šŸŒ¬ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Of the Element Air

I have a 2 Geminiā€™s close to me; my mum and my daughter and I have my moon in Gemini so we have a lot of Air around the three of us :laughing: All three of us talk non stop :blush:

I miss my Mum a lot at the moment and I know she misses me and Connie, so Iā€™ve ordered her a bracelet with all three of our birthstones on this week. I hope she likes it! The pattern will go Pearl (June - Mum) Peridot (Me - August) Pearl (June - Connie) I usually prefer to use Moonstone for June but apparently you can use Pearl too :grin:

I also welcomed the Sun into Aquarius with the Air Invocation on the spells8 page :aquarius:

5 Likes

I can relate to so much to you both @berta and @Susurrusā€¦ soft and vulnerable, in my head a lot, love to dissect just what makes me tick and worried that I come off as not caring about anything else than myself when doing that publicly, when in fact thereā€™s so much empathy but itā€™s often so hard to express, afraid to do it wrong and get negative feedbackā€¦ ĻƒĪµ Ī²Ī»Ī­Ļ€Ļ‰, as they say in Ancient Greek, I see youā€¦

The way for finding love for me was to find people who gently led me to question all the traditional ideas of dating, romance, friendship etc. and whatā€™s expected and allowed in each of them. Throwing away all expectations, trying different things without judgement and letting the relationship grow and evolve without needing to put a label on it or say ā€œnow itā€™s good, letā€™s not change it anymoreā€. As a counterpoint, social expectations and fixed ideas of what is proper were very much what made me a hermit. Open mind is such a lovely thing, and way too rare.

6 Likes

Thank you for the correspondences, @berta. :pray: (Side note, I donā€™t believe anyone is truly unlovable. Itā€™s been my experience that air signs require a lot of patience and understanding from the other signs but true love is possible. Iā€™m sorry you had the experiences you had and this isnā€™t the same but you are loved on here.)

Iā€™m totally a water sign. I love black candles, autumn, sunsets, Saturdays, the moon, Venus, and feminine energy.

With air, I have started using clear quartz, fluorite, and amethyst in my crystal magic. Why is North listed for air? I always associated it with East. :thinking::question:

Air is Swords in tarot. While a lot of people dislike death or the tower in tarot, I dislike many of the :dagger: cards.

This is a hard sign for me to understand and to fully appreciate. I know itā€™s just a kidsā€™ show, but I liken my difficulty to The Legend of Korra. She was from a water tribe and had difficulty learning Air Bending.

I keep practicing with yellow candles and Iā€™ve gathered other crystals associated with communication and clarity to help. Thoughts on anything else I can do?

3 Likes

I use a lot of incense, so I wrote this to say when I light it up to cleanse my space.

Rulers of air! Rulers of wind!
Bless the smoke and scents within!
Cleanse the space where I reside,
leaving only happiness inside!

6 Likes

Even with your strong ties to your watery and fiery horoscopes, it sounds like you still have lots of lovely air influence in your life, @CelestiaMoon! :blush:

Ohhhh I loved your map of correspondences for water- would love to see an Air map too if youā€™re up for the task! And I canā€™t help but be a curious cat myself to see what else your creative mind is thinking of :smiley_cat::+1:

Thatā€™s such an interesting idea to look back on your past relationships with Air signs, @Susurrus- it looks like you found some key knowledge! Thanks for sharing your insights! :grin:

Perhaps through looking back and examining similarities across past air relationships, you can discover some guidance for how you might be able to improve current and future relationships with air horoscopes :blush::wind_face:

Hang on tight, @laurie! :laughing: :wind_face: I imagine those northern winds are pretty chilly up there- stay warm! :two_hearts: Iā€™m looking forward to hearing your take on this challenge :blush:

I agree wholeheartedly with what Benjamin said- I donā€™t believe anyone is unloveable. For some people, romantic love isnā€™t their cup of tea for one reason or another- and that is totally fine! :+1: But there are many types of love that a person experiences over their journey through life :national_park:

I can confidently say that you are loved, Berta- love from your daughter, love from your father, love from friends and other family, and of course- love from the coven here. You are a bright and talented soul who showers love on others- I hope you can feel the love being reflected back on you! You are treasured and adores- perhaps more than you know :hugs: :heart:

Thatā€™s a lot of air- I can only imagine the delightful conversations the three of you must have! It sounds like fun :grin: You are so sweet to order your mother the meaningful bracelet, I am sure she will love it :prayer_beads: :two_hearts:

A great idea to welcome in the Aquarius Sun with the Air Invocation- nicely done! :blush::wind_face:

This is so powerful- good for you, Krista! :raised_hands: You are so right about the joys and freedom that an open mind brings :blush:

Oh gosh I love this show! Korra has her flaws, but she is also a big role model for me. It sounds like we relate in that sense, Benjamin- air is a tricky element for me too (perhaps also due to the strong influence of water in our lives :droplet: )

Yellow candles and air element crystals are a great place to start :candle: :yellow_heart: :gem: Do you have any feathers? :bird: Any momentos from past travel? :airplane:

You could also approach the air element from an intellectual or creative point of view :brain: - doing a meditation/vizualization/spellwork to delve deep into the mind or open new doors :door:

Itā€™s a tricky element- Iā€™m excited to see what youā€™ll do! :grin::+1:

Gorgeous chant, Kasie- you always capture things perfectly in your words :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: This is a lovely and powerful air invocation. Nicely done! :clap: :wind_face:

3 Likes

I canā€™t help but smile reading through everyoneā€™s posts- it seems like there are many of us who have stronger ties to other elements and struggle a bit when it comes to air!

I was also a bit stumped for this oneā€¦ so I decided to do a reflection on my past travels :flight_departure: :world_map: As we all know, last year wasnā€™t the year for traveling and adventures abroad. So going through old photos of past trips was kind of like catharsis in a way- it felt good and freeing :relieved: :framed_picture:

(I chose a few of my favorite skylines to share with you all! :sunrise: )

Hyannis, Cape Cod - Working at the International Hostel in 2019

Hong Kong - An Asia Backpacking Adventure in 2019

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Night out on a Backpacking Trip in 2019

Tuscany, Italy - A home away from home volunteering on an animal farm in Tuscany in 2016

Oxford, England - My second trip to Oxford (where I had studied abroad in 2011) in 2018

After reminiscing on old adventures and enjoying the swirling feeling of excitement rise up inside me, I decide to do a small meditation on the element Air :wind_face: :person_in_lotus_position:

I donā€™t have many magickal tools to represent this element- but I found two feathers that flew over the sea in a package from home :package: and my citrine crystal- a gem of the air element :gem:

It was a fun reflection- but goodness gracious do I miss traveling! :laughing:

Letā€™s keep our fingers crossed that this year will open the door for safe possibilities for more fun adventures to come :pray: :blush:

7 Likes

Friendly reminder time!

:grey_exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :grey_exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your water magick experience by the deadline: Tomorrow: January 26th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Blessed be! :yellow_heart: :wind_face:

4 Likes

This week, I just did something quick bc I have a hectic schedule. I did the yellow candle for strength and clarity meditation. I feel like I can better handle my situation. I really enjoyed this. I held two citrine in each hand to let the energy flow through me. I hold them when I need strength. If I need to, Iā€™ll hold them while praying for strength. Thank you @BryWisteria for this opportunity to find my strength!!! :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Thank you, dearest! Iā€™m glad you liked it!

4 Likes

Beautiful pictures @BryWisteria! Youā€™ve got a good eye!

3 Likes

Agreed. So envious. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Those pictures are amazing @BryWisteria!! It does make us want to travel, doesnā€™t it :slight_smile: I bet you have tons of awesome memories of those trips! And yes, it is quite cold this week, and as I was walking outside, my breath was really visible. Itā€™s always a phenomenon that intrigued me. And itā€™s the mix of water and air together, so I think itā€™s quite fitting to last weekā€™s challenge combined with this weekā€™s!

I think just meditating and taking deep breaths is a kind of Air practice in itself.
So for the challeng today, I lit incense and meditated with the sound of Tibetan bowls. It was quite a smoky stick so I cracked open a window, and could feel the cool air coming from outside. Although I did have to blow out some hot air from my hair dryer to be able to open the window at all! :smiley: So just by opening my window I played with both hot and cold air. I also applied some Air element body oil on my pressure points. Oh and I will also do @SilverBearā€™s Air Spray, it must smell so lovely!

Out of all the elements, I donā€™t really know which one I resonate with the most. My sun sign is Earth (Virgo), my moon is Fire (Leo) and my rising is Water (Cancer). I also checked out the Chinese Zodiac Element, and Iā€™m a wood rat! So technically Air isnā€™t very present in my birth chart. But, when I was younger, and pretending to have powers, I always chose the wind. I like hearing it through the leaves on the treesā€¦ and seeing the birds soar in the sky makes me jealous! Even though all elements are vital, I think air might be the one easily ā€œforgottenā€ or taken for granted. But we connect with it and use it at every moment of our lives. :blue_heart:

5 Likes

Krissie,
My ex use to play all my songs I knew and loved. He knew new a lot of personal things that no one else knew. He was a Gemini and Cancer. Air and water sighn He was a good guy in the beginning. He was a player.
He was very charming. He always was the life of the party. Always laughed and had jokes . You could hear him down the hall laughing. His charm didnt last to long! LOL
He would charm the girls and always could make others do what he wanted them to do.

My husband is a Cancer all the way & he is very much a water sign. He always wants to help people. He always gives his time with music. Heā€™s musically inclined and plays in a band just for fun. He loves Jerry Garcia & the Dead Heads. He loves to connect with music with others. When we first got together he would play a nice song to me. That was healing in its self and fun! Know I just hear him in the back playing. When it comes to our home he always is about the family. He is more protecting than any one I ever met in comparison to my ex. I think he has lots of healing attributes related to cancer. So he is just my guy! LOL

Thanks for the website link!! I will see what it has to say!

Jeannie
Blessed be

5 Likes

House Wealth Incence

Hi, for this challenge I decided to make my own Incense and a spell for wealth bye Silver RavenWolf. I thought it would go well with the challenge since were useing the element Air this week. I could use some wealth. In this spell I called upon Dagda sometimes ā€œknown for The Lord of Great Knowledge Because he possesses all the knowledge of the universeā€ RavenWolf. Dagda is linked to the cosmos four your physical survival. He will come to help with money.

Since I need a better job or better job, I thought it would be sufficient. It was a money powder infused with black Charcoal. Since there is magical components in air when you burn incense. I opened my circle then meditated with the cancer meditation. I also called on Aphrodite/ Dagda
3 parts Frank incense
1 part myrrh linked to Aphrodite
1 part patchouli (love spells)
1/2 nutmeg :chestnut:
1/2 all spice
1/2 ginger
1 pinch of home dust
Blue candle healing
Purple candle prosperity
Black -expels negative energies
Green -earth Grounded

This spell can be done for the new, waxing or full moon.
Make it for Monday for Tuesday success

Black and white feather I found!
Blessed be
Jeannie

6 Likes

That sounds lovely, @Christina4- and nice choice with the Citrines! :yellow_circle: :sparkles: I am glad you were able to find your strength and regain control over the situation- really well done! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you, @Amethyst! Iā€™m not much of a photographer, but luckily some natural landscapes are so stunning that their beauty carries through regardless of photography talent or camera quality :laughing: :national_park:

Agreed, @Laurie! :blush: And I love that you were able to link last weekā€™s challenge with this one- a wonderful way to look at it! Ohhhh I love Tibetan bowls :relieved: :two_hearts: It sounds like you had a truly relaxing and reflective Air meditation and were able to connect with the element not represented among your horoscopes- good for you! :heart:

Beautiful incense and spell, @Jeannie! :candle: May your lovely spellwork and prayer to Dagda bring you much wealth and new knowledge :pray: And it looks like your work with Air brought you a very fitting gift- such a lovely feather! :bird: Thanks for sharing, Jeannie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

:exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Great job, everyone- itā€™s been a delight to read about your experiences with air magick! :yellow_heart: :wind_face:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for one week, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :sparkles:

3 Likes

@Amethyst I finally had a chance to read through some of the posts that I missed. I like this chantā€¦ a lot!!! Perfectly beautiful imagery and lovely intention. This is going to go into the BOS! Thank you for all you share.

3 Likes

A parting image of airā€¦ my feathers/ fan collection and a vintage picture of my Dad in 1943 - his WWII pilot gear. Love my 'Flyboy".

@BryWisteria you are giving me itchy feet! Thank you for sharing your beautiful travel pictures. What wonderful places you have explored. I believe there is a magic in travel - when we make personal connections with those who share our planet then there is greater opportunity to find connection than disparity.

6 Likes

Great ritual @Jeannie1, and what a unique and beautiful feather!

Youā€™re welcome @berta! Iā€™m just glad you liked it enough to use it! And a lovely picture of the feathers and your Dad. Nice!

5 Likes

Lovely collection of feathers, Berta!! They really give wings to your fatherā€™s photograph :grin:

Well said! I think thatā€™s the reason why itā€™s called a spiritual journey. Hereā€™s a quote I like:

ā€œThe world is a book, and those who donā€™t travel only read one page.ā€

ā€• St Augustine

4 Likes