🍶 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Magickal Inks & Oils

You are very welcome @Siofra_Strega :grin:

12 Likes

Challenge Entry

I used my fancy fountain pen and a bottle of premade ink to write a blessing for my nephew. He is due to make his appearance any day now. I added a drop of sage, a drop of rosemary, and a drop of moon water from the snow moon to some ink that I poured into a smaller container and said a prayer for protection for this sweet new soul.

I’ll frame this for Ephraim and gift it when I meet him for the first time! I love how it turned out!

23 Likes

challenge entry

A simple one for now ( incase only one can manage this week)… i have an essential oil pillow spray. Things been craxy n im sleepung on lounge because fan broke other day. Too maby long days at work, estra hrs n days, carrying toi much stuff or doing too much for too long.

So sleep is something both of a luxury and necessity right now. Thinking of what i could do for the chsllenge inspired this one. I figured writing can happen using anyting and didnt need to be visible or permenant.

Using my lavender pillow mist spray which is to promote calm and sleep i drew a rune as i sprayed. My favourite protection rune that i also like to use sandlewood, rose or a nother i forget ( i thinj palo santo) incense to write thhis rune around spaces in my home. Usually its the sandlewood and this rune algriz around windows snd doors.

But so since sleep is precious, fleeting and needed. . I decided it needed a bit of protection. Using the lavender pillow misy spray i used it to write as i sprayed like writing wuth spray paint but instead the essential oil to write on pillow, i drew algriz on my pillow before bed.

Ive even done this with certain scent or ingredient based hand cream, or scent roller to draw algriz or other rune on body and then rubbed it in. And got ready for day.
The one i did last night seemed to help as i did sleep alot better than expected esp considering pain in. So im going to keep this one up.

15 Likes

@AileyGrey I absolutely love that you made that & the prayer for him! It’s a wonderful gift for him when he arrives as well as the happy parents! :revolving_hearts:

@Phoenix_Fire that is an amazing idea & I love the use of the spray to write the rune on your pillow! Also, a great idea to use it as a hand cream & scent roller to write it on our body to get ready for the day! :two_hearts:

13 Likes

Super brilliant idea! I love it!

11 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY
This one was perfect for me, I’m not just here to learn but to relearn things because of significant memory loss. I have started to gain some of my memory and just seeing this challenge I knew that I have made inks, specifically dragon’s blood.
I did some research and found some that I am definitely going to be making but right now supplies are low as are funds so I played around with what I have.
I started by finding that I can substitute Xanthan , I have a lot of that. Only a tiny tiny bit is needed. Like hold a pinch very tightly and rub your fingers to let out a few grains at a time for a baby food size jar.
I am going to absolutely make dragon’s blood but for now it’s just what I have on hand.
Frozen blueberries - thaw and squeeze a bit of the liquid before starting and use a little more than fresh

Lemon - just wanted some practice and I always have plenty because I use them for cleaning, a little kosher salt on a half of a lemon will clean things you didn’t know were dirty. Not much color, probably great invisible ink though a uv light and there you go. I was thinking maybe sigil but it was practice. I halved several lemons, made 5 or 6 slits just through the skin to squeeze out a good bit of the liquid without losing much pulp before starting them scooped out the pulp and proceeded normally. It turned out pretty well
I can’t wait to get more supplies to try more.

17 Likes

@Nixi Ohhhhh!!! Look at THAT! It’s got such a neat magickal steampunk theme to it, I absolutely love it :feather: :heart_eyes: And what a bonus that it comes with wax and a stamp too- that is very tempting indeed. Don’t mind if I just pop that on my wishlist too :laughing: :+1:

@AileyGrey Absolutely beautiful blessing, Ailey :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And it’s not just the words that are lovely, your handwriting and drawing skills are works of art too! This is such a beautiful way to welcome your nephew into the world. Wishing him a very blessed arrival! :heart::blush:

@Phoenix_Fire Like you, I am a huge fan of room sprays that help with sleep- I love your process of spraying in the shape of a rune for an extra boost of power! :muscle: :sparkles: :algiz: It sounds like a really soothing practice that is helping you get the sleep you need. May it continue to protect you through the night and help you gets lots of good rest!

@Nixi Congrats to you for reconnecting with an old ability- it sounds like you have quite the knack for making magickal inks, Nixi! And ohhhhh invisible ink opens up so many exciting possibilities. Imagine a Book of Shadows written in invisible ink- it would be a great layer of protection to keep your spellwork from any curious eyes! Really great job, Nixi, and I hope you continue to enjoy your ink crafting! :grinning: :heart::jar:

12 Likes

I just found out that my Tamed Wild box with the ink bottle & pen :fountain_pen: will be arriving tomorrow! Woo hoo! I can’t wait to get started on this challenge! :revolving_hearts:

16 Likes

Challenge Entry

I’ve not tried to make ink yet but I’ve made a lot of oils, especially the home blessing oil. I made this oil for myself and then others have seen it work well for me so I’ve been making blessing oils for others and they have told me they have seen changes in their homes. I really enjoyed making the oils and gonna start making more. Since my moms in the hospital my sister has been cleaning and when she finishes I’m gonna make more oil for her and bless her house so its fresh and peaceful when she gets home!

These are some of my anointed candles and blessings oils I have made!

23 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

Self Love Oil

I have a favorite magickal oil for when I need a pick me up.

In a 4 oz bottle:
20 drops Rose Absolute
20 Drops Melissa essential oil
1 tsp dried pink rose petals
1 tsp dried lemon balm leaves, crushed
Chips of moonstone and rose quartz
Fill with grapeseed oil

Made on new moon, kept in dark, charged on full moon. Used for anointing body on full moon ritual.

Added to body butter and used for simple self love rituals as needed.

20 Likes

@brandy20 ooo… I enjoy making oils too! The ones that I have made for gifts have an infised base, but I have also used it for candles. Your dressings look beautiful on the their candles also!

@heather75 that sounds like a lovely oil to make on the New Moon :new_moon: to be charged with the Full Moon :full_moon: it’s a great mox for a pick me up! :revolving_hearts:

13 Likes

@Siofra_Strega
Yes!

Planting the seeds of self-love on the new moon, meditating and journaling while the oils infuse, and celebrating/manifesting self love on the full moon!

The recipe made a good stock, so now I have some for whatever spells (hello bath and candle rituals!) I might need it for in the future. :blush:

14 Likes

@brandy20 these are really beautiful, and what a wonderful gift!

12 Likes

This sounds interesting I’m gonna have to check this out :relaxed:

12 Likes

This is going to be a blast! And coincidentally, my kids were experimenting with creating their own inks from items growing the yard. So we’ll all collaborate and have some fun this week.

14 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

I love this challenge because i regularly make ise of essential oils whether it is in the bath, for the difusser or for topical use.

I have been further exploring the qualities and properties of each oil and looking more into how to create my own blends. I have been using the basic proporitions of 30% top notes 50% mid notes and 20% bottom notes. I applied this to the principle of 3-5 drops of oil per 100ml of water in my difusser.

This week was stressful in terms of work due to deadlines and also parent teacher meetings twice. This caused a bit of anxiety and even more stress! I therefore created a destress oil blend. I looked for those which have calming properties and noted them down as well as wherher they were top, middle or bottom notes. I then selected 4 and ised the proportions above. I mixed them to determine whehther i was happy or not with the scent before adding it to my difusser. My notes are shown below:

This week has taken its toll and given me dark circles so i decided to make a dark circle oil too. Again, exploring the properites each, i selected those infelt were most appropriate and created a 2% dilution. I used Almond as a carrier and combined into a roller ball. I will use twice a day and hope to see improvements!

Blessed be

23 Likes

@brandy20, Can we just pause for a moment and talk about how beautiful these candles are? :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

Thank you!!!

12 Likes

@Cosmic_Curiosity I love :heart: this method! Plus, I love to write :pen: things down rather than have a file on a computer! I love the diffuser blend you chose & I often use my diffusers & roller oils myself. I have amassed quite a collection of essential oils since I started using them too :laughing: Then when I learned how to proportion them for roller bottles… it’s been wonderful! I have an infused carrier oil made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Rose, and Lilies that I use quite a bit when making oils for friends & self-love. I had to buy a larger amount of roller bottles :joy:

I may try to incorporate this type of method when I am using or changing the blends in my diffusers. Great entry! :revolving_hearts:

@AileyGrey I mean, I would gladly join in the discussion. @brandy20 has created some gorgeous candles :star_struck:

18 Likes

@Susurrus, I had just gotten myself to be ok with not having a lot of herbs on hand because I just don’t tend to go straight for them (I actually do much better using oils) and now I just want to dress candles! @brandy20, I definitely feel inspired! Maybe I’ll make a really pretty candle for Ostara!

13 Likes