šŸ‘ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Making Magickal Offerings

LOL, wouldnā€™t that be cool! I do feel a surge of importance when a crow will call the clan when they see me and others join. :crown: I especially like the sensation when they swoop so close I can feel my hair move and hear the woosh of the wind from their wings. Iā€™m still waiting patiently for an ā€œofferingā€ from them, other then guano or a regurgitation parcel.

Is your son interested specifically in crows/birds or a generalist who is drawn to interesting facts? or both? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Cheers,
Janis :triskele:

10 Likes

Fabulous entry on this weeks theme @mary25! :astrology_jupiter:

I totally concur with your above quotes. May Jupiter continue to support you and your son through your weeks ahead.

Cheers,

10 Likes

Thank you, Janis, you are very kind to say that. :hugs:

9 Likes

So glad to hear @Ostara! Crows are pretty darn fascinating, eh? :raven:

Iā€™m very new to this witchy way, as well and am amazing at all the connections, especially to nature, that are celebrated in this practice. Because of the crows, I am aware of The Morrigan but to nervous/reluctant to directly invoke Her, at this time. Keep us posted on your experiences. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

How did it go at work with the bread offering? I know that bread isnā€™t health for smaller birds but I get the sense that with crows being scavengers theyā€™ll eat most anything. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Cheers,

10 Likes

I was teaching my son to read many years ago and I liked to teach him about nature. He seemed to enjoy books about facts more than fiction. I found the book on YouTube! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

awe, that was so sweet AND informative. Love :hugs: the childā€™s accent.

11 Likes

For my challenge I decided to make it offering to Isis she is a goddess of healing and she also looks after the dead.She is an Egyptian goddess and Since I just had a death in the family I thought it was appropriate to ask for healing in guidance and to watch over our loved one.I also could use a transformation. I do believe that there is change happening in my life so much that itā€™s a lot and overwhelming. Everything that is on my altar is the offering to Isis she is an element of water she also has the animal totem of the snake and the lion and the hawk. I really love her wings and when I look at her wings it represents her guardianship that she has in my life. I used Rose and the Vavarian and Myrr! She likes roses and the lotus and pine. I was going to post more in depth but at this point I am trying to move and hopefully buying a house so itā€™s been very stressful but I did find some time to make an offering to Isis

Jeannie

14 Likes

So cool!!! Very inspiring post. I have a family of bitches that live in my backyard and I feed them birdseed every day I never considered that I was doing that as an offering. I look forward to making something special for the birdies in gratitude to them.

11 Likes

My Entry for the Making Magickal Offerings Challenge

I chose to do a simple and impromptu offering to Morrigan tonight. I had been thinking of what I could offer her and how all week. I have a few crow feathers but donā€™t feel comfortable burning them for some reason. I know one of her preferred offerings is meat and couldnā€™t quite figure out how to make that into an offering I could immolate.

I was just beginning to feel discouraged that I wasnā€™t going to be able to complete this challenge in a time and way that I felt good about until I was preparing dinner tonight - a Spanish beef stew and realized I had some tiny bits leftover from prep that I could offer atop a charcoal burner for incense. Mixed it with a bit of dragonā€™s blood incense and created my offering out on the screen porch.

I plan to bury the remains and leftover ash in my woods by the lake tomorrow morning.

Thank you @BryWisteria for offering a new and wonderful challenge each week that has been allowing me to further explore my craft and become more comfortable learning new things. I look forward to this each and every week and am grateful for all the time and energy you put into making these a success!

Kat

12 Likes

What a glorious entry and offering! Thank you so much for sharing such an inspiring offering to Morrigan. I have bookmarked your entry for future offering ideas. :black_heart:

12 Likes

I absolutely loved reading your entry! Honestly anytime I see a crow, Iā€™m hooked so you caught my attention right away :laughing:

I also really enjoyed your take on offerings as I donā€™t consider myself to be much of an offering-type person. The way you reframed it made a lot of sense to me.

Thank you for sharing!

Kat

12 Likes

Thank you :blush: and youā€™re most welcome :black_heart:

10 Likes

Your entry moved me Wade. Rich and I couldnā€™t have kids. After years of meds that made me sick, painful tests and endless tears, Rich said enoughā€¦ I cried some more.
I found a young girl through a friend who was pregnant. Long story short, 15 y/o girl, 22 y/o man, her Mom says visit your stepbrother in Va. and donā€™t be pregnant when you come back, or donā€™t come back. My heart broke for her.
I told Rich about it and asked if heā€™d at least meet the child.
Which he did.
I was probably too old, at 36 but he said yes and I was in the delivery room when our new son was born. We were as supportive as we could be to Ann (made up name) and remain so even today. Our boy came to know her and love her. I never denied themā€¦each other. He knew he was adopted before he could say it.
Wade! Letā€™s get this Gay business out into the open. You say youā€™re gay? So what, Iā€™m a Witch! Nobodyā€™s perfect.
In fact, one afternoon, I guess he was about 12-13, he came to me and ask how I would feel if he was gay. I studied his earnest young face and said.
ā€œTrue love in this world really is kind of rare and hard to find. Lovey, I donā€™t care if you fall in love with a tree, if itā€™s the real deal, grab onto it with both hands and make it yours. Dad and I will love you, no matter what, always, no restrictions.ā€
"Being a funny kid, he laughed and shouted ā€˜April fools!ā€™
It was April Fools day, I smacked him on the arm and called him a fool. Then I hugged him, because he needed it and said.
ā€œIt wouldnā€™t have mattered, we love you, not your sexuality.ā€
What Iā€™m trying to say is the fact that you are honoring the ancestors who shared your geneā€™s. Such respect is an honor to them and you too. I canā€™t tell you how moved I was and how proud I am of you.
Lotā€™s of hurdles to jump but youā€™ve done it like an Olympian.
Carry on with chin held high, my beautiful son!
Stay safe, be strong and be Blessed.
Garnet Trailblazer

10 Likes

For this weekā€™s challenge Iā€™ve finally got round to setting up my altar to Persephone with some of her correspondences:

• Statue of Persephone
  • Purple altar cloth
  • Teapot with floral tea
  • Carnelian
  • Amethyst
  • Deer
  • Bat
  • Skull (resin)
  • Sweet smelling incense in the raven wax burner
  • High Priestess and Death/Rebirth tarot card from my Light Seerā€™s Deck

Iā€™m intending to add to the altar as I find more appropriate items, probably some dried fruits and flowers as we head towards spring.

10 Likes

There were no crows! I think it was too cold. I was so busy, I didnā€™t get a chance to go outside after it warmed up. Itā€™s supposed to be warmer tomorrow, so hopefully they will be around.

9 Likes

Iā€™m also the end of my biological line. Iā€™m an only child, no siblings or even half-siblings, and I have no intention of having children of my own. Iā€™ve got three wonderful step-children though with my husband, and other partners I may have in the future (weā€™re in an open relationship) may have children so I feel like Iā€™m contributing to their lives.

Gay doesnā€™t mean you canā€™t have children of your own though, adoption isnā€™t the only answer but still wonderful if you decide to go down that route. Iā€™ve had several gay clients have their own children, male and female. Far more options available these days :slight_smile:

9 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Beautiful work, coven! :sparkles: So many offerings of a delightful variety- thank you so much for sharing, your entries were lovely offerings for the Offerings Challenge! :grinning: :two_hearts:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :sparkles::open_hands:

7 Likes

Thank you @Athena! Iā€™m glad you enjoyed it! Hope your day is a good one too!

You did a great post @Jeannie1! May Isis give you luck with the new place!

7 Likes

I wanted to make my addition, even though the challenge already closed.

Since I havenā€™t found a patron as yet; I wasnā€™t sure how I could apply this challenge to my practice.
I thought a good place to start would be to offer my gratitude to the earth.

I didnā€™t feel like material offering would be appropriate though. So Iā€™ve decided to spent at least a few hours a week pick up garbage in local parks.

In light of the worsening drought in my area I would petition the city to allow, and advocate for residents to plant clover instead of grass which is a much hardier plant and native to the area, unlike grass; and would require significantly less water to sustain. Iā€™m not entirely sure how to go about this, but I think its worth a try.

8 Likes

As usual, I am in awe of everyoneā€™s challenge entries- going back through everything as I sent out badges really made me appreciate everyoneā€™s talents and unique approaches to challenges.

Great job, everyone! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Kasandra Congrats on the successful spellwork, Kasandra- it sounds like a lovely offering ritual! It is indeed a perfect time to ask for warmth and protection. May the gentle flame of the dragons help keep you warm and safe! :fire:

@Magdelina Beautiful work with Isis and Bast- your altar is stunning, Magdelina! :heart_eyes: It sounds like you have a lovely daily practice of making offerings, thank you for sharing!

@Debra2 Lovely offering ritual, Debra- I really do love the chant there. Itā€™s a beautiful spell and perfect for making offerings, thank you for sharing! :heart:

@MeganB The candle turned out amazing, Megan- you are a very talented crafter! :candle::sparkles: Thank you for sharing the candle making process (itā€™s so fun to see!) and also for your thoughts on how you make offerings! :two_hearts:

@Athena It sounds like you have a very respectful and gracious practice of taking care of and making offers at your ancestor altar, Athena. It is a very beautiful altar too! :blush: Thank you for both the lovely pictures and for sharing your offerings experience!

@Jem1 Lovely collage, Jem- I love how you combine art and your devotional worship! Homemade things (art especially!) are so special, made with love and care. I am sure Apollo and Hestia appreciate your work! Great job :raised_hands:

@Jewitch Youā€™ve been doing some very deep work and it sounds like youā€™ve really been bonding with your ancestors, Wade- although their contact seems to have called up some deep questions. Iā€™m in the same boat about ā€œending the family lineā€- my partner and I hope to adopt, and I have other female family members who may have kids of their own, but it is likely that our last name will end this generation. Reading your thoughts here brought up the conflicted and complex emotions I have about this too, and I really like your note about the value of carrying on and honoring memories :heart:. I did not know your ancestors, but I strongly feel that they are looking down on you with pride and love, Wade. Really beautiful job- your entries always make me feel so emotional! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Amethyst I know your living situation limits the type of offerings that work for you, Amethyst- hopefully you were able to get some new ideas from the coven about offering options! :blush: And hahaha you made me laugh about using offering money for washing underwear :joy: But hey! Iā€™m sure your deities care that you have clean clothes! :laughing: :+1: Breathtaking chant as always- I think incense sounds like a good option for you to use! Good luck and happy offerings! :sparkles:

@Janis Those all sound like beautiful offerings to me- you have been a caring and generous soul since you were a child, Janis! Crows are amazingly smart creatures and it sounds like you have a natural bond with them. They are definitely a bird you want to have on your side- they can be loyal friends for life! :raven: Beautiful ritual and lovely offerings- may your crow friends always watch over and protect you! :blush:

@Mary25 Youā€™ve been doing some fascinating work with Jupiter, Mary- thank you so much for sharing it! That is a wonderful message from the astrologers, I truly hope it is a year of great blessings :pray::blush: You went above and beyond with your three steps- thank you for sharing your research, Jupiter offerings, and other options for Jupiter in Pisces, they are all a treasure! Great work!

@Steph Goodness, Steph, you have some stunning cards- the gold leaf is really attractive! :sparkles: Thank you for sharing your love and joy both with the World and with us, beautiful work! :earth_africa:

@RyuWyn It sounds like a lovely gratitude meditation- and Iā€™m sure your altar was beautiful with the touch of flowers! :rose: Well done and thanks for sharing!

@Jeannie1 Lovely offering to Isis, Jeannie- She is truly a wonderful Goddess to work with! It sounds like Her correspondences and traits really resonate with you right now. Beautiful work and may She continue to watch over and guide you :candle:

@Artemisia Youā€™re very welcome, Kat! Iā€™m so glad to hear the challenges have been helpful for you :blush: Thank you for jumping in, and for sharing such great bits of wisdom- it really helps others (myself included!) to be able to see and learn from others! :handshake: :infinite_roots: It sounds like a beautiful offering ritual to Morrigan- I like how you combined the meat with incense to make a personalized and special gift. Great job! :raised_hands:

@IrisW I know youā€™ve been working with Persephone for a while now, Iris, how lovely to have this beautiful altar up for Her! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You included so many great things too- a like how there is a balance of life and death as it suits Her so well :skull: :sunflower: Thank you for sharing it!

@Torista Thank you so much for sharing, Torista- even if the challenge is technically over, so long as the discussion is open it is very much encouraged that people continue to share if they so choose. Thank you for taking the time to share about your gratitude offering- cleaning the earth is a very generous and considerate offering to nature. Giving time and energy as well as thought is a very impressive and appreciated gift. Beautiful work- I wish you all the best with your work and petitioning! You can do it! :heart::clap:

13 Likes