šŸ‘ļøā€šŸ—Ø Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Honing Your Magickal Senses

I am sorry for your loss @kirsty4 That was a beautiful poem, written in her honor. Thank you for sharing.

10 Likes

-Challenge Entry-

Hey there, Iā€™m new to challenges (this is my first one) so Iā€™m not quite sure if Iā€™m doing this right; Iā€™m honestly just winging it right now.

But for me, I have been working on my Clairaudience lately. So I tend to isolate myself in my room, light some incense, and just listen for whatever may come. Sometimes itā€™s just ringing in my right ear, other times I swear I hear voices; but I canā€™t quite make out the words.
Iā€™ve started journaling my thoughts and experiences and have found a ā€œslightā€ pattern. For example: If I get a high pitched ringing in my right ear, I feel like I hear a conversation going on in the far distance on my left side.

If anyone has some knowledge in this realm, please feel free to reply and guide me or give tips/tricks.

Thank you!!
:blue_heart: B

15 Likes

Donā€™t worry. You did it perfectly. :black_heart:

11 Likes

Thank you so much!

11 Likes

@kirsty4 that was beautiful :people_hugging:

@B.Dane you did a great job as @starborn said, I will have to look into working on Clair-Audience, as itā€™s something Iā€™ve always just had, whether or not I realized it or paid attention. For me usually for any of them, I have to be in a routine the involves grounding & having a clear mind so to speak as well managing other things as well as my own protections from interference from others or situations or energy.

Normally, when Iā€™m on the other side of dealing with things that have come upā€¦ its a natural part of my day.

• I use intentional clearing breaths
  • calming music
  • meditations - including progressive muscle relaxation, guided, & music usually with something in at least 1 of my hands
  • walking barefoot or working with my hands in the dirt/soil/sand (yard, beach, nature)
  • sitting & taking in or noticing my surroundings outside with breathwork

Different things like those. There are others but at the moment, those are what immediately come to mind.

I did get to posting my entry finally & it took longer than intendedā€¦ so if I repeat myself, my apologiesā€¦ Iā€™m a bit tired this evening :laughing: If you make it through its entirety, thank you :blush:

ā†’ Weekly Witchy Challenge Honing Senses - Challenge Entry

12 Likes

I have a clear

Claircongnizance
I just know thereā€™s a clear understanding and I canā€™t really tell you what it is because itā€™s super personal but I am using my senses.
This is going to to be a interesting one
Jeannie

12 Likes

I just posted a sec ago the ringing I think itā€™s my guides getting my attention!
Jeannie

10 Likes

So Beautiful Kristi !
Jeannie

11 Likes

Challenge Entry
This challenge is the one I read with most pleasure. Everyoneā€™s entries fascinated me, so I googled and found more ways people tried to activate their 3rd eye chakra, or just the 6th sense.
I stumbled upon a Reddit post where a colleague witch describes a recipesā€¦ And I have to share it with you.
" Mushroom Chocolate"
Ingredients and materials:
ā€¢Dried magic mushrooms
ā€¢Chocolate bar of your choice
ā€¢Large pot
ā€¢Raw cocoa
ā€¢Glass/metal bowl
ā€¢Mixing spoon
ā€¢Coffee grinder or sharpen knife
ā€¢Chocolate molds or a non-stick baking tray
ā€¢Candy thermometer (optional).
I know, what exactly are those magic dried mushrooms, you wonder. And I know you thought about it right away - indeed, you are definitely right if you have THAT thought.

This is obviously a joke, a funny introduction to my post, and at the same time, maybe it will be useful for someone. This is the link to full recipe.

Now, to more serious things.
In my practice senses are crucial, and definitely not only the 5 basic ones. 6th sense plays a high role as well. I mostly use my vision to perceive reality, and 6th sense to feel the hidden of this world. But, for obvious reasons, smelling and touching in witchcraft are a must as well.
So, regarding senses my statement would be - all of them are equally important. :clap:t2:

Besides small talk about senses, I would like to share a legit practice I have in my family for generations (of women) that I found out about recently.
The female members of my family are a lot into room plants. But due to us living in apartments, most of them are kept in the balcony, which is bad for plants in winter cold. So each autumn mom brings them inside, and in early spring - she gets them back outside. And for different species of plants - they get their dirt changed yearly or every couple of years.
My grandmother has an outside garden where she grows roses, and some food greens - like parsley, dill and green onion (obviously in their specific seasons). Her garden is small, and located behind our 5 floor flat, but she thinks this is enough for her hobby.
I recently discovered that love for plants as well, when, after moving in with my fiancee, my dad gifted me a house plant to bring freshness, fertility and growth into our home. And now I want my own garden. Tending to plans and being connected with nature, with all our senses is divine. Smelling the ground, the bloomed flowers, wet dirt, feeling the silky touch of petals, seeing how that plant grows, hearing the wind blowing itā€™s leaves. You donā€™t even need 6th sense to be a part of this magical world.
For me, the connection with nature (as well as cooking) has become a ritual to spirituality.

So back to our family ritual, apparently we all sing or listen to music while tending the plants. I found out about this by mistake, and my relatives probably have not paid any attention to that. But, it is fascinating to know that there is so much magic in us , in all the simple thingsā€¦
It fills my heart with joy :hugs::purple_heart:

PS. I am a city girl, so moving permanently to countryside is not an option for my lifestyle, but maybe, some day, as a granny - I could consider this option.

13 Likes

I attempted to imitate the wonderful way @BryWisteria keeps conversations going and supports us all. I donā€™t think I did a very good job, but it was my first try, and sheā€™s been at it for what, 6 years? Thank you for letting me try. I hope I didnā€™t traumatize anyone.

13 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

This isnā€™t his I wanted to approach this challenge but here we go

Having figured out my Clairs and having a basic understanding of what they are and what Iā€™m my life can be attributed to them, I have decided to step up my meditations a bit with multi goal ā€œWhat will be will beā€ approach.

Iā€™ve been working on touch and hearing for other reasons. Iā€™ve been working on hearing in a less mundane way than suggested.

Iā€™ve been doing a sort of reverse meditations :woman_shrugging:t2: sort of a mix of ritual, an anxiety exercise and meditation. Safe space, prayer and starting with faint nature sounds playing from across the room, playing ā€œWhat do you hear?ā€ and progressing to not using outside sounds.

I feel like Iā€™ve done this before and that it will develop inner hearing.

Something similar with sight will be next. Something like a ā€œClose your eyes - what is in the room?ā€ to start and then hopefully it will progress from there without promts as well

11 Likes

Well done on completing your first challenge. I enjoyed reading about your experiences. Challenges are very open so that you can complete them in a way that suits you. It could be writing about experiences,.research, crafting something, a spell, ritualā€¦anything that resonates with you based on the theme.

I love doing them. You learn so much from reading everyones entries.

Blesse be

Alan

14 Likes

Challenge entry

Since I was a kid I found out I that I am really intuitive, and whatever I say actually comes true. Maybe not right away but whenever the time is right.

Because of that I am trying to learn how to manifest things with I might say good results so far, and this lady from youtube actually helped me a lot. I donā€™t do all the meditations she has in her channel but I love listening to her about what manifestation actually is and where it should come from.
https://www.youtube.com/c/MANIFESTFASTWITHJASMINE

Also, this year I found out that I might have an inclination at tarot reading. Not really preddicting the future, but finding out the dark secrets of the others and giving advice (maybe this is because of my 12H Pluto in Scorpio? hah)
For this reason I am trying my best to bond with my tarot and oracle decks, cleaning them and getting a card of the day.
When I started I found these two guides that helped me

The last think I love to do is meditation and getting my energy back. Not reaally much to say here, but I love to use the sound of water or fire as it calms me a lot. Also, if possible I try to do it out outside.
The last time I tried to meditate outside was this Saturday

11 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Bravo to all those who opened their minds, hearts, and senses this week! As a challenge that required thinking (and seeing, smelling, hearing, etc :wink:) outside of the box, Iā€™m really impressed with everyoneā€™s creativity and the many ways this challenge was explored. Thank you to everyone who gave it a go! :raised_hands: :grinning:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :eye_in_speech_bubble: :sparkles:

9 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in!

This topic is reopening for continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!)

The ā€œProps and Presentsā€ award post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

ā†’ Award Post for the Magickal Senses Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: I hope you enjoy your new badge :medal_military:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional badges will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

10 Likes

It sounds like a fun idea for a challenge! Thank you, Georgia- I have added talents and skills to the Challenge To-Do List :grinning: :heart:

Youā€™re very sweet, Georgia- but give yourself more credit, my friend! :heart: You do a wonderful job sharing your thoughts and feedback. Your posts always radiate a kind and wise energy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Nooooo! :scream:

I agree with Bry. Itā€™s lovely to see you pop up in a conversation. :black_heart:

10 Likes

If Iā€™m being honest, Iā€™m winging it most of my life :wink: You did great!

10 Likes