🌑 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Magick in the Dark

@berta @Susurrus @Amethyst Thank you ladies!

6 Likes

My experience with shadow work for this new moon phase? Well, tonight I have completed the Wiccan Self Initiation to complete myself as a witch. I’ve done quite a few spells but I was really waiting for my wand to come in before dedicating.

Considering how dedication is a very personal and deeply emotional experience, it actually felt right to do during the waning moon and because I have to take a close look at my inner self, I believe it is a valid entry for shadow work.

I was going to dedicate myself to a star goddess, but I wasn’t sure what her name was so I instead just did what was simple and dedicated to the God and Goddess. When I first came into this stuff, I was hesitant dedicating to the two primary deities of Wicca because I wanted something more unique for myself. I have since found that I have plenty of uniqueness in my Craft that makes me stand out in a number of way. Plus, the God and Goddess have been kind of growing on me a little and I feel like I should give them a chance.

I don’t have statues of the deities, I just lit the two candles to represent each one. I would definitely like to have more neat stuff like statues in here though.

Instead of pouring the water from the chalice out in the morning, I’m going to do that tonight. :slight_smile: I feel like it suits me better.

It has been roughly a year since I started into Witchcraft, so this dedication feels right on time. I look forward to seeing my spells enhanced further by my dedication.

9 Likes

@colin that sounds perfect! Congratulations on finishing your studies and doing so much work on yourself.

I found the statue of Brigid on Amazon, I love her and she is on a shelf with some shells, crystals, and other jar spells that I have done. It works out well for me that way.

I believe that if it feels right then it is perfect for you at this time. You’re doing great!

8 Likes

That sounds like a great plan, @Susurrus! Good luck with the kitchen and your shadow work :grin:

Welcome back, @Limeberry! That sounds like a lovely plan- treat yourself, girl! Working with roses is a delight and I can’t wait to see how the spell and bath work out for you :bathtub::rose:

So exciting, and such a great plan- Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday @Janelle! :cake::partying_face: It’s your special day so be sure to treat yourself! Sending big hugs and lots of love :heart:

You chose a lovely way to bring light to the darkest time of the month, @Berta :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I am constantly amazed by your many creative talents and this time you blew me away with your words! I can feel your warm intent lighting each and every phrase here. Reading this brought such a smile to my face. Thank you for sharing your positivity, love, and gratitude- I feel so blessed to be able to experience your warm heart! :hugs::sparkling_heart:

Congrats, @colin!!! :partying_face: That is so exciting you finished the Self Initian Ritual- well done! You have been working hard to find your own way and it is so heartening to watch you gain confidence and stand strong on your unique path. One year behind you, so many more to come! Congrats again- and love and light to you! :candle::two_hearts:

9 Likes

Thank you so much for that lovely poem @berta! We’re grateful for you too! You’re words and craftiness add so much to the group. It wouldn’t be the same without you!

Congratulations @colin! For doing your self-initiation! That takes a lot of courage when you’re facing your shadow.

10 Likes

PDF format → What does this moon bring_.pdf

I’m going to do a ritual bath - clean slate both mentally and physically…

It is believed that as the moon grows, that your intention or wishes will too. Typically they will come to fruition by the time the moon completes its cycle and returns full circle to new again.

What you can do:

Take a ritual bath. Water symbolically washes away “old” stuff.

Use some Epsom salt and lavender!

Dim the lights, light an incense, add some candles, and play some soothing music and relax for about 15- 20 minutes.

While you are relaxing, envision the water taking all the negative stuff from you. Don’t be afraid to fully submerge yourself - clean your slate both physically and energetically.

I will then make some moon cookies, some hot cider, use the image above to answer some questions, do a tarot spread, and enjoy some bay leaf burning!

11 Likes

Ooh the bath was just fabulous! This time I went for Himalayan salt, vinegar, orange oil and roses. Inhale positive energy from the white candle and exhale negative energy to be absorbed by the black candle. I had a loooonng soak and meditation. Really gorgeous- would recommend!

14 Likes

I think that’s my favorite thing about baths/showers. I always feel so refreshed or renewed afterward. Like the hot water just washed all the negativity and stress down the drain. I always feel like a new person afterward.

10 Likes

Happy Happy Birthday @janelle! I’ve just uploaded a little Witchy Self-Love Birthday Ritual I made for my friend back in October! Maybe something there could inspire you :kissing_heart: I hope you’re having a wonderful day! :heart:

8 Likes

I have been doing shadow work this week in the form of journaling, the shadow worksheet, and a few tarot readings. I have been feeling good the last few days and it just seemed to fit for what I am going through. I recently got out of a depression and I felt like seeing what had changed and what I could possibly work on. The tarot readings were kind of like the cards telling me to slow down and wait because things are happening as they should. A nice swift kick in the ass. The journaling though, I have written pages upon pages of things everything from the mundane to deep feelings about situations around me. As I wrote, my anxiety got better and I felt better in general about each day unfolding. I even did a jar spell for the first time in at least a month. Afterwards I felt really good about what I had done, even if my anxiety caused it to be a little rushed & scattered, the end result and my intentions were there for the spell. I just went about it a different way than what is traditional. I’m continuing to do shadow work, it’s always a work in progress, because I want to make sure I am ready for what’s to come. From what I know, it’s going to be life changing and put everything into a whole new perspective for myself and those that are close to me.

8 Likes

This Dark moon :black_heart: Magick really fits into my moment. I shall do it tomorrow, Saturday, which is the day ruled by Saturn.

10 Likes

Oh, I love Loner Wolf! Their content and emails are information and interesting!

9 Likes

Have to see what I can conjur up for this challenge.

8 Likes

I feel really scattered and chaotic inside, I don’t know if my shadow work has stirred up some things or what. I know made a post, somewhere about my experience with Shadow Work, but I cannot seem to find it. I will have to poke around the forum & see where I put it.

7 Likes

Hey all! I wanted to do something today, on Saturday because it’s a good day to banish things you don’t need, especially with the waning moon. Still I wasn’t sure what to do, that is until I read this morning’s 365 Goddesses: A Daily Guide to the Magic and Inspiration of the Goddess by Patricia Telesco.

December 12th’s Goddess is Bamya, the Zoroastrian Goddess of the Twilight, who Guides the Sun God’s Chariot through the sky. As the sun sets in Iran today, a huge bonfire is lit to symbolize the power of light over dark, good over evil.

This Goddess teaches that even one person can make a difference. Which is a good thing right now. Included with this book was this wonderful devotional prayer.

At sunset today light an orange candle (or another one the color of twilight) and greet Bamya with this prayer:

Lady of the Gentle Twilight I welcome you. As the sun sets on this day, let things from the past that I no longer need to bear also fade away. Teach me to leave them behind as easily as you leave behind the daylight. As darkness falls, grant rest to my unsettled spirit so that I can rise tomorrow renewed and whole. Bamya be with me. Amen.

That’s all the book had, but I’m going to focus on my ill-health as the candle burns down. Hopefully it will banish any illness as the candle goes down. That’s the plan anyway.

Then, on Monday the night of the New Moon, I’m going to focus on my New Year’s resolutions. Seems a good night, with the new moon to try to start some new goals.

So that’s what I’m going for the Magic in the Dark Challenge.

9 Likes

I’m sorry you’re feeling chaotic, maybe it’s a good kind of chaos though. You can always hope. :hugs:

8 Likes

Especially when I’m actively trying to organize information. Before I start have an idea of what I want to do or where I want it to go, then I start to do & everything floods my brain & I get so confused and draw a blank. I think it’s me preparing for a big change in 2021/after the holidays. I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad chaos, just tough to manage sometimes. Thank you @Amethyst!

8 Likes

I’m an idiot, I told you that I was feeling chaos & scattered… I DID make the post about my shadow work on the right thread. I need to breathe for sure!

5 Likes

Well good luck managing it! It sounds like you’re a baby bird getting ready to burst from the shell! That’s difficult for the bird sometimes but always good in the long run. Good luck getting there!

6 Likes

I know what you mean, I feel like something big is in the works.

7 Likes