šŸ“š Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - History of Magick

Even for me, that my Indigenous ancestry is about 50% haha. Our culture (western, capitalism, and such) is very disconnected from them. Iā€™m close to them but in our schools, they never teach us about natives, we never get to know their culture or anything, unless you go there individually to do so.

9 Likes

The native Americanā€™s not only lost their land and culture but were forbidden their own language. Talk about racial discrimination.
The Australian natives had their children stolen and trained as servants for those nice white people. Look it up, I believe it was called the "Lost Generation.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s is unfortunately correct. We have so many stories here on how the Christianity among with the Spanish took away everything from us, raped our women, took our children to ā€œcivilizeā€ them, and slaved our men.

Whatā€™s surprising is that this is still happening, there is no respect for our ancestors even in our own land, but thatā€™s something that some of us are fighting for, for them, for us, for our everyone. We need our culture back, our spirituality back. I think thatā€™s one of the reasons why we as Latin Americans are apparently so lost, suffering as continent.

I donā€™t want to sound rude, and I apologize if I sound that way, but every time I think about it something hurts deep inside :frowning:

8 Likes

Thanks @BryWisteria

Indeed The Vedas is a nice source of powerful magic. It actually based on ā€œAryan Religionā€. When Alexzander won part of India and arrested King Puru, then he asked Pruru ā€œTell me that what should I do with you now? Kill you or leave you?ā€ Then Puru replied, ā€œA king is the war prisoner of another king. So, you should do something that king would do in this situation with another king.ā€ Alexzander leave Pruru and left India, but some of his friends, members of his army stayed in India. King Puru gave them equal rights as Indian citizens. They started spreading the ā€œThe Vedasā€ and it is the very heart of India.

8 Likes

Here, Here! My friend.

7 Likes

America is well noted for tearing down its history (beautiful old building, entire towns have been demolished) to build a new mall.

4 Likes

This challenge has closed- but no worries! You can still respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, or you can visit Activities to find and join a current challenge.