:phoenix: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Magickal Creatures

Love your ravens post. They are beautiful :heart::heart::heart: I loved reading about them Thankyou :heart:

@Mystique thankyou lovely :rose:

13 Likes

Well as @starborn is not taking the vampires, may I?

From Nosferatu, Bram Stokers Dracula, Twilight, Interview with a Vampire, The Vampire Diaries and Beautiful Creatures, vampires have fascinated and terrified humanity since the beginning of time.

They have been the villains of horror.
They have been heros and antiheros.

They have left their mark on history and wooed every young girls heart (then eaten it :heartpulse: )

But is there anything in history about these fascinating creatures? Yes, there is.

Probably the most famous real vampire was Vlad III of Wallachia, the infamous, Vlad the Impaler, from 1456-1462, who executed his enemies by impaling them on stakes. This gentleman became the inspiration for Bram Stokers Dracula.

All cultures throughout history have a vampire legend, in Norse there were creatures called draugr, “again-walkers” who would return from the grave to terrorise the living. Greece has the myth of Empusa, daughter of Hecate, who was said to lure young men at night and feast on their blood, then eat them. In Madagascar, there are legends of a ramanga which attacks nobles, drinking their blood.

But now, today’s vampires have redeemed themselves. They are beautiful, deadly, exciting and can be redeemed from hell to be a true hero. How did they achieve such a turn around from their monstrous past? Perhaps that’s a little bit of vampiric hypnotism, on a whole generation :rofl:, gotta give it to them, they’re clever and know how to survive, and re-invent themselves for each generation.

So whether you believe in vampires or not, they are here to stay, they captivate the heart and imagination of every culture, in every time period. Quite an achievement I think.

So I’ll give Klaus, the last word.

16 Likes

I’d like to say, everyone’s entries are absolutely amazing. I have loved reading these. :partying_face::green_heart::kissing_heart:

13 Likes

Love your entry I was a vampire like every year for Halloween for like six years lmao :rofl::rofl::rofl:

14 Likes

Magickal Creatures
Challenge entry- Everybody has some incredible entry’s :two_hearts: but yours specifically stood out to me @tracyS because last night I fell asleep watching exploring Draculas Castle Transylvania Romania on utube and I wanted to share it here for anyone who wanted to take a peek inside.

By samandjessexplore

16 Likes

@crystal59 You should put Challenge Entry to your post, get the badge. This is good stuff :partying_face::green_heart:

13 Likes

Great idea just did it :+1: thank you!! :blush: :pink_heart: :infinite_roots:

13 Likes

@crystal59 :partying_face:. It’s a beautiful castle. :heartpulse:

13 Likes

Love vampires! From a teenager I have always wanted to be a vampire. Unlike several of you, I slept with my blankets under my arms so that my neck was fully exposed. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

I was unaware of some of the other cultural vampire stories! Thank you for this @tracyS ! :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

13 Likes

You could have even if I did, you know. :laughing: :people_hugging:

I love your entry – thank you for looking into these magickal beings and sharing it with us. But it’s come with a double-edged sword. I hope you’ll join me when I start my post dedicated to vampires. :smile: :black_heart:

Always and forever. :sparkles:

12 Likes

Thank you so much @crystal59 ! I have wanted to go to Romania and see draculas castle but have not been able to get up the funds for it. It was amazing to get to see some of the things! The doors! Oh wow!!!

Then the trek to the witches pond. Absolutely beautiful ! Except the spiders. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

12 Likes

@Devenne Thankyou :green_heart:
@Mystique Thankyou, I still pull the duvet right over :rofl:
@starborn Absolutely join you. :wine_glass:

11 Likes

Your welcome @Mystique I’m glad you enjoyed it :grin: :heartbeat: :infinite_roots: :witch_pentacle:

12 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

The Griffin is a powerful, majestic, noble creature. They have the head of an eagle with a sharp beak, fur covered lions body with four strong legs. Large wings covered in feathers so they can fly. Front eagle claws or talons for grasping prey and a powerful lions tail.

Art by Grei Jimenez

They lived in mountains or remote places away from humans. It was said that they would hoard gold and other treasures in their lairs or nests. Most stories about the Griffin say they lived alone rather than in a pride like the lion. They are very territorial and would attack anyone entering their domain. But some folklore portray the Griffin as capable of being befriended if shown kindness.

By the Middle Ages they became a popular emblem in coats of armor, flags, architecture and other imagery across Europe. London even adopted the Griffin as part of its official crest.

The earliest evidence of the Griffin is found in ancient Egypt. Cosmetic jars decorated with them was found in tombs from the Naqad II period

MYTHOLOGY OF VARIOUS ANCIENT CULTURES

ANCIENT PERSIA

The griffin was known as the Senmurv and was associated with the Zoroastrian deity Ahura Mazda. They were revered for their aspects of divinity, they were a protector and guardian and a symbol of power

ANCIENT GREECE

The griffin was known as the Gryps or Gryphon. They say it was larger than 4 elephants with claws that could cut solid stone. Some temples had the Griffin perched on corners of rooftops as protective guardians. Greek myth claims that Apollo traveled to Hyperboreans in a chariot drawn by Griffins. In fact, they believed the Griffin signified the concept of air and served the sun gods oracle at Delphi.

ANCIENT EGYPT

The Griffin was known as American. They decorated the thrown of Pharaoh Tutankhamun. They were seen as fellow travelers to the afterlife and provided air transport for souls of the dead to Hyperboreans.

ENGLAND

The Griffin were carved into walls of churches and cathedrals during the medieval era. They signifies vigilance and guardianship

Perhaps part of the Griffins magic comes from blending the majestic with the monstrous.

Griffin Mythical Creature: Fascinating Facts and Legends

15 Likes

So many interesting creatures/beasts/etc shared so far! :star_struck: :+1:

tenor-287045768
Tenor

It feels like a magickal safari this week! :sparkles:

13 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

Loving reading the entries so far.

I couldnt decide whether to explore creatures from Scotland (my home country) or Egypt (my spiritual country)so I did a few of each!

Blessed Be

Alan

16 Likes

thank you very much my sister :hekate_wheel: :revolving_hearts: :hekate_wheel: :revolving_hearts:

10 Likes

such beautiful entries! i love all these critters! :hekate_wheel: :hekate_wheel: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

10 Likes

very impressive! :pentagram: :pentagram:

10 Likes

I didn’t know this creature!
there is a book in Christianity called Revelation that speaks of such a creature simply as a symbol of power :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

11 Likes