and swelling of his face. And him enjoying a fruit popsicle. I had to pull up his water only allowing him a drink every 30 minutes, but he loved licking the popsicle.
Thank you @BryWisteria for the challenge and new badge!
Bless-ed Be

11 Likes

P.S. Yes thats a Hekate bead chain attached to his harness and a pouch of crystalsā€¦lol. I whispered Hekates protection last night to him and this morningā€¦Frankie is better.

9 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tunisian Crochet :yarn:

Oh my goodness, much love & healing your way Frankie by way of @Rowan! Iā€™m glad that heā€™s feeling better. You may have found a new favorite summer treat for him! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria for the lovely compliments. I plan on using the pentacles as a centerpiece on my altar. I just wanted more colors to coordinate with my spells and to have my decor match :wink: I will use them one at a time on the altar or anywhere I feel needs some protection.

I finished up the little shelf and added some moss to the bench. Hereā€™s a look at them finishedā€¦

and Iā€™m almost finished with my flower of life project. I canā€™t remember who had this idea but I read about it in the forum. I think it was a great idea!

I used a flat clear glass plate and traced it with a paint pen. I canā€™t wait to consecrate it so I can put it to use!
Thank you who had that idea :rose: :rose:
I think I better do laundry today :weary: Iā€™ve been too distracted at my craft table lately :yum: Its been a blast!
:butterfly:

13 Likes